Driving Drunk (GTA IV)

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 MrYates808
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
Now we know Rockstar is not shy of cotroversy and gave us the GREAT series of GTA, but tell me if you think they went a little far with this Mission in GTAIV. You have to drive from a bar to your house DRUNK, the camera shakes and makes things hard driving wise. Come on do we really need a DRUNK DRIVING mission? Thats going alittle too far
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
its not really a mission...plus u have made the weirdest topics lately. but nahh they havent gone too far.
mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts
umm, whats worse, driving drunk or killing thousands of people?
I think driving drunk is a step down.
CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
How is drunk driving worse than gunning innocent people down? It's actually quite mild compared to everything else in the game.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#5 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
You can already have sex with prostitutes then kill them and get your money back, who cares about drunk driving
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
it's only a game, it's not the mindless killing of innocent people that puts it over the edge but the drunk driving?
Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts

Im going to call 911 and fake an emergency so I can get a cop car to show up where I am, Im going to lure the cop out, and blast his head off. Im going to steal his police car, access the police database, find my target, go to his house, and then chase him down and kill him.

God forbid I drive drunk though.

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrYates808
Trust me I know the games, all I am saying is that RockStar just never stops. Killing innocent people is fun, but is driving drunk? We are more likely to drive drunk rather then kill thousands of people!
musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
It's not a mission, you can get wasted any time you want. Also, would you rather people drive drunk in a video game or in real life?
Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts

Trust me I know the games, all I am saying is that RockStar just never stops. Killing innocent people is fun, but is driving drunk? We are more likely to drive drunk rather then kill thousands of people! MrYates808

Im sure the people that drink and drive after driving drunk in GTA 4 are the people that already drive drunk even before playing GTA 4.

ricketyrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ricketyrack
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts
sounds a bit of fun.
TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
Saint's Row did something like this, you could drink some alcohol and the camera gets all out of focus and the screen kinda moves. It was pretty cool.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Trust me I know the games, all I am saying is that RockStar just never stops. Killing innocent people is fun, but is driving drunk? We are more likely to drive drunk rather then kill thousands of people! MrYates808

Uh for one thing you have to be alittle slow to do things you see in video games. Who plays condemned and says i'm gonna go grab a 2by4 and fight me some druggies! It's a game if people do what they see in video games we'd see a ton of fat plumbers jumping on animals and turtles. I doubt anyone's gonna say"dude i just drank and drove in GTA4 it was so sweet lets drink and drive then we'll go to ammunation and get a 12 gauge".

wmw7445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wmw7445
Member since 2008 • 521 Posts
Pfft the drunk driving mechanic has been around in GTA since Vice City. All you had to do was get hammered, then play some vice city.
elitedead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 elitedead
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

Saint's Row did something like this, you could drink some alcohol and the camera gets all out of focus and the screen kinda moves. It was pretty cool.TM1

Yeah worked pretty well aswell.

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrYates808
You have all taken me out of context, all I am saying is Driving Drunk mission sounds BORING and it is just something to stir up controversy on Rock stars part. Why do we want a drunk driving MISSION, give me a break...
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
...it's just a game
MrQuaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrQuaker
Member since 2005 • 457 Posts

You have all taken me out of context, all I am saying is Driving Drunk mission sounds BORING and it is just something to stir up controversy on Rock stars part. Why do we want a drunk driving MISSION, give me a break...MrYates808

Ehm, there was a mission like this in Vice City and you can smoke 2 kind of joints, a bong or a pipe and then drink whiskey and drive in Saint's Row. So it's nothing new and if it makes the game harder, maybe it shows that driving drunk is risky and accident or hitting people is more probable if you drink. I don't think they got too far

masterchief375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 masterchief375
Member since 2004 • 1400 Posts
Drink driving in GTAIV!! SWEET. lol this gives jack Thompson another reason to hate video games haha what a loser.
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrYates808

[QUOTE="MrYates808"]You have all taken me out of context, all I am saying is Driving Drunk mission sounds BORING and it is just something to stir up controversy on Rock stars part. Why do we want a drunk driving MISSION, give me a break...MrQuaker

Ehm, there was a mission like this in Vice City and you can smoke 2 kind of joints, a bong or a pipe and then drink whiskey and drive in Saint's Row. So it's nothing new and if it makes the game harder, maybe it shows that driving drunk is risky and accident or hitting people is more probable if you drink. I don't think they got too far

Interesting point of view, but I am not saying THAT ITS A BAD INFLUENCE, I am saying that they try hard to be "LEFT" that they come up with some cornball ideas when the basics of GTA make it great. And know I am not the guy who smoked the joints or paid prostitutes,only if it benefited my health, not for giggles, I have 2 boys of my own!!!
Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts

You have all taken me out of context, all I am saying is Driving Drunk mission sounds BORING and it is just something to stir up controversy on Rock stars part. Why do we want a drunk driving MISSION, give me a break...MrYates808

well maybe because its better to drunk drive in a video game than in real life...just a thought...and it will show ppl that driving drunk is really hard and dangerous, so they wouldnt even try it in real life

and remember..its a video game...but i cant wait to try that mission..im gonna get drunk and then play it...that would be amazing haha

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
It's a game; not reality.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#25 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

You really are making so kinda strange topics lately, but this one is actually kinda interesting.

