Game You're Most Excited For?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blobstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Blobstone
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts

I am really excited for mw2. That game is going to be amazing! I'm also excited for Assassins Creed II and AVP.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
ODST, Borderlands, Rage, Finaly Fantasy XIII,... Theres more, but I forgot.
Aft3rBurn3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Aft3rBurn3r
Member since 2007 • 668 Posts

Dragon Age: Origins

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

Assassins creed 2 cuz its awsome

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
ODST,Reach, Doom4(too soon but i dont care :P), Rage, SC Conviction, Mass Effect2, Mafia2, Borderlands,Alan Wake, and some more.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Sig, a few more in 09, & a whole lot in 2010.

Avatar image for deadly_shuriken
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deadly_shuriken
Member since 2009 • 1086 Posts

tie between ODST and MW2

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Operation Flashpoint
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#9 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

360 =

- Forza3

- Mass Effect 2

- Alan Wake

- Splinter Cell

- Halo ODST

PC =

- Diablo3

- KOTOR MMO

- Starcraft2

- ARMA2 (getting it next week, the demo was crazy good)

Multiplat =

- Crysis 2

- NBA 2k10

- Wolfenstein

- Left4Dead 2

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kozzy1234

Operation Flashpoint KC_Hokie

I was excited for that game until I saw that the people who made Operation Flashpoint 1 are not making Operation Flashpoint2 (they made ARMA2 instead).

Operation Flashpoint was one of my favorite FPS of all time, so realistic, the 2nd one looks to arcadey imo.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Operation Flashpoint kozzy1234

I was excited for that game until I saw that the people who made Operation Flashpoint 1 are not making Operation Flashpoint2 (they made ARMA2 instead).

Operation Flashpoint was one of my favorite FPS of all time, so realistic, the 2nd one looks to arcadey imo.

'Arcadey'? Are you even looking at the same videos and screenshots I'm looking at?
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Operation Flashpoint KC_Hokie

'Arcadey'? Are you even looking at the same videos and screenshots I'm looking at?

Yes I am, when compared to Operation Flashpoint 1, the new one looks way way more arcadey. Sure its more realistic then other shooters. But when compared to the most realistic FPS of all time, it looks arcadey.

Go look at videos of Operation Flashpoint 1, its realism is unmatched. The fact that a whole differnt group is working on teh 2nd Operation Flashpoint doesnt sound or look good to me at all from the videos and screenshots Ive seen. THe makers of the original Operation Flashpoint dumped the idea of making part2 and made ARMA2 instead (which is the real Operation Flashpoint 2 imo, since its made by the original makers of Operation Flashpoint). The new one just looks like a slap in the face to the old Operation Flashpoint and the makers of it.

I will still give part 2 a try when it comes out, but its not looking good imo so far.

beachbob1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 beachbob1
Member since 2007 • 518 Posts

Wolfestien & Batman this month.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

kozzy1234

Yes I am, when compared to Operation Flashpoint 1, the new one looks way way more arcadey. Sure its more realistic then other shooters. But when compared to the most realistic FPS of all time, it looks arcadey.

Go look at videos of Operation Flashpoint 1, its realism is unmarked. The fact that a whole differnt group is working on teh 2nd part doesnt sound or look good to me at all.

I will still give part 2 a try when it comes out, but its not looking good imo so far.

Wow! We must not be talking about the same game. Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising is supposed to be the most realistic modern tactical shooter to ever come out.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]'Arcadey'? Are you even looking at the same videos and screenshots I'm looking at? KC_Hokie

Go look at videos of Operation Flashpoint 1, its realism is unmarked. The fact that a whole differnt group is working on teh 2nd part doesnt sound or look good to me at all.

Wow! We must not be talking about the same game. Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising is supposed to be the most realistic modern tactical shooter to ever come out.

Its not made by the people who made Operation Flashpoint #1 and its been toned down in realism from the original operation flashpoint.

