Fable Vs Oblivion?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Redick_is_Magic"]oblivion is the best game on the 360 and if u dont have it u should get it nowRaseshX

Yah, people said I should get it, But I'm asking to people who have played both games, and share which games is better.

Dont get me wrong, Iv'e played Oblivion for like an hour :P, but thinks it's a great game.

I hate Oblivion with a passion. The game is so outdated, you cant even imagine. Gameplay was slow, no combat system, melee FPS for the loss. It's no condemned. The game has you feeling lost, not in terms of where to go, but where to start and what else to do. You kinda have to pick and choose your adventure and I dont like that about Oblivion or any game for that matter. Dungeons all looked the same, I'm not even kidding. Enemies were so boring, they all looked the same in each dungeon. If it's a cave full of goblins then all the goblins look the same. NPCs are lifeless, no facial expression, and they hardly move. They stand inert. No hand gestures, nothing. This game is so 1999. It's overated and a big waste of your precious time.

I never played Fable, I need opinions about that as well. I would like to, because I'm pretty excited about Fable 2.

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#52 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts
I've only played Fable for about 30 minutes, but it was quite fun. Oblivion is my favorite 360 game though.
RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 RaseshX
Member since 2008 • 404 Posts
[QUOTE="RaseshX"]

[QUOTE="Redick_is_Magic"]oblivion is the best game on the 360 and if u dont have it u should get it nowElann2008

Yah, people said I should get it, But I'm asking to people who have played both games, and share which games is better.

Dont get me wrong, Iv'e played Oblivion for like an hour :P, but thinks it's a great game.

I hate Oblivion with a passion. The game is so outdated, you cant even imagine. Gameplay was slow, no combat system, melee FPS for the loss. It's no condemned. The game has you feeling lost, not in terms of where to go, but where to start and what else to do. You kinda have to pick and choose your adventure and I dont like that about Oblivion or any game for that matter. Dungeons all looked the same, I'm not even kidding. Enemies were so boring, they all looked the same in each dungeon. If it's a cave full of goblins then all the goblins look the same. NPCs are lifeless, no facial expression, and they hardly move. They stand inert. No hand gestures, nothing. This game is so 1999. It's overated and a big waste of your precious time.

I never played Fable, I need opinions about that as well. I would like to, because I'm pretty excited about Fable 2.

Well if you havn't yet bought FABLE i'd strongly reccomend getting it. Not to mension if you was planning to get fable 2, you MIGHT need to have played fable 1 to fully understand ( I don't know though), But in gameplay wise, i really reccomend you get fable it's brilliant.

It's quite cheap now in shops anyway. Around £10 maybe?

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#54 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="RaseshX"]

[QUOTE="Redick_is_Magic"]oblivion is the best game on the 360 and if u dont have it u should get it nowRaseshX

Well if you havn't yet bought FABLE i'd strongly reccomend getting it. Not to mension if you was planning to get fable 2, you MIGHT need to have played fable 1 to fully understand ( I don't know though), But in gameplay wise, i really reccomend you get fable it's brilliant.

Sweet, thanks. I'll probably just download it off XBL, I have some points left. Graphics are still okay right? I wont be turned off by Xbox graphics?

RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 RaseshX
[QUOTE="RaseshX"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="RaseshX"]

[QUOTE="Redick_is_Magic"]oblivion is the best game on the 360 and if u dont have it u should get it nowElann2008

Sweet, thanks. I'll probably just download it off XBL, I have some points left. Graphics are still okay right? I wont be turned off by Xbox graphics?

Well - The graphics are not AMAZING to the extent Xbox 360 games are now. But there not horrible, there infact really good for an xbox game, it's like the same graphics as some Xbox 360 games are now! But yeh, the armour and weapons look brilliant, the faces may not look PERFECT but there is certainly nothing BAD about the graphics.
RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RaseshX
Keep sharing your thoughts :).
cornholio999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 cornholio999
Member since 2005 • 518 Posts
okay, heres another question kinda on topic: should i get fable over the marketplace or just spend my points other ways?
NoctemInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 NoctemInvictus
Member since 2006 • 413 Posts

ZOMG.

I played Fable: The Lost Chapters through like 10 times and it was still fun until I finally sold my Xbox.

I think it would be far more apt to compare Fable 1 to Morrowind. Morrowind was such a terrible game in my opinion, I could never get anywhere. I find Oblivion to be a lot better than Morrowind, but it's definately no MY type of game. I like RPGs but I prefer a more lineal experience. I like having freedom, but I don't want so much freedom that I get lost and can't enjoy myself. I want to play a game for entertainment, gaming should not be turned into a "meaningful pursuit", such as Oblivion.

I think we're going to have to wait until Fable 2 is released, so we can compare two next-gen RPGs from polar opposite structures of the genre.

acesion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 acesion
Member since 2003 • 1938 Posts

I like Oblivion more then Fable, because the game lasted 100+ hours. Fable however does have the art style down(best High end weapons of any game). Fable also had a soul and atmosphere to it while obliviion is dull in comparison. Oblivion does have customizability of your character and house, and you could be a girl or a guy(even though the girls looked like men anyways).

