I want another video game crash to happen...? The industry is depressing now.

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YosemiteSam400
Member since 2013 • 159 Posts
Hello everyone. Please keep in my mind that this is just my opinion, so please go easy on me. I've been playing games for nearly 30 years now, and I've seen the golden years of the Industry up until now. To this day I'll still play old favorites such as the Ninja Gaiden games on the NES, the Final Fight games on the SNES, the Streets of Rage games on the genesis etc. I replay those games much more often than I do anything current. Maybe I'm old fashioned at heart when it comes to gaming, I don't know, but I still play the modern stuff and enjoy some of the games still such as Red Dead Redemption, Oblivion, Skyrim, Arkham Asylum/City, Mass Effect, etc. But when I go back and play something like Final Fight 3 for instance, I just get this great feeling at how gaming was just focused on mainly fun. Not worrying about trying to compete with the next Call of Duty, or making you go through hoops to play a game. Just pop in the cartridge, see the title screen, push start, thats it. Off to fun land you go. Whatever happen to those days? Then, depression sets in. I realize it will probably never go back to that. Gaming has become so huge that the men in suits are getting wise and will abuse and then nickel and dime you for every DLC, microtransaction, games not being released finished with the "patch it later mentality" ( Yes, I know PC's dealt with this way before consoles, I played games on the PC even back in the 90s, I know). It's just sad to see the gaming industry (strictly from the business side) just become so incredibly greedy after playing an amazing game from 20 years ago. (Yes , I know that Capcom is even somewhat guilty of this, AKA Street Fighter II reshashes) but still, it was rare back then. I understand its a business, and that the business needs a profit, but in some ways its like they don't care anymore. The level of greed has become so obvious now. They worry about getting 6 million as opposed to 4 million. Really? Like you don't have enough money as it is? The focus on the upcoming gen being mainly social media is just depressing as well. I just want a video game machine that plays games. I can do all of that other social crap and movie watching on my Roku box, facebook, etc. I just don't like the direction the industry is going, especially with the possibility of having to be online only? I mean really, wtf? For games built up with multiplayer in mind, thats alright, I don't mind that. I play games mainly to get away from people, stop forcing me to use the social features. Also used games...yeah I know its probably not going to happen with this upcoming generation, but it will happen eventually, that's pretty much a given. Human beings and their greed in such a broken economy based primarily on consumption, what a shock. In my opinion though, I firmly believe that the last great generation was the PS2 era. Back when you could still unlock outfits and cool things in games without having to go on the internet and download DLC for it. Just pop in the disc, you know you have the full game, and just have fun. I tell myself that people will eventually get sick of Call of Duty and expand their taste and see what other creative games are out there, but alas, every time a new COD game comes out, the record sales break the last, and all PUBLISHERS mainly want to do now is top the sales of Call of Duty. In some ways I think that game harmed the industry. Maybe I'm looking to deeply on it, but COD isn't the point of this post, I digress. All in all, I would like to see a video game crash of some sort happen, because honestly, I think it is the only way these publishers and the greedy men in suits will probably learn. I miss when games were only about fun, and just fun. Not which games had the best FPS, Anti aliasing and such, just fun, still playable. I'm sure I'll get some heat from you tech heads out there lol, but go easy on me with that one. I don't know, maybe I'm old fashioned, but I just wish gaming would get back to just fun, you know, without having to jump through on the hoops. Take care.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Not me. I'm having lots of fun still and I've been gaming since the early 80's. I game predominatly on the PC though. I don't deal much with DLC. The only DLC I've dealt with outside of Flight Simulator X is the Exile DLC for Hard Reset and that was free. Otherwise, I've been gaming like I always have. 

I've only been gaming SP. I quit MP once developers dropped LAN support.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#3 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Two  threads saying the same old regurgitated stuff posted in the same day. Points for creativity TC.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Like I always say, back in the PS2 days developers could make a game that was aimed at a specific audience.  Maybe it wasn't the biggest audience but that was okay;  development costs were comparatively low and if it sold a few hundred thousand copies they made a nice profit and everybody was happy.  There were a large variety of games and no matter what your tastes, there was plenty to choose from.  Now development costs are much higher, and getting higher yet next gen, so anything that's not projected to sell millions of copies at launch never gets made.  Call of Duty is the worst thing that ever happened to gaming, as every publisher is drooling to get a slice of that sales pie, and all sorts of interesting ideas never see the light of day so yet another utterly generic shooter can get made. 

