Do you Love your Gamer Score?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Daishomei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Daishomei
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Do you like earning Gamer Score. I like it becuase it show you work hard on your games... So i simply fell in love with earning gamer score.:D

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
i have 19835 and i don't love it because it does not make me any better than anyone else all it says is i play games very often
dth_dlr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dth_dlr
Member since 2006 • 7517 Posts
i only like certain achievements that took a while to obtain, i.e. mile high club on COD4
Daishomei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Daishomei
I agree it doesnt make you better than any one else but I just like seeing it lol... I don't judge people on how good they play through that.
foxNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 foxNZ
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts

I'm new to the XBOX Live community, so my Gamerscore is quite low as of this moment :(

But yeah, I love the idea of having it there. It's a very nice touch on Microsofts behalf :)

manhore30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 manhore30
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
i got over 20000 i wish it was lower its boring.....
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

i have 19835 and i don't love it because it does not make me any better than anyone else all it says is i play games very oftenTX360

Exactly - I had a boring summer - and I jumped from 10K to 23K - thank god for an unlimited monthly rental pass to blockbuster :D

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I love the achievements, but i don't care about gamerscore. I think they should keep the achievements exactly as they are, but do away with any type of "score" thats attached to it.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I think it's alright, it's a cool feature that keeps track of what you've done in your games but nothing more than that.
JohnnyDrama8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JohnnyDrama8
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts
I liked it a lot when I first got it and one time my gamerscore was the same number my Pin on My MAC card by coincidence I thought that was interesting.
Avatar image for SOLID_SNAKE_LEO
SOLID_SNAKE_LEO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SOLID_SNAKE_LEO
Member since 2003 • 1271 Posts
It's cool to me as long as I don't go out of my way to earn it by playing crappy games.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TX360

I also only buy games i think look good some people buy games for achievements i buy games i want.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TX360

I love the achievements, but i don't care about gamerscore. I think they should keep the achievements exactly as they are, but do away with any type of "score" thats attached to it.DZBricktop

62.604GS and you don't care about points?

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TX360

[QUOTE="TX360"]i have 19835 and i don't love it because it does not make me any better than anyone else all it says is i play games very oftenCwagmire21

Thats one hell of a big jump lol

Exactly - I had a boring summer - and I jumped from 10K to 23K - thank god for an unlimited monthly rental pass to blockbuster :D

Fogotmypantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fogotmypantz
Member since 2005 • 821 Posts
I love getting achievements. But i think they should make the points worth something. Dont even have to give me anything free, how about use them towards ingame unlocks. Kind of like if you get OXM magazine you can use the points you earn for doing things to unlock gamer pics etc. Just and idea that I think woould be neat.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DZBricktop

[QUOTE="DZBricktop"]I love the achievements, but i don't care about gamerscore. I think they should keep the achievements exactly as they are, but do away with any type of "score" thats attached to it.TX360

Exactly. What does my gamerscore say about me? Nothing. When i go to compare achievements with friends, i never look at anyones gamerscore. I look at individual achievements. I don't look to see if someone has 600, 700, 800 points in CoD4. I look to see if they have the "Mile High" achievement. Do the points for that achievement make it any better? No. Everyone knows how hard that achievement is to get. If you got it, THATS the accomplishment. Not that you got 20 points for it. Its the same with Rockband or Guitar Hero. I never look to see if they have 500, 600 points in the game. I look to see if they beat it on Hard, or Expert. Its the individual achievements that are cool to look at and compare. The points mean nothing.

Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I love mine so much i named it Betty and plan to marry her. :oops:
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I didn't think I would care as much as I do. I look at the games I played and if my gamerscore on a per-game basis is really low I think I must be missing something and try to play the game more. I also find myself not paying $30 for the orange box because I don't want all the achievements from HL2 and TF2 to keep looking me in the face saying 'you haven't got me yet...' despite my desire to play portal. The only game I haven't cared about achievements much in is GH3. Those achievements were just lame. (play on hard / expert with a normal controller; play a million songs online and win in a mode that sucks) All the other games though keep looking at me saying I need to go back and play that more... I agree with DZBricktop. I don't ever look at cummulative GS on a user by user basis. But I will look at the individual achievements on a per-game basis...
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts

It's cool to me as long as I don't go out of my way to earn it by playing crappy games.SOLID_SNAKE_LEO

I feel the same way, but if I'm in a challenge then bargain bin, sub-par games are definitely good contenders.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I like my Gamerscore. I'm finally in the "decent" bracket.

Czenkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Czenkus
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts
I love my gamerscore :D I'm sorta stuck earning between two gamertags though haha, my downstairs tag has like 11k upstairs has 10kish, always enjoyed the Achievement unlocked pop up and sound :d
R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
gamerscore is amazing. main reason ppl buy multiformat games on 360.
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts

I'd be lying if i didn't say i really enjoyed it lol but it isn't something i have to do

antonioGamer87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 antonioGamer87
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts
i enjoy my gamerscore.....at least we have something to look at for all the time we spend on getting,
antonioGamer87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 antonioGamer87
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts
i enjoy my gamerscore.....at least we have something to look at for all the time we spend on getting,
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
I cant even remember what my gamerscore was.
Brewhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Brewhawk
Member since 2002 • 523 Posts
I love it also. I own a Ps3 and a Xbox 360 and I will always buy multiplatform games for the 360 because of the gamerscore.
Coded12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Coded12
Member since 2007 • 323 Posts

I really like gamerscore because it is something can be competitive between gamers and is it quite addictive making you work hard for ervery possible achievement.

However i do agree with the people who think that your score should be worth something such as marketplace discounts or extra ingame features once you reach a certain score on that game.

AssaultKing94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AssaultKing94
I like Gamerscore too. But mines pretty low compared to all yours lol. Just to confirm what is actually classed as decent in your eyes?
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
I like it.. buy all the multiplat games on 360 for it.
Czenkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Czenkus
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts
I like Gamerscore too. But mines pretty low compared to all yours lol. Just to confirm what is actually classed as decent in your eyes?AssaultKing94
Your score is your own, no judgement needed, just a fun rpg like element added to your gaming exp. Decent is what you want it to be ^.^ like mine isnt nearly as high as it would if I played for gamerscore, I simply play and get what i get when doing so.. I dont go out of my way to get points like allot do though.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#33 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
I love the Achievement & Gamer Score system. It has added extra replay to every game I've played & also it opened me up to other games to which in the past I would have passed on, but now I will try these games in hope that maybe I can earn some points through them. This incentive to play games I thought didn't look very good, has payed off several times as I've really loved some of those games. For example Dark Sector, I thought it looked OK but really wasn't interested in playing it. I decided to go ahead and pick it up when I heard you could unlock a little over 700 points just playing the campaign. Without the Achievement system I might have never played Dark Sector, but with it I did so & really really enjoyed it.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shawn7324

[QUOTE="AssaultKing94"]I like Gamerscore too. But mines pretty low compared to all yours lol. Just to confirm what is actually classed as decent in your eyes?Czenkus
Your score is your own, no judgement needed, just a fun rpg like element added to your gaming exp. Decent is what you want it to be ^.^ like mine isnt nearly as high as it would if I played for gamerscore, I simply play and get what i get when doing so.. I dont go out of my way to get points like allot do though.

Yeah some really take it to the extreme, but I'm not that way. I won't play a game that I don't like just for the achievements. I gotta at least be enjoying myself a little for me to play through a game, no matter if the game has easy ones to get or not.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
if the achievement is fun to get then i will get it because its fun, if it aint fun then i aint getting it, homes
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
Earning points helps me play and finish some of the uh, worse games.
Mwright68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mwright68
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts
[QUOTE="TX360"]

[QUOTE="DZBricktop"]I love the achievements, but i don't care about gamerscore. I think they should keep the achievements exactly as they are, but do away with any type of "score" thats attached to it.DZBricktop

Exactly. What does my gamerscore say about me? Nothing. When i go to compare achievements with friends, i never look at anyones gamerscore. I look at individual achievements. I don't look to see if someone has 600, 700, 800 points in CoD4. I look to see if they have the "Mile High" achievement. Do the points for that achievement make it any better? No. Everyone knows how hard that achievement is to get. If you got it, THATS the accomplishment. Not that you got 20 points for it. Its the same with Rockband or Guitar Hero. I never look to see if they have 500, 600 points in the game. I look to see if they beat it on Hard, or Expert. Its the individual achievements that are cool to look at and compare. The points mean nothing.

