The Official 'TNA iMPACT! Video Game' Info And Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts

Downloadable Content or DLC

ok, so the Story is basically you're an upstart rookie named Suicide, a bunch of sh*t happens, u get screwed over and not sure all the details, the buggers weren't specific last night, but it's u working your way back to TNA, and climbing the ranks of TNA in hopes of becoming TNA Worlds Champion

android1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 android1000
Member since 2006 • 16599 Posts
That's it! I remember now. Thank you.
Despirano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Despirano
Member since 2007 • 5800 Posts
Yah whats with all these games and playing story mode only with CAWS to build them up in stuff..what if someone doesnt want to do all of that..would be cool if a game had it where u can play as champion in the beggining..i mean a 2008+ game
Despirano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Despirano

ok, so the Story is basically you're an upstart rookie named Suicide, a bunch of sh*t happens, u get screwed over and not sure all the details, the buggers weren't specific last night, but it's u working your way back to TNA, and climbing the ranks of TNA in hopes of becoming TNA Worlds Champion

Big_Evil666

Ur tryna tell me they give u a name too..HA! F*** this game..if they dont have Female CAW then im not getting it

android1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 android1000

Big_Evil666

I'd rather do that with AJ $tyles than Suicide. I think two weeks ago on iMPACT, they flashed "Who is Sucide" like 5 times. They need to give that a rest.

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Big_Evil666
[QUOTE="Big_Evil666"]

android1000

I'd rather do that with AJ $tyles than Suicide. I think two weeks ago on iMPACT, they flashed "Who is Sucide" like 5 times. They need to give that a rest.

from what i heard is it not suppossed to be KAZ's new gimmik? and Midway was hush hush with the story, that's all they said last night, so there could be more to it then just what i posted, but until more details are known

riseagainst1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 riseagainst1
Member since 2004 • 1835 Posts

Here's a long Q&A with the developers. This is one of the main reasons why I say to avoid this game.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/906/906229p1.html

android1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 android1000
[QUOTE="android1000"][QUOTE="Big_Evil666"]

Big_Evil666

from what i heard is it not suppossed to be KAZ's new gimmik? and Midway was hush hush with the story, that's all they said last night, so there could be more to it then just what i posted, but until more details are known

That's what I heard at first as well, I think it's the TNA story mode though since Suicide gets beat up by Homicide.

Here's a long Q&A with the developers. This is one of the main reasons why I say to avoid this game.

riseagainst1

No blood? What? Now that's just idiotic on Midway's part. Also, no CAW, just the story mode. Wow, now I know I will only RENT this game.

Despirano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Despirano

riseagainst1

Thanks Rise, u just gave me my reason NOT to buy this game..no female CAW..WTF?

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Big_Evil666

riseagainst1

wow, i am majorly disappointed! Midway is just plain lazy with this game, considering the idiot on last night's GT TV seemed to lead us all to believe that they actually give a sh*t about this game. but i still may just look into it

android1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 android1000
[QUOTE="riseagainst1"]

Despirano

Thanks Rise, u just gave me my reason NOT to buy this game..no female CAW..WTF?

No CAW at all...WTF?

[QUOTE="riseagainst1"]

Big_Evil666

wow, i am majorly disappointed! Midway is just plain lazy with this game, considering the idiot on last night's GT TV seemed to lead us all to believe that they actually give a sh*t about this game. but i still may just look into it

I remember that Kurt Angle said earlier this year that TNA & Midway put way more thought and effort into their game than THQ & WWE does with SVR, boy must he feel like an idiot after seeing what SVR09 has in store.:lol:

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Big_Evil666
i think Angle feels like an idiot every time he gets up!
android1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 android1000
Exactly, he doesn't think before he speaks or acts.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

Big_Evil666

do u have to play Suicide in Story Mode?

riseagainst1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 riseagainst1
[QUOTE="Big_Evil666"]

killerband55

Yes.

Despirano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Despirano
Thats some sucky s***..Ive never read so many "no's" in my life..ur right Rise..this game is gonna be Bullsheep..hey do think the next game will be better?
android1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 android1000

Thats some sucky s***..Ive never read so many "no's" in my life..ur right Rise..this game is gonna be Bullsheep..hey do think the next game will be better?Despirano

I personally think so, they will learn their lesson after their first game does terrible and try to compete with the SVR series...I said try, not succeed.

android1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 android1000
[QUOTE="Big_Evil666"]

killerband55

Sadly, yes....I wanted to play with AJ $tyles but it can't be done, that's one of the reasons why I'm renting this game and that's it.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 killerband55
[QUOTE="killerband55"][QUOTE="Big_Evil666"]

riseagainst1

Yes.

that sucks,

anyway did anyone see the commercial for this game yet? if so any comments?