Can't wait for people to eventually get sick of the online first-person shooter - that has to happen eventually, doesn't it?  It will have a gigantic impact on a lot of these publishers as they've put all their eggs in the shooter basket, and all their employees have been doing nothing but making the same game over and over for so long that they've probably long since forgotten how to make anything else.  And giant corporations are incredibly resistant to change.  All the marketing research in the world can't predict what people will turn to next once they've gotten sick of what's currently available - that requires an attitude of risk-taking and willingness to let the creative people be creative.  But with the marketing departments actually running the show and making all the decisions, that cannot happen.

YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 YosemiteSam400

Two  threads saying the same old regurgitated stuff posted in the same day. Points for creativity TC.

Lucky_Krystal
I'll translate your post. "Too many words, can only comprehend short facebook status messages with unoriginal memes".
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 YosemiteSam400
Exactly why I think a game crash should or could happen in the future. Then again, no one is forcing them to make 24 million dollar budgeted titles. I sometimes wonder why people sympathize with the developers. Its not like they care about you as a person or would care if you were jobless. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing developers are to me are tools that create entertainment. I pay you, and you can get out of my life. Thats all they really are, tools for the consumer. If the consumer isn't happy, then bye bye, plenty of other choices. Not like there isn't a truck load and more of great games already out that can last a life time.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44190 Posts
Having been an avid gamer for 35 years and having gone through the crash I would say this is not something I would want to see happen again. Personally I'm enjoying gaming more now then I ever have.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 YosemiteSam400
Having been an avid gamer for 35 years and having gone through the crash I would say this is not something I would want to see happen again. Personally I'm enjoying gaming more now then I ever have.Archangel3371
I see, so, you love being screwed and ripped off. You'd rather it continue down the path its going with less choices as well. I honestly don't understand how people can just accept being screwed by these companies. Goes to show you how apathetic people are about the powers that be.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Having been an avid gamer for 35 years and having gone through the crash I would say this is not something I would want to see happen again. Personally I'm enjoying gaming more now then I ever have.YosemiteSam400
I see, so, you love being screwed and ripped off. You'd rather it continue down the path its going with less choices as well. I honestly don't understand how people can just accept being screwed by these companies. Goes to show you how apathetic people are about the powers that be.

Yes because I should adhere to your values. :roll: Sorry but that ain't going to happen.
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

I don't want a crash to happen -- I've already lived through one and it was NOT pretty. 

However, I've also become convinced that we are closer to one than we've ever been since the last. The decisions of Sony and Microsoft hurt the industry immeasurably by allowing the Wii to become the industry leader, and they then compounded the error by insisting the generation go on longer than any before it -- a foolish idea even under a healthy market. I don't believe Nintendo holds any sway in what will happen over the next six years or so, because they've been exposed as dangerous charlatans peddling snake oil in lieu of proven concepts, but what the other two companies do most definitely will determine if there is a crash or not. It is time to go back to the basics -- solid pricing, noticeable hardware improvements, reasonable market lengths, ease of development, and eventually a market leader that the industry coalesces around so it can become healthy again. 

If that pattern doesn't reassert itself after the last eight years of madness, then I fear the industry is fvcked.

Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Godly_Cure
Member since 2007 • 4293 Posts
A crash can kill the industry. Seems kind of silly for a gamer to say that. The key is buying the good games that interest you and ignoring the rest.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 YosemiteSam400

I don't want a crash to happen -- I've already lived through one and it was NOT pretty. 

However, I've also become convinced that we are closer to one than we've ever been since the last. The decisions of Sony and Microsoft hurt the industry immeasurably by allowing the Wii to become the industry leader, and they then compounded the error by insisting the generation go on longer than any before it -- a foolish idea even under a healthy market. I don't believe Nintendo holds any sway in what will happen over the next six years or so, because they've been exposed as dangerous charletains peddling snake oil in lieu of proven concepts, but what the other two companies do most definitely will determine if there is a crash or not. It is time to go back to the basics -- solid pricing, noticeable hardware improvements, reasonable market lengths, ease of development, and eventually a market leader that the industry coalesces around so it can become healthy again. 

