Crackdown, Dead Rising, or Lost Planet?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
I'm not sure which game to get... I'll be getting Condemned on Monday, and then I'm thinking of getting one of the three. I love beat/shoot em ups like Crackdown, Zombie Slayers like Dead Rising, and weird shooters like Lost Planet, so I'm pretty much stuck on what to get.

To narrow it down even further, it would be between Dead Rising or Crackdown.... I just dont know what to get :(

So what do you peeps think?

slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 slipslayer_666
Member since 2005 • 2360 Posts
Go with dead rising, Crackdown gets boaring really quickly, and Lost Planet is dry on story and basically throws you in a level and says "shoot everything you see". Atleast with Dead Rising therse a pretty good story, and enough achievements and unlockables to make you want to go back for more.
firemarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 firemarX
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Tough choice but I'll say Crackdown.
incendiumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 incendiumx
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts
Go with dead rising, Crackdown gets boaring really quickly, and Lost Planet is dry on story and basically throws you in a level and says "shoot everything you see". Atleast with Dead Rising therse a pretty good story, and enough achievements and unlockables to make you want to go back for more.slipslayer_666
Wow... EMilio FTL... GO with crackdown. Dead Rising got old like 15 minutes into the game...
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
if you have a large tv, surround system (or in other words, a nice gaming setup) i say go with crackdown. it is so satisfying to tear that town up and the sounds effects are extremely impressive, its a very fun experience. you couldnt miss either way in my opinion really tho, dead rising and crackdown are both sweet.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
dead risiing for sure. this game you can not pass up
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts
In Dead Rising you can kill zombies with a lawnmower. A LAWNMOWER!
slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 slipslayer_666

[QUOTE="slipslayer_666"]Go with dead rising, Crackdown gets boaring really quickly, and Lost Planet is dry on story and basically throws you in a level and says "shoot everything you see". Atleast with Dead Rising therse a pretty good story, and enough achievements and unlockables to make you want to go back for more.incendiumx
Wow... EMilio FTL... GO with crackdown. Dead Rising got old like 15 minutes into the game...

...are you serious, How did it happen to get "old"? Cause 15 minutes into the game your begining your first mission getting to explore the open parts of the mall, not to mention get to destroy any zombies in your way. Plus your rescuing survivors, completing scoop missions, and unravel a whole mistery.

The first 15 minutes of Crackdown are as fallows:
Start at agency, pick car, drive out to street, Shoot Gang Member, Find Orange Safe house, Go after General, Shoot at General, Kill General. Repeat. Sure the super powers are ok but untill you get upwards of level 3 your agility isn't that great. Plus theres really nothing pushing you to kill any of the general, theres no story or any character development to speak of to make you want to even kill the bad guys.

minime78362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 minime78362
Member since 2003 • 292 Posts
Dead Rising For Sure. Crackdown Gets old in a week. Lost planet...Just don't go there....
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EmilioDigsIt
:O you guys are killing me!!

Dead Rising or Crackdown.... the world will never know :(
Sevenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sevenus
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts
Get Dead Rising my jungle loving friend you will not be unsatisfied.... As a matter of fact you will be amazed by the superb story line and the replayabilty value. There are tons and tons of things that are practically impossible to do in just 1 run through of the game. You chose what you do and kinda when you want to do it. A massive totally interactive enviroment, Weapons range from Baseball bats, to golf clubs, Then from a piece of 2" 4" to a fully functional lawnmower. There are tons of weapons. Alot of guns as well but i find it more satisfying just throwing a few bowling balls or grabbing a hegde shears and chopping a zombie in half. The golf club is very satisfying. The game is very very funny, alot of black humor and in your face humor lies within this game. It's not just your basic zombie horror. It's pretty much Shawn of the Dead BUT with Dawn of the Dead violence and gore. I have never actually laughed and enjoyed killing people within games but this game brings the fun rolling in. What a game Capcom never cease to amaze me. So many ways to kill a zombie. They must have been reviewing killing methods for a long time "sick bastards"
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whoisryanmack

EmilioDigsIt
they're just both so much about pointless destruction. its at what level that the difference lies. crackdown is about blowing up piles of cars and emptying thousands of clips in all kinda suckas. stuffs blowin up everywhere and its madness. on the other hand, dead rising is madness on a smaller scale. you spend alot more time with each individual kill and there are many more options in how to do so. its also much much more humorous. just depends on what kind of destruction yer after, mass murder, or terrorism?
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EmilioDigsIt
[QUOTE="EmilioDigsIt"]:O you guys are killing me!!

whoisryanmack
they're just both so much about pointless destruction. its at what level that the difference lies. crackdown is about blowing up piles of cars and emptying thousands of clips in all kinda suckas. stuffs blowin up everywhere and its madness. on the other hand, dead rising is madness on a smaller scale. you spend alot more time with each individual kill and there are many more options in how to do so. its also much much more humorous. just depends on what kind of destruction yer after, mass murder, or terrorism?

