Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#201 Sniper-Gamer
Member since 2006 • 4158 Posts

Done with episode 19.

[spoiler] Knowing about Nagisa's death before hand kind of diluted the experience. I still cried, but it wasn't a fountain. I actually cried more the following episode when Tomoya was telling Ushio about Nagisa on the train ride home and he was reflecting on his memories with her. [/spoiler]

Oh man, the feelings that are running through me right now are so mixed up; I have no idea if I'm sad, happy, upset, glad... But I'm feeling mostly happy, seeing Tomoya finally taking responsibility for taking care of Ushio.

I can see where all the great reviews are coming from now. The story-telling is so hypnotic, it makes me want to keep watching. Even now while I'm on my computer here, I want to continue watching it but I think I'll burn out my DVD player if I do. I may watch one more episode before I go to bed. But, Fuko is back and that makes me happy! It sucks nobody remembers their past experiences with each other but I'm glad she's still as funny as ever.

Edit: The creators must have designed this anime so you're constantly feeling a whirlwind of emotions. The speed at which it can go from funny or happy to sad and dramatic is astonishing.

fablesway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 fablesway
Member since 2011 • 23504 Posts
Reading monster and Card Captor Sakura
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Sniper-Gamer

Completed...that was amazing. Simply put that was amazing.

[spoiler] When Ushio died, I knew there was no way it could possibly end on such a sad note. That's what made the true ending all the sweeter. The last few minutes of the anime was nothing short of beautiful and I cried tears of happiness until the "end". I was relieved that Nagisa and Ushio survived and I suppose it's all thanks to the orb of light Tomoya got in episode 19. I was only confused one thing: since the other world got destroyed (the one with the doll and the girl), weren't the orbs supposed to turn into something bad?

I guess I'm looking too much into it. They survived and I'm happy it came to that ending. [/spoiler]

That was definetely a fantastic watch. No loose ends, no confusing parts, everything was clear and the writing was top-notch. The extra episode also helped in understanding Kyou better and it was a sweet ending to that episode, knowing that Tomoya had helped out Nagisa even before they met.

Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Sniper-Gamer

Oh, one other question (had to double post because of the glitch):

[spoiler] How did Nagisa know that Tomoya was thinking about not meeting her and she seemed to know everything that had happened? [/spoiler]

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#205 megamannt123
Member since 2007 • 74190 Posts
honestly, i didn't quite get the ending, it just seemed to conveniently happen, or maybe i didn't quite pick up on the event :P of course i was happy to see everyone! [spoiler] though i lost it when Ushio died, never cried like that about anything before. i had a feeling it would happen though when he brought her outside. also, she might've known that for the sake of his memory/dream, or i could be remember something different :P [/spoiler] i'm glad you liked it though :D
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Sniper-Gamer

honestly, i didn't quite get the ending, it just seemed to conveniently happen, or maybe i didn't quite pick up on the event :P of course i was happy to see everyone! [spoiler] though i lost it when Ushio died, never cried like that about anything before. i had a feeling it would happen though when he brought her outside. also, she might've known that for the sake of his memory/dream, or i could be remember something different :P [/spoiler] i'm glad you liked it though :Dmegamannt123
I think I've got a handle on the ending:

[spoiler] You remember how Kotomi mentions there are multiple worlds right? In the Illusionary World with the doll and the girl, she mentions that he (the doll who is Tomoya in a parallel world or perhaps he arrived after his death sometime) will awaken with all the memories that he had previously experienced. And then, Tomoya awakens in a parallel world where Nagisa and Ushio survive.

