solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 solidsarlo
Member since 2009 • 118 Posts

Moving this over from the board at gamefaqs.

I am currently involved in a TMNUR which I started yesterday and am currently just past the puzzle with the dead guy floating around the room.

As far as the run it has been going well. I defeated Theseus on my first try (no longer a noob to his brand) and struggled with the BK but got through it. As I said over there I am really good at BK but struggle on stage 3 (I'm sure many do). I need a better strategy but probably at a later time since after this I plan on doing side by side NUR+ and GKTMNUR or just the latter. Collisions rock my socks.

edit: Alright I got all the way up to the wraiths of asphodel and since those infuriating nuisances infuriate me beyond belief i decided to stop playing there.

The first TM was a joke once you get his arms spinning around he will keep doing that and give you ample time to run in and T, T him with the BH, and before you know it minigame prompt. I didn't even get hit during this one.

Euryale was not much of a threat I just had to keep restarting her first round because I was getting hit too often and I do not much care for that. As for the strategy I used the same strategy that I did in my regular TM run. Fleece all of her attacks for round one and return them use CR sparingly and wisely MP wise to get things moving to the next round. As for round 2 on the pillars this round is a joke. Sit under her and BH T,T relentlessly and I got both of her circle prompts in no time. Round 3 I did like any other titan run where I just go crazy with RotT and the BH and CR until I get her circle prompt.

The TM2 was quite a surprise because this was a section that I always struggled with. But I got it first try after watching a youtube video and standing in that spot where he can't quite hit you. Well I must have done something wrong because one of the attacks where he pounds the ground caught me square on the kisser so I backed off S,T to altOH on a harpy went in for another hammer strike and it only took one to get that circle prompt.

I guess then any advice is useful on handling the wraiths of asphodel, they are seriously the worst thing ever in this game. I have no general strategy for them, have trouble getting them in line for collisions, and there is always something flying at you that destroys you in about 2 seconds flat. I might play a little more later.

EvesGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EvesGeezer
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts

Welcome solid, good to see you here at last. Don't mind the regulars, some of us seem a little caustic but thats just our way, as long as your skin isn't too thin you should do just fine.

You seem to be progressing well with alright tactics. Not quite PRO but now you are here we can fix that.

First up what do you know of tricking and the use of RotT. Let us know, no doubt you aren't totally in the dark as you have conversed with the erstwhile Mr Starkiller. How do you feel WRT playing cheap? Positioning exploits and such like?

Mind if I give a quick review/critique of you progress so far? Good I will. I'm not saying how you did things was wrong, just showing how you could refine them a little further.

Theseus, cool you know the drill. Collisions bow shots,yad yada yada LRR.

Barbarian King. Don't worry about the upcoming GK run. All the sub weapons RAEP the BK. In a TMNUR in a one on one fight Typhons Bane is your most cost effective damage dealer. You could either tag him with bow shots in the giant phase, saving a little MP for tricking or use CR to negate his swings then whore Plume/Spirit. RotT is best saved for easy WIN in the last stage.

TM 1, the spin isn't the best opening. Best bet is to retreat to the sleep spot. TM will respond with the frontal pound. BH T,T TIME.

Euryale, sounds like you made a meal of it. I prefer to play that fight CHEAP. Sweet spot abuse FTW. No need for magic in stages 1 and 3. Stage two should be a mixture of TB shots and a Bow Cancelled RotT enhanced HAMMER TIME.

So about those wraiths, you've already seen this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyO5Cu0F4Ok&feature=channel_page

by a close personal friend of mine, all about positioning abuse. Dont expect to get it right first time but it shows the theory of lining em up for collisions. I think that is the way to go.

Even with lvl1 EH you can petrify the inital three wraiths (how much MP do you have?). 

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 solidsarlo

Tricking and playing cheap are fine by me I just gotta learn how to trick better. Actually for BK when he turned giant I used all but one or two shots worth of TB of my mana and then tried to trick his attacks but he always managed to catch me with one and considering how much HP I had during that stage one was too many. I guess I just need more practice.

RotT I will use to break out of stone when I feel imminent DEATH otherwise I mainly use it with the BH for an extra power boost to the MASSIVE DAMAGE it already does.

EH, don't yell at me but I always forget about it lol. I think I have about a half bar of mana left so I'm gonna try that now.

EvesGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EvesGeezer
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts

So you know about RotT boosting weapon damage?

Mid pre Kraken, MAX post Kraken.

The repulsion and un-interruptibility   are also quite tasty side effects. As is the reduction in collision damage.

EH, don't sweat it. Half a bar of how much? How many PF have you collected thus far?

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 solidsarlo

Well I am hanging up my blades for the day. I crossed the lowlands and had a lot of trouble in those two fights there. I find for me the fights in a small confined area are the most challenging. I am now at Atlas's face and I am pretty confident I know the game well enough now that I know where all the PFs are. I need one more and im pretty sure you get it where you fight those harpy's/satyrs and pull out that ummmmm "esophagus?"