Oblivion>Fable

But

Fable 2>> Oblivion.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#60 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
Oblivion is light years better than Fable 1. It should be, it came out years later on a better console. If Fable 2 isn't far better than Oblivion then it will be a disappointment for me.
halopanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 halopanda
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i go with oblivion i like the game play i oblivion
ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
oblivion hands down.
ricketyrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ricketyrack
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts
fable has better story line and also the way your actions decide wether you are good or evil, but the ammount you can do on oblivion is great
RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 RaseshX

yeah, I agree with the people who are saying that 'oblviously oblivion will be better, as it's on a next-gen console, and came out a year later'.

But i'm not really going for just the graphics, i mean the story line.

You don't really need a super-duper amazing pwnageable TEROEF0SFSDF9SD F7SDF console, to produce a great story line. I know plenty of games for the Nintendo 64 & PS1, That don't have the most amazing graphics, but a great storyline.

Keep posting your views people :).

RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RaseshX
Keep posting your thoughts :).
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
i'll have to go with fable. I gave oblivion and chance and in the beginning it was great but as the story progresses its like the ygot bored and tired of making the game. i meanthe ending was just as bad as Jericho's was. Heck the Knights of the Nine expansion was more fun and the story was better too. When a 3 hour expansion beats a 100 plus hour game thats messed up.
Ayronrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ayronrock
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
peter monleyenx said it woul come out at 4:oo am in 2008 it was in an interview i saw. btw peter is the leader of the project or somthin like that
paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
[QUOTE="paul52181"]

In my opinion, Fable. I loved Fable, the gameplay, story, combat, magic, characters, and I really loved the music. I can't wait for Fable 2! It's just more my type of RPG. I absolutely hated Oblivion, it was a complete borefest, the voice work was crap, the combat was crap, and every dungeon or cave looked exactly the same. Total freakin snoozefest in my opinion. And I also wasn't going to invest 100+ hours in that.

great_rulo

All the thing's you just said you hate are the most praised by reviewers, you sure didnt even play for more than 5 hours did you? geez i played it for 200 hours and i didnt even got bored.

Fable was good but the only great thing about it was the story and the argument, but the level design, enemies designs, gameplay, replay value and different quests were just crap.

So, because a lot of reviewers praised the things that I hate about Oblivion...it makes me wrong? Sorry buddy, but a review is an opinion, not a fact. I could give two **** less about what the reviewers or what you think. I make judgements based on my own experience, not those of a reviewer. And I played for about 20+ hours and just couldn't get into it. You liked it, you didn't get bored....good for you. Am I ripping on you because you don't like Fable and I do? No....because I don't care. To each his own....to each his own...

RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 RaseshX
Keep posting your views :).
Iqen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#70 Iqen
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts

Oblivion without a doubt. I prefer the gameplay system in Fable, but unlike Oblivion, it just doesn't have any substance. Heck, I prefer Morrowind over Fable 1 anyway.

RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RaseshX

Oblivion without a doubt. I prefer the gameplay system in Fable, but unlike Oblivion, it just doesn't have any substance. Heck, I prefer Morrowind over Fable 1 anyway.

Iqen

Thank you for your opinion.

Though, i highly doubt Morrowind is even close to beating fable.

Flaxster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Flaxster
Member since 2003 • 1517 Posts
No Contest: OBLIVION. Fable was short and linear. Oblivion is much deeper, longer, better graphics, voices, etc, etc.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#73 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Fable is better. Oblivion is trash.
RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 RaseshX
Keep posting!
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
Oblivion's story was generic and lifeless, the level scaling made leveling useless, the fast travel and compass made everything easy as hell to find and all the quest's were "Go to objective A, kill monster B and/or bring back item B." with little to no variation. Of course they mixed that up a bit with Shivering Isles, but the level scaling was so game defeating that after fully completing Oblivion I just couldn't stomach it.

Fable had a generic story too, but at least it had charm. It was far too linear, didn't have the family features in it like had been suggested, and it was a lot more stylistic then Oblivion so while Oblivion certainly has better graphics I think Fable was a lot more fun to look at. Even the backgrounds at time had an oustanding amount of detail to them.

Both games are shallow RPG's at best. Fable get's the nudge in my opinion simply because the experience was more memorable in my opinion.
NumenDivinum
I actually didn't mind the level-scaling. It made the experience feel more even in comparison to a lot of other RPGs I've played. And for me, earning the ability to cast new spells and such was more than enough impetus to level-up.
RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 RaseshX
Keep On posting :).
master-dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 master-dude
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts
Oblivion
-Gray_Fox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 -Gray_Fox-
Member since 2005 • 2578 Posts

Oblivion's story was generic and lifeless, the level scaling made leveling useless, the fast travel and compass made everything easy as hell to find and all the quest's were "Go to objective A, kill monster B and/or bring back item B." with little to no variation. Of course they mixed that up a bit with Shivering Isles, but the level scaling was so game defeating that after fully completing Oblivion I just couldn't stomach it.

