Call of Camping 4

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Spinbrett
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts
On cod4...please stop camping on stairwells and just waiting till someone tries to walk up them. Thats one thing halo3 has on cod4...no camping...if you camp on cod4..the radar will pick you up. On cod4, you can camp the entire game with no penalties.
Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Spinbrett
i meant you cant camp on halo 3 unless you have a sniper and are far away from target..
GizmoSimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 GizmoSimo
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
if i get killed by a camper i always watch my kill cam to know where he got me and i get him back
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

No, its not the camping.

its the JOHN ELWAY FRAG GRENADES!!!!!!!!

People who freaking launch nades 500 yards across a map, and kill people. They lob them randomly, and they get kills, that makes me so mad.

deltaboarder18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deltaboarder18
Member since 2004 • 2527 Posts
UAV's work wonders on finding said campers. And there are usually 2 or so ways to get anywhere.
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts

Erm there is a kill cam for a reason. you have grenades for a reason. You have UAV for a reason (unless the guy is jamming). Its not even that hard to get rid of campers in this game. In halo 3 you can spawn camp in levels like narrows, isolation and valhalla etc etc. Dont say there is no such thing as no camping in halo 3. All i gotta do is crouch and Im invisible to the radar.

Also what in the red hell are these penalties you speak of? What if you sit in the same spot for more than 5 secs in halo, the forerunners come back from the dead and snap your neck? Come on dont try to praise halo 3 claiming there are penalties for camping.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
if i get killed by a camper i always watch my kill cam to know where he got me and i get him backGizmoSimo
exactly
contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
thats just how the game is meant to be played its cheap but everyone does it.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
camping is a valid tactic. find another way.. I like campers, gives me something to hunt n stalk.

If i get killed by a camper, I then make it my sole mission to kill said camper.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
its the kind of game. its like a tactile shooter.
johnny41252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 johnny41252
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts
If you were in a real war would you run around out in the open firing away or would you maybe try and find a good hiding place to shoot from???
TheRevanent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 TheRevanent
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts
I know I'll probably get flamed for this comparison but thats real world tactics for you my friend, I'm not gonna go running around shooting in the middle of a firefight I'm gonna sit back and wait for the enemy to come to me. Besides nobody can camp for very long in COD4, the kill-cam instantly gives away their position.
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ironre5
Member since 2008 • 1164 Posts
i love camping, i camp the entire game, and my K/D ratio is 2.23....
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
kill cams r cheap, I mainly play graw and its always switched off. UAV's arent allowed either. neither is night vision lol.
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
You play, and learn. You have to think like them or you die...SIMPLE really..
Oni_Ookami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Oni_Ookami
Member since 2005 • 2765 Posts

Maybe you should go back to playing a game you dont suck at...oh i dont know...try Halo 3.

NOTE: Yes im serious, if a bunch of campers continualy kill you with all the noobtastic tools your given in COD4 u fail at life and should to back to playing a game geared towards 12 year olds with ADD (hint Halo 3).

/rant

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#17 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i really cant see how some one really camps unless they niper watch kill cam come back cook a nade toss or a flash one done case sloved
steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
camping is a part of the game, if you cant handle it go play halo 3
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
I hide out in buildings, kill someone, then find a new spot because I know theyll be coming after me after seeing the killcam. Its called tactics :wink:
mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 mfacek
Member since 2006 • 3000 Posts
Camping really only happens in certain gametypes or scenarios. If it's sabotage, search and destroy, or headquarters, then there is camping because it's a reasonable strategy. Or if it's something like deathmatch and you are sniping upstairs, hear a claymore go off under you so you pop out your pistol and camp by the door. If anything it makes the game more realistic and campers really aren't that hard to deal with. They have killcams for a reason.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I can barely remember the killcam. Ive played nothing but Hardcore for so long.. And its been my experience that the only people who complain about campers, are the guys that run out in the open full speed with their run-n-gun attitude, then complain when someone hiding in the bushes shoots him. Think of it this way, campers know what youre going to do, and you know what campers are going to do. Whos gets the kill?
steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
what the hell do you want everybody to do anyways? you want us all to run mindlessly into the battlefield, sorry bro, thats not how this game works
Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

On cod4...please stop camping on stairwells and just waiting till someone tries to walk up them. Thats one thing halo3 has on cod4...no camping...if you camp on cod4..the radar will pick you up. On cod4, you can camp the entire game with no penalties.Spinbrett

It's not them "camping," it's you "sucking."