Or perhaps, and the more likely scenario, Tomoya used the orb of light he had gotten in episode 19 to wish for Nagisa and Ushio to survive and in order for that to happen, time had to reverse to the point when he and Nagisa first met. And at the same time, Tomoya recieved the memories from his other world self to learn about future events. That's what I think happened. I mean, yeah I can understand it was kind of out of the blue that it happened but who cares? It was a happy ending and I'm glad for that. :) [/spoiler]

MAJOR ENDING spoiler for Kanon but if you don't care then read it:

[spoiler] It felt kind of like the ending to Kanon. Through some unexplained event (even less well explained in Kanon than in Clannad) Ayu was able to meet Yuuichi in her dreams and she woke up from her coma. [/spoiler]

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 megamannt123
alright that makes sense [spoiler] i'd definitely want Tomoya to live in that alternate world where they both live, the original was far too sad :( still either ending works for me, both are explained well ^^ [/spoiler] i do care about the ending of Kanon, so i won't read it :P
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Sniper-Gamer

alright that makes sense [spoiler] i'd definitely want Tomoya to live in that alternate world where they both live, the original was far too sad :( still either ending works for me, both are explained well ^^ [/spoiler] i do care about the ending of Kanon, so i won't read it :Pmegamannt123
They could have explained it a bit better but either Key or Kyoto Animation likes to leave what actually happened up to the viewer's imagination. They don't explicitly explain all of the events that happen.

[spoiler] Sad is definetely right. Ushio's death was more sad for me but that may also be because I already knew about Nagisa's in advance. I don't know how I would deal with that situation. To lose both your wife and daughter to nature's cruelty... That's so depressing :( [/spoiler]

I remember you telling me that the Dango song becomes more significant in After Story. Now I understand the full meaning behind it. I can't listen to it without tearing up now...

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 megamannt123
i think that's cool, how they leave it up to the person to decide on the ending's reasoning, but i do like how you explained it so i'll stick with one of those ideas ^^ [spoiler] i didn't know about either death, came into both series fresh only knowing they were emotionally powerful. i don't think i could deal with that, it would probably wreck me... [/spoiler] yeah it has a lot more meaning now, but honestly the opening theme for After Story always gives me the sad feeling, i never listen to the Dango song (though i can remember it pretty well :P )
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Sniper-Gamer

Aw, how nice of you. :P I'm glad I was able to explain things so well.

I don't listen to it outside of the anime either but it's a sad song for me now. It's still very catchy though. I can still hear Nagisa singing it. And yeah, the opening song to Clannad: After Story is also very sad.

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 megamannt123
well i thank you for that :P i listen to the After Story OP whenever it comes on shuffle (or whenever i feel like listening to it). *happens to skim your MAL* whoa, After Story became your new fav! :o
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Sniper-Gamer
well i thank you for that :P i listen to the After Story OP whenever it comes on shuffle (or whenever i feel like listening to it). *happens to skim your MAL* whoa, After Story became your new fav! :omegamannt123
Ah, I made things clear did I? Good to know. And yes, After Story is now my new favourite. It would have taken a lot to knock off Cardcaptor Sakura from the top but After Story did it. It takes something special to beat out nostalgia for me.
megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 megamannt123
i think you're better at putting things into words than i am :P well i think it's a well-deserved spot for that series ^^ i've considered having another series take the #5 spot from the Haruhi movie, but i just can't bring myself to move it, it's so damn good
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Sniper-Gamer

i think you're better at putting things into words than i am :P well i think it's a well-deserved spot for that series ^^ i've considered having another series take the #5 spot from the Haruhi movie, but i just can't bring myself to move it, it's so damn goodmegamannt123
Of course it is. And it's a well-deserved spot.

I was thinking about watching it again. It really is an amazing movie.

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 megamannt123
i've watched it three times so far, one more wouldn't hurt :P
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Sniper-Gamer

Perhaps once school is over I'll give it another watch.

I did some research on Clannad's ending. Man, it's confusing. I could explain it if you want me to.