The thing I do have on my side is persistence which I picked up from trying to beat Jordan in Guitar Hero II. If I lose I try and try again until I get it so thats a plus. On the other side I am well into my first NUR in two days! Hooray! Upgrades for the magic are only good for the abilities that come with them. Since the chains only give you garbage you can hardly use in TM for moves it becomes somewhat less challenging. 

Air grappling, ground to air grabs, collisions, knockbacks, etc.... this is what this game is all about.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

If you lack the Chest Guide (large picture), PM me.

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 solidsarlo
MrSK: The picture is excellent and it is very clear. Thank you.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrStarkiller
Excellent. I trust it isn't too hard to navigate/put to work...
solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 solidsarlo

No of course not. It is perfect.

As for my run the TM3 and Atlas Lift gave me quite a bit of trouble.

For TM3 I used the same strategy as the first TM where I got him to swing his arms and twirl around and then wailed away with the hammer. After the rock throw for phase 2 I kept trying to do the same thing but he uses the ground pound two often and it is hard to get away from that because it has a large range. So what i did here was stay back and just as soon as he started the fast ground pounds I would begin my S,S,S,S,S(lol I don't know how many) to T. Spirit I think its called? So yeah pretty much I stayed back and whored that one to put my range to use.

As for the Atlas Lift this thing can turn really ugly really fast and become total chaos with me winding up dead. I kept going to tie up the Legionnairees with CR while trying to S,T to altOH the harpies. After about 5 or 6 attempts I finally got it right and absolutely owned this part. 

The entrance of the palace of the fates was no big deal. Interrupted cyclops calls on beast lords and CR/grab whored everything until everything was dead. Spiked room past.

Now I need help though and I bet y'all can guess where. It starts with T and ends ranslator.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrStarkiller

This is where the details need to be unveiled.

How much HP/MP/Rage do you have? What are your tactics for Wave 1 and 2 *you should lose nothing during these*. What is your approach to Wave 3? Obviously you can't expect to quickly/easily go after the Priests first (though a perhaps well done bout of BH w/ Rage and CR could pull that off). Typically, in a NUR, one goes after the Natural Spawns before killing a single Priest.

I have a playlist about this fight at YouTube (needs updating though). ER as well.

~Whenever you're ready

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 solidsarlo

MrSK: For waves one and two I position the block to the right as I saw in, I think it was your video on youtube. I position the priest behind there wait for the doggies to come and begin kicking. If things get messy I fleece for knockbacks and S,T to bounce the grunts and use their collisons from there.

Same with round two. I try to dispatch the grunts quickly and usually get them to do a lot of collisions to the first satyr. Once all the grunts are gone and there remains a satyr it is a grab whoring festival until a ruthless kill.

Luckily I have attempted this fight so many times that I almost consider myself PRO at handling the first two waves. Before this NUR I always just spammed my attacks through the gate but now I see this as boring and a complete waste of time since they can be dispatched easily.

RotT is full hp is full mp more than 3/4 before getting the chest right outside which u can get once wave 2 is vanquished. So going into wave 3 it is safe to assume that I always have FULL HP/MP RotT.

For the third wave I try to roll in and interrupt the summoner with CR and then go to kick the dog on the left. That either kills the other dog or brings up the circle prompt for one of the grunts. Then this is where things go terribly wrong without fail. I helplessly spam magic in hopes of tying up the other enemies and anytime I go after one of the priests the translator just gets killed. Another thing I have a big problem with are the priests teleporting right by the translator when I am trying to hold people off and they get me in that stupid grapple with the light when they take your magic. I was wondering what triggers this.... It seems to happen when you turn your back on a priest but I'm not quite certain of that. 

If nothing else works I will try to post some FAIL videos with my FAIL webcam on youtube. I go by the same name there.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrStarkiller

I've not yet ever recorded dealing with Waves 1 and 2. I've shared the tactic though. Perhaps one of the boys. I know there is one video showing of 'version 2' on YT (possibly 2).

(version 1) Indeed it is tedious. They really should have left a save point in the room with the chests so we could opt into having a checkpoint when things go right. It would save ALOT of time when restart whoring to practice Wave 3 (or just get past it).

---

Full Rage, HP and MP (on these settings that is to say 100RP *lvl1* , 175HP and 175MP *pre-Gift upgrades*).

(Wave 3) I can share a long series of notes about that fight, but I don't yet see reason to go that far.

Have you looked into my YouTube playlist yet? If not, I can just send you the thing. If you can record the battle for us to see/review, that would indeed help clear up details for us to 'correct' in future goes of it.

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 solidsarlo

Translator.... Finished.