If that pattern doesn't reassert itself after the last eight years of madness, then I fear the industry is fvcked.

Shame-usBlackley
Ah, nice to see someone wise on the board. I agree with you honestly. It's gotten pretty out of control and they have lost complete focus. Its all about publisher now it seems, not the consumer sadly. Whats also sad, is the people that support online only and actually side and sympathize with the developers on how much money they make. The people that buy COD and support DLC and microtransactions worry me as well. Its like they don't even care about the industry, they just say "suck it up and get use to it". People like that are the reason these major corporations control the world. Sad.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YosemiteSam400
A crash can kill the industry. Seems kind of silly for a gamer to say that. The key is buying the good games that interest you and ignoring the rest.Godly_Cure
Apparently, you didn't comprehend the part where I said that the crash is the only way these companies will learn about the ridiculous business practices that they do. If you believe otherwise then I highly suggest you have your head examined, friend.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YosemiteSam400
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Having been an avid gamer for 35 years and having gone through the crash I would say this is not something I would want to see happen again. Personally I'm enjoying gaming more now then I ever have.Archangel3371

Yes because I should adhere to your values. :roll: Sorry but that ain't going to happen.

Of course it won't happen. You'll just sit idly by and just continue to support these greedy companies as the gaming industry swirls farther and farther into oblivion. "Ah, my 60 dollars towards EA's product won't be enough for them to gain profit". News flash friend, it all adds up.
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Godly_Cure
[QUOTE="Godly_Cure"]A crash can kill the industry. Seems kind of silly for a gamer to say that. The key is buying the good games that interest you and ignoring the rest.YosemiteSam400
Apparently, you didn't comprehend the part where I said that the crash is the only way these companies will learn about the ridiculous business practices that they do. If you believe otherwise then I highly suggest you have your head examined, friend.

Apparently you didn't comprehend the part where companies go bankrupt and don't recover.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

And have a bunch of people lose their jobs? I would never want that to happen. :?

YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 YosemiteSam400

And have a bunch of people lose their jobs? I would never want that to happen. :?

DJ-Lafleur
Do you think the individuals that work there don't have enough money as it is? Do you REALLY think they are making ends meet on such a well paying job? Also, do you think they'd care if you lost your job or were struggling? Exactly. Bend over and take it. They love people like you. The level of ignorance in the human race is higher than I thought. I gave people too much credit before it seems. So many people really are brainwashed by consumerism and really think they aren't being screwed over and ripped of.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 YosemiteSam400
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"]A crash can kill the industry. Seems kind of silly for a gamer to say that. The key is buying the good games that interest you and ignoring the rest.Godly_Cure

Apparently you didn't comprehend the part where companies go bankrupt and don't recover.

Other companies will take their place. Possibly better ones at that, friend.
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shame-usBlackley

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

However, I've also become convinced that we are closer to one than we've ever been since the last. The decisions of Sony and Microsoft hurt the industry immeasurably by allowing the Wii to become the industry leader, and they then compounded the error by insisting the generation go on longer than any before it -- a foolish idea even under a healthy market. I don't believe Nintendo holds any sway in what will happen over the next six years or so, because they've been exposed as dangerous charletains peddling snake oil in lieu of proven concepts, but what the other two companies do most definitely will determine if there is a crash or not. It is time to go back to the basics -- solid pricing, noticeable hardware improvements, reasonable market lengths, ease of development, and eventually a market leader that the industry coalesces around so it can become healthy again. 

YosemiteSam400

Ah, nice to see someone wise on the board. I agree with you honestly. It's gotten pretty out of control and they have lost complete focus. Its all about publisher now it seems, not the consumer sadly. Whats also sad, is the people that support online only and actually side and sympathize with the developers on how much money they make. The people that buy COD and support DLC and microtransactions worry me as well. Its like they don't even care about the industry, they just say "suck it up and get use to it". People like that are the reason these major corporations control the world. Sad.

