Are you happy with your xbox 360 ?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

natsirt67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 natsirt67
Member since 2005 • 891 Posts

are you happy with your 360 ? are you afraid that someday it won't be a good console ?

trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts
Never I absolutely love my Xbox 360......I love the games on it and eventually yeh it won't be a good console but that's only gonna happen in years to come.
strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts
I'm happy when it works.. I'm waiting for the coffin for my 4th 360 since May.
natsirt67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 natsirt67
i think the 360 will be the best till there is a PS4 or another xbox
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

are you happy with your 360 ? are you afraid that someday it won't be a good console ?

natsirt67

No, I already know someday it won't be a good console. Consoles die out and get replaced by new consoles. It happens.

Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
The best purchase I have made in the last two years.... and it's up against my first house and a HDTV both of which I brought this year!
jojowonderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#7 jojowonderdog
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

I got my xbox 360 for free through a referral site. But before that I had never thought of buying one myself. Now you can't shut me up about it. I tell anyone who will listen about how great it is and that they should buy one.

I'm not even on Xbox live and I still can't believe how happy I am with it. Its finally getting to the stage where games are as immersive and detailed (see assassins creed, bioshock, condemned) as I had hoped they would be when I was a kid.

Yea, it'll die out eventually but for the time being its the one to choose from the 3 next gen consoles.

Rizhall456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rizhall456
Member since 2005 • 4045 Posts
i love my 360 to pieces... apparently it hates me to pieces sometimes though, because every now and again i get a disc error for no damn reason. but when that's not happening, i couldn't be happier with the system.
natsirt67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 natsirt67
yeah but do you thin it will die by the ps3 ? or by future consoles ?
Owned_Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Owned_Noob
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
yes
Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts

With the experience it offers, gameplay, controller, graphics, quality of the games, Xbox Live experience, exclusive games, all that stuff, I'm thrilled with it, I couldn't be happier, there is very little I can fault with almost all of those catagories.

However, I am very displeased with the consoles reliablity and it's build quality in general. I really dislike the noise and heat that the console puts out, if your sitting 25 feet away and have the surround sound cranked up, it's fine, but if your in a smaller room and sitting close to it with normal TV volume levels, it's to the point where it does devalue to a certain extent the experience. Not by enough to overall detract alot from the system, but still, it's more than it should be.

I don't like the fact that I have to go out of my way to try and preserve the system's normal operating requirements. I've gone to extremes, to build a stand and a airflow rig just to get the system down to a decent heat output level and not have the disc hot to the touch when I take it out. It also took some work to incorporate all this without it being an eyesore or being attached to the 360 like the horrible problem creating intercooler is. People shouldn't have to work at it and run through a checklist just to get thier 360 setup properly before they start gaming.

I wouldn't even mind all this so much if the console was reliable with this effort, but it still isn't. My launch console suffered RRoD twice, I finally bought a new premium in July of 06, it had a HDD failure and needed to be replaced, after that, it had a Hitachi disc drive failure. I decided to upgrade to an Elite when they launched on April. after only 7 months, it also suffered Hitachi drive failure and now because Microsoft tells me because of certain circumstances it would be a 6 - 10 week repair turnaround, and Best Buy tells me they are out of stock of Elites and will not be able to honor my PRP until a few weeks after the holidays, I'm stuck without a console, unless I buy a replacement, which I'm not willing to do.

I've got a temperature controlled home at 68 degrees F, I have an air filtration system in the house, so there is little to no dust, and I've gone to extremes to help the console out on top of that, and still I have suffered repeated hardware failures of varrying components. That really frustrates me.

Having an extensive game collection of great games, isn't worth a penny if the hardware is always failing and those games cannot be played. I enjoyed the hell out of Xbox 1, and when it works I love my 360. I'll hopefully track down a Falcon when I replace my broken Elite, and if that fails on me, I'll wait for the rumored Jasper units late next year or in 2009, but if by then I cannot own a reliable console, I'll be changing my tune from saying yes I am happy with my 360, toa very negative **** No I'm not happy with the console.

trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts
Probably not by the PS3 or Wii but the future consoles
jojowonderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#13 jojowonderdog
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

maybe, but if that does eventually happen it wont be for a long time.

