TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 TGM_basic
Member since 2003 • 6299 Posts
Just saying, but I'm judging anyone who even considers buying an Xbox One.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#102 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Just saying, but I'm judging anyone who even considers buying an Xbox One.TGM_basic

I have to agree! Anyone supporting this crappy product is automatically excluded from complaining this gen. Supporting the borrowing and used games policies together with the DRM is just flat out stupid 

chosenhype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 chosenhype
Member since 2012 • 3211 Posts

glad i watched e3, microsoft really had to come out big with all those silly internet rumors of "always on" "can't trade in games to retailers" and "used game fees" how did those even start anyway? :lol:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n13475/xbox-one-privacy-connectivity-and-game-licensing.htm?nlid=56

titanfall was the biggest surprise to me, dead rising 3 was up there too. and already wanted watch dogs and destiny and a new halo of course.

cons for xbox after they cleared up all the silly rumors was really the can't lend games to friends thing but that was really it, I never have borrowed a game from a friend without them there or vice versa, I have played my games on friends consoles but you can still do that you just have to sign on in there, I'm glad they finally came out and said no used games fee, you can still trade them in/sell them to stores, you can just turn off the always on feature in the menu or unplug the kinect, ect, but they should have done it a lot sooner before the internet trolls got their panties in a bunch over rumors :lol:i am really looking forward to all the new features and the points to money is great and i cant wait for the dvr upload thing.

ps4 cons is...its basically a ps3 with some 360 features...durp and also lacked a lot of exclusives in their conference. but its $400 which is good for them compared to the like $700 for the ps3.

biggest con of next gen is no backwards compatibilty which is why i wont get a ps4 since i didnt have a ps3, will most likely go for xbox one when its cheaper.

gamerguy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#104 gamerguy456
Member since 2009 • 19988 Posts

HIS OPINION IS DIFFERENT

GET HIM

:P

y2jassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 y2jassassin
Member since 2012 • 36 Posts

glad i watched e3, microsoft really had to come out big with all those silly internet rumors of "always on" "can't trade in games to retailers" and "used game fees" how did those even start anyway? :lol:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n13475/xbox-one-privacy-connectivity-and-game-licensing.htm?nlid=56

titanfall was the biggest surprise to me, dead rising 3 was up there too. and already wanted watch dogs and destiny and a new halo of course.

cons for xbox after they cleared up all the silly rumors was really the can't lend games to friends thing but that was really it, I never have borrowed a game from a friend without them there or vice versa, I have played my games on friends consoles but you can still do that you just have to sign on in there, I'm glad they finally came out and said no used games fee, you can still trade them in/sell them to stores, you can just turn off the always on feature in the menu or unplug the kinect, ect, but they should have done it a lot sooner before the internet trolls got their panties in a bunch over rumors :lol:i am really looking forward to all the new features and the points to money is great and i cant wait for the dvr upload thing.

ps4 cons is...its basically a ps3 with some 360 features...durp and also lacked a lot of exclusives in their conference. but its $400 which is good for them compared to the like $700 for the ps3.

biggest con of next gen is no backwards compatibilty which is why i wont get a ps4 since i didnt have a ps3, will most likely go for xbox one when its cheaper.

chosenhype
i agree on a lot of this as far as the rumors go, i cant believe how worked up people got over un-confirmed rumors, if they aren't out of the companies mouth it usually isnt true. i knew the fee for used games and not being able to sell used games wasn't true but its good to hear the always on thing can be turned off easily and kinect wont need to be plugged in to play games and its ALL straight from microsoft which is the only source you can trust. another one of those silly rumors was you need to be on every day... all that is, is you have to resign in if you have been off a day to protect you like an email or facebook making you re-enter your password if you have been off a day or 2 which takes a whole 5 seconds... i love to see people get worked up over un-confirmed rumors though before every gen, it makes me smile and chuckle!! :P you have a good point though, i wonder why microsoft waited nearly a month before confirming all those rumors were false? it could have hurt their sales and some people actually bought into it until they released all those statements basically laughing not knowing where they even came from.
spideynerd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 spideynerd3
Member since 2007 • 11049 Posts

Um, you guys do realize you don't even know half of what you are talking about, right? Microsoft confirmed everything a couple days before E3, not at E3. They confirmed that the PUBLISHERS decide if you can trade in a game. Also, you CAN lend a game to your friend, only it becomes their game, and is erased from your system as if you never had it. If you go to your friend's house and play your game via your account... You can only play the game for ONE HOUR, before you will be booted from the game and forced to play whatever your friend has. You must also connect to the internet every 24 hours, or your system WILL NOT read Video Game Discs (but will still read DVD/Blu-Rays). Most importantly, the Kinect "always on" thing was just a rumor, because people were worried about their privacy. Yes, you can turn it off, but you still HAVE TO HAVE IT ON TO PLAY A GAME, or the system doesn't work. Microsoft is now in panic mode, and they are quickly trying to think of ways to fix everything they can before November. Seriously, I'm not trying to start a system wars here, but at least do your research first! I could care less about Microsoft, and I've been keeping up with everything they've revealed. It was FROM THEIR MOUTH's that you had to connect EVERY 24 HOURS, that was NOT a rumor. If you want what will become a useless brick, more power to ya.

EDIT *Proof I'm not crazy* (These are straight from Microsoft might I add):

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies" 

Give your games to friends: "Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once."