It looks decent, but not as realistic as the original Operation Flashpoint. Have you played the first one?

We are talking about the same game, Ive seen all the videos and screenshots that you have, and it doesnt look half as realistic as Operation Flashpoint1 or ARMA2.

Im a HUGE Operation Flashpoint fan and the new one doenst look as good as the old one to me. But as I said above, Ill give it a try, its just not looking good so far when comapred to the first OPERATION FLASHPOINT.

Yes its more realistic then COD or Halo Or other shooters, but it looks to have lost alot of its realism for the new one.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KC_Hokie

kozzy1234

Its not made by the people who made Operation Flashpoint #1 and its been toned down in realism from the original operation flashpoint.

It has not been 'toned down' as they hired ex-military to help make it realistic. Where do you come up with this stuff?
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Wow! We must not be talking about the same game. Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising is supposed to be the most realistic modern tactical shooter to ever come out. KC_Hokie

It has not been 'toned down' as they hired ex-military to help make it realistic. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Have you played the first one???? If not then how can you compare the videos of the new one to playing the old Operation Flashpoint?

It might be realistic to you, but when compared to OPERATION FLASHPOINT 1, it just doesnt compare realistic wise.

The makers of the original Operation Flashpoint are not making this one and you can tell by the videos that its not looking nearly as realistic as the first one.

Go buy Operation Flashpoint 1 and try it before you talk all this rubish, its still the most realistic shooter to date.

There isnt even LEANING, Fast Roping or an editor in part2. The original makers of the series didnt like the way this one was heading, so they went to work on ARMA2.

The original developers (and peopel who made Operation Flashpoint 1), LEFT the development of this game because it wasnt AS REALISTIC as they wanted it to be, so they left and went to work on other stuff. If that doesnt tell you taht the realism is being toned down then I dont know what will.

But if the people who made the first game have issues with the way the game was beign made then I trust them.

gedbyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gedbyz
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

Assassins Creed 2, with MW2 close behind

councelor12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 councelor12
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

i'm really excited about bioshock 2. i think bioshock might be my favorite game on the 360. not to say it's the best game, or the most fun to play - that stuff's all completely objective. however, i just loved the whole experience and can't wait to get back into rapture.

also, if alan wake lives up to what kind of a game it seems to be, i'll be really excited to play that one as well.

JS0123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JS0123456789
Member since 2007 • 927 Posts

Other is gonna win this one. I am most excited for Borderlands and Dragon Age.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KC_Hokie

kozzy1234

Have you played the first one???? If not then how can you compare the videos of the new one to playing the old Operation Flashpoint?

It might be realistic to you, but when compared to OPERATION FLASHPOINT 1, is just doesnt compare realistic wise.

Yes I played the first one...did you even read Gamespot's E3 preview? The gameplay and realism is there and I'm not sure why you say otherwise.
_Doomsayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 _Doomsayer_
Member since 2008 • 18616 Posts
Splinter Cell: Conviction, and The Darkness 2.
Grif-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Grif-yes
Member since 2009 • 1576 Posts

Battlefield bad company 2, adn borderlands.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]It has not been 'toned down' as they hired ex-military to help make it realistic. Where do you come up with this stuff? KC_Hokie

It might be realistic to you, but when compared to OPERATION FLASHPOINT 1, is just doesnt compare realistic wise.

Yes I played the first one...did you even read Gamespot's E3 preview? The gameplay and realism is there and I'm not sure why you say otherwise.

Because the people who made the first Operation Flashpoint LEFT the development of this game because IT WAS BEING TONED DOWN in the realism department and they didnt like the way it was going. It was basically NOT A TRUE OPERATION FLASHPOINT game, so they left. Thus ARMA2 is the REAL Operation Flashpoint2, as its made by the people who made the first one and not DUMBED DOWN.

Thats got to tell you something. Come on.. no leaning in a operation flashpoint game?

