CoD Modern warfare 2, NO CO-OP confirmed

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] but it falls under the COD franchise. Im sure the official full trailer will clear things up. Tjeremiah1988

lol no it doesnt

yes it does. This "Modern Warfare 2" does fall into the COD franchise.

haha no it doesnt! oops

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] lol no it doesnt

chaoscougar1

yes it does. This "Modern Warfare 2" does fall into the COD franchise.

haha no it doesnt! oops

because its not branded COD doesnt mean it doesnt fall under its franchise. Interesting news anyway.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#53 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
It's a direct sequel to Call of Duty 4. I fail to see how this means it's not in the Call of Duty series. At most it's a spin off series.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] yes it does. This "Modern Warfare 2" does fall into the COD franchise.Tjeremiah1988

haha no it doesnt! oops

because its not branded COD doesnt mean it doesnt fall under its franchise. Interesting news anyway.

but its not part of the franchise anymore, the franchise was CoD, no there is no CoD just modern warfare. so how could it still be a part of the CoD franchise?
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

haha no it doesnt! oops

chaoscougar1

but its not part of the franchise anymore, the franchise was CoD, no there is no CoD just modern warfare. so how could it still be a part of the CoD franchise?

eh, its part of the franchise. All they did was strip COD from the title which , imo, is stupid. But its basically a follow up from COD4. MW2 falls under the franchise of COD.

CloudRainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 CloudRainy
Member since 2008 • 194 Posts

Who cares ... SO ur gonna pass up on buying the NEXT GAME OF THE YEAR because it doesnt have co-op. ur a homo

Xxcaptaininsano

So, being homo is wrong now? Gays are human too who plays videogames like the rest of the people on this forum. Are homos lower than straight people? Thats just like saying blacks are lower than whites. Sigh, I thought this **** was a fad.

jeremy78940

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jeremy78940
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts
another annoying thing is dumb **** saying wanna play COD(apperently there talking about playing with a fish)6...idk why but i guess im ocd and thats bugs me...
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#58 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

WEAK. Why can't it have co-op? It isn't as if you're EVER ALONE in these freaking games. Why can't one person just be some guy on your squad? That and they said they're keeping the campaign brief again. CoD4 is not worth the money if you don't play online regularly and the same will go for MW2. It won't have the same impact as CoD4.

Look for another shooter to make a bigger splash this year (and no, I'm not talking about BioShock 2, that looks almost as weak as MW2).

spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

no co op kind of sucks but im still getting the game

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
People still commenting? COOP IS CONFIRMED. This thread is fail.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 chaoscougar1
People still commenting? COOP IS CONFIRMED. This thread is fail. shabab12
huh? little bit of irony there :P
BassKreator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BassKreator
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]I hate the fact Briggs got killed in COD4 :cry:DPhunkT
That's what happens when you send SAS for a Navy Seal job.

Briggs was a Navy Seal...

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

People just like to know that a feature is in a game. Even if they dont use it. I was pretty excited about co-op in WaW, but once Iplayed it, I realized that it wasn't really that fun running through the same levels against AI that simply follows patterns. I mean, its entertaining for a little bit, but after a couple levels, I was quite eager to get back into action with the REAL competitive multiplayer part of the game.

So I'm pretty happy about the decision to not do co-op, and also not to extend the single-player campaign. Now they can spend more time, effort and resources into the more important aspects of the game.

DreamSparkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DreamSparkz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

CO-OP is fun....but it doesnt make the game...IMO

I would have liked to see it in this game but it is no biggie that they left it out

perry933

It's this sort of mentality that makes it ok for developers to create games which have short first player campaigns and this one doesn't even have co-op which is pretty much expected from a shoot em up these days and focus on multiplayer, which IMO isn't worth £40.

DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
Briggs was a Navy Seal...BassKreator
I think he was a marine. Anyways, it was a loss.
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

[QUOTE="perry933"]

I would have liked to see it in this game but it is no biggie that they left it out

DreamSparkz

It's this sort of mentality that makes it ok for developers to create games which have short first player campaigns and this one doesn't even have co-op which is pretty much expected from a shoot em up these days and focus on multiplayer, which IMO isn't worth £40.

Well for most people it is, so its perfectly justifiable for the developers to go in this direction. People log hundreds of hours into the multiplayer part, but I doubt many people will ever get near a hundred hoursplaying single-player part.