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 megamannt123
if you'd like to :P were you close?
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Sniper-Gamer

if you'd like to :P were you close?megamannt123
I was fairly close with my second explanation. Ok here it is:

[spoiler] So after Ushio dies, that world in which they lived in ended. They don't explain it exactly but it's implied that Tomoya died as well. Then Tomoya wakes up as the garbage doll in the Illusionary World. Then you follow the Illusionary World's story until the end. The girl mentions that he will wake up in the world which had ended and he would be given a second chance to make things right with the memories that he has now. So follows Clannad's story until Ushio's birth. After Ushio is born, Tomoya makes the wish for Nagisa and Ushio to survive. So all the orbs of light that Tomoya had made appear thanks to his actions, grant his wish and the rest is sugar and rainbows. :P

Sometimes in games, you have to play it a second time to get the true ending. So I guess that's what Clannad did with its anime adaptation as well. [/spoiler]

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 megamannt123
that actually makes quite a bit of sense! :o
fablesway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 fablesway
Read some Cardcaptor Sakura
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Sniper-Gamer

that actually makes quite a bit of sense! :omegamannt123
It does. But there's still no way of figuring that out without having actually played the visual novel. But it does kind of make sense. Don't you sometimes wish you could go back in time with all the knowledge you have now?

@fable: Almost done with it?

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 megamannt123
i wish that all the time :P but who knows how it would affect my future? actually reminds me a bit of 11eyes...
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Sniper-Gamer
i wish that all the time :P but who knows how it would affect my future? actually reminds me a bit of 11eyes...megamannt123
Being able to correct past mistakes... I would love to have the opportunity to do that. A couple of them are big too... Stuff I regretted I did... or there's a couple of instances in which it's what I didn't do that haunts me.
megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 megamannt123
there's things i regretted doing or not doing, everyone's like that. however altering the past could have drastic effects on the future, and i don't know if i'd like that...the reason i brought up 11eyes was cause the main character eventually gains the power of foresight, which helps avoid certain situations
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Sniper-Gamer

there's things i regretted doing or not doing, everyone's like that. however altering the past could have drastic effects on the future, and i don't know if i'd like that...the reason i brought up 11eyes was cause the main character eventually gains the power of foresight, which helps avoid certain situationsmegamannt123
I know it will most likely change the future but I still want to be able to change my actions if I could...

Sounds pretty cool. I'd like to have that ability. :P

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 megamannt123

i wish you the best possible future then :P 

i think you might like that series, though it has mixed reviews. i think it's pretty cool myself 

Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Sniper-Gamer

i wish you the best possible future then :P

i think you might like that series, though it has mixed reviews. i think it's pretty cool myself

megamannt123

*checks it out on MAL*

*reads ecchi*

Hmm...

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 megamannt123
there was ecchi in that series? maybe in the OVA, but from what i remember there wasn't that much in the main series
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Sniper-Gamer

there was ecchi in that series? maybe in the OVA, but from what i remember there wasn't that much in the main seriesmegamannt123
Apparently. But I may check it out in the future.

Just finished Tamako Market. I was really hoping for more out of the creators of K-On. A little disappointed in it.

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 megamannt123

my best friend found it creepy...somehow :P it actually reminds me a fair amount of Persona 3 if you've played that ^^

did the characters/story fall flat or something? 

Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Sniper-Gamer

my best friend found it creepy...somehow :P it actually reminds me a fair amount of Persona 3 if you've played that ^^

did the characters/story fall flat or something?

megamannt123

Didn't get the chance to play Persona 3.

The characters weren't all that great to begin with except for the talking bird Dera, and there's no story to speak of. It's a slice of life in every sense of the word. The only problem, is it was rather boring to watch. I don't mind slice of life if there's either some kind of story or it's really funny. This one was neither. As I mentioned, Dera saved the anime since he acted all pompous when he really was just the butt of everyone's jokes. :P

fablesway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 fablesway

[QUOTE="megamannt123"]that actually makes quite a bit of sense! :oSniper-Gamer

It does. But there's still no way of figuring that out without having actually played the visual novel. But it does kind of make sense. Don't you sometimes wish you could go back in time with all the knowledge you have now?