Yes I have seen all the videos and previews for the new Operation Flashpoint. I even had it preordered, but cancelled my preorder due to concers about it going in the wrong direction.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KC_Hokie

kozzy1234

Because the people who made the first Operation Flashpoint LEFT the development of this game because IT WAS BEING TONED DOWN in the realism department and they didnt like the way it was going. It was basically NOT A TRUE OPERATION FLASHPOINT game, so they left. Thus ARMA2 is the REAL Operation Flashpoint2, as its made by the people who made the first one and not DUMBED DOWN.

Thats got to tell you something. Come on.. no leaning in a operation flashpoint game?

You obviously haven't even bothered to read Gamespot's preview if you think Operation Flashpoint will be 'toned down'. And who cares if another company is making the game it happens all the time....examples Fallout 3, Call of Duty, etc. Codemasters is a very high quality company and just won an award for industry excellence.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Yes I played the first one...did you even read Gamespot's E3 preview? The gameplay and realism is there and I'm not sure why you say otherwise. KC_Hokie

You obviously haven't even bothered to read Gamespot's preview if you think Operation Flashpoint will be 'toned down'. And who cares if another company is making the game it happens all the time....examples Fallout 3, Call of Duty, etc. Codemasters is a very high quality company and just won an award for industry excellence.

You are WRONG, I have watched EVERY video taht gamespot has for this game, EVERY SINGLE ONE.

In a realistic game you die after a few shots to the head area. But in this one you can take 20-30 shots and not die, thats unacceptable if your making a operation flashpoint sequel imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukT3CELGe8

Im not bashing this game, as I said above, I WILL GIVE THE GAME A TRY when its out. But im not holding my breath for it to be as realistic as Operation Flashpoint1 or ARMA2.

Stop saying I havn't watched this video or that video, because I have watched every video on this site and many other sites about the new Operation Flashpoint. At one point I was extremely excited, but recent videos and previews and put me off (on top of the origianl developers LEAVING because its not up to there standards).

The night missions look like alot of fun though, thats one thing im looking forward to, even if its nto as realistic as the first one in the series. The night missions looks good graphically and I am definatly interested in seeing how those play out. Im just choked there is No leaning, no map/mission editor and that the original developers left from the development of this game. But YES I WILL BUY or RENT this game on its release to give it a fair try. I just dont have my hope set really high anymore.

yungog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 yungog
Member since 2008 • 731 Posts

the only game im looking forward to is fifa 10:)

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KC_Hokie

You are WRONG, I have watched EVERY video taht gamespot has for this game, EVERY SINGLE ONE.

In a realistic game you die after a few shots to the head area. But in this one you can take 20-30 shots and not die, thats unacceptable if your making a operation flashpoint sequel imo.

Im not bashing this game, as I said above, I WILL GIVE THE GAME A TRY when its out. But im not holding my breath for it to be as realistic as Operation Flashpoint1 or ARMA2.

Stop saying I havn't watched this video or that video, because I have watched every video on this site and many other sites about the new Operation Flashpoint. At one point I was extremely excited, but recent videos and previews and put me off (on top of the origianl developers LEAVING because its not up to there standards).

kozzy1234

Read the Gamespot preview and how REALISTIC they say it is. And I'm glad Bohemia didn't make the game as their last console game, Operation Flashpoint Elite, was a total disaster and their last two games were mediocre at best.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]You are WRONG, I have watched EVERY video taht gamespot has for this game, EVERY SINGLE ONE.

KC_Hokie

Read the Gamespot preview and how REALISTIC they say it is. And I'm glad Bohemia didn't make the game as their last console game, Operation Flashpoint Elite, was a total disaster and their last two games were mediocre at best.

