romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

Despite how overrated i think star rankings are, i, too, get excited when a highly recruited kid picks my school. So here is where you can talk about anything that has to do with recruiting, whether it's a verbal committment, or you saw some highly ranked recruit play, or whatever.

Ray Polk, a 4 star RB from Arizona who a couple weeks ago said he might wait until signing day to make his decision, verbally committed to Colorado a couple days ago over Michigan, ASU, Nebraska, and a couple other schools.

Terps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Terps
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts
ATH Lamaar Thomas, the #1 player in the state of MD and #32 on rivals, committed to Ohio State. Other schools he was considering: Illinois, Maryland, and Florida. I really thought MD had a shot, but oh well
razman55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 razman55
Member since 2003 • 3507 Posts

I think John Elway's son Jack Elway has verbally commited to AZ State.

Just though i'd share that. I'm not even sure if he is good though.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Yeah I saw that, ESPN has him ranked 24th in the nation...the 24th ranked QB not overall player.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 romocop33
also, darrell scott, rivals' #1 RB, is deciding between Colorado, Florida, Cal, FSU, LSU, UCLA, and USC. i think he lists colorado, florida, and cal as his top 3. luckily, CU true freshman receiver josh smith is scott's uncle and played high school football with him, so i've got a good feeling.
Captious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Captious
Member since 2007 • 3374 Posts

also, darrell scott, rivals' #1 RB, is deciding between Colorado, Florida, Cal, FSU, LSU, UCLA, and USC. i think he lists colorado, florida, and cal as his top 3. luckily, CU true freshman receiver josh smith is scott's uncle and played high school football with him, so i've got a good feeling.romocop33

That would be huge for Colorado

But by some miracle Minnesota with their 1-6 record have3 four star recruits two Wide Recievers in Vincent Hill and Brandon Green and a Linebacker in Sam Maresh and a handful of 3 stars

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sith_acolyte15
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
This is a video of Sam McGuffie. He plays runningback at a 5A school in Texas. Yes Espurs, he's from Texas. But, he's committed to Michigan! :D
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts
FSU got the no. 1 pro style QB,so hopefully we can take care of the QB problem soon. and UGA right now has the no. 2 recruiting class. lookin good for my teams so far.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Espurs117

This is a video of Sam McGuffie. He plays runningback at a 5A school in Texas. Yes Espurs, he's from Texas. But, he's committed to Michigan! :Dsith_acolyte15

Yes I know. Everyone knows about him, guy is so overrated because he is white and there like omg a white RB!

romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 romocop33

FSU got the no. 1 pro style QB,so hopefully we can take care of the QB problem soon. and UGA right now has the no. 2 recruiting class. lookin good for my teams so far.36Ounces

FSU also just got 4 star WR Corey Surrency, who originally committed to colorado a long ass time ago but everyone knew he would jet as soon as he got a bigger offer.

Terps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Terps

[QUOTE="sith_acolyte15"]This is a video of Sam McGuffie. He plays runningback at a 5A school in Texas. Yes Espurs, he's from Texas. But, he's committed to Michigan! :DEspurs117

Yes I know. Everyone knows about him, guy is so overrated because he is white and there like omg a white RB!

wha? he's underrated because of that. and i hope UM starts him at some point.

Fartytoohearty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fartytoohearty
Member since 2005 • 1535 Posts

This is a video of Sam McGuffie. He plays runningback at a 5A school in Texas. Yes Espurs, he's from Texas. But, he's committed to Michigan! :Dsith_acolyte15

I watched the video and he looked pretty good.. He is crazy good at splitting defenders, which is very hard to do consistantly. He also follows his blocks well and gets up feild fast. He seemed to make like one cut and go, which is what coaches want you to always do.

The only thing I saw bad about him was he jumps over defenders too much, sure it looks cool and is flashy and can pick you up some extra yards some times... its also a way to get seriously injured when youre up in mid air you cant control where youre going very much so youre not gonna be dodging anyone and when you come back down its an easy way to get lit up.

