The Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

With The Walking Dead Season 3 premiering tonight, I think it's best we have a place to discuss our love of The Walking Dead.

So who's excited!:D

--------------

admin notice: This topic was featured in the Off-Topic Haloween celebration thread! Please feel free to continue the discussion if you'd like.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
It's already going in a better direction than last year. All action, no words.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Watching right now. Been waiting for this for aoooo long!

Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

LostProphetFLCL
Pshh, all of a sudden everyone is a headshot expert?
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PhazonBlazer

Marshall's beard FTW!:P

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

SonyNintendoFan

Pshh, all of a sudden everyone is a headshot expert?

What can I say, Shane's a hell of a shooting instructor! :P

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
Maybe I missed it but was it said how much time passed from last season's final episode to this one? Judging by the growth of Lori's stomach it looks like a lot.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PhazonBlazer

Maybe I missed it but was it said how much time passed from last season's final episode to this one? Judging by the growth of Lori's stomach it looks like a lot.-Fromage-

I think it went from Fall to Spring the way they talk about Winter.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

I still have low hopes for Season 3 after the massive fail that was Season 2, but y'know, the Prison arc still is the defining storyline of the comics so I'll give the season a chance.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kurushio
I would say ouch sums up the end lol.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PhazonBlazer

I would say ouch sums up the end lol.Kurushio

I wonder if he'll live.:shock:

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kurushio

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]I would say ouch sums up the end lol.PhazonBlazer

Im sure he will. It's only a flesh wound.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PhazonBlazer

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]I would say ouch sums up the end lol.Kurushio

Yeah but doesn't a bite increase the rate of the infection or something?

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

[QUOTE="-Fromage-"]Maybe I missed it but was it said how much time passed from last season's final episode to this one? Judging by the growth of Lori's stomach it looks like a lot.PhazonBlazer

I think I heard something about it being a 6 month stretch. Episode was definitely in the top 5 so far.

18 miles out, Better angels, Ts-19, Save the last one, and this one, Seed have been incredible. The entire premiere was just incredible though....and the ending:(:o

Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
It was a good episode.. I just wish they didn't skip all those months.. But only a minor complaint.. But I found it funny at the end of season 2 the camera panned out and you could see the prison. They weren't that far from it.. Yet it takes them months to find it??
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Glad to see the cafeteria prisoners. I'm curious about how the tv series portrays them.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kurushio

[QUOTE="Kurushio"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

PhazonBlazer

If you watched all of last season you would have found out that they are actually already infected and they only become a zombie when they die. I agree that it's hard to believe that they went months and were only a couple miles away from the prison the entire time. Also wondering where they found 2 silencers lol.
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mccoyca112

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="Kurushio"] Im sure he will. It's only a flesh wound.Kurushio

If you watched all of last season you would have found out that they are actually already infected and they only become a zombie when they die. I agree that it's hard to believe that they went months and were only a couple miles away from the prison the entire time. Also wondering where they found 2 silencers lol.

Talking dead just discussed that right now actually.. Between them not exactly knowing it was there, and the herds strongly driving them to take the paths they were, it kind of just happened like that. When the herds passed, it more or less gave them a beeline, and when scouting, rick & daryl stumbled upon it. The silencers, I assume, are hand made. How...beats me.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Pretty exciting stuff. I still always feel like they're not careful when meleeing the zombies though, when it comes to getting blood into openings etc.

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
Pretty cool episode. Carl doesn't seem nearly as annoying, but he still needs to die.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kurushio

[QUOTE="Kurushio"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

mccoyca112

Talking dead just discussed that right now actually.. Between them not exactly knowing it was there, and the herds strongly driving them to take the paths they were, it kind of just happened like that. When the herds passed, it more or less gave them a beeline, and when scouting, rick & daryl stumbled upon it. The silencers, I assume, are hand made. How...beats me.

Yeah i just watched that as well but seems like a flimsy excuse. As for the silencers you can just make them by hand. You would need at the very least a well equipped machine shop and a very good knowledge of firearms. I dont remember them even having what i think are both 1911's. I think carl stole one from a bike but Rick always had his revolver.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PhazonBlazer

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="Kurushio"] Im sure he will. It's only a flesh wound.Kurushio

Yeah I just thought maybe the bites gave them the fever which would eventually kill them, but I guess they explain that by chopping off his leg and stopping the infection from spreading.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mccoyca112

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

[QUOTE="Kurushio"] If you watched all of last season you would have found out that they are actually already infected and they only become a zombie when they die. I agree that it's hard to believe that they went months and were only a couple miles away from the prison the entire time. Also wondering where they found 2 silencers lol.Kurushio

Yeah i just watched that as well but seems like a flimsy excuse. As for the silencers you can just make them by hand. You would need at the very least a well equipped machine shop and a very good knowledge of firearms. I dont remember them even having what i think are both 1911's. I think carl stole one from a bike but Rick always had his revolver.