Yes, many people have become blinded by their love of the hobby and cannot see through the lens of the consumer anymore. No better proof of that is the season pass, where people pay one third of the cost of a retail game for unnannounced content. I understand people wanting to see more content in a game they love, but anyone who buys anything sight unseen is a sucker. And that's sad, because I think these fans really think they're appreciated by these companies as something beyond being a money sponge. It's all business, all money. Can't blame the companies for milking a sucker. In marketing, they refer to those as "Cash Cows."

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shame-usBlackley

DJ-Lafleur

I don't consider that a factor at all. It's not my job to look out for the well-being of developers and publishers. It's their job to make a product I want to buy. If they don't? Too bad, have fun in the unemployment line. I am in it for me and me only. I don't owe these companies jack shlt.

Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Godly_Cure

[QUOTE="Godly_Cure"][QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"] Apparently, you didn't comprehend the part where I said that the crash is the only way these companies will learn about the ridiculous business practices that they do. If you believe otherwise then I highly suggest you have your head examined, friend.YosemiteSam400

. Other companies will take their place. Possibly better ones at that, friend.

I think you're living in a dream world. If Nintendo hadn't been able to get a foothold in the US, games might well have ceased to be sustainable entertainment. Really is not a good idea to want to cripple an industry because you aren't happy.

YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 YosemiteSam400

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

Shame-usBlackley

I don't consider that a factor at all. It's not my job to look out for the well-being of developers and publishers. It's their job to make a product I want to buy. If they don't? Too bad, have fun in the unemployment line. I am in it for me and me only. I don't owe these companies jack shlt.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Very well said, friend.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 YosemiteSam400

[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"] Apparently you didn't comprehend the part where companies go bankrupt and don't recover.Godly_Cure

. Other companies will take their place. Possibly better ones at that, friend.

I think you're living in a dream world. If Nintendo hadn't been able to get a foothold in the US, games might well have ceased to be sustainable entertainment. Really is not a good idea to want to cripple an industry because you aren't happy.

Let me make something crystal clear to you. Yes it is good to cripple the industry at this moment in time. There are plenty of games already out there to enjoy before some company would come along and revive the industry again. What? Don't believe me? History always repeats itself. You don't seem to understand the fact that crappy business practices will continue unless something drastic like a game crash happens. I also couldn't care less if it didn't recover. More than enough games out there to last 5 + more lifetimes. Really. It WILL revive AGAIN.
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Godly_Cure
[QUOTE="Godly_Cure"]

[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"]. Other companies will take their place. Possibly better ones at that, friend.YosemiteSam400

Let me make something crystal clear to you. Yes it is good to cripple the industry at this moment in time. There are plenty of games already out there to enjoy before some company would come along and revive the industry again. What? Don't believe me? History always repeats itself. You don't seem to understand the fact that crappy business practices will continue unless something drastic like game crash happens. It WILL revive AGAIN.

Foolish talk. It's never good to destroy an industry. They rarely recover.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#25 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I only buy legitimate DLC that actually adds to the game like Grand Theft Auto 4, Fallout New Vegas, or Rock Band. I don't go anywhere near microtransactions in $60 games or Day 1 DLC, and buy quality games games like the Forza series.

Anyone who wants an industry crash needs a reality check. The consequences of such a thing would be devestating.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"] I see, so, you love being screwed and ripped off. You'd rather it continue down the path its going with less choices as well. I honestly don't understand how people can just accept being screwed by these companies. Goes to show you how apathetic people are about the powers that be.

Of course it won't happen. You'll just sit idly by and just continue to support these greedy companies as the gaming industry swirls farther and farther into oblivion. "Ah, my 60 dollars towards EA's product won't be enough for them to gain profit". News flash friend, it all adds up.

:lol: Such a hypocrite you are. You start off by saying that this is just your opinion and for people to go easy on you but as soon as someone shares a differing opinion you proceed to crap all over them. I buy what I want to buy which may or may not be of worth to you but I don't care. There's only one person that needs to be satisfied with the purchases that I make and that person is ... me. There's your "news flash" bub.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 YosemiteSam400

I only buy legitimate DLC that actually adds to the game like Grand Theft Auto 4, Fallout New Vegas, or Rock Band. I don't go anywhere near microtransactions in $60 games or Day 1 DLC, and buy quality games games like the Forza series.