God the fight with the CBs was tough! I just kept playing it over and over til everything went right and barely took anydamage. Just bouncing the pups and then altOH. (Thanks to addaminsain on youtube for that I never know what enemies your able to altOH but it seems like only the little guys.)

The cyclops back in the courtyard thing where you fight the kraken were giving me a ton of trouble. But once again I found a better strategy then just rolling around with light S attacks and the occasional plume or spirit. Those idiots RUN OFF THE EDGE if you provoke them LOL! Difficult situation avoided! 

As for using that little exploit, I think its definitely something you are not supposed to do in the game. Before I got them all down some of them would run off the edge and be suspended right by that ledge in the running animation. Of course as soon as they go over the edge the minigame prompt comes up. So me being my curious self tried out the minigame. As soon as it started the cyclops dropped and special K was performing all the minigame animations in mid air to nothing! Man it was HILARIOUS! But like all good things it had to come to an end and ended abruptly when I free fell to my death.

On to the lift and the flame wall puzzle which I anticipate giving me problems tomorrow.

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_requiem
Member since 2005 • 5954 Posts

I personally prefer whoring the amulet to defeat cyclops there. double-DDs vids are where I too learned most of my OH/alt-OH stuff from, before I found the copypasta.

Flamewall should be easier than you think, gets easier everytime you do it. Sweet spot [sort of] makes it easier than it looks. 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrStarkiller

Shinobier and I were on the cutting edge of reporting new combat tactics with collisions, Rage usage, BH endorsement (tricking/canceling) and alt.OH to speak of. Of course he could just power through with skill while I had to keep creating new tactics to accomodate my own lacking ability...familiarity was often enough to create the tactics I needed to crush a challenge, but exploits certainly don't hurt your case.

Req: The gent for you too then?

SolidSarlo:

(Translator) And you didn't even need the help of a vet. Just looking up OLD VIDEOS was enough. You're better than you know.

(Pantheon) A lovely little fight.

(Courtyard) I prefer leading them over the cliff...I'd already won via Amulet abuse (not with Rage as the abilitiy to pause the meter's drain wasn't known yet), Plume/Spirit whoring and the cliffs. I hadn't gotten good enough to fight directly with tricking.

(Phoenix) Not a terribly hard area. You'll be fine.

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 solidsarlo

The flame wall only took me a couple tries I just back tracked and altOH the harpies at the legionnaries or just stoned and crushed them with EH.

The other fight wasn't too bad with the skeletons and the juggernauts. I have been watching videos here and there and would really like to give a shout out to everyone on there. addaminsain, shinobier,(as i already mentioned), bigvee, tazone1 and mr.empirical have been nothing short of showing me brilliant playing and strategy and have helped me greatly.

Cheers for the compliment MrSK. It seems the translator is not altogether difficult when you actually run into the third wave with a strategy. 

Of course as I am saying that I am stuck at the Kraken. Everytime the spartan is on the switch and I glide over to wail on his face he whacks me down with a tentacle. I NEVER had trouble with this using upgrades because a few cyclones of chaos and he would give up the tentacle for you to cut off. I made a video of this and it is currently uploading over at youtube so comments are welcome over there as well as here. There has gotta be something I am doing terribly wrong here.

I will edit this post in a few minutes when my vid is done uploading. oh and I NEEDZ A CAPTURE CARD LOLOLOL. WEBCAM is T3H UBER SUCKZORZ

edit:

I'm not really sure if proof is required here or anything like that but here is my video. Like I said before discussion is welcome here there or anywhere. Help pl0x.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PuVOzfLBJU

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_requiem

MrSK: Yep, and there was more to that than just his videos... the conversation that went between the two of you on his vids helped point out things that my untrained eye would have missed otherwise.

solid: stuck at Kraken eh? MrSK gave me a wonderful strategy to beat him on my TM run and it is good enough for NUR too. Here is copypasta of MrSK's original copypasta on my run thread:

GK:TM:NUR (Typhon's Bane tactics)

Stage 1 - "Using this strat negates ever being in the line of fire for ANY of his attacks.

You need to get into the furthest LEFT corner *behind a wall* and target his head with the bow. Fire at his face once and upon hitting he will always follow up with his 'breath'. Wait until after he finishes *leans his head back* to fire again. WHY? Because rapid fire hits (spells) do not count even if they all hit for some reason so spells like Cronos Rage are pathetic at hurting his head.

In this stage, 10 shots are needed. Expect a 1-2 shot differential depending on how much you rush your shots. Take your time. With 200MP, you have enough for 50 shots. You WILL NOT need that many."

NOTE: Clearly the location I speak of could be too vaguely described/indicated so feel free to ask about clarification. I could find a way to better show/describe it. If you have other questions, ask. This is a slow, cheap, efficient tactic that avoids direct assault/corpse usage and the like so it evens out pretty well.