I saw that already. And to be honest I dont really trust gamespot these days after so many reviews that I dissagree with. Id rather judge a game myself.
But one thing that interested me in the latest previews Ive watched, is the night missions, they look very cool. Anyways, lets stop this because we are wreckign this thread, turning it into a OF thread :P

Ill probably see you on xbox live on this game when its out either way as the 360 is low on these kind of shooters :D

** Yes the xbox version (ELITE) was terrible, but the very very first Operation Flashpoint on PC was fantastic though, to answer your post about Bohemia not making good games lately. And ARMA2 is simply amazing. Cant wait for it to come to 360 **

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KC_Hokie

I saw that already. And to be honest I dont really trust gamespot these days after so many reviews that I dissagree with. Id rather judge a game myself.
But one thing that interested me in the latest previews Ive watched, is the night missions, they look very cool. Anyways, lets stop this because we are wreckign this thread, turning it into a OF thread :P

Ill probably see you on xbox live on this game when its out either way as the 360 is low on these kind of shooters :D

kozzy1234

I agree the Xbox 360 has very few realistic tactical shooters. I just read it takes 4.5 hours real time to walk across the entire map, you can swim/submerge, blow limbs off, the weather is realistic and lighting is realistic. I can't wait.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]I saw that already. And to be honest I dont really trust gamespot these days after so many reviews that I dissagree with. Id rather judge a game myself.

KC_Hokie

I agree the Xbox 360 has very few realistic tactical shooters. I just read it takes 4.5 hours real time to walk across the entire map, you can swim/submerge, blow limbs off, the weather is realistic and lighting is realistic. I can't wait.

You would LOVE ARMA2 then man, go to youtube and watch some videos of it (or the video review here on gamespot).
ARMA2 has "Over 225 square kilometer chunk of the real world!" :shock:

Cant wait for that on 360.

I'm hoping alot of that 4.5 hours of walkign across OF2's game-world can be done at the night time, the night missions looks very good.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]I saw that already. And to be honest I dont really trust gamespot these days after so many reviews that I dissagree with. Id rather judge a game myself.

l probably see you on xbox live on this game when its out either way as the 360 is low on these kind of shooters :D

kozzy1234

You would LOVE ARMA2 then man, go to youtube and watch some videos of it (or the video review here on gamespot).
ARMA2 has "Over 225 square kilometer chunk of the real world!" :shock:

Cant wait for that on 360

The Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising map is 278 square kilometers. That's huge!

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
Brutal Legend
Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
Mass Effect 2
Blobstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blobstone
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts

bump

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Dragon Age Origins for an amazing RPG and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for my multiplayer needs.

sarowaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sarowaz
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

MW2. i know most of you are tired of hearing this but..its gonna rock!

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Splinter Cell: Conviction. So hearing it was going to be delayed for the 17th time wasn't exactly good news.
_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 _Hyde
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Darksiders? The game looks kickass, graphics, gameplay, not to mention the amount of free roaming. Intense cutscenes, epic weapons, brutal fatalities for every enemy (Oh yes, there will be blood). What's not to love?

Hailfire704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hailfire704
Member since 2009 • 729 Posts

My top three are: Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and Dragon Age:Origins

Out of the three I would definitely have to choose Mass Effect 2

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Mass effect 2, bioshock 2

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

Several days ago would've said MW2. But now that I've played Mass Effect for almost 30hours... GOTTA SAY ME2!!! Mass Effect is pretty easily the best game I've ever played. Thanks for everyone who posted in my ME-thread, if someone sees this post!!

xp4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xp4
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts
i can't wait 4 COD MW2
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Dragon Age origins, i've been looking for a good RPG in a long time and this looks like it

And borderlands for PC, it is going to be a LAN party bomb! Can't wait to be firing explosive shotgun shells from a revolver with a 12 inch barrel and red dot scope

Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts
For me its gonna be... Borderlands, Forza 3, Halo ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Splintercell Conviction, and maybe Huxley in the future. I got into the Huxley PC beta 2 but gotta wait till 4pm EST to play... (its only available from 2pm - 10pm PST)
zombiechief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 zombiechief
Member since 2009 • 183 Posts
i have to say odst and left 4 dead 2
Avatar image for deactivated-583cc789d981d
deactivated-583cc789d981d

Forum Posts