Bioshock didnt deserve a 10

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ahskip1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ahskip1
Member since 2006 • 62 Posts
Does anyone believe bioshock didnt deserve a 10? I sure do. Gears of war didnt recieve it, niether did dead rising. Both of these games are far better than Bioshock, dont let me be misunderstood, bioshock is a great game, but not that great. the story never developed that much to me, you never connected to who your character actually was(not seeing a face, a name, or a backround). The ending was ok, but much too short and simple. I do believe this game is worthy of a 9.0 or even a 9.5, but not a 10; no game is perfect and this one most certainly isnt. Also, I will be awiating a sequel, that might just push towards a perfect score.
Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts
get out
froggut198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 froggut198
Member since 2005 • 1369 Posts

Does anyone believe bioshock didnt deserve a 10? I sure do. Gears of war didnt recieve it, niether did dead rising. Both of these games are far better than Bioshock, dont let me be misunderstood, bioshock is a great game, but not that great. the story never developed that much to me, you never connected to who your character actually was(not seeing a face, a name, or a backround). The ending was ok, but much too short and simple. I do believe this game is worthy of a 9.0 or even a 9.5, but not a 10; no game is perfect and this one most certainly isnt. Also, I will be awiating a sequel, that might just push towards a perfect score.ahskip1

Well, Gears was alright but there were too many problems with online and the single player campaign was alittle on the short side. Dead Rising, ugh where can I begin. I was so hyped for this game and I played the demo like a hundred times before the game came out. Once the game came out, however, it was a huge disapointment. The saving was annoying, the whole time thing was annoying, it was just hard to do anything on your first playthrough (of course this is all for me, some might love it) Thats why DR rising got the score it deserved (8.3 i think?) Bioshock deserved its 9 (it didnt get a 10!) It's one of the only 360 FPS out right now that is worth buying for the single player. The game is absolutely outstanding, both graphically and gameplay wise. I haven't beaten it, only like an hour in to be honest, and isnt the game suppose to be around at least 10 hours or more? Even if it is short, it has alot more meat to it than Gears and DR.

benbonney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 benbonney
Member since 2005 • 688 Posts

it didnt receive a 10 did it?

anyway comparing GOW and BS is like comparing need for speed and GTA..... just cos they both involve driving doesnt make them the same kinda game.

I feel the story line in this game was very deep and the idea isnt to fully find out what is going on till later in the game... wont say owt as for spoilers, only part i dint like was the hacking until ya able to auto hack a few things, but even in system shock hacking was prety lame. In some respects this aint a shoot em up as i rarely use my guns and am always full up on ammo, but on a final not one thing that makes this game great is the fact its so unlinear unlike most other games similar to it

r0ger_d70r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 r0ger_d70r
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
well i do agree that bioshock didnt deserved a 10 but im pretty sure it didnt get it i think it was a 9 or 9.5 but anyway im a huge fan of GOW and honestly i think online playing its what makes the experience go to another level, not a single player campaign you play single cmapaign once and it gets boring the next time, but on the other hand online gamins changes pretty much every single match i know environment and stuff like that are different in bioshock to use, but why would you change the way you aproach an encounter in the best way just so you can get to the next level which you already know what it is.. i dont know if you see my point on this... but thats just me...
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
bioshock got a 9 ...
ghostjga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ghostjga
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts
This topic fails... Bioshock got a 9?
armedanddeadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 armedanddeadly
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

well i do agree that bioshock didnt deserved a 10 but im pretty sure it didnt get it i think it was a 9 or 9.5 but anyway im a huge fan of GOW and honestly i think online playing its what makes the experience go to another level, not a single player campaign you play single cmapaign once and it gets boring the next time, but on the other hand online gamins changes pretty much every single match i know environment and stuff like that are different in bioshock to use, but why would you change the way you aproach an encounter in the best way just so you can get to the next level which you already know what it is.. i dont know if you see my point on this... but thats just me...r0ger_d70r

