1.lerfish's Poetry Thread

2.Metal Shadow Volume I: Element

3.a-7493-23's Poetry Thread.

Top 10 Writers:

1.lerfish

2.iloveflash

3.a-7493-23

To participate in the Prestige System, follow these steps:

1) Post a work! Let others read it and send their feedback, edit as need be, then/or

2) Add a poll to your thread with options for a 4-star rating down to a 1-star rating. Users may then vote on your piece at their discretion. Each vote adds the respective number of Prestige Points to your work.

3) Tally the score. If your work is a series or collection, multiply the score by the number of pieces in the thread. More elaborately, if each piece in the thread is more than 20k words, increment the multiplier by +1 per 10k words (i.e. 10k words = PP w/o multiplier; 20k words = PP x2; 30k words = PP x3; or in a series/collection with multiple pieces: 20k words + 20k words = PP x(2+2); 30k words + 10k words + 40k words = PP x(3+0+4), etc.) If the math is too confusing, leave it to me. Be aware that deleting the poll will invalidate your score automatically.

4) Submit your points by adding the work to your portfolio in THIS THREAD. Put a link to the work in question as well as the Prestige Points it has earned. And...you're done! Your work is up for ranking and winning awards! The works with the highest scores will even make it to the Top 10 Works listing!

In short, you Post, Poll, Tally, Submit. Thus you earn Ppts. [/corny acronyms]

A few more things you can do to make this system work efficiently:

- Tally the score of your entire portfolio to signal that you want to be placed in the Top 10 Users list. This total score will act as your new Prestige level.

- In your portfolio, organize works by month to signal that you want to be on the Top 10 Works list and/or year to signal that you want to be nominated for the Hall of Fame "Best Writing/Writer" categories that year.

- In your Portfolio, organize works by category to signal that you want to be nominated for a Hall of Fame category at the end of the year. (Exact categories can be found in the Hall of Fame in TWL Central.) Check out my portfolio below to see how it is done.

- Add the Prestige Poll to previous works if you want to gain Prestige Points for them. Be sure to bump the thread afterward.

- Print these scores somewhere that people can see them! Not everyone enjoys going all the way back to a thread and doing the hard maths just to figure out your score. Posting the score in your portfolio is mandatory if you do actually plan to participate in the Prestige System.

- If you are an officer, I encourage you to create polls for works that are no longer regulated by their authors. But hold out for this month; I have something fun planned for the union regarding that. ;)

- If your work is a series or collection, the prestige score will be multiplied by the number of works in the thread. If it has been updated, be sure to move it to the month it was last updated in your portfolio.

Start polling your works now! All works and users will be tallied in the respective Top 10 lists as a part of beta testing on the System.

NOTE: This thread is NOT THE PLACE FOR DISCUSSION. Any and all off-topic posts will be deleted without exception.

iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 iloveflash
Member since 2005 • 4760 Posts

Portfolios

Uncategorized

Level 0 - Nobody
(0 - 99pts.)