spideynerd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 spideynerd3
Member since 2007 • 11049 Posts

An unnamed WWE spokesperson issued the following explanation to TMZ.com regarding the release of A.W:

"Unfortunately, Brian Jossie, playing the character of A.W. was terminated because he continued to exhibit poor judgment by making offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media."

Right. I'm betting that Linda for senate twitter comment some how set them off. hmm.

Flamecommando

I'm thinking the "#VoteorDie4Linda" endorsement was the last straw for A.W. I thought that tweet was pretty funny, because it was obvious he was joking... But sadly I had a gut feeling the 'E wouldn't find it funny and kick him to the curb. Sure enough a few hours later I come here and find out he was released. 

DCSchark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#53 DCSchark
Member since 2009 • 5283 Posts
What the f#$% WWE?! :x
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts

wrestler reaction to AW getting fired has been negative

gamerguy456

funny u mention that:

Wrestler reaction to A.W.s firing by WWE on Friday for what a company spokesman said was due to his continued use of offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media after making a rape joke on the July 30 episode of Raw is said to be as negative to any termination in a long time.

Upon learning of the news, A.W. posted a barrage of Twitter messages roasting the sports-entertainment organization for what he perceives are double standards, such as Big Show making a similar remark referencing NBA player Kobe Bryants sexual assault case years ago and Vince McMahon reneging WWEs anti-bullying campaign on Raw weeks ago by ridiculing Jim Ross affliction with Bells palsy. Though it would appear that he is squashing any chance of a return to the organization with each scathing tweet, Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer sees things otherwise.

He posted on the F4WOnline.com message board, The more he says, the better his chances of being brought back in a while.

Vince has no respect for people he bullies and dont fight back.

He hired Bischoff, Bret (spent ten years begging for him to comeback and even brought him back after Bret walked out on him the day of Mania), Sable, Billy Graham, yet never touched Heenan except for one shots. I doubt even he knows it but hes playing it smart in the long run.

(source: F4WOnline.com)

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

AW continues!

"If I smoked crack or did steroids I'd get suspended but I made a joke and tweeted support Linda and I get fired. #Doesn'tAddUp #Hmmmmm."

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#56 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

my response to all of A.W.'s tweets

yep-thats-butthurt-VhsLiN.jpg

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

my response to all of A.W.'s tweets

yep-thats-butthurt-VhsLiN.jpg

ionusX
Yep. He is acting childish. He sucked anyway, I am happy he is gone.
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 baltimore088
Member since 2007 • 16738 Posts

AW continues!

"If I smoked crack or did steroids I'd get suspended but I made a joke and tweeted support Linda and I get fired. #Doesn'tAddUp #Hmmmmm."

Flamecommando

what's funny is the more he does this the more fans and popularity he will get which will result in him being re-signed (if he'd even accept) vince is so damn desperate for any popularity at all that I can see it happen

after seeing all this I hope he's back, just not with PTP

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#59 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerguy456"]

wrestler reaction to AW getting fired has been negative

Big_Evil666

funny u mention that:

Wrestler reaction to A.W.s firing by WWE on Friday for what a company spokesman said was due to his continued use of offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media after making a rape joke on the July 30 episode of Raw is said to be as negative to any termination in a long time.

Upon learning of the news, A.W. posted a barrage of Twitter messages roasting the sports-entertainment organization for what he perceives are double standards, such as Big Show making a similar remark referencing NBA player Kobe Bryants sexual assault case years ago and Vince McMahon reneging WWEs anti-bullying campaign on Raw weeks ago by ridiculing Jim Ross affliction with Bells palsy. Though it would appear that he is squashing any chance of a return to the organization with each scathing tweet, Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer sees things otherwise.

He posted on the F4WOnline.com message board, The more he says, the better his chances of being brought back in a while.

Vince has no respect for people he bullies and dont fight back.

He hired Bischoff, Bret (spent ten years begging for him to comeback and even brought him back after Bret walked out on him the day of Mania), Sable, Billy Graham, yet never touched Heenan except for one shots. I doubt even he knows it but hes playing it smart in the long run.

(source: F4WOnline.com)

Not to mention the stuff he agreed to be said about Eddie...
Avatar image for deactivated-608ba1249f50e
deactivated-608ba1249f50e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
Member since 2012 • 1698 Posts
Big Show says Kobe Bryant joke.
dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 dalejrgamer
Member since 2005 • 6840 Posts

Keep in mind that this is the same company that would fire people referencing to Linda McMahon's campaign and finds jokes about decade-old incidents offensive yet making fun of JR's Bell's Palsy is A-OK.

B A Star, everyone.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Flamecommando
AW's twitter account suspended. He made a new one though. lol
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheWalkingGhost
Big Show says Kobe Bryant joke.BurningAegis
The WWE wasn't PG when he made that joke. Not comparable.
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 baltimore088

Keep in mind that this is the same company that would fire people referencing to Linda McMahon's campaign and finds jokes about decade-old incidents offensive yet making fun of JR's Bell's Palsy is A-OK.

B A Star, everyone.

dalejrgamer

bellas on commercial: "Don't be a bully!!!"

bellas next week on raw: "eww kharma you're too fat to be pregnant or have a child, I feel bad for it and whoever did that to you"

oh vince....

baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 baltimore088

AW's twitter account suspended. He made a new one though. lolFlamecommando

...twitter can do that? never knew it was censored, that's pretty pathetic, unless they have a deal with wwe which wouldn't shock me with how damn much they plug him and try to make something pointless on there sound like it matters

Crusader628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Crusader628
Member since 2005 • 8717 Posts
[QUOTE="dalejrgamer"]

B A Star, everyone.

baltimore088

bellas next week on raw: "eww kharma you're too fat to be pregnant or have a child, I feel bad for it and whoever did that to you"

oh vince....