Neutron777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#120 Neutron777
Member since 2006 • 4086 Posts
Damn it damn it damn it, they've been building this game for an AGE(3 years) and it's hasn't got blood? Ffs, I think even playstation one wrestling games had blood, why can't they put it in?
android1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 android1000
I know, not having blood in the game is the most stupidest thing they could have done so that means that I beat someone in the game senseless and they show no blood whatsoever...tsk..tsk TNA.
Invisible_Kid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Invisible_Kid2
Member since 2003 • 6330 Posts

sorry i couldnt reply in a timely fasion. my mom is staying over until she leaves for texas. she's been on my computer day and night.

the reason i was inviting him was because he's a total wwe tool who thinks that khali is better than 99% of the tna roster. he would get picked apart here, and when he gets out of line, he could actualy get punished instead of just getting posts deleted (ala gamefaqs shared board). he knows nothing about wrestling and i told him that if he wanted to talk wrestling (wich was off topic to begin with) to go to GSWD or this board.

the Q&A has been out for a while, and is the main reason why alot of people on the shared board are dissapointed in this game. bare bones when it comes to features. in a way, i kind of like how tna is doing the caw on the ps2. i dont understand why none on the wii though. it kind of forces people to buy this generations gaming consoles. really, if theres a new console every 5 years, then theres only about 2-3 more years left of the current.

myself and some of the regulars (who arnt trolling that board) are still excited about this game mainly because of the gameplay. im still buying it. no knockouts or no female caws = no problem for me. out of every single wrestling game with a caw, ive probably only made 5 women wrestlers. 1 of them (from 3 games) being this really tall, really fat black lesbian with a flanel jacket named Fatty 2 Smelly.

riseagainst1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 riseagainst1
The only real reason I'm not getting this game is for the CAWs. I usually start making up puro rosters on the second day I get a wrestling game and the limits they placed on it kills that fact. I might be a great, stripped down, basic wrestling game, but if I can't have a great CAW system, I don't want it.
Despirano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Despirano

The only real reason I'm not getting this game is for the CAWs. I usually start making up puro rosters on the second day I get a wrestling game and the limits they placed on it kills that fact. I might be a great, stripped down, basic wrestling game, but if I can't have a great CAW system, I don't want it.riseagainst1

Same here how dare they dont have women CAW, i dont even like TNA wrestlers and all i was going to do was make CAWS and try to have fun..but without that..also ive seen more vids of the gameplay and it reminds me too much odf WWF wrestlemania X8 for GC and its not flattering..so i'll skip even renting this one..though i saw a bit of their story mode on youtube and friom what i seen that doesnt loook to bad and it is different.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 killerband55
1 more day left (2 days for me, cause i work and go to class on tues. so i'll have to play it when i go home at 11pm on tues night)
Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
I DEFO ain't getting that pieace of crap.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 killerband55

I DEFO ain't getting that pieace of crap.b3yondstupidity

ehhh, you'll see me play that a lot when it comes out

D-Tru-King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 D-Tru-King
Member since 2007 • 8720 Posts
I DEFO ain't getting that pieace of crap.b3yondstupidity
Did you just read the name and say that?
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 killerband55
1 day left wait (for me anyway)
riseagainst1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 riseagainst1

IGN's reviews are up. Here's the PS2's:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/908/908788p1.html

You can find the rest of the platforms in the related games at the bottom of the page.

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Big_Evil666

IGN's reviews are up. Here's the PS2's:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/908/908788p1.html

You can find the rest of the platforms in the related games at the bottom of the page.

riseagainst1

ouch, damn! i didn't read the whole thing, but i didn't think i needed to after seeing the score

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 killerband55
i'm mad, cause i have to wait to get the game tomorrow, cause EB Games got it pushed back a day
ErkiB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#133 ErkiB
Member since 2007 • 14535 Posts
Check it out on Gamespot.they said it is awful....critics gave it only a 6.7......I hate TNA so you cna draw your own conclusions of if Im gonna buy a bad game and with TNA wrestelrs?
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 b3yondstupidity

i'm mad, cause i have to wait to get the game tomorrow, cause EB Games got it pushed back a daykillerband55

I saw Killer playing it, it said on his PSN lol. Killer was installing the game last time I talked to him. He hasn't came on since.. Shows he is busy lol.

Despirano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Despirano

Check it out on Gamespot.they said it is awful....critics gave it only a 6.7......I hate TNA so you cna draw your own conclusions of if Im gonna buy a bad game and with TNA wrestelrs?ErkiB

yeh im not too fond of TNA but Gamespot critics are bullsheep, they gave diff games low ratings that deserve hig ratings but i myself KNOW this game will suck

ErkiB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ErkiB

[QUOTE="ErkiB"]Check it out on Gamespot.they said it is awful....critics gave it only a 6.7......I hate TNA so you cna draw your own conclusions of if Im gonna buy a bad game and with TNA wrestelrs?Despirano

yeh im not too fond of TNA but Gamespot critics are bullsheep, they gave diff games low ratings that deserve hig ratings but i myself KNOW this game will suck

True that,Damn My spelling is going to hell......Damn I have to take my time with syping stuff.so I wont mess those easy words up.
riseagainst1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 riseagainst1

GS's ratings use to be good, but ever since the switch to the .5 system, ...no.

