MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 MustafaEl-Deeb
Member since 2013 • 786 Posts

I started this run from couple months ago but restarted it the past week for the same issues I restarted GoW II PAIN+. No death till I reached the desert of lost souls.

The desert of lost souls isn't tough, but it needs grear patient. I died once there.

The 9 sirens are very fun. PoP then air OS works great. No death there.

The Challenge of Atlas. The ropes are just like NUR+ so I won't discuss. PoP at the gorgons then air OS are useful just like with sirens. Almost 5 death there.

4 sirens and 6 leggionare. That was the hardest part till now, it's all a matter of luck. I died almost 20 or more deaths at this fight.

Now I'm at The Challenge of Poseidon(Cerberus Breeder), Still didn't give it a try, Although I suppose there is no difference between PAIN and NUR+ at this battle.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

>same reason

Don't recall it.

>patience

I suppose.

>9x Sirens is fun

Indeed.

>t0 for Gorgon set-up of air OS

Why not T?

>luck

To a small degree, yes.  I suppose so.  It's worse in the DB PAIN for Hard.  Artemis goes pretty well aside from the 'no shield breaking' issue.

>no difference

Minor differences.  Can't use Artemis or magic (for instance).

NOTE: You intend some recordings for this run?  Usually such run progress threads have write-ups if not a video series.

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MustafaEl-Deeb

PoP at the gorgons to launch them all so that no one would kill you while jumping.

I intend for recordings, but I will include fights only to avoid restarting from save point every time I fail while recording.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrStarkiller

>kill you while jumping

You have i-frames during air OS, can fall quicker with air blocking, can air trick it (Artemis Sword summon), spell cast through it (PR), etc.  No partial petrification outside GoWIII.

>intend recording

Good.

>include fights

Just fights, yes?  Suits me.  I don't care about puzzles, navigation (without fights), cutscenes, etc.

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MustafaEl-Deeb

Cerberus breeder, done. It needs a bit of luck and just take care not to leave any of the little dogs alone(or they will become breeders), however I ended fighting two breeders, but as usual I found a way out ;)

Poseidon's Sacrifice: Try to kill all the captains at one time or quickly(refilled health from the little dogs)

Centaur Sacrifice: Stay at the pool and use air OS(just as NUR+)

Sacrifice arena(after centaur sacrifice): The legionarres are the problem not the centaurs or gorgons. I had to play cheaply to finish it(launch leggionarres then air OS). I have also discovered a trick. While the leggionarres are spawning you can jump above them, grab, and infinite air OS will start.

Minotaurs and centaurs: Kill the centaurs first and then kill a minotaur with 3 air OS(let only one to be in the battlefield and use him to refill your health).

Temple's minotaur: Fight him above. There is no difference between NUR+ and PAIN in this fight. In fact no difference between PAIN and vanilla VH(except for time, it takes half an hour at PAIN and NUR+)

I saved my game after defeating the minotaur and had dinner, then slept.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrStarkiller

gent: The run coverage thread for Waffles at GFAQs (GoWIII board) needs a bump.

Deeb: >bit of luck

Certainly helps.

>or they become Breeders

Not such a big deal when you can reliably control them too (off-screen, launch, infinite air OS for damage/collisions, Seed OS kills for HP refills, etc.).  Easy enough to get most of them (if not all) with OS whoring too.  Interrupting the birthing animation with the camera is a good option (for lack of Artemis).

>found a way out

Wouldn't have been too bad.  You can let everyone transform and it still isn't so awful so long as you don't treat it like future titles.  GoW1 allowed some silly things to fly.

>at one time

Getting them near death before going for the kill and pushing uphill. Good call.  The checkpoint/savepoint can help.  Not really needed though.  Good for making Artemis PAIN+ less frustrating as you chip the group though.

>Centaur sacrifice

>pool

The classic.  Darkness method some other time then, I suppose.

>Legionnaires are the problme

Oh?

>new trick

Air OS on spawning Legionnaires counts as an air state for them?  Well done.

>kill Centaurs

Presumably with air OS.

>then Minotaurs with air OS

How do you opt to set them up?  Alternatively, you can ring them out.