Anyone who wants an industry crash needs a reality check. The consequences of such a thing would be devestating.

speedfreak48t5p
What consequence would that be? Not being able to see new games? Like there isn't enough out there as it is? Would you rather see gaming continue its path toward social networking garbage with always online internet? The people here..I swear, they are a slave to the companies and gaming in general. It worries me.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 YosemiteSam400
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Yes because I should adhere to your values. :roll: Sorry but that ain't going to happen.

:lol: Such a hypocrite you are. You start off by saying that this is just your opinion and for people to go easy on you but as soon as someone shares a differing opinion you proceed to crap all over them. I buy what I want to buy which may or may not be of worth to you but I don't care. There's only one person that needs to be satisfied with the purchases that I make and that person is ... me. There's your "news flash" bub.

Alrighty, if you want to contribute to the garbage that the industry is becoming, by all means. I can rest easy knowing for a fact now that most people don't care, and most gamers that purchase from these greedy companies are the reason the industry is failing. But at least I can say I didn't contribute toward it. Its such a sad thing that you even have that mentality.
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Godly_Cure
[QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"]

YosemiteSam400
What consequence would that be? Not being able to see new games? Like there isn't enough out there as it is? Would you rather see gaming continue its path toward social networking garbage with always online internet? The people here..I swear, they are a slave to the companies and gaming in general. It worries me.

Newsflash developers/publishers put out the product that skews to the consumers interests. If no one buys the products or not very many so that the social networking etc isn't what the consumers want then they won't go that way. Thus far they seem to think it's what people want. We'll see when they launch.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 YosemiteSam400
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"]

Godly_Cure

Newsflash developers/publishers put out the product that skews to the consumers interests. If no one buys the products or not very many so that the social networking etc isn't what the consumers want then they won't go that way. Thus far they seem to think it's what people want. We'll see when they launch.

"What the people" is garbage apparently. You seem to be on that side that supports Call of Duty and all of that other garbage thats harming the industry. I'm very passionate about this hobby and to see it being destroyed by the "casuals" and people such as yourself that support these crappy business practices makes a little piece of me die inside. Justin Bieber sells a ton of records and is popular i mean, thats what the people want right? Like you? Yeah, see my point?
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

I absolutely love the naivety of people who claim businesses that exist to make profits are "greedy."

Is that opposed to companies that exist to NOT make any money at all or take enough losses to put themselves out of business as soon as they've started?

It's nothing but a sad sense of entitlement that deludes people into thinking companies should just give their stuff away for free just "because" ...

You don't like something, don't buy it. Whining about it and insulting people that don't agree with your "opinion" isn't going to change a thing, in reality.

Also adding "friend" to the end of all of your sentences doesn't null everything that came before it. Insulting someone and adding friend to it just makes you come across as a douche, friend.

YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 YosemiteSam400

I absolutely love the naivety of people who claim businesses that exist to make profits are "greedy."

Is that opposed to companies that exist to NOT make any money at all or take enough losses to put themselves out of business as soon as they've started?

It's nothing but a sad sense of entitlement that deludes people into thinking companies should just give their stuff away for free just "because" ...

You don't like something, don't buy it. Whining about it and insulting people that don't agree with your "opinion" isn't going to change a thing, in reality.

Also adding "friend" to the end of all of your sentences doesn't null everything that came before it. Insulting someone and adding friend to it just makes you come across as a douche, friend.

Phantom_Leo
I never said it should be free. You completely didn't comprehend the point of the post, in fact, please unplug your keyboard and grow reading comprehension first and maybe some common sense. Because you love being screwed from behind apparently. (figuratively of course). I said the bad business practices of this generation and the one coming up is ruining the industry in general, milking and diming consumers with microtransactions for 60 dollar games is absurd. Apparently, you don't understand the levels of greed and how there are different degrees of greed as well. Never , EVER did I say anything should be free. Then again, you were probably born after 1997. Another victim of the Call of Duty generation.
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Godly_Cure
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"][QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"] What consequence would that be? Not being able to see new games? Like there isn't enough out there as it is? Would you rather see gaming continue its path toward social networking garbage with always online internet? The people here..I swear, they are a slave to the companies and gaming in general. It worries me.