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts
I'd have to agree with the people disliking random 'nades. Those things are the most horrible thing to happen to online gaming...especially when they have 3x Frag. AHH!!!
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts

I can barely remember the killcam. Ive played nothing but Hardcore for so long.. And its been my experience that the only people who complain about campers, are the guys that run out in the open full speed with their run-n-gun attitude, then complain when someone hiding in the bushes shoots him. Think of it this way, campers know what youre going to do, and you know what campers are going to do. Whos gets the kill?DZBricktop

this sums up"camping". I would rather think logically and get kills from stupid people who run i front of me,than get killed for being stupid and running in front of other people. I camp,tons of people camp. where not glitching or cheating. We are using common sense.

forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 forgetwatyahear
I'd have to agree with the people disliking random 'nades. Those things are the most horrible thing to happen to online gaming...especially when they have 3x Frag. AHH!!!theafiguy
they aren't random,they are specifically placed. The thrower assumes where a high population of enemies are and chucks a grenade. Majority of the time he doesn't get alot of kills1-2 maybe. If he is lucky he may get 3-5.
Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Spinbrett
all of you are correct......I played a 4 vs 4 match and everyone camped.....guess what...it sucked because nobody was playing....i moved around...of course i died..my team refused to move.....so i just leave the match now when i find campers.....alot easier to just disconnect and find another match
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

theres a BIG difference between being tactical and hiding behind a door

cod players are so denfensive of their precious game it sucks after the new patch witht he suck spawns now

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts
double post, gotta love those guys who camp with P90's
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 forgetwatyahear

theres a BIG difference between being tactical and hiding behind a door

cod players are so denfensive of their precious game it sucks after the new patch witht he suck spawns now

Djmaster214
it isn't defending a game but rather a common concept used in almost all FPS online. He said that one match he played everyone was camping and he moved and died. You don't have to be completly statuesque but don't run into the opem just asking to get shot. I remeber thses conversations on halo 2. "your camping with the sword behind the waterfall" balh blah blah
Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spinbrett
ya, i agree...they think its real life..its a video game......most of the players I see just hide on the stairs or in a corner until you run by. oh boy..thats fun.....they should have an anti camping option..if you stay in the same room for more than 45 seconds..you die.
Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Spinbrett
nobody just runs down the street yelling "I wanna be an airborn ranger......." What happens is you walk in a room...bam you die.....the guy is hiding in the corner......you go back..the guy is now on the stairs..bam you die.......you go back.....he is now on the roof..bam............thats why it is call of camping 4 It takes NO SKILL to sit in a corner and shoot someone when they enter the room. NO TALENT OR SKILL.....at least in Halo 3...you hide around the corner with a blade....I know it.
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 forgetwatyahear
nobody just runs down the street yelling "I wanna be an airborn ranger......." What happens is you walk in a room...bam you die.....the guy is hiding in the corner......you go back..the guy is now on the stairs..bam you die.......you go back.....he is now on the roof..bam............thats why it is call of camping 4 It takes NO SKILL to sit in a corner and shoot someone when they enter the room. NO TALENT OR SKILL.....at least in Halo 3...you hide around the corner with a blade....I know it.Spinbrett
stop with all the random ellipses, it's mighty annoying. Yo walk in a room and die,you respwanAVOID THAT ROOM or enter from another entrance. If it is hardcore you can easily blindside a opponent since they don't have 260 vision. just some tips.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts

Since you can't take cover like in Rainbow 6 you kind of have to take refuge somewhere you have an advantage, and even then your probably going to get murdered anyways because people run around a lot in that game and the maps are not that big so you don't really have any place to go. It is the nades being tossed around like hot potatoes that usually gets on my nerves. Smart players use stealth and move their position after a few kills so they don't get ambushed.

Well, you can always go back to Halo.....

GeKKoMaN91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GeKKoMaN91
Member since 2008 • 191 Posts

OMG. Give this guy a break. I absolutely hate camping in all types of online games. The way you guys describe a camper is like you think its right to do it. First you guys will say,"then we should mindlessly run around on the battlefield like an idiot", WELL GUESS WHAT, thats better than camping. Lemme give you guys an example, if we dont mindlessly run around and just camp, who is gonna get killed? NO ONE!! And do you know why no one gets killed, its because no one is moving. It doesnt take a genius to know that.