I guess I can agree with you on that. But it's something I suppose. Better something than nothing. The silencers...couldn't certain materials just be compatible? Rick is pretty adaptable, but I have no idea how extensive the time frame goes into finding everything they need to make it work.

If I had any complaints though, it'd be certain things in the prison. Prison beds aren't comfortable. That's a deliberate decision when it comes to prisons, but I don't know. Maybe it's because they've slept on hardwood and grass, so a bed( a bad one at that) is a welcome change. My brother was in jail in & he also pointed that out, so when they mentioned it being soft, I sorta gave him a look, and he knew exactly what I was thinking. Also the guard tower inside was too high up. The blind spots wouldn't make for a realistic approach, but I guess it could be chalked up to being an older prison.

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

I think T-Dog had more dialog in this episode than he did in the entire second season. And I'm counting the woo. That is considerable improvement for him.

Also, Carl and Lori weren't annoying and walkers made me jump. Overall: success. I'm looking foward to this season.

leathaltaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 leathaltaco
Member since 2011 • 222 Posts

[QUOTE="-Fromage-"]Maybe I missed it but was it said how much time passed from last season's final episode to this one? Judging by the growth of Lori's stomach it looks like a lot.PhazonBlazer

according to the comics, 3 months had pass and in those 3 months rick trained everybody in guns, thats why carl was so good

leathaltaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 leathaltaco
Member since 2011 • 222 Posts

my fav parts were where carol was given the AK-47 and where rick moved the mask off that one zombie and his enite face fell off. also i literally started watching season 2 on netlix yesterday, and finished it today 45 mins before the premiere, so i'm pretty cleared up on a lot of thing.

also am i the only one who is happy that shane died?

TEAM GLEN!!!!!!

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kurushio

[QUOTE="Kurushio"][QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

mccoyca112

I guess I can agree with you on that. But it's something I suppose. Better something than nothing. The silencers...couldn't certain materials just be compatible? Rick is pretty adaptable, but I have no idea how extensive the time frame goes into finding everything they need to make it work.

If I had any complaints though, it'd be certain things in the prison. Prison beds aren't comfortable. That's a deliberate decision when it comes to prisons, but I don't know. Maybe it's because they've slept on hardwood and grass, so a bed( a bad one at that) is a welcome change. My brother was in jail in & he also pointed that out, so when they mentioned it being soft, I sorta gave him a look, and he knew exactly what I was thinking. Also the guard tower inside was too high up. The blind spots wouldn't make for a realistic approach, but I guess it could be chalked up to being an older prison.

It's probably been a long time since most of them have slept in a bed, especially if 3 months or so have passed since the farm. I would imagine any bed would feel pretty good. It's a ton of work to make a functioning silencer that works and doesnt blow up. You just cant do that by hand. Maybe they found a gun store that had them since i dont remember them having the extra gun nor the AK. Also with how many rounds they are firing you would think they would be a bit more cautious with ammo. It's not like they are still making rounds and everyone else would want a gun and ammo that is still alive.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

My only gripe is that there's a lack of recoil when they're firing their guns.

But of course, this is a television show so I don't really care, otherwise I thought it was action-packed and a brilliant start to Season 3. Also, nice to see some new zombies (the Swat Zombies or Swatbies)... No? Swatbies anyone?

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PhazonBlazer

I loved when Maggie said "Did you see that?" After she killed one of the armored zombies.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
Carl is lucky, he's going to tap that young girl.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LostProphetFLCL

my fav parts were where carol was given the AK-47 and where rick moved the mask off that one zombie and his enite face fell off. also i literally started watching season 2 on netlix yesterday, and finished it today 45 mins before the premiere, so i'm pretty cleared up on a lot of thing.

also am i the only one who is happy that shane died?

TEAM GLEN!!!!!!

leathaltaco

Heh, I was saying after the 3rd episode of last season that there was no way Shane was surviving the season. :P

notsoawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 notsoawesome
Member since 2011 • 629 Posts

Less drama and more action, nice. I expect a better balance of the two for all the episodes in this season.