agreed

--MAV3R1CK--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 --MAV3R1CK--
Member since 2006 • 9346 Posts
I think Bioshock, IN MY OPINION, should've gotten a 9 or 9.5 in some mags.
AzureCuzYeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 AzureCuzYeah
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
A nine is in the perfect area for Bioshock. I know other gaming sites did rate it very high in the 10 range though (which I disagree with).
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
Remember that Bioshock received a 9.0 from Gamespot. It has some weaknesses but overall it is a very innovative game. It may not be for everyone but it is a game worth buying. There really isn't a perfect game on the market place but then gaming companies are not perfect either. But Bioshock stands out as an enjoy game for many.
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
it didn't get a ten here.
Headhunter01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Headhunter01
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
Well first of all, it didn't get a 10. Not on Gamespot anyways. I agree with you on one point. No game really deserves a 10. I have to disagree with you about dead rising and GoW being better though. I found Bioshock far more engaging and entertaining.
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts
It got a 9.0 and that is underating the Game IMO. The game is fun, original, and deserves its score the damage control is getting stupid with this. This game could easily be GOTY.
funkyskunk5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funkyskunk5
Member since 2007 • 62 Posts
I think he's talking about the game informer review. They gave it a perfect 10. Buy they tend to favor extremely innovative game's, so it's no wonder. It deserved the ten though.
Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ultra-Alue
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

Also, I will be awiating a sequel, that might just push towards a perfect score.ahskip1

There is no chance that we will ever see a Bioshock sequel.

GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
It's a superb title, but by no means perfect. I've run into my own share of problems.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
it did not get a 10 on most websites only 10 ive seen if official xbox magazine
jakjbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 jakjbt
Member since 2006 • 275 Posts
9.0 is what gamepot gave it
xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts
This topic fails... Bioshock got a 9?ghostjga
yeah no kidding.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts

Well, for a game that many claim to be too short, I spent almost 30 hours on it. To compare to another popular FPS, Halo, I finished that in 7 hours. I'm sure you could rush through Bioshock, but then wouldn't that be defeating the purpose?

justinblair2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 justinblair2
Member since 2003 • 180 Posts
wow are you guys so sucked into gamespot that this is the only place you look for reviews? Bioshock got a 9 on this site, but it got the well deserved 10 on many other sites and mags. EGM and game informer gave it a 10 for example
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

[QUOTE="ghostjga"]This topic fails... Bioshock got a 9?xXHackettXx
yeah no kidding.

QFT

sometime ratings don't give some games justice, bioshock got it about right with 9 though. games like shadowrun though i LOVE it and it got a 6.9 i think? it felt more like a 7.5 to me :P

Rasjr20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rasjr20
Member since 2007 • 2166 Posts
it's all up to a persons opinion in my book to me its a 10 had a great time playing it though some people feel the lack of multiplayer should lower the score not me im not a big fan of mp i am on ocassion but it doesnt determine if i will but the game
Infernoply

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Infernoply
Member since 2006 • 3012 Posts

Does anyone believe bioshock didnt deserve a 10? I sure do. Gears of war didnt recieve it, niether did dead rising. Both of these games are far better than Bioshock, dont let me be misunderstood, bioshock is a great game, but not that great. the story never developed that much to me, you never connected to who your character actually was(not seeing a face, a name, or a backround). The ending was ok, but much too short and simple. I do believe this game is worthy of a 9.0 or even a 9.5, but not a 10; no game is perfect and this one most certainly isnt. Also, I will be awiating a sequel, that might just push towards a perfect score.ahskip1

i agree. 8.0 imo

Dragon-of-Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dragon-of-Dark
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I thought Bioshock was one of the best games ive played in a long while. I love the storyline, bad guys, music,weapons EVERYTHING! Overalli think it deserved at least 9.0

NismoNissan41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NismoNissan41
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts

it got a 9...idiot. your opion does not change a thing and it doesnt seem like it ever planned to change a thing. thos topic is as useless as a fat man in a vegetable shoppete_merlin

Gameinformer gave it a 10 out if 10

NismoNissan41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NismoNissan41
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts
After beating the game I feel like it deserves a 7.0. This game gets really repetitive and the enemies are so similar. I am not going to spoil the storyline but I thought it was absolutely terrible. Short game, no multiplayer or replay value. I have no desire to play this game ever again. I guess it is a great FPS if it is the only FPS shooters you have ever played.
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
what!??!?! it got a 10!??!?!?! thats crazy!
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
i just checked. what are u talking about? it got a 9.0
Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts
This is how I look at it. Gears got a 9.6, then Bioshock should have gotten a 10. Bioshock is leaps and bounds better than Gears. I love Gears, but Bioshock was just ten times better. I love this game.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#34 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

It really did not deserve a ten.