Stage 2 - "Same as before. Know that sometimes he will flip out from all sides while using 'breath'. He can also glitch and use the tentacle you cut off (invisible) earlier on occasion. Either way, fire off about 25 shots to his head. AGAIN...PACE them as I described."

Stage 3 - *Bow no longer relevant*

~There are probably a few findings/tactics (even for the SoD) I've yet to share that are either in this document or have yet to be written down (in which case I will have probably forgotten them and will have to 'refind' them *very sad*...or just create new ones as is typical). BoO strats are typically off-shoots of SoD work..to a lesser extent this is true for even the BH and Blades 

-----------------

Trust me, this is all you will need to beat Kraken. All you gotta do is figure out sweet spot and then figure out the timing of TB shots. 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrStarkiller

solidsarlo:

(Flame Wall) An old, but effective approach though alt.OH does have a tendency to miss when you retarget or the foe can just block/evade/counter..that can be annoying but with the sweet spot they can't exactly punish the failure...

(Shout outs) There are a lot of ways one can handle that fight...little tid bits to go with it that can really reduce the fight. I believe I've reported most of the findings I've made but I don't recall alot of them being recored. Pity. At any rate, the better ones have been. *abusing the save point for checkpoints along the way is always a valid exploit*

(Translator) A strategy tends to help...that being said in the most general way possible. Walking into Wave 3 without one isn't suggestible to those who lack truely notable natural skill *for higher settings*.

(Kraken) A video? I'll write down that I need to review it. I owe DP's progress a review as well. ArabianGamer's thread will take time....AKheon's updates should not, but I do have to review Shinobier's second speedrun plus the commets I made for each in the past so as to best uncover whatever it was that I once knew for that title.

(Proof) I have no concern about that right now.

(Video) The link is apprecitated. I'll look it over soon.

(Req) He brings up a good tactics and I describe a few possible alterations you could need to know about in the future.

Req:

(Exchanges) I no longer recall these but I do recollect having spoken with gents such as he as such in the past.

(TB tactics) A pity I hadn't shared those sooner...perhaps one of the gents could have recored it so I could give a video reference instead of that copypasta >_____>. Back when those tactics were created, I was rather proud of finding a nice, cheap way to render Stage 1 and Stage 2 useless for the GK:TM:NUR.

By the sounds of things, that tactic wouldn't work for a NUR+ or NER being that you have 100MP. That would leave enough shots to either take out Stage 2 entirely (takes awhile to beat his head enough so that his tentacle exposes itself)...or Stage 1 then weaken Stage 2.

Negating the gliding process for Stage 1 would avoid cheap hits that could occur on the left and right...so I suppose that would be wiser. Also, the last of your MP would leave the head severely weakened and with just the tentacle on the right to assault you during the gliding process, that wouldn't be so bad.

That's all just in-head simulation though. I've never tried this tactic outside the GK:TM:NUR...but it should work as I've described for the NUR+. In a NUR you would have the full 200MP (if you didn't fail to acquire all the upgrades) so you would be set like with the other run for Stage 1 and 2.

In the case where you lack enough shots to wrap up Stage 2 as well, you would probably want to know a little about other tactics for safely abusing a different sweet spot....and how to approach the gliding bit for Stage 2 (taking advantage of the halved defensive abilities of the Kraken there).

~Onward to YouTube then

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_requiem

MrSK: (exchanges) A case in point... this vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-senMoGwoM

Reading the comments made me fish for video featuring use of elevated knockbacks mentioned by DD. And yep, you've left comments discussing strats on vids by others too, all very helpful.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrStarkiller

Req: I say alot of things >______>

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_requiem

I was gonna edit to add about the NUR+ But first, yep, you say a lot of things, and sometimes some of them turn out really useful (:

For NUR+, TB + Fleecing chunks should do it. One fleeced chunk is equivalant to how many TB shots? Can fish the copypasta if it exists, but did you figure out this part? 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrStarkiller

Req: Sometimes? How sweet of you. *kekeke*

I haven't gotten around to testing if the chunks are seperate in damage to other cases of "Argo's Return". I no longer recollect if I finished testing to see if said attack was ever affected by settings. If we're lucky, the reflection would deal 10 damage IF it hits during one of the point where he actually takes damage. Otherwise it would be basically worthless. I'd have to look into this. Pity we lack those HP bars...it sure would be convenient for such observations...

MrSoddomite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrSoddomite
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts

One fleeced chunk and a Titan Storm will end stage one of the Kraken fight.

Wreck: glad you learned something from the vids you mentioned. I looked through the comments and they seemed to consist of mostly insults.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrStarkiller

^Ah, yes. I recollect this.

MrSoddomite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrSoddomite
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts
So, we're talking 5 HP?
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrStarkiller

5-10 is the range if I had to guess. If 10...that would be quite the thing to find out. Of course...during this HAPAIN+, I have a few extra tests to run...I would prefer to spice up an otherwise vanilla run.