I actually give credit to those people that runs around and actually doing something, than @sshole campers. Why buy a game adn just sit there doing nothing. I thought we play games to move around and have fun.

HIMsHeartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HIMsHeartagram
Member since 2004 • 152 Posts
i dont know, id have to say ive seen camping alot more in Halo 3 that CoD4... since you get more health in halo, its harder to kill someone so far away, or hiding in a spot... with CoD4.. you just throw a grenade or shoot him once from far away... and hes done.... so its MUCH easier to get rid of campers in CoD4...
GeKKoMaN91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GeKKoMaN91

You guys say that kill cams are there for a reason, you will hunt that camper down. BUt guess what, what if you respawn at the end of the map and your making your journey to that camper that you saw on the kill cam. Meanwhile your making your journey there, that camper probably killed a couple of your teammates, so the kill cam is not really a benefit to you. And you will probably get killed by a different camper when your making your way to your first camper. Then you will respawn and you will forget about your first camper and try to hunt down the second one. Then you will get killed from a different camper, rinse and repeat. See kill cam doesnt help.

Sorry for the long @ss passage

Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Spinbrett
well said gekko......thats my point exactly
GeKKoMaN91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GeKKoMaN91
Yea. I hate how people say thats why you have a kill cam, to see where he killed you. So you can go back there and butrape him. The camper probably killed 4 or 5 of your teamates before you even get there and probably died before you get to him. So dont even use the kill cam to defend how annoying camping is.
xexis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xexis
Member since 2003 • 328 Posts

No, its not the camping.

People who freaking launch nades 500 yards across a map, and kill people. They lob them randomly, and they get kills, that makes me so mad.

Shmiity

I hate nadewhores =.=

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

camping is a valid tactic. find another way.. I like campers, gives me something to hunt n stalk.

If i get killed by a camper, I then make it my sole mission to kill said camper.
darksusperia

I agree, although I dont like to camp. I prefer to hunt and gun but in a stealthy manner. Camping is totally valid. I catch em with my cam and go back and kill them. Like someone said, you have grenades, UAV, and you have lightning quick reflexes. ;) What would snipers do if they couldnt camp? If people didnt camp, we'll have a bunch of people running around with their heads cut off. I prefer a mix, of hunters and campers. It makes things more challenging.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
One of the many reasons why I quit.
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
flanking pwns campers
RedDaemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RedDaemon
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts

I'm sorry... but is this your first CoD game?

That's what CoD is about... camping...

no seriously...

fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#45 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts
Im a blind runner. I somehow win more then half of my matches. All the haters in here must be the people that come in last because they hde out the whole match and get 5 kills if luckey. I win matches because i go kill people not hide and pray to goet more then 3 kills for once. camping is a real war tactic but this is a game. If you wanna win dont camp.
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts

Camping itself itsn't really a problem since they are only a threat to you like once. And if you have a UAV then they aren't a threat at all.

Spawn Camping is much more annoying but not really an issue in CoD4. What is an issue is the noob tube. Too many people use the noob tube for reasons that really don't call for it. For example a guy who snuck up behind me and totally have the drop on me didn't do what anyone else would do and either stab or headshot, he stopped changed to the noobtube and shoot next to me to kill me...

Thats just a rediculous amount of noobage...

Avatar image for TheGreaterForce
TheGreaterForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheGreaterForce
Member since 2002 • 386 Posts

No, its not the camping.

Shmiity

hahahahaha same here dude, that pisses me off so much which is why i stopped playing cod games back since cod2

Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Smoke89
Member since 2003 • 3575 Posts
Alot of the nades aren't as random as you think.... the clan I play with goes in private matches in free-for-all mode and studies maps. One of the things we look for is where to lob grenades into map "hot spots". Sometimes into spawn areas of the break and sometimes just popular lock down areas on S&D.
LT-Z400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LT-Z400
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
what i hate is when someone says im camping when i know im not. for example i went in a building killed some dude, i looked off of the balcony and seen other people coming torward the building, so when they came up the stairs i blasted them all and got called a camper. i mean what was i suposed to do? but anyways if i wanted to camp i would and i do sometimes if needed.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

If you get killed by a camper get revenge by killing them with your knife and humiliating them.

Sometimes you get really amateur campers, who only know one spot on each map to do it. Find them, kill them, then leave claymores behind to get them when they return. Hilarious when you hear them cussing in the lobby.