irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 irmeleeman5995
Member since 2005 • 2484 Posts
The situation: You have three civilians locked up in a room guarded by an unknown number of armed terrorists, prepared to blow up everyone inside if necessary.

The setting: A room on the first floor of a building shielded from view and/or sniper fire by blinds, but with large windows and two doors on either end. Hostages are blindfolded, strapped to chairs, and guarded by armed men. There are explosives littered about the room.

The best people for the job: SFOD-D, or Delta Force.

The plan: Because the two doors are on opposite sides of the room from one another, breaching through both simultaneously is dangerous and heightens the chance of blue-on-blue fire, as in, shooting your teammates. The windows are blocked from view by blinds, so sniper action is out. What would Delta do?

The first thing to do is soften up the opposition with a flashbang, or stun grenade. Its blinding flash and deafening roar don't just eliminate two crucial senses, but they screw with the body's balance (maintained by your inner ear) and often cause disorientation, confusion, nausea, and/or panic. The fuse on a flashbang is a mere two seconds from pin pull to detonation, so the timing has to be swift. You can't afford to swing open a door and alert your enemies for a half second before you toss it in, so throwing it ahead of you, through the door, is not ideal. Instead, two operators outdoors would begin the lightning takedown of the room. One operator pulls the pin on the grenade and winds it back to throw. Another, armed with a shotgun loaded with special shells, shoots one of the windows cleanly out, to eliminate possible obstruction. As soon as he shoots, the grenade is tossed through the window into the room.

The rest of the team is waiting outside the door. They've already placed a breaching charge on it, and they detonate it as soon as they hear the shotgun blast. No need to waste time throwing open a door when you can simply blow it into manageable pieces that are thrown clear out of your way. Not only is the door obliterated, but a poor sap standing next to it is thrown to the floor by the concussive force of the little shaped charge. The men flow into the room, then, gracefully and fluidly pouring around the corner. Time stops: these men have practiced this maneuver so many times that it is executed flawlessly. In less than a second, they have leveled their MP5A5 submachine guns and taken in the entire layout of the room, explosives, hostages, and enemies. They calmly but quickly squeeze off semi-automatic fire to each hostile's forehead.

Delta operators aren't like conventional soldiers, who aim for center of mass for the best likelihood of contact and critical injury. They operate in an environment where there are no second chances, no margin for error, and lives of innocent people are on the line. They go for the guaranteed kill--the headshot--and they never miss. Before all of the 9mm shell casings have landed on the floor, the disoriented and startled terrorists have been efficiently dispatched and permanently taken out of the fight.

The operators take a few moments to secure the room, make sure hostiles are killed, and release the hostages. But they already know with utter certainty that their targets are all dead.

The entire assault lasted about 4.5 seconds.
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

In reality: if the hostages survive they are then arrested as potential threats, and probably alive, but unlikely to be heard of again. :P

Assuming of course that they were hostages. >_>

Anyway good to see you around, and another good read from you! 8)

irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 irmeleeman5995

Haha I dunno how YOU do it down under, Foolz, but that's not how WE do it...

*suppresses laugh* 

*Hits submit button*

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

Haha I dunno how YOU do it down under, Foolz, but that's not how WE do it...

*suppresses laugh* 

*Hits submit button*

irmeleeman5995

You're right actually. Australia generally uses its special forces to do the dirty work in American wars, because America's special forces are too busy being used a cannon fodder. :P

irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 irmeleeman5995
I cannot describe how hard I just laughed at that :lol:
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#6 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

Probably just my insane mind, but when you said the shotgun was loaded with special shells, I pictured him having blue shells from Mario kart in his gun, and it made me laugh out loud. :lol: I know too little about weapons. I'll probably be one of the first to go in a zombie apocalypse.

Oh, and foolz was funny too.

Good tribute. I don't personally have much expirience with the military, so most of it is new to me - but I still thought blue-on-blue fire was pretty self-explanatory.

irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 irmeleeman5995

Hahaha oh man. BLUE SHELL! INCOMING AHHHH! *BOOM*

I cracked up. But yeah I guess it's kind of self explanatory, but better throw it in there than confuse someone.

irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 irmeleeman5995
It's hard to compare SAS and Delta, but "experts" tend to say SAS is the best, whereas Delta tends to say they're the best :P But yeah the Mossad is pretty terrifying, as is the normal Israeli special forces like Sayaret Matkal
sandyqbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 sandyqbg
Member since 2007 • 7090 Posts

I think India's Special forces gotta be the worst(at least for now). They'd probably walk right up to the terrorist and shoot the hostage near him

Oh and by the way, if one of the terrorists had had a trigger in their hand, any sudden movement or noise might have caused him to instinctively press the button 

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#11 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
I don't know if Norway even have special forces :P