Sony seem to have been too cocky after the success of the PS2 compared to the original Xbox. I think they just presumed that the PS3 would be the biggest seller. But the 360 has just passed them by in sales and popularity.

Microsoft have learned from the last time by getting both seriousgames for the 'hardcore gamers' but also have a balance of titles that make it fun and easy for everyone else to use as well. (And the wireless controller just kicks ass)

I think until the PS3 drops dramatically in price the 360 will be the winner for the majority of this generation of consoles.

Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
of course the 360 will die, have you seen the sales of the wii recently. i hate to say it as i can not stand the wii, but it is going to whip the 360 in sales because little kids and old people flock to it. the ps3 and 360 are the better systems in terms of gameplay, but the wii is cheap and innovative. i love my 360 when it works, sadly i'm on my fourth and hoping that this one keeps working for a while. in terms of games out now 360 def has the edge, but the ps3 has the better slate for 2009. it is possible ps3 will pass 360, but not until some major games come out like MGS4 and FF13, and not until it is cheaper. people just dont want to pay 400 or 500 bucks for a system.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
Right now I am very happy, I mean I still only play Gears of war! Except now I got Call of duty 4. I think that after next christmas, unless 360 makes many new geat games that arne't on the PS3, then PS3 will pass the 360, but by then I will be too busy with my band and school to wory about that. But the next system I will get will be a computer, where I can play mostly every game on 360, with a good controller.
natsirt67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 natsirt67
i hardly believe that the PS3 will be better then the 360.Yeah sure the ps3 has some great games coming in 08 but the 360 will have gears 2,kingdom under fire,Halo wars,project offset,infinate undiscovery and a lot more
buttpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 buttpork
Member since 2003 • 125 Posts

I'm super happy with my 360. I love it to bits. Funny thing was that when it was first realeased, i totally dispised it. I never thought I would've bought it. Now, am i afraid it won't be a good console? No. It probably will actually...but it still won't stop me playing the great games that it has/ will bring out.

DarthMstrChf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 DarthMstrChf
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts
I will be, once i get one with my Christmas money. And when my level goes back.
Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts

i hardly believe that the PS3 will be better then the 360.Yeah sure the ps3 has some great games coming in 08 but the 360 will have gears 2,kingdom under fire,Halo wars,project offset,infinate undiscovery and a lot morenatsirt67

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you, but just wanted to point out, that Project Offset is also going to be on the PS3, and that Kingdom Under Fire is also on PC, and Gears 2 has not been confirmed as a 2008 title, it could easily be a 2009 game. Just so your better educated there.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
yup I sure am...well aside from the noice
ultimo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 ultimo8
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Very happy, but the thing that would put the nail in the coffin as far as their lead would be adventure games. Shooters are good and everything, but if you take away Sony's bread and butter I won't sell out anytime soon. Assassins Creed is an okay start to that, and the funny thing was it was going to be PS3 exlusive.
markfarren2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 markfarren2004
Member since 2004 • 73 Posts
Yeah I love 360 if it wasn't for Microsoft making console shooters I would stick with pc
markfarren2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 markfarren2004
Member since 2004 • 73 Posts

are you happy with your sexuality?sjsamuraii

Lol is that a proposal? I am keeping my back to the wall if I ever meet you hahaha just joking

Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#25 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts

I am extremely happy with my 360 as it has already bought so much gaming fun that my other consoles have never been able to bring.