woah woah someones a little defensive about theyre 62k gamerscore......cough cough go outside cough cough....lol just playin

spue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 spue
Member since 2006 • 473 Posts

i like it but i dont just play games for gamerscore

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shawn7324
[QUOTE="DZBricktop"][QUOTE="TX360"]

[QUOTE="DZBricktop"]I love the achievements, but i don't care about gamerscore. I think they should keep the achievements exactly as they are, but do away with any type of "score" thats attached to it.Mwright68

woah woah someones a little defensive about theyre 62k gamerscore......cough cough go outside cough cough....lol just playin

Did you think that maybe he has a bad knee that needs to be operated on, but can't afford to do so & has a hard time just walking around so is basically stuck indoors and gaming is the only thing he likes to do that doesn't cause him extreme pain???

edwillis3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 edwillis3
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

It definitely adds a little more to the game. I am a big PC gamer. With the XBOX achievements, I want to play the game on the XBOX again to get the achievements.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
meh, i like them. i whish my gamerscore was higher though i'm like 4,400 kind of iwh sh i wasaround 10,000 that is nice to see. some people rate u on having a high gamerscore means ur good at games. which is false.
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
Not really because everyone that looks at my Gamerscore thinks I'm a nerd. I'm really not, I just have had the console for a while and I like to "complete" my games to the fullest potential. EDIT: I have 22,875 Gamerscore or something like that.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DZBricktop
[QUOTE="DZBricktop"][QUOTE="TX360"]

[QUOTE="DZBricktop"]I love the achievements, but i don't care about gamerscore. I think they should keep the achievements exactly as they are, but do away with any type of "score" thats attached to it.Mwright68

lol. funny. Its actually the gamerscore itself that i dont like. Your comment is one of the reasons why. Nobody assumes that me, my brother, my girlfriend, and both my kids share the same gamertag so we all contribute to the overall score? All i hear is, "go outside." or "get a life.". Or maybe i work at home and can spend alot more time playing games than people who work away from home all day? Maybe i'm retired and have 10 times the amount of free time other gamers do?

Then there's the fact that theres at least 5 guys on my friends list that i don't play games with anymore because they spend all their time boosting to raise their score. I've met these guys and been playing games online with them since the Dreamcast. Been on the PS2, PC and XBox. But now, none of them want to play the game and have fun. They want to setup online rooms to help each other boost gamerscore. Who want's to play a racing game where everyone lets one guy win 10 times in a row for the achievement, then another guy gets to do it? It's incredibly boring.

The achievements are great. I love 'em. But the points attached to them are meaningless. Its the achievement itself that's impressive. Take 2 guys. Ones got 1000 points, the others got 20. Is the guy with a 1000 points a better gamer? Are you more impressed with him? Or does it matter that the guy with 20 points has the Mile High Club achievement and the other guy got 1000 from Avatar?

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I don't care about mine. I'm only at 2025. I like getting achievements, but I don't try to get them. Prior to this gen, I always replayed games in weird ways (like maybe pistols only or playing a star wars game and only using the saber) or did the treasure hunts. Its fun for me. If I get achievements for it nowadays, thats cool. But, i'm not going to do some crap I don't feel like doing in a game I don't feel like playing just to get some numbers added to a number.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
no. I hit 10k gamerscore last night, and I was kinda annoyed really. I now look like a loser, at least according to my profile. So my answer is no, I don't really care about gamerscore. Getting mile high club and beating cod2 on veteran are the only things I'm "proud" of gamerscore-wise.
mdmilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mdmilius
Member since 2004 • 132 Posts

I enoy gaming and gamerscore just adds another element to the games. Sometimes it is fun to look back on what you have done.

Accepting all friend requests

b3njaqu3s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 b3njaqu3s
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

Gosh, I didn't realize how many achievement wh0r3s there are in this world.

My goal is ten thousand. I'm about 800 away, and all of the ones I earned are legit. Mile high!!!

trw534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 trw534
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
i like to get gamerscore also
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
i have 5200 i want more
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Do you Love your Gamer Score?

Daishomei

well we like to keep things at a friendly level....