Bioshock 2 or Mass Effect 2?

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed both BioShock and Mass Effect, but I'm looking more forward to Mass Effect 2, since I experienced Mass Effect much more recently than I did BioShock (hence, the "appreciation" I have for ME is a big more intense). And, of course, since it comes out earlier. Those two games, as well as Splinter Cell: Conviction, are my most anticipated games for 2010 (and, well, the ones I think of the most, anyway).
Avatar image for RagnarokWarrior
RagnarokWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 RagnarokWarrior
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

Wow. The outcome for the voting suprised me. I would have sworn that people were going to pick Bioshock 2 more. Meh, both great choices......but Mass Effect 2 seems to be making leaps and bounds in the gameplay dept. I just hope all the bugs from the first one will be ironed out....like monotnous missions taking place on similar planets while driving a space tank.

teh_shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 teh_shogun
Member since 2009 • 714 Posts
I didn't really feel that Bioshock needed what looks to be a forced sequel, so I'll probably be skipping it. Mass Effect 2, on the other hand, looks amazing.Canvas_Of_Flesh
forced sequel? bioshock was a critical and commercial success. why wouldn't they want to expand the bioshock universe and make more amazing games?
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
both. those are the two games im looking forward to most, as well as the two games im replaying through right now, finishing up the achievements i missed.
-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

It's a really tough choice.. Probably ME2.

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#56 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts
[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

Bioshock 2.

I thought Mass Effect was really boring.

Same here
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

im looking foward to bioshock 2 more but im buying both for sure.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"]I didn't really feel that Bioshock needed what looks to be a forced sequel, so I'll probably be skipping it. Mass Effect 2, on the other hand, looks amazing.teh_shogun
forced sequel? bioshock was a critical and commercial success. why wouldn't they want to expand the bioshock universe and make more amazing games?

Not every commercially successful and great game needs to have a sequel. I enjoyed the first game immensely, but it told it's story and it's over. There's really no need for there to be a sequel. Not every "universe" needs expanded. And, the "amazing games" part of your argument is debatable because the game hasn't been released yet, but from what I've read, it seems like there have been some big developmental problems with the title. So, I wouldn't really set my hopes to high on the game to be as good as the first one.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#59 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Mass Effect 2, but will play through both games several times.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#60 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Mass Effect 2. I didn't really dig Bioshock.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#61 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

Bioshock 2.

DavidRswii

Same here

REALLY?!

I thought that BioShock was a really boring game, even though it looked nice but other than that it wasn't anything special.

Avatar image for jakeman55667799
jakeman55667799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 jakeman55667799
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts

Oh why,why,why do you have to ask such a question that makes me pick between these two monumental games. It's a very hard question to answer but i have to go with bioshock 2. Mass effect was an amazing game and an experience i will never forget for the rest of my life. It had a great storyline and it revolutionized how RPG's were made. But bioshock has been my favorite game ever since i took that wrench and beat that splicer senseless. I cannot simply pick any other game other that im more excited about then bioshock 2.

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts
If I had to choose one I would pick Bioshock 2. I loved the original Mass Effect but the side quests were to repetitive and the planets that didnt deal with the main story line were just copy and paste jobs. I am hoping they fix this in Mass Effect 2 I'm still planning on getting both :)
TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

[QUOTE="DavidRswii"][QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

Bioshock 2.

ghstbstr

Same here

REALLY?!

I thought that BioShock was a really boring game, even though it looked nice but other than that it wasn't anything special.

It is just a matter of opinion. I must say I still disagree with their statement :)
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
Probably mass effect...Bioshock had some hard puzzles lmao i left it after the 2nd puzzle part.
Franchize-24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Franchize-24
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

this is a hard one, loved both of the games but i hav to chose mass effect 2

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Mass Effect 2. I'm pre-ordering the Collector's Edition right after Christmas. I couldn't care less about Bioshock 2. It feels like an unneeded sequel with tacked on multiplayer.

GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
I'm getting both but if I had to pick one it would be Mass Effect.
MW2Addict89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MW2Addict89
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i'd have to choose Bioshock2 cause the first one was my favorite game till it stop working :(
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
Bioshock 2 looks amazing haven't really seen that much of mass effect 2 not really keeping track of it
Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Remora133
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts
BOTH! you have to get both
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
other=both
obscured_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 obscured_echo
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts

I loved both stories. Each had their own style and environments that I enjoyed immensely. I will be getting both.

That being said, for this poll I'm picking Mass Effect 2 over Bioshock 2.

Reasons

- Most importantly, I can't wait to expand on the story.

- New characters

- Fixed bugs and little things here and there that Mass Effect had. ( Like the item menu )

Avatar image for theeXorsicst360
theeXorsicst360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 theeXorsicst360
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts

Ill say BioShock 2, for me its just a game that i will no doubt be getting. Mass Effect on the other hand, now i know that im probs gonna get loads and loads replies to this trying to prove me wrong but i just felt that Mass Effect was missing something, i just didnt feel as much of a connection or involvement with the game is i did for BioShock

"would You Kindly?"

queen_vee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 queen_vee
Member since 2008 • 438 Posts
Bioshock 2 all the way, the first one is in my top 5 best games of all time. Mass Effect was a let down for me.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts
[QUOTE="gow117"][QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

I'm exited for both. If I had to pick one it would be Mass Effect2.

same here

same here also
darkpiggy17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#77 darkpiggy17
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts

Bioshock 2 for me. Mass Effect was fun while it lasted, but one playthrough was more than enough for me. It got too repetitive-- the only thing that really changed throughout the game was stronger versions of weapons you already had with better upgrades than the ones you already had against enemies who were progressively tougher than the ones you already fought. The story was kind of weak IMO; everyone's heard the same super advanced alien destroyer race story plenty. BioShock's story was told at a perfect pace through the perfect medium- you got enough of it to know what was going on by just progressing, but to get the real idea of the true nature of the city and it's people, you had to dig deep into the beautifully crafted environments. Not only is the story gripping, but the game incorporates the morality choices Mass Effect has just as much into the game, and i have to say the combat is at least as good as Mass Effect's. Big Daddy > Geth every time. When you play on hard, unless you're going the lame route and just firing away until you respawn in the vita chamber and lather rinse repeat, you get a truly suspenseful and intense combat experience to go with the rest of the perfection. My favorite game on the 360 bar none.