And guys, really, if you aren't into the multiplayer in CoD games, then you need to get into it. Y'all have no idea what y'all are missing.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 shabab12

[QUOTE="perry933"]

DreamSparkz

seriously, there is coop
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="DreamSparkz"]

[QUOTE="perry933"]

shabab12

seriously, there is coop

did u not read the article on the very first page? or are u choosing to ignore it?
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="DPhunkT"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]I hate the fact Briggs got killed in COD4 :cry:BassKreator

That's what happens when you send SAS for a Navy Seal job.

ahahahaha thats embarassing quite a few people died in that game that i really didnt expect
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

[QUOTE="shabab12"][QUOTE="DreamSparkz"]

chaoscougar1

seriously, there is coop

did u not read the article on the very first page? or are u choosing to ignore it?

It has a special forces mode similar to the Mile High Club game at the end of COD4 that allows co-op on a veriety of missions. It's better this way anyway. Now enjoying the story wont be left up to anybody but the player.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="shabab12"] seriously, there is coopLeejjohno

It has a special forces mode similar to the Mile High Club game at the end of COD4 that allows co-op on a veriety of missions. It's better this way anyway. Now enjoying the story wont be left up to anybody but the player.

thats only a very small part of the game, not that helpful
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DPhunkT
[QUOTE="BassKreator"]

[QUOTE="DPhunkT"] That's what happens when you send SAS for a Navy Seal job. chaoscougar1

ahahahaha thats embarassing quite a few people died in that game that i really didnt expect

Griggs (not Briggs) was USMC. Staff Sargent Recon Force. Anyways, the only major loss was Captain Price. I'm going to miss him.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="BassKreator"]Briggs was a Navy Seal...

DPhunkT

Griggs (not Briggs) was USMC. Staff Sargent Recon Force. Anyways, the only major loss was Captain Price. I'm going to miss him.

thought that sounded funny, was there even a briggs in CoD 4?

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
No Co-op really ruins it for me.
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DPhunkT
[QUOTE="DPhunkT"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] ahahahaha thats embarassing quite a few people died in that game that i really didnt expectchaoscougar1

thought that sounded funny, was there even a briggs in CoD 4?

Yeah I couldn't remember myself it's been a while since I played COD4. I thought it was Briggs but apparently it's Griggs. http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Griggs
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 shabab12
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] did u not read the article on the very first page? or are u choosing to ignore it?chaoscougar1

Except IW said it would be a very big part of the game.......
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

shabab12

lol so a portion like mile high club is a big part of the game? if im not mistaken mile high club lasted a max of about 2 minutes (not counting endless restarts on veteran) and may i ask where IW made this statement?

VaIIeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 VaIIeyman
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts
No CO-OP thats pipe!!
wendt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#79 wendt360
Member since 2009 • 324 Posts

i hope to the lord that there is co-op

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Tjeremiah1988
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] did u not read the article on the very first page? or are u choosing to ignore it?chaoscougar1

but theres co-op...
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#81 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Want full story 2 player coop campaign!
boltzcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 boltzcom
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

Here is what really confuses me...

All of the people who are complaining probably thought COD4 MW was one of the best games they ever played (as I would say so myself). Now did that game have Co-op ability? I didn't think so. How do you know that this won't be the most engrossing single-player FPS to ever come out? Why do you need Co-op....to run through levels killing yourself because you're trying to get more points than the guy you're playing with?

So while you're complaining about there being no Co-op, I'll be sure to note that I'll be playing a pretty d*** good game in MW2---just as it was in COD MW.

superjoegoal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 superjoegoal
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts

Guys, Just remeber its no CO-OP, not no multiplayer...

it just means you cant play through story missions(campaign)with other people...

Avatar image for VIRGIN_ISLANDER
VIRGIN_ISLANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 VIRGIN_ISLANDER
Member since 2008 • 447 Posts

[QUOTE="Xxcaptaininsano"]

JUST buy the game and stop being so GA* CO-OP is dumb anyways.

vashkey

How is co-op dumb?

He just doesnt have any friends thats all.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 12003 Posts

A very strange choice for the programmers.

Maybe they will sell it as DLC.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 shabab12

[QUOTE="shabab12"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] thats only a very small part of the game, not that helpfulchaoscougar1

lol so a portion like mile high club is a big part of the game? if im not mistaken mile high club lasted a max of about 2 minutes (not counting endless restarts on veteran) and may i ask where IW made this statement?

Um im guessing you havent seen the Game Informer scans. LOL. Theres a WHOLE separate mode for co op. Like R2 it has several 'Special forces missions' where you work together for an objective. Its compared to the mile high club because its not 'part of the story mode'. Think before you flame someone.