FARCRY2 EPIC PHAIL.....booring game ever....

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tjdeep_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 tjdeep_2007
Member since 2007 • 339 Posts

Good God, Far Cry 2 is the WORST FPS ive ever played this year. Man seriously WTF is this? It sucks so much ass. Im about 2hrs into the campaign and im already bored of it, its so bland and meh! Its all drive here, go there, go here, clear camps and make them your safehouses, seriously wtf! Dont look for a story because there aint one, all these missions are a sorry excuse to increase game time. And the multiplayer is at an all new level of CRAPFEST. Other than Enemy Territory Quake Wars I cant think of one single FPS whos MP is this horrible.

* Laughable sprint feature, its pretty much pointless. You speed up like 0.5mph and the whole screen blurs as though your running at 100mph. BFBC's sprint (which sucks as well) feature feels like a God in front of this.

* wow gun sounds are so amazing /sarcasm. What the hell did they use to make those sounds?? Hitting sticks on a wall probably??

* Movement - Oh man what can go so wrong on such a simple thing like this?? Why is that my character walks as though he has got an artificial leg?? When i run its like my legs will fly off from my body any minute.

* Accuracy - Yea go on give the enemy 1000% accuracy so that they can shoot me from a kilometer away and can make all their bullets hit me but when i try to hit an enemy that is only a few hundred meters away the bullet spreads like an umbrella. Then there is that stupid red damage indicator, half the time it does not even point to the right direction (the direction which the enemy is shooting me from)

* MP Maps - Who ever made those in-built maps is an idiot, most of the maps lack balancing and one team has the perfect base while the other has the worst base. Devs first priority for a proper MP implementation are the maps, no one will stick to your game if your maps suck balls. Sure you can retort saying they've given you the map editor, ya right but the thing is will you be able to find 16 players with that same map of yours in 5-10mins?

* NO matchmaking, no party system and yea you cant play ranked matches with your friends

* Also negative EXP?? wtf! I gained about 330 in one game and i lost 280XP in the next and lost a rank. umm hello?? whats going on??

* All that pulling bullets from your body is just a gimmick, its ridiculously frustrating in MP because when you manage to find some cover to pull out the bullet, you're giving ample amount of time for the enemy to come to you and rape your face

* Respawn time - OH MA GAWD wth! you can take a short nap while it counts down. One of the longest respawn counters in any game. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

* SP lacks action and MP lacks fun

I can go on and on but this is enough and im so mad right now. To people who think the graphics are great lol I bet you that the graphics will get old in less than 15 mins, because thats what it is, its the same boring scenario everywhere and LOL ive not seen rock textures so horrible in any game, its like liquid **** sprayed all over the rock. And then there is this mountable turret effects, you know the fireblasts when you shoot?? they look 2D. Wth parveer, shadows are ridiculously dithered, this game is like every other X360 game, there are absolutely NO shadow improvements. And oh good one more FPS with a floating camera, why cant i see my god damn legs when i move/when i remove bullets from my hand?? So much for realism when dated games had them.

Also if you're thinking that this game (Multiplayer) is going to be like CoD4, then you'll be extremely disappointed. I honestly believe that this game will be dead in less than 2 weeks, MP lobbies are not even crowded during the launch week, so just think about it down the road.

Anyways, for pirates you guys go ahead and do w/e you want, my rant is for the people who are going to spend $$ on this. If I were you I would not buy this game, save your $$ for Gears or CoD WaW or any other game but not this (its still your choice, im just throwing it out) because it WONT last long. Damn im sooo freaking mad right now, absolute waste of 60$.

Baseline:
This is NOT a sophisticated/polished shooter, its a sorry excuse for a FPS an open world FPS that is. As of now id give it a 5/10 and that is quite generous if you ask me.

PS: Im talking about the X360 version and i cant say the same for other versions.

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
Sounds like Far Cry. :)
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

Rather than addressing every point I'm just going to see I disagree with all of them and feel exactly the opposite of every point you just made. :)

It's also been three days... return it.