I'm not saying Mass Effect was bad, or that I'm not excited for the sequel. But i gotta say, i'm expecting great things out of BioShock 2. Just hope 2K Marin can pull it off...

tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

bioshock 2 for me, all though i did enjoy mass effect i couldnt be bothered to explore the planets to fin stuff because the load times were rediculous and too frequent. it took me a while to complete it coz i was kinda bored with it. the second one does look a whole lot better though. ill be gettin both anyway but im more excited for bioshock 2. im more excited for mafia 2 and red dead redemption though

nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#79 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
Bioshock 2 for me I didn't find Mass Effect my type of game but I loved Bioshock the story was epic in the 1st!
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#80 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
Bioshock 2 should be the game I'm more looking forward to, but it isn't. I've just got a bad feeling it won't live up to the standard set by the original. It won't have the same impact as the first because the first felt fresh. I'm genuinely worried about Bioshock 2. The amount of studios working on it, the numerous delays and no Levine is also worrying. Time will tell I guess.
Dordledum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Dordledum
Member since 2009 • 1754 Posts

Mass Effect 2!

I loved both Bioshock 1 and ME 1. I really don't want to play like a big daddy, just feels wrong to me "storywise". And ME 2 has the potential to be the best game ever! It's a Bioware RPG, which says enough.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Mass Effect 2, no question.

darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
mass effect was garbage compared to bioshock, so was just about every other 360 game.....so bioshock 2 is the game i am looking forward to the most. i might not even buy mass effect 2.
Crusher89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Crusher89
Member since 2007 • 480 Posts
both.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#85 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

Bioshock 2, easily. Mass Effect was okay, but just a well-done example of stuff we'd all seen before. Bioshock's awesome/creepy Art Deco environs alone make it worth revisiting,

jekyll

Definitely Bioshock. =D

albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts

I had to vote "either" - both are sequels to my favorite games, though I'd have to pick Bioshock as my all time fave.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Well Bioshock 2 has peaked my interest a bit although I've never played the first one. I'm not a rpg fan and although Mass Effect 2 looks like the best one, I'm still not entirely interested.
Scr00I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Scr00I
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts
Mass Effect 2 definately! Can't wait for that game....
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

BOTH...sequel to the two most prized games...how could I choose one lol ?

Ellimem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ellimem
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

I am currently on my first playthrough of Mass Effect and it is fun but slow as ****. Bioshock is balls to the wall excitement and intense action which is what I like more. Also the MP looks amazing.

For other though, I am looking forward to Alan Wake, Splinter Cell and Crackdown 2 quite a bit.

This is going to be quite the year for 360 exclusives. It is needed after last year's complete failure.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#92 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Mass Effect 2. Bioshock 2 seems unnecessary but still a good non-full price purchase.
Whale_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Whale_
Member since 2010 • 331 Posts

If I was given a choice to play Bioshock 2 or Mass Effect 2, ME 2 wins easily. Can't wait to play it. Plus, it's a Bioware RPG game :P.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
Bioshock 2 Limited Edition :D
Commando015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Commando015
Member since 2009 • 325 Posts

The more I read up about Mass Effect 2, the less I am worried and the more excited I get. They've seemingly fixed every single bad thing about the previous game and because there wasn't much wrong with the last game, they also were able to add a bunch of new things. From more quests to expansive story lines to the ability to search worlds with even more depth and the attention to detail they gave this one... I really can't wait any more. At first I was wondering why everyone loved the first, but the second is looking to be the best game of the first quarter.

Then we have Bioshock. The first one was awesome, but unlike Mass Effect 2, the more I read up about it; the more I get afraid. I mean, they are really toying around with the story a lot and it's not what I wanted, plus they're adding Multiplayer, which is going to change the game drastically. I also don't enjoy the whole idea of being a Big Daddy. Last game there was a brilliant story to go along with this game and it's looking like they know they won't be able to outbeat it and so they are going to encline on working more on the Multiplayer than the actual story.

So, in the end, I am really pumped up for Mass Effect... but, if they can somehow surprise me with Bioshock, I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. Both will be fun though.

Red_A_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#96 Red_A_Link
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts

i would have to say mass effect 2 but there both great games

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

i love how in 3007 bioshock 1 mass effect 1 and halo 3 came out and now 3 years kater, halo reach mass effect 2 and bioshock 2 is coming out, 2007 epic year for games this year epic year for games,

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#98 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
Mass Effect 2 easily. Bioshock 2 looks great, and the fact that I love the 1st one, but the 2nd one lost my Interest after It introduce Multiplayer for some reason. I think their both going to be great games, but Mass Effect 2 wins (Since I absolutely love the first one).
Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

Bioshock 2. I'm seriously looking forward to that Multiplayer. I just can't wait.

Grandotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#100 Grandotaku
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

Bioshock 2. I have to admit I am looking forward to Mass Effect 2 but I prefer the aweomeness that is Bioshock.