Heck, it has a higher average score then Gears of War, and Gears was 10x better.

I give Bioshock 8.5/9

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
I think BioShock set out and accomplished everything we thought it would, if not more. Not to mention that this game actually lived up to the hype it got. Anyways, I'm more of a single player story guy and not so often do FPS's get a fantastic story, gameplay, graphics, and setting all in one package.
YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts

it didn't receive a 10 did it?

anyway comparing GOW and BS is like comparing need for speed and GTA..... just cos they both involve driving doesn't make them the same kinda game.

benbonney
Exactly.
Uchiha_madara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Uchiha_madara
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
it got 10 were they have like 50 other games with the rating 10...
-MlKE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -MlKE-
Member since 2007 • 1796 Posts
Although the story s*** the bed near the end, it was still an incredible game that shouldn't score anything lower than a 9.
TheJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheJustin
Member since 2006 • 2197 Posts

I don't think anything deserves a perfect score, but just letting you know Your character in bioshock does have a name and a background. It is all explained. That is the reward for getting every diary. You know the entire story of bioshock and it's (in my opinion) a pretty good complicated story.
henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 henri1960
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
Bioshock got a 9 on GS
kyle_1865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kyle_1865
Member since 2005 • 1025 Posts

it didnt get a 10 u dumbass

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
there may be a post fnr3 review fan oxm has left that would think the game should get an 11. oxm scores 1-11 since they gave fnr3 a 10. rather than scrap the review and admit a mistake, they want to scrap the 1-10 scoreing system to save face.
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts

[QUOTE="ahskip1"]Does anyone believe bioshock didnt deserve a 10? I sure do. Gears of war didnt recieve it, niether did dead rising. Both of these games are far better than Bioshock, dont let me be misunderstood, bioshock is a great game, but not that great. the story never developed that much to me, you never connected to who your character actually was(not seeing a face, a name, or a backround). The ending was ok, but much too short and simple. I do believe this game is worthy of a 9.0 or even a 9.5, but not a 10; no game is perfect and this one most certainly isnt. Also, I will be awiating a sequel, that might just push towards a perfect score.kyle_1865

it didnt get a 10 u dumbass

actually look at gamerankings. it got quite a few 10s.
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts

the whole point of not getting much background and never seeing his face was to immerse YOU in the story.  making it totally first person with people talking to YOU only and not a character on screen immerse you firther into the story.    valve need the same thing with the Half-life games and i thought it was an amazing idea
Avatar image for EpidemicAHazard
EpidemicAHazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 EpidemicAHazard
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts
lol every1 is shooting this guy down, lol, oh well i loved the game so as the first poster said "get out"
stephbm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stephbm6
Member since 2003 • 249 Posts
Both EGM & Game Informer magazines gave it a 10. Bioshock is not a 10 face it B*tches!!!!!!
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

I agree it did not deserve a 10.

Maybe a 8 at the most.

But honestly, this was pretty much a pointless thread.

Spykezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#48 Spykezilla
Member since 2004 • 7652 Posts
The review system as a whole is messed up. Most people think 7 is a bad score now, and that just is not right. They need to make 5 the average score.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

The review system as a whole is messed up. Most people think 7 is a bad score now, and that just is not right. They need to make 5 the average score.Spykezilla

I say think of it as school grades.

7 is Average.

8 is pretty good, 9 is pretty awesome

10 is freakin amazing.

but people fail

thats life

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Well just like this topic, all reviews are just someones opinion which you may or may not agree with. I personally think that the scores it got were more than justified. And even if they weren't you don't have to play the game if you don't want to.

You must have not picked up any audio diaries, ignored anything that wasn't an immediate objective, and rushed straight through to the end. Otherwise you would know that (possible spoilers) the main character is named Jack, he's the illegitimate son of Ryan, was mind controlled by Fontaine to do his bidding, and (like with Master Chief) not seeing his face isn't a big deal.

No game is perfect, and neither is Bioshock, but it is definitely GOTY material.