Having done the GK and default version already, I fail to see too much potential for change between the various other attires...it'll water down eventually. This one is weak and has weak collisions. Another is strong and has strong collisions. Another is strong with weak collsions. Power and Armor variables change alot. Strong orb worth will only REALLY factor when playing as Athena where the change is drastic.

In the PAIN+, it just hasn't been too wise to rely on these orbd drops...besides with Theseus. That was good for a laugh (1 round). Pathetic. I've slipped up though....lost touch with tricking timing so I'll be getting clobbered for awhile.

~Fun stuff

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_requiem
MrSK: Sometimes was reference to times when you're not explicitly discussing tactips but, as gent pointed out, just exchanging explicit comments with him. HA = Hydra Armor, I believe? I'll check if I have a save around Kraken and try to figure out the chunky puzzle.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrStarkiller

(HA) Indeed.

(Chunks) Do as you please. I intend to test it *like AQ* either way. Good to have a second opinion to check findings.

(Sometimes) Of course.

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 solidsarlo
Well I haven't been around here in a while. Roofing job up in Wisconsin. I will be posting more progress soon enough. Lakhesis/Atropos have been a joke to me ever since my first TM run. Zeus is an idiot. The only obstacle I foresee is the endurance run but we will cross that bridge once we come to it.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MrStarkiller

(Wisconsin) Alucard's state if I recall right. Cute.

(Busywork) It happens.

(Progress) So we can expect progression up to the ER to be swift then?

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 solidsarlo

I tried the Kraken again yesterday and failed, epicly. So I started a GKMAX run and man it is pretty difficult playing as GK. You get raped quite quickly. I just got the fleece and the only part I really cheated (urn usage) on was the BK because I was low on everything and for some reason thought they recharged you during the minigame where he is dragging you on the horse. Either way I find GK to be AWESOME with collision damage.

As for the Kraken I may be the only person to get stuck here I mean SRSLY? I just always get caught by his tentacles whilst gliding to hit his head. I have been using TB with sweet spot but have one more quick question. To get the circle prompt on the 2nd tentacle. The one that stabs into the wall. What is the best way to pop his "joint" off? Light attacks heavy attacks? It always just resets and then I have to get him to stab the wall 2-3 more times just so I can pop it off. This is where I get hurt a lot.

My Ideal run on this part is to not get hit or get hit once and thats it so during stage 3 I can just do CR and BH lovin' in RotT. because to be honest I have never handled the third stage any differently than that.

MistaTrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MistaTrick
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

Go with whatever works to break the knots on the tentacles, haven't got time to look vids up right now but I seem to recall RotT 3xT works quite well.

The knots regenerate each time so it is a matter of getting straight on there once it gets stuck and making the hits count.

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_requiem
I too had problems on the second tentacle. Rage+3xT works best. If you miss the O prompt, better restart. Though, on my TM run I managed to finish it after missing the second tentacle once.
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts
MrSK:Indeed, I am a cheesehead.
MistaTrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MistaTrick
kinda reminds me of a song, last night cheese head.
solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 solidsarlo

(Alucard)- I was in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin near Black River Falls if you're familiar.

(Everyone Else)- Thanks Req and SenorTrick for tips with that second tentacle, after that it was a cake walk and he is now defeated.

Kraken Stage 1- Timed bow shots in the middle, where the air would normally be shooting up. For tentacle stabs I either rolled away or tricked, although rolling away became preferable here as I still need some help with tricking.

Knot1- Climbed up, heavy triangle attacks, no problem.

Stage 2- Repeat stage 1.

Knot 2- Climbed up RotT + 3 or 4 triangle hits was enough to do this one.

Kraken Stage 3(Kraken Krazy Time)- RotT + CR + BH until he fell all the way down.

As for Lakhesis, I let her give me a little crap once but only because I was playing like an idiot. I guess my question would be for her 2nd or 3rd stage. The one where she electrifies the floor. Is there anyway to make this go quicker then just waiting for the floor to become normal again and then playing energy ball tennis with her? When i do sucessfully reflect an energy ball while she is high in the air I roll to where she falls quick RotT and a T,T hammer blow. But this still feels like I am getting nowhere. Also CR is pretty useless at this point as this was my main way of dealing damage to her during normal TM

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 solidsarlo

As Kratos himself will soon say in my run "The sisters are dead."

Lakhesis Round 1- Really no strategy here. when she does the triburst energy ball floor sweeps (lol) I just go and swing around until she starts throwing out single shots. After that I just reflect them lather, rinse, and repeat. When she starts coming down and driving her spear into the ground surrounded by a forcefield I start a s,s,s,s,t and hit her with the spirit at the end. For the last strategy I was just playing it patient but then I saw a video where you jump off the grapple and give her a hit with the hammer and can do this as many times as you want depending on how quickly you can pull it off. This made her 3rd stage MUCH easier.