>no difference between settings

Not with the sweet spot uptop.  It's all the same.  A joke.  I would encourage you to waste less of your time and just do like satvara did with the lever pull antics for skipping multiple phases (right to S4).  It's a huge waste of one's time as it is.

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MustafaEl-Deeb

Ok, I've already finished this run. I will summarize the rest of the run.

First satyrs encounter(3 satyrs): Go straight to the end of the battlefield(the narrow part) and use ring-outs.

cliffs of madness: Skipped any skippable battles, except when HP was needed badly.

Underworld(leggionarres captains): Air OS or OH works fine.

Underworld(river Stix): Kill archers then if there are two minotaurs kill one of them with 3 air OS and The other, use on him 2 air OS then one OH(the 0 should appear above his head, if not hit him couple more times but don't use OH or OS)

Satyrs Sacrifice: OH collisions, I gotta love that.

Ares 1: Well, at NUR+ magic makes a lot of difference in time. It took a lot of time, that's why I won't try the clone war again.

Clone war: Great faliure, however the rules say that I don't have to complete the clone war so that I would complete the run.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrStarkiller

>Satyr encounter

Ring-out via T to some juggle to use their air recovery against them, I take it.

>skipped fights

Moving along quickly as such.  Did you enjoy being fired upon by Archers while crossing the bridges?

>Hades Minotaurs

Glad to be back to them, I imagine.  Lesser version of Tormentors.  Going back to said foe, what method did you opt for to get them in the air?

>Hades Bridge A

You went the OH lock based collision route?  No chest exploit at all?  Ballsy and skillful.

>Ares1

So what did you opt to chip him with then?  Just 's,t'?  Did you force counters in S2 rather than letting him flamethrower spam? If you allowed the latter, how did you handle it?  If you negated it by forcing Hammertime, how did you punish this instead?  Regarding said move (quick or slow), what was your defense choice (among many)?  For his fire ball tosses, did you just quick roll around?

>Clones

>great failure

To be expected. They're far harder than anything else in a given run.

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MustafaEl-Deeb

I didn't skip fights at the underworld, only at the cliffs of madness.

Ares 1: blocking and attacking normally.

fire balls: I just stayed at one place and kept moving around myself.

NOTE: Run list has to be updated.

Hades minotaur: lauched them with s,t but just make sure that only the "t" attack gets him not "s" because if you hit him with s, there will be a great possiblity that he will block the "t" attack.

NOTE: "t" attack consists of two combo hits, try to attack the minotaur with the second combo hit of"t"

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrStarkiller

>cliffs of madness

The Archers I refer to are those at the bridges you need to control.  Not the floating platforms.  There were two sections like that.  The Cliffs had the first one.

>fire balls

Quick rolling, was it?  What of Hammertime?  Lots of solutions available.  Which did you favor?

>run list needs update

Denote updates (finished run and future run) there.  I need to address you and Adel on that front.  Zig too, I believe.

>Hades Minotaur

Those are the Tormentors open to regular antics.  Tormentors are the chaps in Pandora.  Regarding the tactics noted, I would suggest instead square whoring (until they flinch) then 's,t' after a cancel (block suffices) to guarantee the set-up as they are launch immune (unless you get them while they are spawning or as they are already in the air).  They are pretty open to knockback.  Artemis makes light of them, but that hardly applies to your run.  Speaking of which, you intend to do Artemis PAIN+?  Artemis CotG?

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MustafaEl-Deeb

Archers: Oops.. I thought I was allowed to use Zeus' Furry there.

Artemis PAIN+: No. But shouldn't it be PAIN not PAIN+ ?

Future runs: Well, first I will record GoW 1,2,3 PAIN/PAIN+ then I would think about my next run(don't worry it won't take 4 months like with GoW III or I hope so)

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrStarkiller

>Zues' Furry

>Furry

Oh, my.  Jests aside, I'm not too worried about it.  It's just a matter of putting up with some nonsense.

>PAIN

Seems we're even, old friend.  Good eye.

>PAIN variants for trilogy

Noted.

>won't take 4 months

You say that now.

>or I hope so

There's the certainty I was looking for.  As one gets older, it becomes harder to keep to such timelines for vidya.