@fable: Almost done with it?

I should have been done a long time ago... lol but i have been reading novels lately.. so that's been taking up my time :P anyways on chapter 31...

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 megamannt123

@Sniper: oh i see, too bad that was the case, but at least there was some humor to it. what did you rate it?

i just finished 2 ongoing series tonight, the first being GJ-bu. it was a pretty basic slice-of-life with limited environment, and while the characters were all decent, the humor could've been better. parts of it tried to take the Sketchbook route, where it was completely calm and simple. however it worked in Sketchbook, here it didn't quite. the ending was also a bit lackluster, though one part in particular was funny. overall i gave it a 7, since there were various humorous parts and a decent cast

the other was Zetsuen no Tempest, which was interesting from the beginning. i'm surprised they made it 24 rather than 12 episodes, but i'm glad they did, worked out well :D great cast of characters, good story (though a tad bit convuluted at times :P ), and even a decent amount of humor. i gave it an 8 and got a great quote out of it ^^ (though i could've pulled a lot from it tbh) 

Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Sniper-Gamer

@fable: I see. Keep reading and tell me how you like the change.

@mega: I gave it a 7. If there was an option for halves I would give it a 6.5.

I was hoping GJ-Bu would be better than that but I'll still check it out and see what it's like. And I hear Zetsuen no Tempest is good.

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 megamannt123

sounds like it's getting into Kiss x Sis ratings (i gave it a 6 :P )

it's not a bad watch, you might get more out of it than me. i actually encourage you to watch it to see what you think ^^ you heard right, very well done series *thanks friend for getting me into it* 

Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Sniper-Gamer

sounds like it's getting into Kiss x Sis ratings (i gave it a 6 :P )

it's not a bad watch, you might get more out of it than me. i actually encourage you to watch it to see what you think ^^ you heard right, very well done series *thanks friend for getting me into it*

megamannt123
Perhaps. I do like my slice of life/school anime. I'll watch it soon.
megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 megamannt123
cool, we can compare notes :P
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Sniper-Gamer

cool, we can compare notes :Pmegamannt123
I shall be glad to.

I am watching OreImo right now. This gives you a real insight into how otaku are treated in Japan.

megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 megamannt123
never heard of that series, but it's fun to say the name :P
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Sniper-Gamer
never heard of that series, but it's fun to say the name :Pmegamannt123
Try its full name: Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. That's why it's shortened to Oreimo.
megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 megamannt123
now that's a mouthful :P
dorthie2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#242 dorthie2
Member since 2009 • 13597 Posts
*watching Inu x Boku SS*
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Sniper-Gamer

now that's a mouthful :Pmegamannt123
If you want to see the life of an otaku, watch this. :P I'm so glad eroges and gal-games aren't popular over here or we would have some serious problems :P

dorthie2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#244 dorthie2
Member since 2009 • 13597 Posts
*watching Black Bulter and Inu x Boku SS*
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Sniper-Gamer
Finished it. It was pretty good; I gave it an 8. Now I'm all ready for the second season which starts next week.
megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 megamannt123

[QUOTE="megamannt123"]now that's a mouthful :PSniper-Gamer

If you want to see the life of an otaku, watch this. :P I'm so glad eroges and gal-games aren't popular over here or we would have some serious problems :P

i saw the life of an otaku through the wonderful Genshiken :P it probably is for the best that doesn't happen :P
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Sniper-Gamer
I'll keep that one in mind as well then. I think the funny part of this series is that it was the girls who were the hardcore otakus and the guy was normal. :P
megamannt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 megamannt123
Genshiken's got a mix of mostly guys and a few girls (and one girl who's a GF of one of the guys, and she hates otakus :P ). i wouldn't mind trying out that other series though, probably find it funny ^^
fablesway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 fablesway
Genshiken is awesome! :D i watched some lucky star... o-o
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points