Atropos Round 2- I lack a good strategy here as well but I will tell you mine anyway. This is a lot of CR whoring. I use it to hold off the baddies that are around and then grab whore and use collisions. Doing all this whilst reflecting her energy attacks. Then when she goes in to destroy the sword by hand I either crazy CR her and Spirit her or just RotT and BH. I don't know if this is a viable strategy or not but I never have any problems with her.

Lakhesis & Atropos Round 3- Absolutely no strategy here except that I try to get Lakhesis to keep doing her tri-physical attack and once she is done RotT for a T,T and then shut it off. It is great for dealing MASSIVE DAMAGE, and if she is dumb enough to keep coming at you with it you get rid of the first few mirrors pretty quick. For the last one where she is in front of the center mirror I just abuse the first grapple to block the energy rays and spam her with CR. Once that is all used up i use a mixture of light and heavy attacks to get to the circle prompt.

Endurance Run next........ yikes.... this is really where I test my might.

MistaTrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MistaTrick

it hurt my eyes to read that

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 solidsarlo
The strategy or my lack of caps?
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrStarkiller

solidsarlo: Working on your presentation of tactics would help us.

Ex: Kraken

Stage 1 - tactics

Stage 2 - tactics

NOTE: "Knobs" should perhaps be their own thing. Maybe even the bit after using the corpse where it is applicable (gliding)

Stage 3 - tactics

NOTE: Usage of paragraphs helps break up a read. Bold can be put to work as well as breaks like "---".

NOTE2: At GS, we allow for EDITs, post deletion, images (and other crap)...and a higher word count limit. Quite a bit higher even...so you need not create two posts for short reports.

(Kraken) Know that Arrow/Return count for the same damage...but there is a COOL DOWN PERIOD before a hit actually counts again for certain targets (this being one of them). You need to WAIT about 5-10 seconds before hitting with EITHER again or the hit is worthless. This is why CR is **** against the Kraken's face. PR is a strange exception. Recently I tested using a Bow shot to force chunks then reflecting those and very little progress is achieved with rapid reversal but having to fire only about 7-8 shots rather than 11 (55 damage) can be nice. A bonus for NUR+ and PAIN (obviously not the PAIN+).

It doesn't sound like you located the sweet spot for TB whoring or used the direct hits (to tentacles) sweet spot/semi-sweet spot.

I'd prefer better coverage to understand how things went for you so I can offer advice for future reference.

(Lahkesis) Her Stage 1 is long and has 2 phases. The second phase is where she begins using divebombs and leaves exploding orbs when evading. Stage 2 is the aerial stage.

A safe, cheap approach for all encounters with her would be Amulet whoring (using it to force a bolt then reflecting it) over and over. Slow though. A Blades approach (PAIN+) would be to lure her towards the wall *by grapples, get in air s,s,s over and over then getting back onthe grapple. That's the basic idea. There are other things to know when using that.

For you, you should be using subs. With BH, air triangle whoring is GREAT. With SoD, whore air PS. With BoO (BP), whore DR. These attacks are strong and DO NOT knock her down...we use grapple point rape (leaping between grapples while attacking our foe) to lock Lahkesis with such attacks.

There could have been a TB based strat but I don't quite recall it right now (perhaps after another run I could test it *again*). Pretty sure there was a glitch to get her to stay still as you PACED shots at her for a cheap Stage 2 fight.

Damage dealt to her on the ground...doesn't feel as effective as it should..and she probably has i-frames here and there. Testing for such things can be difficult when NOT obvious. CR isn't a great call when she starts evade whoring and using i-frames alot (Ex: Dive bombing).

NOTE: I read now that you have seen a BH showing of grapple point rape. Good deal.

(Atropos) Just keep avoiding foes if need be. Do whatever you like until she gets close. Then you should use collisions or a leveled (or Rage powered) BH 2x triangle. For collisions you need to either toss straight into her or toss at a GREAT distance (nearly the limit of range for the collision to count properly). It's popular for users to just whore the BH when she gets close here. The damage to her anywhere else is QUESTIONABLE to say the least...

(Sisters) One needs to learn what baits what attack out of your foe *if not entirely random*. Position, attacks/actions, situation, etc. Stage 1 can be glitched into Lahkesis staying airborne and you can grapple rape her. Stage 2 is like Stage 1 but you are left with only one way to exploit such an approach. Stage 3 isn't as tricky as I once thought for whoring the Blades. Lahkesis does well at breaking the mirrors for you...