"We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers."(Meaning Gamestop and EB Games, and that's it pretty much)

In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends. Loaning or renting games wont be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners. (Goodbye Gamefly)

JLe1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 JLe1223
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts

Just thought I put this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5yC8FbgGnd0

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 The_Last_Ride

Um, you guys do realize you don't even know half of what you are talking about, right? Microsoft confirmed everything a couple days before E3, not at E3. They confirmed that the PUBLISHERS decide if you can trade in a game. Also, you CAN lend a game to your friend, only it becomes their game, and is erased from your system as if you never had it. If you go to your friend's house and play your game via your account... You can only play the game for ONE HOUR, before you will be booted from the game and forced to play whatever your friend has. You must also connect to the internet every 24 hours, or your system WILL NOT read Video Game Discs (but will still read DVD/Blu-Rays). Most importantly, the Kinect "always on" thing was just a rumor, because people were worried about their privacy. Yes, you can turn it off, but you still HAVE TO HAVE IT ON TO PLAY A GAME, or the system doesn't work. Microsoft is now in panic mode, and they are quickly trying to think of ways to fix everything they can before November. Seriously, I'm not trying to start a system wars here, but at least do your research first! I could care less about Microsoft, and I've been keeping up with everything they've revealed. It was FROM THEIR MOUTH's that you had to connect EVERY 24 HOURS, that was NOT a rumor. If you want what will become a useless brick, more power to ya.

EDIT *Proof I'm not crazy* (These are straight from Microsoft might I add):

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies" 

Give your games to friends: "Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once."

"We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers."(Meaning Gamestop and EB Games, and that's it pretty much)

In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends. Loaning or renting games wont be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners. (Goodbye Gamefly)

spideynerd3

we know, but doesn't mean MS sucks any less 

Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Crulex1369
Member since 2008 • 2769 Posts

Argh, I just heard about DKC Tropical Freeze having Dave Wise back as the music composer, and I was so happy. Then I heard it was only on Wii U so far and now I'm banging my head on the wall. I mean, what is the point of porting DKC Returns to the 3DS and then only having this on the Wii U?

I'm just not having any luck with these exclusives this year. :P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 The_Last_Ride

Argh, I just heard about DKC Tropical Freeze having Dave Wise back as the music composer, and I was so happy. Then I heard it was only on Wii U so far and now I'm banging my head on the wall. I mean, what is the point of porting DKC Returns to the 3DS and then only having this on the Wii U?

Crulex1369

Smash Bros on 3DS, nuff said 

Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Crulex1369
Member since 2008 • 2769 Posts
[QUOTE="Crulex1369"]

The_Last_Ride

Smash Bros on 3DS, nuff said

Yeah, with Mega Man, Villager and a freaking Wii Fit Trainer. This is going to be amazing and hilarious for me.

R_FGamerChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 R_FGamerChris
Member since 2011 • 3948 Posts
Updated the first post, has someone got a list of games and other stuff that got announced by Sony? i didnt see it as i was sleeping when it was on, i'll put it on the front page as well, thanks
shoe_crap78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 shoe_crap78
Member since 2008 • 10920 Posts
So you can play the PS4 offline, right? Instead of being connected you can play "offline"?
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 The_Last_Ride

So you can play the PS4 offline, right? Instead of being connected you can play "offline"?shoe_crap78

oh yeah, no worries there, you can play it just fine, but you need to pay 5 bucks a month to play online. but you get 3 games each month for free with that and discounts on games. 

Updated the first post, has someone got a list of games and other stuff that got announced by Sony? i didnt see it as i was sleeping when it was on, i'll put it on the front page as well, thanksR_FGamerChris

i can find a list if you want and post it here

JLe1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 JLe1223
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
I just put the video in my post.....
R_FGamerChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 R_FGamerChris

i can find a list if you want and post it hereThe_Last_Ride

Please do, i would love that, thank you 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 The_Last_Ride

So far if i am not ignoring or missing:

Exclusives:

PS3 only

Gran Turismo

Puppeteer

Rain

Oddworld

PS4 (some are pc also)

The Order 1886

Killzone Shadow Fall

Infamous Second Son

Knack

DriveClub

The Witness

Deep Down (maybe exclusive)

Planetside

DC Universe Online (also on ps3 though)

Ray's the Dead

Outlast

Mad Max

Secret Poncho's

Tiny Brains

Warframe

Basement Crawl 

Diablo 3

Daylight

Transistor

Don't Starve

Octodad: Dadliast catch

Blacklight: Retribution

Hohokum

Mercenary Kings

Galak-Z

Multiplatforms:

Battlefield 4

Madden 25

NBA Live 14

NBA 2k14

UFC 14

Final Fantasy 15

Kingdom Hearts 3

Mirrors Edge

Watch Dogs

The Division

The Crew

Need for Speed Rivals

Skylanders

Call of Duty Ghosts

Thief

Pro Evolution Soccer 14

Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain

Dragon Age 3

Battlefront

Batman Arkham Origins

The Evil Within

Wolfenstein: The new Order

Destiny

The Witcher 3

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

R_FGamerChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 R_FGamerChris

So far if i am not ignoring or missing The_Last_Ride

Thanks so much, updated the front page now 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 The_Last_Ride
just so you know, it took me 20 minutes find out about that list :3
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#120 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Exclusives:

PS4 (some are pc also)

Diablo 3

The_Last_Ride

This has been announced for PS3 / Xbox 360 / PS4.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

Exclusives:

PS4 (some are pc also)

Diablo 3

Flamecommando

Really? they have only announced it for Sony 

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts
[QUOTE="Flamecommando"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

Exclusives:

PS4 (some are pc also)

Diablo 3

The_Last_Ride

Nope. Their taking pre-orders on Gamestop.com.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Flamecommando"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

Exclusives:

PS4 (some are pc also)

Diablo 3

Flamecommando

Nope. Their taking pre-orders on Gamestop.com.

Well that happend on the down low then