Exactly!! I hunger for destruction, but I dont know what will please me the most :cry:

Does crackdown have offline co-op?
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 whoisryanmack
[QUOTE="whoisryanmack"][QUOTE="EmilioDigsIt"]:O you guys are killing me!!

EmilioDigsIt

Exactly!! I hunger for destruction, but I dont know what will please me the most :cry:

you know, i havent ever tried. just on-line co-op, no neighbors that are gamers really.
Infernoply

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Infernoply
Member since 2006 • 3012 Posts
crackdown
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
Lost planet
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I'm not sure which game to get... I'll be getting Condemned on Monday, and then I'm thinking of getting one of the three. I love beat/shoot em ups like Crackdown, Zombie Slayers like Dead Rising, and weird shooters like Lost Planet, so I'm pretty much stuck on what to get.

To narrow it down even further, it would be between Dead Rising or Crackdown.... I just dont know what to get :(

So what do you peeps think?

EmilioDigsIt

Crackdown is a waste of money... Dead Rising is really good and Lost Planet... I didn't like LP's demo so I didn't buy it. Couldn't say.

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Crackdown
ineedanewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ineedanewname
Member since 2004 • 1300 Posts
[QUOTE="whoisryanmack"][QUOTE="EmilioDigsIt"]:O you guys are killing me!!

EmilioDigsIt

no
MadTomBonney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MadTomBonney
Member since 2005 • 2690 Posts
I own dead rising and have played the crackdown demo but if I was going to choose which to buy now I would buy crackdown as I love gta, saints row type games. I also havent enjoyed the retail game as much as i did the demo for dead rising but then I did buy it with gears of war so maybe it was over shadowed by that.
kyle-244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 kyle-244
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts
crackdown, although I have not played dead rising b4
Illidan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Illidan311
Member since 2003 • 500 Posts
i'de say lost planet if you have Live. the single player is really good/fun and the multiplayer is also very solid.

crackdown i loved it but i rented, not worth 60$

dead rising was the worst 3.50$ rent i ever payed and i'm sorry i ever thought it would be fun. that's just my opinion
Piccolo-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Piccolo-san
Member since 2006 • 846 Posts
Dead rising, it's just a really great game. If you've ever liked a cliche zombie b-movie, you'll think it's great.
Well, they all have demos on marketplace, so maybe you're best off downloading each and seeing which you prefer. For me it's
Dead rising > Lost planet > Crackdown.
Avatar image for AllSystemsRocks
AllSystemsRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AllSystemsRocks
Member since 2005 • 1079 Posts
Lost Planet
Tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tactis
Member since 2006 • 1568 Posts
crackdown
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
crackdown if you can find a halo 3 beta one and dead rising if you cant
cokpolian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cokpolian
Member since 2005 • 593 Posts

[QUOTE="incendiumx"][QUOTE="slipslayer_666"]Go with dead rising, Crackdown gets boaring really quickly, and Lost Planet is dry on story and basically throws you in a level and says "shoot everything you see". Atleast with Dead Rising therse a pretty good story, and enough achievements and unlockables to make you want to go back for more.slipslayer_666

...are you serious, How did it happen to get "old"? Cause 15 minutes into the game your begining your first mission getting to explore the open parts of the mall, not to mention get to destroy any zombies in your way. Plus your rescuing survivors, completing scoop missions, and unravel a whole mistery.

Start at agency, pick car, drive out to street, Shoot Gang Member, Find Orange Safe house, Go after General, Shoot at General, Kill General. Repeat. Sure the super powers are ok but untill you get upwards of level 3 your agility isn't that great. Plus theres really nothing pushing you to kill any of the general, theres no story or any character development to speak of to make you want to even kill the bad guys.