"What the people" is garbage apparently. You seem to be on that side that supports Call of Duty and all of that other garbage thats harming the industry. I'm very passionate about this hobby and to see it being destroyed by the "casuals" and people such as yourself that support these crappy business practices makes a little piece of me die inside. Justin Bieber sells a ton of records and is popular i mean, thats what the people want right? Like you? Yeah, see my point?

No I don't. It seems to me you want to dictate for others.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 YosemiteSam400
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"]Newsflash developers/publishers put out the product that skews to the consumers interests. If no one buys the products or not very many so that the social networking etc isn't what the consumers want then they won't go that way. Thus far they seem to think it's what people want. We'll see when they launch.Godly_Cure

*sigh* people born after 1990 are completely hopeless.
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Godly_Cure
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"][QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"] "What the people" is garbage apparently. You seem to be on that side that supports Call of Duty and all of that other garbage thats harming the industry. I'm very passionate about this hobby and to see it being destroyed by the "casuals" and people such as yourself that support these crappy business practices makes a little piece of me die inside. Justin Bieber sells a ton of records and is popular i mean, thats what the people want right? Like you? Yeah, see my point?

Good news for you then. I was born before 1990 so your attempt at an insult failed hard.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Phantom_Leo

Who else is getting the impression that this is a formerly banned and obviously bitter troll who created a new profile just to post something inflammatory, just for the opportunity to insult people?

You really seem to try too hard, friend.

YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 YosemiteSam400
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"]No I don't. It seems to me you want to dictate for others.Godly_Cure

Good news for you then. I was born before 1990 so your attempt at an insult failed hard.

Nah, pretty sure its a fact. Please don't lie. You don't have enough common sense to be born before 1990.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 YosemiteSam400

Who else is getting the impression that this is a formerly banned and obviously bitter troll who created a new profile just to post something inflammatory, just for the opportunity to insult people?

Phantom_Leo
Another post that shows your ignorance. Keep living in it, people love ignorance. Its bliss. But yeah, once again you missed the point of my initial post.
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Godly_Cure
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"][QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"] *sigh* people born after 1990 are completely hopeless.

Nah, pretty sure its a fact. Please don't lie. You don't have enough common sense to be born before 1990.

Judging from your posts I'd guess you were burn in the 2Ks right?
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 YosemiteSam400
[QUOTE="Godly_Cure"][QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"] Good news for you then. I was born before 1990 so your attempt at an insult failed hard.

Trust me when I say this. I'm older than you. Stop derailing the post and stay on topic. Better yet, just keep throwing your money toward EA and Activision, Capcom too while your add it. Add fuel to the flames of this decaying industry.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Phantom_Leo

:lol:

I love topics like this!

Wah! The game industry isn't going exactly as I say it should!

Wah! Everyone should lose their jobs because they don't make games that I like to play anymore!

For someone who claims to have been playing games for 30 years, you certainly have a entitled teenager view of reality.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#42 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Phantom_Leo
I wonder what will happen if I mention I don't like RPG's and much rather play a racing game like PGR or Forza. I can't see TC being anything but friendly about that.
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Godly_Cure
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"][QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"] Nah, pretty sure its a fact. Please don't lie. You don't have enough common sense to be born before 1990.

Trust me when I say this. I'm older than you. Stop derailing the post and stay on topic. Better yet, just keep throwing your money toward EA and Activision, Capcom too while your add it. Add fuel to the flames of this decaying industry.

I doubt that seriously. You post like a young teen.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 YosemiteSam400
[QUOTE="Godly_Cure"][QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"] Judging from your posts I'd guess you were burn in the 2Ks right?