(Endurance Run) It'll be great. You'll love it. We'll work on tactics ONE Major Wave at a time. Wave 1. Fates Juggernauts (3) and Cursed Legionnaires (10+). We have lots of ways to deal with this...even for a Titan NUR

(General Kratos) You'll get used to it. The better you get the defensive measures, exploiting of various attacks/tactics/glitches/mechanics (rather than depending on raw power as you once knew it) *even spells* and behavior of foes/set-up of fights...the better you'll do. Famiarity goes a LONG way in GoW. Of course...protection missions can only be met without skill for so long before you ramp things up high enough that tactics begin to factor less and skill/luck go to work...that tends to really be an issue around the point of a PAIN/PAIN+.

~Back to the HPAIN+ for me I suppose..in a shortwhile anyway

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts

Solid:Not really, is it close to any large city, like Wisconsin Dells, Madison, Milwaukee, La Crosse, Green Bay, Oshkosh?

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 solidsarlo

(Alucard)- Black River Falls is about an hour North of Wisconsin Dells where I stopped on the way since it was still early. Haven't been there since I was a kid. It is not too far South of Eau Claire I assume because thats where all the FM radio stations were coming from.

(Everyone Else)- I have been away for very long. FFX has been screaming my name but recently I got back to the Endurance Run.

Wave 1- One of the most difficult for me. When done correctly I launch the baddies and use OH to try and get collisions. When this isn't working I do a bit of barrier whoring to get circle prompts on the little guys to toss them into the big guys. I get hit at least once here very rarely do I escape unharmed.

Wave 2- Self explanatory- grabs throws fleece period.

Wave 3- Here I try to reflect the Sirens energy throws to get them off my back and false grab the gorgons to reflect their stare and then use a MotK to destroy the Sirens. Sirens seem to take priority for me here as they can get off cheap shots that don't do much damage but can set you up to get seriously hurt. The gorgons on the other hand are pretty docile as long as you just keep false grabbing them. Sometimes this strategy works out sometimes it doesn't but I am better at this than wave 1.

Wave 4- fleece collisions.

Wave 5- I know I might get yelled at here. But having saved all my magic to this point I try to get everyone around me and whore AQ until all my magic is gone. This is usually good to kill a satyr or 2 and one of the juggernauts(or at least get their circle prompt).

For the rest I try to stay away and plume/spirit whore as much as I can. Launching satyrs with OH proves to be tricky and they land many hits when I mess up, so the risk isn't usually worth the reward. I usually get pretty beat up on this Wave.

If none of this is working I use RotT and BH to finish off the remaining enemies.

Wave 6- see all other even numbers

After this wave I go back collect the health chests, get the magic from the mana/gold chest, get the other magic and head out to wave 7.

Wave 7- I try a couple different things.

First- staying away from the cyclops and using the baddies that can be grabbed without a circle prompt for collisions. This works to a point and I am usually able to get rid of 1 or 2 Cyclopes but always managed to get smashed down and swarmed on.

Second- More AQ and trying to take them out this way. I know AQ isn't the best way but as stated in Wave 5 I don't always have RotT to use in conjunction with EH.

NOTE: If necessary too I will also use RotT to grab the chests at the end of the hallway because of the uninterruptibility.

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the_requiem

Solid, any progress so far?

I've started GMNUR+ on GOW instead of TMNUR, but I can give a few tips from my experience with TM which will come in handy on NUR too:

1. Try to go through this without losing MP or HP. If you think you lose too much HP too fast no Wave3, use some Magic here to escape without losing HP at all and then get MP from Gorgons. If you aim for no HP and no MP loss in this wave, you will be better prepared for Wave3 and 5. Since this is first Wave, better setup the bar higher for yourself here and restart than go all the way and realize you need to start from scratch. If have to use Rage, only use as much as you can recover from Juggernauts and Wave 2.

3. I prefer using Gorgons to freeze and shatter Sirens. One advantage of reflecting Gorgon attacks is that you get i-frames during the fleece minigame, use it to your advantage. My preferred way in TM was to go for first Siren with BH and minigame it before anyone else can attack. Mostly, while I was minigaming Siren, a Gorgon would try to freeze me. Spam L1 and by the time minigame ends, you'll be fleecing Gorgon's attacks. This is one of the few parts where being crowded and attacked non-stop works to our advantage, as long as you fleece well and don't screw up any minigames.

4. If you don't have Rage, MP and HP full at end of Wave4 [and use only one chest for it], restart. I don't have enough experince to give NUR strats for Wave5, as I rely on GR and TS to annhiliate this part.

5. Wave 7: I once got here lil low on Rage, so kept Cyclops away using barrier and attacked minions to build up some Rage. You can use protection given by Rage to freeze the cyclops or open one of the chests if you need it. On TM I was able to insta-freeze them, won't work on NUR.

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 solidsarlo

I just passed the ER using my above mentioned strategy, only things did not go too swimmingly. Ugliness of the run aside (mainly because I lost WAY too much health during wave 3 but decided to press on anyway) it is over.