I think that Rock Star is actually doing something good with this. People will realize if it's that hard to drive drunk it a game, it is insanely difficult in real life (NOT speaking from experience or anything. I'm only 16).

skyyliine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 skyyliine
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Then don't drink when you're playing the game. Problem solved.
nitroracer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nitroracer82
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts

sounds a bit of fun.ricketyrack

Indeed. I have to admit I've driven quite a few times when I really shouldn't have but even with cops tailing I still drive fine.

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrYates808
bumb
steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
wow i cant wait to crash into innocent vehicles! god i love GTA! the ultimate simulation
elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
They're already done it before, so I don't see the problem.
Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts
Hell, I think it'll be a lot of fun. I'll never do it in real life, but it will be fun in a vid. game
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
Killing/raping children would be too far.
steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
Killing/raping children would be too far.cool_baller
who mentioned that? lol
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

cool i gues, hopefully they put that drug collect thing where u can slow time animation kill peole. the people talk alllll sssloooowww. gta 3 only had it maybe vice city but san andreas didn't have it which iw as mad aobut.

don't drink and drive it kills people!!

poopiVONpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 poopiVONpoo
Member since 2008 • 354 Posts

I don't really have any problems with violence in video games. It depends how the game portaits the violence, drug abuse or whatnot. In the case of GTA it s a 'real world' simulation, so to every action you take ( e.g jacking a car ) there will be consequence ( police). So in a game like this i have no problem with violence or abuse because they came with consequences even though those consequenses are evadeable, otherwise the game would suck, just like real life would suck if you stole a car, or drove drunk and the cops caught you. Because in real life you may get away with evading the law a once or twice or even a few times but sooner or later the pigs will come knocking on your door, no doubt about that

Apart from that the best thing about living in this day and age is the fredom we enjoy, the freedom to create, to learn, to change, to live in global community and to influence our future

We have the freedom to go jacking cars, shoot people and drive drunk in virtual worlds

but with the freedom to do this also comes resposibilty, the responsibilty to know where the borders are, to know that you are doing something morally wrong, but its not real, so you haven't done any harm, but if you loose track of these borders your life will end with great pain menatally and physical

these are are just some challanges we are faced with in these ages

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#36 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
its not really a mission...plus u have made the weirdest topics lately. but nahh they havent gone too far.pygmahia5
True :P
phat_frank43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 phat_frank43
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts
wat about san andreas? u burn down the big weed crop n drive around stoned off ur head? lol
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
It's just a game.
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
It sounds like a fun mission (side-mission?)
Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 Ignite2k3
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
actually, if u look at it differently, it tells us not to do that in real life cus u prolly get wrecked in the game.
Tyrone77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 Tyrone77
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts

Well if my experiences of driving drunk are anything to go by, it should be Fun.

(joke joke joke)

livinnturkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 livinnturkey
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts
I think the TC is pointing out that, its easier (in real life) to drive drunk than it is to violently kill innocent people, cause yes, a video game can somewhat encourage violence and killing, but as humans with reason, we have the control NOT to kill innocent humans. however... driving drunk is common and easy mistake to do. many people do it anyways, and to play it in a video game will kind of give the human mind an acceptance to it. "the driver did it in the game and he's fine" "I can drive drunk in the video game just fine and not get hurt"... its just the difference between driving drunk and murder... not many would murder, but many would drive drunk and just playing a video game about it is more deadly than killing people..
lenny_ohpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 lenny_ohpop
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
i understand where this guys coming from definatlly....alot of kids will be influenced into drinkdriving but still if they havent been influenced so far to steal a car and run people down then im not sure that'll effect them to much
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Well, it goes along the same lines of just because you see/do it in a movie/TV/game, doesn't mean you do it in real life. You have to be smarter than that (hopefully brought up right).

But I can see it now, some teenage kids get drunk, and one of them remembers when playing GTA 4 that one drunk driving mission and thought it would be fun to do it for REAL! :? End up killing/hurting others, and try to blame it on the game. I hope it never happens, but these days, you never know what can happen.

And for the record, anyone that drinks while driving, needs to be LOCKED up!

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrYates808

Well, it goes along the same lines of just because you see/do it in a movie/TV/game, doesn't mean you do it in real life. You have to be smarter than that (hopefully brought up right).

But I can see it now, some teenage kids get drunk, and one of them remembers when playing GTA 4 that one drunk driving mission and thought it would be fun to do it for REAL! :? End up killing/hurting others, and try to blame it on the game. I hope it never happens, but these days, you never know what can happen.

And for the record, anyone that drinks while driving, needs to be LOCKED up!

GPAddict
Agreed, I did not start this thread trying to say its a bad influence, we all know GTA 4 is a bad influence for the WEAK minded. I just thought a drunk driving mission was SILLY and just something added to cause controversy. It really can't be that fun to play, right?
PowerOfSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 PowerOfSoul
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
It's not nearly as bad as most of the other stuff that happens in that game.
Avatar image for deactivated-586291ff5899b
deactivated-586291ff5899b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 deactivated-586291ff5899b
Member since 2008 • 1261 Posts
I hoping there is a school bus along the way - nothing spells fun without some good ol' carnage in a video game !!!!
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts
Thousands of people drive drunk every day, just a little step closer to reality
Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
deactivated-5d3f70a961d94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

its not really a mission...plus u have made the weirdest topics lately. but nahh they havent gone too far.pygmahia5

as well as i think its a step out from the norm