No. I really don't. I make valid points and you can't accept the fact that you and most others that have posted in my thread contribute to the dying industry. You show support of the terrible business practices with how you vote with your wallet. Honestly, I can't explain it any clearer toward you If I were a teen, I would post things like "lol u cow ps4 will have the best graphics!!' Or whatever some dumb ass popular term is to define someone loyal to a company. Honestly, I worry about people like that myself. Usually, an unpopular opinion is met with "hes a teenage kid, or you post like a teen" Typical really.
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 YosemiteSam400

I love topics like this!

Wah! The game industry isn't going exactly as I say it should!

Wah! Everyone should lose their jobs because they don't make games that I like to play anymore!

For someone who claims to have been playing games for 30 years, you certainly have a entitled teenager view of reality.

Phantom_Leo
No, I don't. Teenagers wouldn't care one way or the other since they really don't know any better, nor were they around when games were in the golden years. Your futile attempts at immature insults is quite sad. Please grow up.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"] Of course it won't happen. You'll just sit idly by and just continue to support these greedy companies as the gaming industry swirls farther and farther into oblivion. "Ah, my 60 dollars towards EA's product won't be enough for them to gain profit". News flash friend, it all adds up.

Alrighty, if you want to contribute to the garbage that the industry is becoming, by all means. I can rest easy knowing for a fact now that most people don't care, and most gamers that purchase from these greedy companies are the reason the industry is failing. But at least I can say I didn't contribute toward it. Its such a sad thing that you even have that mentality.

I don't support "garbage" I support what I like regardless of if you like it or not. If you don't like something then by all means don't support it just don't expect other people to automatically do the same. It's not about caring or not caring it's about people having different opinions about what they deem as value. I don't think it's sad at all. I'm having a great time in gaming, like I said previously better then ever. :D
YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 YosemiteSam400
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"]:lol: Such a hypocrite you are. You start off by saying that this is just your opinion and for people to go easy on you but as soon as someone shares a differing opinion you proceed to crap all over them. I buy what I want to buy which may or may not be of worth to you but I don't care. There's only one person that needs to be satisfied with the purchases that I make and that person is ... me. There's your "news flash" bub.Archangel3371

I don't support "garbage" I support what I like regardless of if you like it or not. If you don't like something then by all means don't support it just don't expect other people to automatically do the same. It's not about caring or not caring it's about people having different opinions about what they deem as value. I don't think it's sad at all. I'm having a great time in gaming, like I said previously better then ever. :D

Me not supporting it doesn't do much when tools like you support the bad business practices. I mean, I'm not going to support it anyway, but the majority will, such as yourself. You are enabler of these bad business practices and you will cause other gamers to be ripped off by the companies in the future. You clearly don't understand the term voting with your wallet, and honestly, if you honestly do give money to these companies, then I will put it bluntly. You're stupid. Sorry, but it had to be said.
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Godly_Cure
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"][QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"] Trust me when I say this. I'm older than you. Stop derailing the post and stay on topic. Better yet, just keep throwing your money toward EA and Activision, Capcom too while your add it. Add fuel to the flames of this decaying industry.

No. I really don't. I make valid points and you can't accept the fact that you and most others that have posted in my thread contribute to the dying industry. You show support of the terrible business practices with how you vote with your wallet. Honestly, I can't explain it any clearer toward you If I were a teen, I would post things like "lol u cow ps4 will have the best graphics!!' Or whatever some dumb ass popular term is to define someone loyal to a company. Honestly, I worry about people like that myself. Usually, an unpopular opinion is met with "hes a teenage kid, or you post like a teen" Typical really.

Ironic post is ironic. You're the one that started the attack on age. It was wrong of course. But you still used that tactic. Typical really.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Phantom_Leo

Difference of opinion = "You're stupid."

Uh-oh, Archie! I fear you've just been "Pwned" by a teen-ager!

YosemiteSam400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 YosemiteSam400
[QUOTE="YosemiteSam400"][QUOTE="Godly_Cure"]I doubt that seriously. You post like a young teen.Godly_Cure

Ironic post is ironic. You're the one that started the attack on age. It was wrong of course. But you still used that tactic. Typical really.

I'll be the bigger man. (As I always am). I'll be the mature one in walk away from your ignorance since you are beyond help. (Not insulting, just stating a fact). Have a good day paying for your over priced dlc and paying to win at a game you payed 60 dollars for in the future. Hope you love it.