bobdabuilder380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 bobdabuilder380
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts

@Hush: Wow, those space marines are great! IS it difficut to painmt the yellow armour on the marines?

Also, i will post some of my tau up soon, maybe tommorow.

HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 HushRong
Member since 2008 • 13183 Posts

@Bob: no its not difficult at all. here is a link to my plog with a tutorial for how i do it http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245640

i got into the IF after seeing a bunch of plogs that people had done of them an after seeing this pic i wanted to go for that dirtied yellow look instead of the smooth an shiny(dont get me wrong, some people have brighter yellow ones that look great). it took ALOT of tries until i randomly did a sternguard in a yellow i loved. it was fun and challenging and im happy with it.

i am also looking forward to seeing some tau(i even tried to use GW's tutorial for paint yellow on the tau as a fun sidenote)

Avatar image for bobdabuilder380
bobdabuilder380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 bobdabuilder380
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts

yeah, i finished a pathfinder that i want to put up, but i cant find my camera:? Hopefull it will turn up.

Thanks for the links to the tutorials for the painting, btw

HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 HushRong

find that camera buddy!

as for the tutorial i am happy to say my style is original to a degree and works. its been a major breakthrough for me being a noob at minis. i just cant believe grey played a major role in that, by accident none the less. i also looked at GW's online guide for painting tau as it was helpful since it has a dark yellow(more brown though) to it that i liked. right now i am trying to figure out a great way to do white for veteran helmets.

i am saving up for a battlefore (plus, trying to trade off NOS IG and buying second hand marines) to add to my army and hopefully after that i will have a decent army and i can start painting random minis.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245640&page=2 an if you look at the bottom you will see whats next! *but i am on vacation right now an didnt bring anything for painting so it will be awhile.

Asheileon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 Asheileon
Member since 2009 • 673 Posts

Well posting some older Sons of Ashe tanks that I havn't come around to posting earlier.

Thinking of maby start a plog when the new Blood Angels comes out (next week I think) if someone knows a good site for plogs it would be awesome :D

HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 HushRong

i like the predator. it makes me want to get a vehicle soon for my Fists.

here is a chaplain i just got done with too:

paelkeizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 paelkeizah
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
mmm... wow this place is dead, well I should be able to upload some mini's soon as I've figured out a way of making my goddamn mac to work! =D as for your termie chaplain rush perhaps go over the bone and parchment... they appear a bit shiny
HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 HushRong

it is a bit shiny. its more shiny there because i took a pic after some washes...but i just gave him a look an it still is a bit shiny.

for my fists i got alot more done.

a whole tactical squad that still needs some touch ups an markings:

my Honor Guard Champion:

i also painted up the extra weapons for my one dread.

right now on the dock is working on the techmarine and another Honor Guard member:

he needs some work on the head but just placed it there to show what i was going for.

thats it for now.