Killed Clotho, more of a puzzle than an actual "boss."

Need some strategy for Zeus, probably gonna look at youtube videos. I really struggle from the onset though as I do not know how to avoid many of his attacks during his giant phase. 

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the_requiem
You should do what I do, revisit a fight once you've beaten it. Will be surprised how easier it seems once you've beaten it. Once you beat it, you only get better and better.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrStarkiller
Referring to YT videos is a good start (if you find the appopriate coverage anyway). Written run coverage would help as well. I suppose I could share copypasta later if you really need it (I'd need to check a few different runs for differing info/notes, tactics, etc.
solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 solidsarlo

Requiem- I appreciate the encouragement and I now have two saves for ER and translator. OneNP MAX the other NUR. These fights just tend to make me angry and I like to blame the game when I'm the one making stupid mistakes.

MrSK and all others interested- My NUR is complete. Zeus copypasta not necessary, I just kinda forgot how to fight him. I used Shinobier's vids of NUR on Zeus to an extent.

Giant Zeus- This fight was easy once I realized i needed to keep my eyes on the big guy in the background. If he was going for something crazy like when he punches the summit I used AQ (most of the time with sirens around) for its enormous i-frame time. I was getting the circle prompts really quickly and this fight ended quickly.

Zeus Phase 1- Reflecting lightning tosses jumping to dodge his crazy dash that comes afterwards. If he went for the three hit physical combo while nearby I would try to fleece the first or second attack and return and if this fails I just got out of his way since that last hit does MASSIVE DAMAGE.

Zeus Phase 2- I used about half my magic in the form of AQ nearby him and the rest of the time I tried to keep him in the middle while building up a "Super Plume" to hit him with. This stage was pretty time consuming as this time he just had a knack for blocking it. I don't know whether this has been tested or not but the plume seems to connect more often when you don't directly hit him with it or he is a few steps behind.

Zeus Phase 3- Used the rest of my magic, AQ, to damage him as best as possible. And repeated my strategy from stage 1. Fleecing projectiles, runnng around the ground pound and using Divine Retributio(I think its called L1+T with BoO) when possible. If you are not quick enough with that however he will hit you with both lightining bolts and that damage can add up.

Zeus Phase 4- RotT all the way just powering through. "Raging" through if you would. Bad joke I know

On an aside- I finished all that last night and have just begun my GKTMNUR and I am worried here. The chests are tiny so no matter what my restart count will be in the thousands. I will edit this in a few hours with my Colossus strategy because I just got by him.

EDIT: Colossus stage 1: rolled around, grab whored the soldiers, and waited for the ground pound. once he did that I used an AQ or two to subdue him. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Colossus stage 2: God I love bonus play and being able to use the hammer. Smashed his resting hand with bow canceling. If I felt like I was gonna be pounded due to his fist pounds uncanny range I used AQ for the I-Frames. Also before I got the idea for the hammer I abused sweet spots and gathered up a "spirit" plume to hit his resting hand.

Colossus Stage 3: Simple, waited behind the sword to put him repeating the ground pound. Double Jump, CR(you get it all back anyway), T,T with the blades. Did this to charge the BoO 3 times and then used the hand in order to quickly get the circle prompt. 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MrStarkiller

solidsarlo: Shinobier...Fairly old/basic tactics. I don't advise you continue with AQ for Titan settings. Especially not with Power reduced even further (Ex: GK)...unless you're aiming for knockback collisions (which would be strong as such).

(GK:TM:NUR) Sounds like you're beginning to get the picture. Restart whoring, perfection, collision whoring *you'll get it soon enough*, abuse of spells/attack not affected by settings (PS/DR), sweet spots, instant kills, etc.

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 solidsarlo

I do have a couple questions on Theseus since I just got to him.  Stages 1+2 (on the ground) are easy. I just block and give him some BH loving. Myquestions deal with stage 3.

Let's start with what I do know: The stun loop you can put him in while timing out bow shots at longer intervals, check.

Causing collisions with the minotaurs I don't find exceedingly difficult because they tend to follow each other around or at least make it easy for you to take a good angle for an OH. This is especially true each time that they first pop up because i position myself to the left face to face with the left minotaur. A quick OH is good I would say 75% of the time at hitting the minotaur that spawned on the right.

My questions are: 1. How many do I have to kill? It seems that for each 2 that I kill I only get 1 or 2 bow shots.

2. (Kinda Dumb). I don't have to worry about being perfect during this fight because you are regenerated afterwards correct? Although it seems that parts without this costume where you get regenerated fully HP/MP are even STILL HINDERED by the GK costume. 

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 the_requiem

Already at Theseus... nice (: 

1. I believe answer to that is 11 minotaurs. I might be mistaken, but I recall gent mentioning that somewhere.