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
I'm content with my 360.. it does what I paid for it to do. I also accept that one day it'll be left in my closet collecting dust, but that days not now.. But alas, im happy with all of my consoles. Dreamcast FTW!
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
i love my 360 its got great games
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Right now, no. The only game I care to play on it is Rock Band, and even then I barely play it so my system is rarely used. My 360 won't get much use from me until Fable 2 comes out.
RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts
Well I got one back from the repair shop and in went from sounding like a jet engine which is "normal" to sounding like a 51 dodge. My ears bleed at night.
Avatar image for Del_The_Prophet
Del_The_Prophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Del_The_Prophet
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
Yes, I love my 360. I could care less about how it does in sales against the Wii. I don't like the Wii. Every person I know that owns a Wii has a 360 as their primary console and a Wii as the secondary. Since I was 8, I have wanted a video game system to do everything the 360 does, and now I have it. Am I happy with it? You bet your @$$!
donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 donwon06
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
no, it's a piece of crap, but it has good games on it and xbox live is tight. so i put up with it. i'm on my fourth one and this one's probably going to break too.
Sir_lenoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Sir_lenoir
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts
I absolutely love my Xbox 360. In my opinion it is the best console since the SNES.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#33 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

I absolutely love my Xbox 360. In my opinion it is the best console since the SNES. Sir_lenoir

With the exception of mine dying two nights ago, I will agree with this statement.

Reaper123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Reaper123456
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

It is OK, way too many shooters for my taste.

I got the 360 for2 games......Dead Rising(F$%ing Awesome)and Resident evil 5(Sweet Jesus I am going to love this one. )I have thefalcon chip and the 360 runs almost cold so no complaints about rrod.

I perfer the Wii more since it has a more varied library. Trauma Center 1+2, REsident evil Umbrella Chronicles, Metroid 3, Galaxy, Godfather Blackhand(Awesome controls), Raving rabbids, Strikers.

devilwoman_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 devilwoman_ak
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

I got my xbox 360 for free through a referral site. But before that I had never thought of buying one myself. Now you can't shut me up about it. I tell anyone who will listen about how great it is and that they should buy one.

I'm not even on Xbox live and I still can't believe how happy I am with it. Its finally getting to the stage where games are as immersive and detailed (see assassins creed, bioshock, condemned) as I had hoped they would be when I was a kid.

Yea, it'll die out eventually but for the time being its the one to choose from the 3 next gen consoles.

jojowonderdog

+1

jatinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jatinders
Member since 2003 • 79 Posts
I lvoe it awesome games
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts

Yep I enjoy playing my 360

doberman20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 doberman20
Member since 2006 • 562 Posts
No it gets boring and ive beaten most of the games...........soooo.......i plan on buying a ps3 just for MGS4
natsirt67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 natsirt67
Spending $400 only for 1 game ? WOW
devilsfan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 devilsfan13
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
ive had it 3 months now and i get the red ring of death, wtf is that!? i take it back to were i bought it now they say i must ship it, its bullsh*t, biggest mistake ive made was buy a 360 over the PS3... how i wish i could go back to that day...
natsirt67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 natsirt67
Mine never gave me the RROD and it's been a year now.
BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts
Yes, very happy. The 360 just has the most games out right now, and they happen to have a lot of my favorite types to play. Plus, there's live and the Arcade and some other things. It's too bad that the console has as many issues as it does with the RROD, but given the content available for the system I wouldn't hesitate to go get another one if mine were to die for whatever reason.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#43 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts
I love my 360 and only think about it breaking down or losing all it's games or whatever after being on these forums listening to ppl complain about theirs.
soulfinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 soulfinger
Member since 2003 • 690 Posts

I'm more than happy. Had it for a year and its working fine (tough wood) and lovingthe game. Currently loving Bioshock and CoD 4. Live is great and the recent DivX/Xvid updates was fantastic and I can now watch loads of stuff on my PC through my TV.

Only slight disappointment is I would have like it to have a larger HD and built in HD DVD drive (although I know I can but these seperately.

ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts

I love it to bits but i Got me a PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII

If it comes to 360 i will P*ss all over my PS3 ( now i completed the awesome R&C )

fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#46 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
very happy
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#47 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
Very much so. I enjoy a lot of the games for it. I'm finding it tougher and tougher to beat games then I used to. Maybe it's because I don't play them as regularly as I did in the past.
ilantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ilantis
Member since 2006 • 185 Posts
It is only the best thing i bought in my life.8)
magnus500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 magnus500
Member since 2003 • 31 Posts
I am very happy with it. It will be the best until the xbox 3 arrives.
obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 obsolete2k1
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts
i'm happy with my 360 but i'm more happy with its game library.