NumenDivinum
huh? oblivion lvling system is the best I've ever seen (I I have seen A LOT !) u can mix many skills and u have full control of if u understood it.

I found it's story good but not great, but the main story is ONLY a part of it and not a big one! it's quests are awesome , an insane man , a man who seeks his revenge (with his mother's head with him!) or annihilate a group of stupid ppl in a stupid game! that's just awesome! finally u get the FEELING of playing in another world....

Edit: how I made an almost perfect warrior at lvl 10 then making him a thieve with some stuff and focusing on some skills, shows how great this is game is....

berserker_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#79 berserker_guts
Member since 2004 • 98 Posts
Oblivion is far better than Fable in every way possible, you shouldn't even compare them imo.
gun65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 gun65
Member since 2004 • 3312 Posts

I prefer Oblivion. Fable was so linear and small,Oblivion is large scale and open ended. As an above poster said I beleive morrowind is better than fable as well.

anths1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#81 anths1987
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts

Oblivion hands down.

how can you not like Oblivion? Honestly....

It feels like another world. And when i get tired from playing Oblivion, its mostly becasue i have been playing it for so long.

gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 gdogghenrikson
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts
oblivion, way more hours of gameplay
PhantomRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 PhantomRed
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

Oblivion is WAY better. I recently went through Fable again and I forgot how boring that game was. Honestly I hope Fable 2 redeems the series for me. Fable 2 is supposed to be what Fable was meant to be.

brkr12002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 brkr12002
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts
Get them both. You can find Fable TLC at best buy new for $10, easily worth it especially if you don't want to shell out $60 for Oblivion. Fable is a lot of fun. Just started playing oblivion (PS3 version), but liking it so far. Fable has a certain charm about it, you just have to play it to understand. Oblivion is extremely massive.
nintendorocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#85 nintendorocks
Member since 2004 • 5996 Posts

Oblivion, by far.

Fable is a lie. Like the cake.

Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#86 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

idk..im probably gonna have to play fable 2 to find out...i mean i love oblivion(that was the game i was playing before i got 1 light of death)...and then theres fable..the game i simply adored on the Xbox....decisions decisions

rocketman001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87 rocketman001
Member since 2007 • 874 Posts

I say Oblivion

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#88 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
Oblivion is my favorite game of all time so i would have to go with that
RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 RaseshX
kEEP POSTING!
omnifury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90 omnifury
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts
Oblivion and Fable both are pretty equal in my eyes but Fable edges out Oblivion since Fable gives you more choices in what you can do.RenegadePatriot

i agree
HairyBeast87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#91 HairyBeast87
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
Oblivion is pretty sick. The production is just outstanding. Fable is also a great game. I would take Oblivion over Fable though.
RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 RaseshX
Bump!
pswayze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 pswayze
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts
fable falters in comparison to fable
pswayze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 pswayze
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts
i mean in comparion to oblivion.haha
RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 RaseshX
i mean in comparion to oblivion.hahapswayze
You oblviously don't know what your talking about.
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#96 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
Fable was fun but was way too linear for my liking. Oblivion just sent you out into the world and let you do whatever you damn well pleased. The huge map, thousands of places to find, and hundreds upon hundreds of quests to complete, as well as all the armor and weapons, the smart level up system... Oblivion dominates Fable.

Only problem with Oblivion is level scaling enemies.

Morrowind beats them both, however. =)
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts

I like Oblivion over Fable (the original Fable).

As far as Fable 2 goes, it has it's work cut out. Oblivion is a very hard act to follow, but Fable 2 has potential. We'll all find out when it's released.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

Fable is smaller but unique, each new screen has unique things, monsters, art, secrets, each quest is unique and interestng, and you can influence the quest outcome

Oblivion is huge, but gets generic after a while, every quest is similar, every mosnter looks similar, every dungeon, all wilderness seems old etc

I would go for both, each has its own advantages IMO, but would always pick Fable 1 for the brilliant quest and world design, and vastly more spectacular spells

The combat is also vastly superior in Fable, far more addicitve and fun

nj123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 nj123
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts

Oblivion is very lifeless, there maybe alot 2 do in it but its very boring, everyone sounds the same and say the samething and the quests are all the same(not saying fable's are all different). while fable is a very fun game, the game never gets boring,better combat and magic. Oblivion is still a good game but fable is better

CrazyFox_444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 CrazyFox_444
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts

im a oblivion freak ive done the main quest 4 times one of my characters ive done all the side-quests in the whole game i gotten 5 characters level 20+ but when i think back when i played Fable outclass Oblivion Fable got a spirit of its own!