SirCokerThe9th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SirCokerThe9th
Member since 2008 • 682 Posts
Somehow I just dont believe any of this. Everybody has a different side on games. So i wont say anything til i've actually played it.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Yeah I didn't like the game either. It bored me after about two hours.
Sheps21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sheps21
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
Did that essay meet the 1000 word criteria, but seriously I think you need to play it longer, because I don't have it but everybody I talked to said it starts slow but then gets much better.
covertsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 covertsnake
Member since 2003 • 63 Posts
i was board with it too... till i put it in the xbox and played the best game of all time released this week
R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts
you are entitled to your opinion, but i really love this game and i didn't even think it was going to be very good, you must just be really hard to please lol
wii_dude101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wii_dude101
Member since 2007 • 318 Posts
You kidding? the only thing I kinda agree with there is the sprinting it looks great IMO but they should of made it alittle longer. The game is great, and the gun sounds are outstanding are you kdding me?
erica1633

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 erica1633
Member since 2005 • 210 Posts

i was board with it too... till i put it in the xbox and played the best game of all time released this weekcovertsnake

haha respect

suplax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 suplax
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts

I didn't got mine yet still finishing Dead Space and need to finish fable 2.

But with this super negative review make me don't want to buy it -_-" , i respect you opinion but i hope you are wrong cuz i loved the first one.

JiMMay4ShiZZay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JiMMay4ShiZZay
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts
You expected otherwise?
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i'm going to pick it up eventually
PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
Sounds like far cry. The first game was so bland and dull I thought I was going to rip my eyes out...sure, the water was pretty. Besides that, the action was just...boring. Sorry..but, this is going to be a hard game to force yourself to enjoy.
PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
I'm sorry you don't like a very good game that is getting good scores across the board. Maybe it's not the game, maybe it's you. :o BioShockOwnz

Dude you should know that high scores don't mean much. A game could be developed well and sound great with all of its realistic features; doesn't mean it's fun.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I'm sorry you don't like a very good game that is getting good scores across the board. Maybe it's not the game, maybe it's you. :o PureDante

Dude you should know that high scores don't mean much. A game could be developed well and sound great with all of its realistic features; doesn't mean it's fun.

Sure, high scores definitely mean a lot. I find it to be a fun game. Different strokes for different folks.

PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts
I don't know what you are talking about. I played Far Cry 2 for 4 hours straight today for the first time and I had a great time with it. I haven't played multiplayer or used the map editor yet but so far the campaign is great! The graphics are stunning, the gun sounds and other sound effects are great, The enemy does have good accuracy but there are multiple difficulty settings and I'm sure after some practice anyone willl get good at shooting and have better accuracy to. I for one like the running to. I know a lot of people will agree with me that Far Cry 2 is a very great game!
tjdeep_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tjdeep_2007
its just an opinion guys...
mwesch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mwesch
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

Well imo far cry 2 is up there with the oblivions/gtas and the bioshocks =]

I cant see how anyone cant like this game apart from getting overwhelmed from the vastness of it all

stinkyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 stinkyfriend
Member since 2007 • 1325 Posts
im still waiting on mine from gamestop preordered a while but i forgot to get store pickup and it comming to my house just cant belive aint here yet im pretty sure tommorow i know its gonna be a sick game i looked this stuff up alot for a long time it looks sick
Avatar image for silentkill62696
silentkill62696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 silentkill62696
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts
Well, heard the first one was similar to crysis, not in terms of graphics, but gameplay and i kno a lot of ppl (including me) didn't like crysis as much as GS does. So i was expecting far cry 2 to not be that great. The sand box fps type just doesn't seem to suite me.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
seems like someone wasnt very good at the game haha
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#25 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Farcry2 is awesome, this hater probably didnt get by the tutorial.

Definaty not a boring game in my opinion.

DeadSoulKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DeadSoulKing
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

Judging by the games TC said are worth the $60 (Gears and COD), I've gathered that

1. He doesn't like open-ended games that rewards people for strategies other than bum-rushing.

2. He loves games with auto-regen health (he must've just started gaming this gen, in that case).

3. He failed to understand the many reviewers AND individual users that admit the game starts off slow.

tjdeep_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tjdeep_2007
kozzy!!!!lol another fc2 fanboy....first play the game and then comment
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sensfanVone

kozzy!!!!lol another fc2 fanboy....first play the game and then commenttjdeep_2007

Played the game and commented, you are allowed your opinion I just disagree with it. :P

th3dz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 th3dz
Member since 2005 • 135 Posts
tjdeep_2007 It is very clear that you don't know anything whatsoever about game design, programming and game structure and strategy. A question do you happen to have a ps3? And did you just play your friends 360 version and now you have to complain to not feel that you've spent 600 bucks on a system that sucks? No hard feelings...just asking.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

Well imo far cry 2 is up there with the oblivions/gtas and the bioshocks =]

I cant see how anyone cant like this game apart from getting overwhelmed from the vastness of it all

mwesch

I have to say I disagree with that. FC2 story is by far the worst thing about the game. Bioshock and GTA... Hell even Oblivions story beats the living hell out of this game. I thought it was boring just like the TC. It really is a bland FPS... I am surprised its getting the reviews its getting.