thats better then killing zombies with the 1-2 animations u get with your weapons for 10 hours and seeing the same boring animation over and over.
Snake_Cro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Snake_Cro
Member since 2003 • 325 Posts
dead rising u get bored real fast trust me on this. its fun for first few hours but then doing killin zombies over and over again u get what i mean. Best Part about lost planet is mutliplayer so much fun. And Crackdown is best playin it on Coop  so much suff to do great game. Over all i'd get crackdown couse u wont regret it.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#29 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

go with Dead Rising

Polaris_x1A4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Polaris_x1A4
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
Dead Rising. I've played all 3 games, and I think Dead Rising is a ton more fun than the other two.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
If you want to justify the $60 with the Halo 3 beta, then go for crackdown. Or get one ofthe other ones.
DWNSHFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 DWNSHFT
Member since 2004 • 4735 Posts
id go with dead rising or lost planet over crackdown
Mosquite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mosquite
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
Lost Planet. You get bored in Dead Rising and I don't like Crackdown's controlling.
nobodyshero87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nobodyshero87
Member since 2006 • 22210 Posts
I would say get Dead Rising.
Monkey-Man1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 Monkey-Man1234
Member since 2006 • 469 Posts
I don't have any of those games, but I would choose Dead Rising.
TheGreenToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheGreenToad
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts

I have never played Lost Planet so I can't speak for it. I find that both Crackdown and Dead Rising are very hit and miss games. You either love them, or hate them. I played Crackdown a lot at my friends house. He said he beat it in about 3 days. Sure it can be fun to just run around the city and goof off but how long can that last? Dead Rising takes about a week to beat the main game but some of the achievments are really fun and challenging to get. The Saint achievment is one of my favorite to get. After you get all of the achievments you have the same problem with Crackdown, how long can the game last? With Dead Rising it takes much longer to run out of goals to do. I would say go with Dead Rising if you are picking between the two. I have only played the Lost Planet demo so I can't say much but it seems like a very average shooter. Nothing wrong with that but it is nothing revolutionary.

Buy Dead Rising

g-rash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 g-rash
Member since 2003 • 3128 Posts
There are no other games like Dead Rising (until maybe DR2), while there are many games that are better than LP and Crackdown in their respective genres. Go with DR even if you hate it, which you probably won't, it's something new which is nice with all the shooters polluting the market nowdays.
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
well...i have all three...and i will be trading in crackdown and dead rising soon. so i'm keeping LP cuz its a lot of fun and i amlooking forward to more new maps
Sislack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sislack
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts

EmilioDigsIt
just get gears of war, then dead rising
Sevenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sevenus
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts
Get Dead Rising your life will not be the same without it
tumulisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tumulisy
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
Go with dead rising, Crackdown gets boaring really quickly, and Lost Planet is dry on story and basically throws you in a level and says "shoot everything you see". Atleast with Dead Rising therse a pretty good story, and enough achievements and unlockables to make you want to go back for more.slipslayer_666
yep
Reaper_182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Reaper_182
Member since 2004 • 47 Posts
i would get Dead Rising lots of fun
Wallace_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 Wallace_Green
Member since 2006 • 1778 Posts
I'd say crack down b/c of the Halo 3 beta. and Dead rising second.
aresdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 aresdude
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts
dead rising
Coldplay07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Coldplay07
Member since 2002 • 4513 Posts
Dead Rising is the best choice. Crackdown is also good and very fun but Dead Rising is much better IMO. Lost Planet is also a good game but I think it's not quite as good as Crackdown and not close to Dead Rising.
blayser2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blayser2007
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
DR is great and funny, get that.
brettbags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 brettbags
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
get crackdown, one of the best games imo, dead rising is SOOOO repetitive its not even funny, crackdown is fun and achievements come pretty easy just takes some time
Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts
I enjoy all three of the games you listed but I would purchase them in this order: Lost Planet, Crackdown, and then Dead Rising. Lost Planet is a decently long action game with good multiplayer. Crackdown is as long as you want it to be and can be as fun as you decide to make it. Dead Rising is a blast but it is also short, though there are some incentives to replay the game.
slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 slipslayer_666
[QUOTE="slipslayer_666"]

[QUOTE="incendiumx"][QUOTE="slipslayer_666"]Go with dead rising, Crackdown gets boaring really quickly, and Lost Planet is dry on story and basically throws you in a level and says "shoot everything you see". Atleast with Dead Rising therse a pretty good story, and enough achievements and unlockables to make you want to go back for more.cokpolian

thats better then killing zombies with the 1-2 animations u get with your weapons for 10 hours and seeing the same boring animation over and over.

And how many animations do you get with Crackdowns weapons? 1, him holding the gun to his shoulder, how many bare handed attacks does Crackdown have 2 the jump twist kick and then kicking him on the ground.
How many does Dead Rising have atleast ten, The face crusher, Jump Kick, BackFlip Kick, Disembowler, head rip, double lariet, the list goes on.
And as far as enemy annimations, atleast the zombies are solid and not flimsy creations of Rag Doll Physics.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#50 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i say dead rising.