I use Metacritic a lot, now.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 killerband55

ok, i just played through the game, and the gameplay is a lot of fun, easy to do moves (as long as you know what the buttons are), the controls are a lot different than SvR, and the Ultimate X match is awesome,

ok the cons: you have to unlock all the moves for CAW by doing matches and getting Style Points (which could take forever), also you have to unlock like 15 wrestlers by going through story mode, barely no modes (only singles, 4 person free for all, tag match, Free for all tag, Ultimate X match 2 or 3 players, and handicap match) thats all, also no championships to defend, only 1 vs 1 for online play, so there's a lot missing from this game, but its good enough for me until SvR09 comes out

Despirano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Despirano
Is there female CAW on ur copy of the game killer?..also how did GS let u get away with the "S" word?
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 killerband55

Is there female CAW on ur copy of the game killer?..also how did GS let u get away with the "S" word?Despirano

nah, this game is all about the male wrestlers, the only Knockout you'll see is Christy Hemme and she's in story mode during cutscenes, thats it, and i'm not making a female CAW cause there's no female body parts in the CAW mode, and about the S word, i must've gotten lucky

b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 b3yondstupidity
Sounds lame. I'll get SVR 09 on PSP but I hate wasting so much money on games that I don't really like. When I get my Wii I'll get TNA for it..But that's all.
Despirano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Despirano
Yeh when I get my 360 next month I'll get SVR09 and GTA 1V, what other games are fun for XBOX360?..i mean open type games where they have freemode? was assassin's creed any good?
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Big_Evil666

ok, i just played through the game, and the gameplay is a lot of fun, easy to do moves (as long as you know what the buttons are), the controls are a lot different than SvR, and the Ultimate X match is awesome,

ok the cons: you have to unlock all the moves for CAW by doing matches and getting Style Points (which could take forever), also you have to unlock like 15 wrestlers by going through story mode, barely no modes (only singles, 4 person free for all, tag match, Free for all tag, Ultimate X match 2 or 3 players, and handicap match) thats all, also no championships to defend, only 1 vs 1 for online play, so there's a lot missing from this game, but its good enough for me until SvR09 comes out

killerband55

how do the controls compare with SvR? this sounds disappointing. having to unlock so much, u don't even have to unlock that much in the SvR games! f'n Midway, this is why they shouldn't make wrestling games and just stick to Mortal Kombat

ErkiB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 ErkiB
Yeh when I get my 360 next month I'll get SVR09 and GTA 1V, what other games are fun for XBOX360?..i mean open type games where they have freemode? was assassin's creed any good?Despirano

You like Xbox?...Damn girl did I mistake you for a sony lover.
Yeah Gta IV is phenomenal.SVR09 will be better than ever.
riseagainst1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 riseagainst1
[QUOTE="killerband55"]

Big_Evil666

how do the controls compare with SvR? this sounds disappointing. having to unlock so much, u don't even have to unlock that much in the SvR games! f'n Midway, this is why they shouldn't make wrestling games and just stick to Mortal Kombat

I like the unlocking idea. It provides more reasons to play single player. I wish Yukes would do so.

Despirano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Despirano

[QUOTE="Despirano"]Yeh when I get my 360 next month I'll get SVR09 and GTA 1V, what other games are fun for XBOX360?..i mean open type games where they have freemode? was assassin's creed any good?ErkiB

You like Xbox?...Damn girl did I mistake you for a sony lover.
Yeah Gta IV is phenomenal.SVR09 will be better than ever.

Sony hahahaha.

My cuzin is a sony fanboy he always comes around telling me how much better sony is with the stupid blu ray. i myself can careless i'll play any system but he always wants to upstage my systems with his stupid PS3 i have only owned three sony sytems sega, sega genesis and PS2. I gave them all away they got boring, im more of a nintendo, SNES N64, GC and XBOX fan but i'll play sony systems too at his house

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 killerband55
the controls arent as good as SvR
smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
HMM GS gave it a 7.0
Invisible_Kid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Invisible_Kid2
Member since 2003 • 6330 Posts
i had to use a big chunk of the money i was going to use for this game, in gas. but im renting it tomorrow. alot of the people on the shared boards are liking it. just about all of them compliment the controlls and gameplay. if i like it enough, i'll buy it.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 killerband55

i had to use a big chunk of the money i was going to use for this game, in gas. but im renting it tomorrow. alot of the people on the shared boards are liking it. just about all of them compliment the controlls and gameplay. if i like it enough, i'll buy it. Invisible_Kid2

unless you're a "HUGE" TNA fan, i would probably just rent this game and wait for SvR09