But to each his own I guess. Glad to see some people are enjoying is. I do miss Jack Carver though. He was a badass with a hawaiian shirt.

tim22000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tim22000
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts
your either trolling or a complete idiot, i choose both.
tjdeep_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tjdeep_2007
how can u say that i dont know anything about programming and all....i know duniya engine is great i m not complaining about it..but game is a suckfest.....they way he holds the gun it simply sucks...
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sensfanVone

how can u say that i dont know anything about programming and all....i know duniya engine is great i m not complaining about it..but game is a suckfest.....they way he holds the gun it simply sucks...tjdeep_2007

I'm sorry, but if your complaining about the way he holds the gun something tells me you weren't going to like this game even if it was amazing...

stabbystabstab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 stabbystabstab
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts

Whats this? this hitler youth board? "YAa ya they shall be in a vorld of hurt if they're opinions do not match that of our own"

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

seems like someone wasnt very good at the game hahachaoscougar1

My thought exactly

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts
Try running while carring all that heavy equipment, I bet you won't make it that far! I thought the gun sounds were very realistic, you ever hear these type of guns shot, they do sound like crap!
IshmaelSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 IshmaelSonata
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts
I disagree with everything in the OP. The game isnt bad at all, and the multiplayer definitely isnt bad. Best MP maps in any shooting game. Respawn timer is 4-16 secs. And yeh, theres a flamethrower and you get to set the entire map on fire if you really wanted to. Its pretty awesome.
xboxplayer1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xboxplayer1990
Member since 2008 • 941 Posts
You expected a non-boring game from Ubi? They also made BIA, AC, and Ghost Recon which are some of the most boring games ever.
-Nero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Nero
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts

I viewed your profile. I can't help to think why you rated Far Cry 2 a 9.5? Or are my eyes deceiving me?

tim22000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tim22000
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts
[QUOTE="tjdeep_2007"]

Good God, Far Cry 2 is the WORST FPS ive ever played this year. Man seriously WTF is this? It sucks so much ass. Im about 2hrs into the campaign and im already bored of it, its so bland and meh! Its all drive here, go there, go here, clear camps and make them your safehouses, seriously wtf! Dont look for a story because there aint one, all these missions are a sorry excuse to increase game time. And the multiplayer is at an all new level of CRAPFEST. Other than Enemy Territory Quake Wars I cant think of one single FPS whos MP is this horrible.

* Laughable sprint feature, its pretty much pointless. You speed up like 0.5mph and the whole screen blurs as though your running at 100mph. BFBC's sprint (which sucks as well) feature feels like a God in front of this.

* wow gun sounds are so amazing /sarcasm. What the hell did they use to make those sounds?? Hitting sticks on a wall probably??

* Movement - Oh man what can go so wrong on such a simple thing like this?? Why is that my character walks as though he has got an artificial leg?? When i run its like my legs will fly off from my body any minute.

* Accuracy - Yea go on give the enemy 1000% accuracy so that they can shoot me from a kilometer away and can make all their bullets hit me but when i try to hit an enemy that is only a few hundred meters away the bullet spreads like an umbrella. Then there is that stupid red damage indicator, half the time it does not even point to the right direction (the direction which the enemy is shooting me from)

* MP Maps - Who ever made those in-built maps is an idiot, most of the maps lack balancing and one team has the perfect base while the other has the worst base. Devs first priority for a proper MP implementation are the maps, no one will stick to your game if your maps suck balls. Sure you can retort saying they've given you the map editor, ya right but the thing is will you be able to find 16 players with that same map of yours in 5-10mins?

* NO matchmaking, no party system and yea you cant play ranked matches with your friends

* Also negative EXP?? wtf! I gained about 330 in one game and i lost 280XP in the next and lost a rank. umm hello?? whats going on??

