Am I the only one who doesnt want GEOW2

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DoomBringer2010
DoomBringer2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 DoomBringer2010
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts
[QUOTE="harrylily"]

seriously tho WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT GEARS!

i brought it played it seemed k not great but k

everytime i asked why do u think its so great they just say back to me "just is" or "you must just suck at it" when they have never even played me on it..

Wardemon50

It definitly has the worst online play. It can be summed up like so: Tapping the a button like a mad-man, wielding a shotgun, crab-walking, and lancer-saw

It sounds like someone couldnt get a kill on gears.So now they hate it

Avatar image for ace-of-spades93
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 ace-of-spades93
Member since 2008 • 2456 Posts

why does everyone think this game looks good, its the same game as before,and i know everyone is going to be playing this while amazing games like fable 2 and far cry 2 will barely sell because of this. So I ask am I the only one who thinks this game will suck?

brandonB13

that is exactly my opinion i think that far cry 2 looks like probz one of the best games out this year cant wait

Flairlend_l337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Flairlend_l337
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts
No your not the only one, I for one have no desire for it. I played and beat the first one, gave the multiplayer a go and just couldnt get into it and i believe that about Gears 2. I still believe it will be one of the best selling games and that it will be great but its just not my type of game.
Avatar image for DoomBringer2010
DoomBringer2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DoomBringer2010
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts
[QUOTE="brandonB13"]

why does everyone think this game looks good, its the same game as before,and i know everyone is going to be playing this while amazing games like fable 2 and far cry 2 will barely sell because of this. So I ask am I the only one who thinks this game will suck?

ace-of-spades93

that is exactly my opinion i think that far cry 2 looks like probz one of the best games out this year cant wait

Why does everybody think that Fable2 and Far Cry 2 will not sell.They will sell as great as Gears2.Many people are buying all three when the Holiday season comes around.Like me

SirCokerThe9th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 SirCokerThe9th
Member since 2008 • 682 Posts

I bet you got all 3 halo's and didn't say this kinda **** about them.

Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Wardemon50
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
[QUOTE="Wardemon50"][QUOTE="harrylily"]

seriously tho WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT GEARS!

i brought it played it seemed k not great but k

everytime i asked why do u think its so great they just say back to me "just is" or "you must just suck at it" when they have never even played me on it..

DoomBringer2010

It definitly has the worst online play. It can be summed up like so: Tapping the a button like a mad-man, wielding a shotgun, crab-walking, and lancer-saw

It sounds like someone couldnt get a kill on gears.So now they hate it

I like GeOW and I can play well, I just like more tactics to use to win. Hopefully Gears 2 can do it right

Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Wardemon50
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

I bet you got all 3 halo's and didn't say this kinda **** about them.

SirCokerThe9th

Yes, because there is not much left to fix with the multiplayer aspect of those games

rDBONe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rDBONe
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts

im with you. I think its a good quality game i just never got into it. I never got into Halo as well.

I like realistic shooters rather than future or fantasy.

Rb6 Cod Socom GRAW etc.

redboxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 redboxa
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
A lot of people are going to disagree, but i don't think I'll be getting this game. I tried to like Gears...never happend for me. So no, you arent the only one
ARO1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 ARO1993
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts
I don't care much for it; it looks the same as one. Also, they said they would add "stopping power" to the lancer and such, but in the videos, I saw no evidence of such.Wardemon50
iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts
yes sir that would be correct
X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

Trust me, Fable 2 will sell just fine.vendettared468

So will Far Cry and if you don't like the game don't buy it. We do not want to hear you ramble on.

hoopgains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hoopgains
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

its plain and simple ur an idiot

brandonB13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 brandonB13
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts
its little kids who are too imature and single minded like most of you who make great games collect dust on store racks while crap like halo3,gears, and assasins creed sell like bloody hot cakes! You f-ing beg your parents to buy these games for you because you see everyone else talking about them, Im just trying to state my thoughts and see if anyone agrees but you snarling fanboys are to busy licking your copy of gears to notice the good games like GRAW, and Indiago Prophacy to notice there amazing gameplay and story.
thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#65 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts
You are crazy, weird, I hope you cry because you'll be the only person that owns an xbox 360 and doesn't have GEOW 2. You'll be stuck playing Viva Pinata while everyone enjoys GEOW 2 :twisted:
brandonB13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 brandonB13
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts

ok

ONE viva pinata was actually fun if you just give it a chance

TWO Ill just laugh as I enjoy the new POP game and laugh at all my friend since they made the wrong choice

GamingMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#67 GamingMind
Member since 2008 • 264 Posts
anus
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
I'm not getting Gears of War 2. I think it looks cool but its not my type of game. I tried getting into the first game but I couldn't. I'm hardly into fps anyways. I felt like I'm the only one whose not getting Gears of War 2 but I guess I was wrong. I might get Fable 2 but when I do, it won't be at launch since theres so much other games I have to get first.
armyman_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#69 armyman_22
Member since 2004 • 1492 Posts
no its not just you. I liked GoW but it had control issues to me. Part 2 looks as though they just added stuff and glossed up the graphics. Im not saying im not going to get it but I will have to do research to see if I should when it comes out.
Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 Hatefish2
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts

ok

TWO Ill just laugh as I enjoy the new POP game and laugh at all my friend since they made the wrong choice

brandonB13

You're trying way too hard honestly. How are they making a wrong choice if they enjoy Gears of War? I mean honestly your arguements don't even make sense because you're probably one of those annoying children who has to go against the flow by not following any hype and you seem to have to be the one kid playing someting different...

Gaming as a whole lost all interest in unique and engaging unhyped games long ago as soon as the general public decided they were going to massacre the gaming community and start advertising and misinforming people. Now we have groups of people who claim certain genres are terrible because they don't enjoy them, specific console fanboys (Which is a joke in itself) and just overall a huge population of whiny annoying gamers.. I mean the ammount of stupid ignorant kids ranting and whining on XBL is just absurd and I don't understand how anything got this bad but that's how it has been for a while so I suggest you get over it it's not going to change.

I will probably get Gears of War 2, not because of the hype but because I usually follow where the majority of gamers are going to go.. myself I'm usually pretty into competitive gaming so any game that will require skill and have leagues will usually have me sold.. and since no games except popular ones have leagues these days (Whether they are actually skill-based or not) I guess I'll just go with the flow. :P.. also Gears 2 looks like a huge improvement over everything I hated about the first.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I'm not a fan. I've tried some of the first one, and the controls were a tad wonky. Just gets a big meh from me.
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

its little kids who are too imature and single minded like most of you who make great games collect dust on store racks while crap like halo3,gears, and assasins creed sell like bloody hot cakes! You f-ing beg your parents to buy these games for you because you see everyone else talking about them, Im just trying to state my thoughts and see if anyone agrees but you snarling fanboys are to busy licking your copy of gears to notice the good games like GRAW, and Indiago Prophacy to notice there amazing gameplay and story.brandonB13

You spelled indigo prophecy wrong but nothing says we cant all those games by renting or earning them by working

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
I don't want it either.
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
They will all rock. But Gears 2 will rock the hardest!!
Avatar image for TIE_Elite_Pilot
TIE_Elite_Pilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TIE_Elite_Pilot
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts
it's just you, i'm not will to read through 10 pages of posts to see if there are other blashphemers.
Power_Wrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 Power_Wrist
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts

So I ask am I the only one who thinks this game will suck?brandonB13

No

the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts

Trust me, Fable 2 will sell just fine.vendettared468
]

LOL

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
TC, I don't think you've played Gears enough if you think that Gears 2 is going to be basically the exact same game.
karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 karma1680
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts

No your not the only one, I for one have no desire for it. I played and beat the first one, gave the multiplayer a go and just couldnt get into it and i believe that about Gears 2. I still believe it will be one of the best selling games and that it will be great but its just not my type of game.Flairlend_l337

You know what i can really respect how you put that....." it's just not my type of game". I for one love gears of war i think the multiplayer will be better in the second one. I've read alot of really lame excuses about why they don't like gears but to just say its not for you makes a lot more sense and you my friend have more sense then any of those anti-gears.