I said the same thing long ago.
Avatar image for deactivated-608ba1249f50e
deactivated-608ba1249f50e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
Member since 2012 • 1698 Posts

[QUOTE="Flamecommando"]AW's twitter account suspended. He made a new one though. lolbaltimore088

...twitter can do that? never knew it was censored, that's pretty pathetic, unless they have a deal with wwe which wouldn't shock me with how damn much they plug him and try to make something pointless on there sound like it matters

WWE has had a deal with Twitter for a long time. I wouldn't really call it censoring though. He was getting really nasty, not that it isn't justified or anything, I enjoyed it, lawl. WWE also has a solid deal with Youtube, but it hasn't changed anything with Youtube because Youtube is already an extremely censored site (You can flag absolutely any video as "Offensive" or "Bullying" and it will be removed no matter how unoffensive it is and even if it does not break the ToS. Youtube also allows Copyright infringement abuse. A good example is UMG flagging my video on The Legend of Zelda for the NES and making cash off of it and blocking it in a country, despite the fact that they own nothing that has to do with Zelda, at all).

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="dalejrgamer"]

B A Star, everyone.

baltimore088

oh vince....

wow, really? That is disgusting...
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 baltimore088
[QUOTE="baltimore088"]

[QUOTE="Flamecommando"]AW's twitter account suspended. He made a new one though. lolBurningAegis

WWE has had a deal with Twitter for a long time. I wouldn't really call it censoring though. He was getting really nasty, not that it isn't justified or anything, I enjoyed it, lawl. WWE also has a solid deal with Youtube, but it hasn't changed anything with Youtube because Youtube is already an extremely censored site (You can flag absolutely any video as "Offensive" or "Bullying" and it will be removed no matter how unoffensive it is and even if it does not break the ToS. Youtube also allows Copyright infringement abuse. A good example is UMG flagging my video on The Legend of Zelda for the NES and making cash off of it and blocking it in a country, despite the fact that they own nothing that has to do with Zelda, at all).

never saw it was an official deal, but I figured they had a deal after they started plugging them so much jeebus and that explains why it was suspended, never liked twitter so wasn't sure their rules, but things like FB and MS back in the day wouldn't have done anything like that unless of course vince had a deal with them also, kinda defeats the purpose of the site if you can't say whatever you want
Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Crulex1369
Member since 2008 • 2769 Posts

I love the reaction this is getting. I also love how people here say he only had one good line, but when the PTP's were on PPV, everyone in the WOTU seemed to love quoting him.

Okay, AW's jokes got a bit out there. And PTP didn't really need him. But as the black Jimmy Hart, he had some good lines and he actually tried to help his team win 9 out of 10 times (throwing shoes, acousting opponents, throwing water. He did a much better job than that pathetic cheerleader Vickie who only does typical heel manager stuff).

WWE is too fickle in their hirings, firings and suspentions to take seriously. Whether AW got what he deserved or not, the whole thing is a joke.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Flamecommando
lol. AW said the Linda tweet is why he got fired. lolololol
TwistofFate14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 TwistofFate14
Member since 2009 • 5963 Posts

lol. AW said the Linda tweet is why he got fired. lololololFlamecommando

Followed along by saying, "Wrestlers are free to vote for whoever they want to."

*facepalm* 

baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 baltimore088
well thankgod vince isn't a big george w bush fan, or half the roster would be gone by now
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 baltimore088

I love the reaction this is getting. I also love how people here say he only had one good line, but when the PTP's were on PPV, everyone in the WOTU seemed to love quoting him.

Okay, AW's jokes got a bit out there. And PTP didn't really need him. But as the black Jimmy Hart, he had some good lines and he actually tried to help his team win 9 out of 10 times (throwing shoes, acousting opponents, throwing water. He did a much better job than that pathetic cheerleader Vickie who only does typical heel manager stuff).

WWE is too fickle in their hirings, firings and suspentions to take seriously. Whether AW got what he deserved or not, the whole thing is a joke.

Crulex1369
agreed, but personally I didn't like AW with ptp, they were 100000 times better before him, but I would've liked to see him with someone else who needs to be managed like ziggler, they could've meshed well and vickie doesn't do much anyways or coulda got a whole new up and comer or rebuild someone like swag
dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 dalejrgamer
Member since 2005 • 6840 Posts
[QUOTE="baltimore088"][QUOTE="dalejrgamer"]

B A Star, everyone.

The_Last_Ride

oh vince....

Yeah, main reason why the WWE should stop with the anti-bullying messages. They can preach all they want, but words mean nothing if you don't abide by them. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="baltimore088"]

oh vince....

dalejrgamer

Yeah, main reason why the WWE should stop with the anti-bullying messages. They can preach all they want, but words mean nothing if you don't abide by them.

Well no one below 12 knows what they are talking about though. But still...
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 baltimore088
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="baltimore088"][QUOTE="dalejrgamer"]

B A Star, everyone.

dalejrgamer

oh vince....

it's so pointless in general, it's like their trying to change the way the media views them but it's not working, and a pro wrestling story line company saying "don't be a bully" would be like the NFL saying "don't get arrested"
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts
everyone keeps giving this douchebag too much publicity. he's gone move on end of story
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TheWalkingGhost
everyone keeps giving this douchebag too much publicity. he's gone move on end of storyBig_Evil666
True. Not like he was any good.