But I hope the characters still get developed and feel a bit more important. The first episode felt like it missed that. Also [spoiler] that amputation part seemed too rushed in to fit in the episode. [/spoiler] They got the action fine so far, but they still have to watch the pacing and characters.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
Just saw it now (a bit late) and I agree it was awesome....... hope this quality stays consistent for the rest of the season!
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

Less drama and more action, nice. I expect a better balance of the two for all the episodes in this season.

But I hope the characters still get developed and feel a bit more important. The first episode felt like it missed that. Also [spoiler] that amputation part seemed too rushed in to fit in the episode. [/spoiler] They got the action fine so far, but they still have to watch the pacing and characters.

notsoawesome
[spoiler] it was meant to be rushed because they didn't know how fast the infection will go after he was bitten. also they were showing how rick was now running things now. that's why there wasn't that much character development. [/spoiler]
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kurushio
Im pretty sure they amputated the leg because there was no point in trying to save it and he was just going to lose blood. I dont remember them ever saying that a bite will infect them when they are already infected.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PhazonBlazer

Im pretty sure they amputated the leg because there was no point in trying to save it and he was just going to lose blood. I dont remember them ever saying that a bite will infect them when they are already infected.Kurushio

In like the first episode they talked about when a person got bit they would have a high fever and they would eventually die because of the fever.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dracolich55
Also..... [spoiler] T-Dog actually got some lines :p [/spoiler]
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
The episode was decent. More action in this episode then all of season 2. Was a little surprised of how much they showed of them trying to save Herschel. I thought it was gory for TV. The prisoners; some will help and some won't. Wish they explained more of what happened during the winter. Rick doesn't appear to care for Lori much. Quite different than the comics. Somethings I like about that and other things are okay.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

My only gripe is that there's a lack of recoil when they're firing their guns.

But of course, this is a television show so I don't really care, otherwise I thought it was action-packed and a brilliant start to Season 3. Also, nice to see some new zombies (the Swat Zombies or Swatbies)... No? Swatbies anyone?

leviathan91

I noticed that too. And the revolver cylinders don't turn.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pirate700

Carl is lucky, he's going to tap that young girl. lonewolf604
He's like 10...

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pirate700

Im pretty sure they amputated the leg because there was no point in trying to save it and he was just going to lose blood. I dont remember them ever saying that a bite will infect them when they are already infected.Kurushio
Nope...if you get bit, it's game over.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Carl is lucky, he's going to tap that young girl. Pirate700

He's like 10...

... and the actress herself is well into her 20s.

Dislike the end of ep, what a tease.

hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hensothor
Member since 2011 • 522 Posts
But a bite does not infect, a bite simply kills.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pirate700

The episode was decent. More action in this episode then all of season 2. Was a little surprised of how much they showed of them trying to save Herschel. I thought it was gory for TV. The prisoners; some will help and some won't. Wish they explained more of what happened during the winter. Rick doesn't appear to care for Lori much. Quite different than the comics. Somethings I like about that and other things are okay.Swanogt19
:lol: I was a bit surprised by the amputation also. I hope he survives somehow.

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#46 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]Im pretty sure they amputated the leg because there was no point in trying to save it and he was just going to lose blood. I dont remember them ever saying that a bite will infect them when they are already infected.Pirate700

Nope...if you get bit, it's game over.

Unless the infection of the bite was unable to spread any further through his body. I doubt the bite instantly spreads the fever. I'm sure he'll be alright (well, as alright as you can be with one leg).
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Carl is lucky, he's going to tap that young girl. Pirate700

He's like 10...

And zombies aren't real. Who cares, he's going to get some!!!!!
Gneg_Salaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gneg_Salaban
Member since 2005 • 406 Posts
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Carl is lucky, he's going to tap that young girl. lonewolf604

He's like 10...

Do you both mind if I sig that? Absolutely hilarious! On topic: I thought the episode was great! As they were exploring the dark area of the prison I expected someone to get bit. I really enjoyed watching Darryl as strong number 2. He knew exactly what to do while he let Rick handle his situation with Herchel.
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dracolich55
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Carl is lucky, he's going to tap that young girl. lonewolf604

He's like 10...

It seems more like a friendship thing to me... like Carl has someone connect to as he's just a kid, not to mention Sophie is dead so I guess the girl is going to fill that void. Remember, at the end of the day TWD is still a Drama, so character interactions matter quite a bit.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Good episode. I did kind of want to see how they would handle winter but whatever.
Carl is lucky, he's going to tap that young girl. lonewolf604
I know beggars can't be choosers for Beth's sake (is that even her name?) but that's a f*cked up relationship. At least Shane would be proud though