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 karma1680
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts
[QUOTE="brandonB13"]

ok

Hatefish2

You're trying way too hard honestly. How are they making a wrong choice if they enjoy Gears of War? I mean honestly your arguements don't even make sense because you're probably one of those annoying children who has to go against the flow by not following any hype and you seem to have to be the one kid playing someting different...

Gaming as a whole lost all interest in unique and engaging unhyped games long ago as soon as the general public decided they were going to massacre the gaming community and start advertising and misinforming people. Now we have groups of people who claim certain genres are terrible because they don't enjoy them, specific console fanboys (Which is a joke in itself) and just overall a huge population of whiny annoying gamers.. I mean the ammount of stupid ignorant kids ranting and whining on XBL is just absurd and I don't understand how anything got this bad but that's how it has been for a while so I suggest you get over it it's not going to change.

I will probably get Gears of War 2, not because of the hype but because I usually follow where the majority of gamers are going to go.. myself I'm usually pretty into competitive gaming so any game that will require skill and have leagues will usually have me sold.. and since no games except popular ones have leagues these days (Whether they are actually skill-based or not) I guess I'll just go with the flow. :P.. also Gears 2 looks like a huge improvement over everything I hated about the first.

I agree it has gotten bad but you know what there as many kids on this forum making no sense as there are on xbl and that sucks. They turn a good think into a slight annoyance.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
what do u expect from a SEQUEL? an entirely new game? then how did gears 1 do so well?
G_P_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 G_P_K
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

brandonB13

It's been said a million times that the first Gears game used the 360 to its fullest potential so of course the graphics aren't gonna change that much you idiot. Even if the graphics don't improve that much on this one and maybe another sequel on the 360, it still looks better than 99.9 percent of the games out there and will continue to do so. All other games can do is try and catch up so wtf are you complaining about. You're just a pu$$y who sucks at this game or clearly it's too graphic and your parents probably won't let you get it so just keep your mouth shut.

-MotownTigers-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 -MotownTigers-
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
I'm sure the game will be popular and will be a huge hit, but I don't think i'll get it. I'm a run and gun type of person, the first one you had to hide behind walls and such - just not my type of game. I'll wait to see how it is after it comes out and decide, but don't plan on getting it .
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#84 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

what do u expect from a SEQUEL? an entirely new game? then how did gears 1 do so well?nate_c-12

It did so well because of its graphics.

But even now that has lost its appeal, atleat to me. Maybe because almost 80 % of new games today are made on that damn engine, and many of them have that same boring grey colour look to them. Only Mass Effect and Bioshock that has used that engine nicely i think.

Alan1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Alan1187
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts

[QUOTE="nate_c-12"]what do u expect from a SEQUEL? an entirely new game? then how did gears 1 do so well?mimic-Denmark

But even now that has lost its appeal, atleat to me. Maybe because almost 80 % of new games today are made on that damn engine, and many of them have that same boring grey colour look to them. Only Mass Effect and Bioshock that has used that engine nicely i think.

Engine has gotten an update, but the color will most likely remain the same for this game as it takes place in a more modern city then Bioshock that has been torn apart by war, and it will also take place under ground :P
And it did well because of the gameplay as well.
xninjapenguinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 xninjapenguinx
Member since 2008 • 72 Posts
Im gettin fable two before gow2 fo sho
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#87 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]

[QUOTE="nate_c-12"]what do u expect from a SEQUEL? an entirely new game? then how did gears 1 do so well?Alan1187

Engine has gotten an update, but the color will most likely remain the same for this game as it takes place in a more modern city then Bioshock that has been torn apart by war, and it will also take place under ground :P
And it did well because of the gameplay as well.

Graphics drew people in:) Gameplay worked for some, but what can you say, peggle extreme was also a big hit ;)

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

brandonB13
well if u never liked gears 1 then u wont like number 2 odds on. but most people who played gears 1 liked it, so if number 2 is the same game with new campain and game modes with some minor tweaks to the game with just a few new things people will love it just the same. i wonder if cod5 will take over the main multiplayer game towards the end of 08. and will this then beat that as well taking over ur friends list. its got that potential without a doubt
david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
The ending of the first game wasn't complete, a second game was inevitable.
SkilledBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SkilledBeast
Member since 2005 • 163 Posts
I didnt like the first one that much. But GOW2 looks much better. I will definatley buy it when it comes out.