* All that pulling bullets from your body is just a gimmick, its ridiculously frustrating in MP because when you manage to find some cover to pull out the bullet, you're giving ample amount of time for the enemy to come to you and rape your face

* Respawn time - OH MA GAWD wth! you can take a short nap while it counts down. One of the longest respawn counters in any game. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

* SP lacks action and MP lacks fun

I can go on and on but this is enough and im so mad right now. To people who think the graphics are great lol I bet you that the graphics will get old in less than 15 mins, because thats what it is, its the same boring scenario everywhere and LOL ive not seen rock textures so horrible in any game, its like liquid **** sprayed all over the rock. And then there is this mountable turret effects, you know the fireblasts when you shoot?? they look 2D. Wth parveer, shadows are ridiculously dithered, this game is like every other X360 game, there are absolutely NO shadow improvements. And oh good one more FPS with a floating camera, why cant i see my god damn legs when i move/when i remove bullets from my hand?? So much for realism when dated games had them.

Also if you're thinking that this game (Multiplayer) is going to be like CoD4, then you'll be extremely disappointed. I honestly believe that this game will be dead in less than 2 weeks, MP lobbies are not even crowded during the launch week, so just think about it down the road.

Anyways, for pirates you guys go ahead and do w/e you want, my rant is for the people who are going to spend $$ on this. If I were you I would not buy this game, save your $$ for Gears or CoD WaW or any other game but not this (its still your choice, im just throwing it out) because it WONT last long. Damn im sooo freaking mad right now, absolute waste of 60$.

Baseline:
This is NOT a sophisticated/polished shooter, its a sorry excuse for a FPS an open world FPS that is. As of now id give it a 5/10 and that is quite generous if you ask me.

PS: Im talking about the X360 version and i cant say the same for other versions.

-Nero

I viewed your profile. I can't help to think why you rated Far Cry 2 a 9.5? Or are my eyes deceiving me?

LOL nice find nero. i predict tjdeep was trying to be smart posting this topic to generate intelligent rebuttals from people proving why far cry 2 is such a good game. But either way, f*** ya for wasting my time deepy.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
It doesn't look too bad, but I haven't played it yet. I love the map editor on the first Far Cry so I may get this game farther down the road but I just don't knnow.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

-Nero

hahaha awesome, yeh all games 9.5 and under pretty much suck

Avatar image for deactivated-586291ff5899b
deactivated-586291ff5899b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-586291ff5899b
Member since 2008 • 1261 Posts

-Nero

SICK BURN !!!! I've logged only about 3 hours so far, and I have to say, I've been very close to calling in sick these last 2 days just so I can stay home and play it all day !!!! IMO - I think the game looks and plays great - I haven't done any multi player stuff yet, but there seems to been enough of the single player mode to keep me busy for a while !!!

Avatar image for deactivated-586291ff5899b
deactivated-586291ff5899b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-586291ff5899b
Member since 2008 • 1261 Posts

check it out - he gave it a 9.5 - then a hour later reduced it to 8.5 - what a loser !!!

• Oct 22, 2008 10:14 am ET tjdeep_2007 gave Far Cry 2 a score of 8.5
  • Oct 21, 2008 9:06 am ET tjdeep_2007 gave Far Cry 2 a score of 9.5

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

tjdeep_2007

Out of curiosity, so when you join a game with a user created map, it doesn't download that map automatically?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#46 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

You hate this game but you still give it a great score, what gives? Then again the same thing happened when someone said Perfect Dark Zero was crap and he gave it a 9.6, LOL.

Also, we tend to hate overhyped games like Halo 3 and GTA IV, after all, don't expect everyone to like AAA games.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
Most the stuff you said is complete bs and imo it's an awesome game.
TechtRonin07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TechtRonin07
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

You shouldn't expect the multiplayer to fail, of course there aren't many people in there, We're all having fun with the campaign. I imagine it will pick up next week as most of us will probably be finishing the game then.

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
I totally disagree, the game is not your average corridor shooting so I could see how the slower methodical gameplay would confuse short sighted gamers. Not to mention the game is beautiful looking.
tjdeep_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tjdeep_2007

check it out - he gave it a 9.5 - then a hour later reduced it to 8.5 - what a loser !!!

• Oct 22, 2008 10:14 am ET tjdeep_2007 gave Far Cry 2 a score of 8.5
  • Oct 21, 2008 9:06 am ET tjdeep_2007 gave Far Cry 2 a score of 9.5

barilli71

ROFLMAO..

next time u ll get to see 7.5 score