Do you trust gamespot xbox 360 reviews nowadays?

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts
I dont trust them at all. Everyone has an opinion but when you are a PROFESSIONAL, you should be able to put your personal preferences aside and give a game an objective review based on what the game has or lacks rather than letting your personal opinions about the developers, game genre's or which console you prefer get in the way.
eastwood3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 eastwood3
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
not after they gave too human a freaking 5.5 out of 10 which is ridiculous.
Dreamone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 Dreamone
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
I will not say its bad to listen to reviews but,they are only there to say what they think.The only really good review for you is your own and that's it.
eastwood3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 eastwood3
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
of course, but when you give one and only one main review like a 5.5 (which is ridiculous), it will damage and turn about everyone off the game.
Dreamone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 Dreamone
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

Yea in this case Gs gave the only really low rating but they are just saying what they think.I don't think its right but there is one guy that writes the review and its his and ofc he has to talk to the other ones at GS probably but it still ends with his opinion about the game it can damage the games rep and it can glorify it.Hopefully they realized that they might have given the game a low score way lower then others,but hey as long as ppl can prove it wrong and still like the game and write good stuff about it other ppl will try it to =) I have the same dilemma to atm with sw the force unleashed it got 53% or something by a magazine and another one gave it 7/10 but im gonna try it anyway hopefully I like it and if I dont it will still have some value when I trade in my xbox for a new console in the future :P

Hope there wont be any hard feelings that's just what I think =)

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#106 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts
I never trust anyones reviews enough, I try to find the demo first before I buy the game... usually that helps