Bioshock is such a great game, what was everyone's complaint against it?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
ummm it never actually ran on my computer, always crashed
T_Largo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 T_Largo
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts
I thought it was fantastic. One of the most atmospheric games I've ever played. It didn't have good replay value and the two endings felt like a total gyp however.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts

complaints?, everyone seems to worship it.

I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it was an enjoyable and great game.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#54 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
No complaints, I enjoyed very much.
Richard7666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Richard7666
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
It's a love/hate game. Overall for me it was average, but there were some moments that were really great, now that I think about it. I waited until the patch that disabled the stupid vita-chamer system, as that just made the game entirely devoid of challenge.
EvilAshTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 EvilAshTwin
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]My complaints... the endings. I won't spoil it, but they were disappointing. Still an amazing game, though. Don't know how they'll make a sequel out of it...Syrenz

I don't know nything about a sequel but they are making a Batman game using the bioshock engine I believe (Batman:Arkham Asylum)

Yes there's going to be a sequel, its going to coincide with the Bioshock movie thats coming out too. As for the engine its called the UT engine, its the same engine that was used in Gears.

As for the game, I didnt hate the game. I didnt think it was as good as the hype, my problems with the game are twofold. 1. being with the game itself and the second being with the community. This game has worse fanboys than Halo or FF7 but Ill get to that in a bit.

The game itself was short, you could complete the game 100% and by 100% I mean 1000/1000 GS in about 6-8 hours maybe 9. Ok so its kinda medium for today's FPS games, but still short as far as SP based games go. However there was no MP (dont start), there was no unlockable content, there were no super secrets that could only be found by searching the darkest of corners. Basically the only incentives to play though the game again was for the second 15 second ending, and then just for the heck of it.

Although the game can be completed in 6-9 hours, near the end you could really feel the game just dragging its feet. The story although interesting, did feel like it was stretched out longer than it should have been. The entire game can be split into two parts, pre-plot twist and post-plot twist. Technically there are 2 plot twists that affect the story but the second comes so close to the first that it still falls in the category of post-plot twist. The first plot twist should have been obvious to everyone and the second was just cliche to the point that you actually mutter to yourself "Are you freaking kidding me?" However in pre-plot twist things were always interesting. Things were happening the story was constantly moving. When you got to post-plot twist the story slowed way way down. It literally became separated between two multipart fetch quests. The first featuring an annoying gimmick. The second was nothing special but did lead to one of the biggest plot holes in the game (Ill get to that later).

This game had some good ideas there were never fully utilized. Hacking was cool at first, but by the time you got to post-plot twist it was already repetitive, same goes for U-Invent. Used for plot purposes once in pre-plot twist then served no other purpose as an alternate source to get ammo for the rest of the game. Tonics and Plasmids, again great idea but fell very short of what they could have been. There were a handful of area's that needed a specific Plasmid to get to, all of which were in pre-plot twist, even then most of these were in the first half of pre-plot twist. Most of the Plasmid's themselves were either very underpowered or just flatout worthless and was nothing more than just a waste of EVE to use. In the end there was only 1 or 2 plasmids that actually turned out to be useful throughout the entire game. Morality, again another feature that could have had a big impact on the game instead was barely noticeable.

Earlier I mentioned a plothole, which Im surprised noone mentioned. If you spend the first part of the game harvesting little sisters, then why would they bother to help you during the plot twist? If you then spend the rest of the game still harvesting little sisters, then why would the continue to help you at the end of the game? Without giving away too much about the "evil" ending, there was a moment when you were knocked down and instead of killing you they hesitate to see what your going to do. If you spent the entire game killing them why would they choose to help you and show mercy when they could have dealt a killing blow. Thats a massive grand canyon sized plot hole right there.

Essentially Bioshock was a good game but at its release it was not 60 bucks good. Now that the price is probably starting to come down I would recommend people to buy this game, just dont spend anything more than 30 on it and you'll easily get your money's worth. Even if it is full of half realized and half utilized ideas.

iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts
no complaints here
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I loved it. I had no problems with it.
MitchellPot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MitchellPot
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts
Some people didnt like this game?!? Thats really hard to believe. This is one of my favorite games of all time. Its the FPS that had a good story line. But this actually made we want to play the game more and more. And the whole theory behind the city they call Rapture, it is just amazing.
IncipioAnima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 IncipioAnima
Member since 2008 • 124 Posts
Great game but ZERO replay value.
Avatar image for skapunkclarence
skapunkclarence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 skapunkclarence
Member since 2008 • 400 Posts
I loved replaying BioShock over and over. The only qualm I have with it is there's no multiplayer.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

This is also news to me. I purchased the game after reading 100% glowing praise for it and absolutely loved the game. I can't remember seeing anything negative with it really apart from the lack of replay value (which is the same in most story driven games)stuarthanley

I think this topic was meant for the PS3 forums, they seem to be have a lot of hate towards Bioshock, I think its because the demo sucked.

zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
I suffered motion sickness 30 minutes into it, so I didn't get to play it properly. But it wasn't for me for how much I played it anyways.
hiroyukiwu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 hiroyukiwu
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts

[QUOTE="hiroyukiwu"]hated it, story wasn't as good as people make out, weapons were boring and the same ole enemies and is totally not replayable at ALLMau-Justice

I don't see how you can say that. If you listen to the audio diaries and pay attention, there's so many twists you'd lose count.

i DID listen and paid attention to them all, i ha high hopes for this game and even played through it twice, no good imo
Dogboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Dogboywonder
Member since 2008 • 1339 Posts
Great Game!!! I already beat it and im playing for a second time, trying to save all thee little sisters this time.love the plasmids!! Although like some people said about the dieing, that was disappointing but there is an achievement that u get if u don't die or use the vita-chambers!
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
no games are always critzized