Also, some of the runs showed more talent on the line then his... some of the holes he had to run through were ridiculous.... but overall he is a real good player.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="sith_acolyte15"]This is a video of Sam McGuffie. He plays runningback at a 5A school in Texas. Yes Espurs, he's from Texas. But, he's committed to Michigan! :DEspurs117

lol I think you're just bitter.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="sith_acolyte15"]This is a video of Sam McGuffie. He plays runningback at a 5A school in Texas. Yes Espurs, he's from Texas. But, he's committed to Michigan! :DCommanderShiro

lol I think you're just bitter.

No Aggie fans should be bitter, guy never was going to Texas he wasen't even considering them but he pretty much picked Michigan over the Aggies lol. Im just saying ive seen so many hype about this guy cuz he is white, he isnt even a top 10 RB coming out of HS.

Captious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Captious
Member since 2007 • 3374 Posts
Yea thats messed up they see an ok white rb and he is way overhyped wait 3 or 4 years and he wont be anything special..
Terps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Terps
ok rb? ill show you a black rb with the same speed, build, and stats, and hed be getting the same amount of hype if not more.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 romocop33
Ryan Deehan, 4 star TE from CA, and Lynn Katoa, 4 star LB and rivals' #2 LB prospect, recently committed to colorado. good thing, we'll be needing someone to replace dizon.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Espurs117
Katoa had Texas in the running too, he is a good player.
Avatar image for detroitpistons0
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 detroitpistons0
Member since 2006 • 12910 Posts
Michigan got a pretty good number of 4/5 star LB's out of this graduation class.... Maybe we'll return to 2008 with... "Defense"!!
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 detroitpistons0

[QUOTE="sith_acolyte15"]This is a video of Sam McGuffie. He plays runningback at a 5A school in Texas. Yes Espurs, he's from Texas. But, he's committed to Michigan! :DFartytoohearty

I watched the video and he looked pretty good.. He is crazy good at splitting defenders, which is very hard to do consistantly. He also follows his blocks well and gets up feild fast. He seemed to make like one cut and go, which is what coaches want you to always do.

The only thing I saw bad about him was he jumps over defenders too much, sure it looks cool and is flashy and can pick you up some extra yards some times... its also a way to get seriously injured when youre up in mid air you cant control where youre going very much so youre not gonna be dodging anyone and when you come back down its an easy way to get lit up.

Also, some of the runs showed more talent on the line then his... some of the holes he had to run through were ridiculous.... but overall he is a real good player.

He's pretty small... Only 188 Pounds.

romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 romocop33
most people think that Darrell Scott, rivals' number one running back in the country, has narrowed his decision to Colorado and Florida, and word has it that he cancelled his official visit to Florida and will be announcing his decision next week.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CommanderShiro
most people think that Darrell Scott, rivals' number one running back in the country, has narrowed his decision to Colorado and Florida, and word has it that he cancelled his official visit to Florida and will be announcing his decision next week. romocop33
He predicted the outcome of the Michigan game.
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 detroitpistons0

[QUOTE="romocop33"]most people think that Darrell Scott, rivals' number one running back in the country, has narrowed his decision to Colorado and Florida, and word has it that he cancelled his official visit to Florida and will be announcing his decision next week. CommanderShiro

What do you mean?

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CommanderShiro

[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"][QUOTE="romocop33"]most people think that Darrell Scott, rivals' number one running back in the country, has narrowed his decision to Colorado and Florida, and word has it that he cancelled his official visit to Florida and will be announcing his decision next week. detroitpistons0

What do you mean?

He doesn't want to play for a team that can't win in a bowl game they are favorited in. I'm not really being serious though. Colorado should do good with a prospect like that.
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 detroitpistons0

Well, after watching 3 and a half quarters of the HS All American game, McGuffie didn't do much special (Didn't get many chances, though). Cissoko was inconsistent on plays, and his height disadvantage really hurts him.

But Terrelle Pryor was awesome!

JETTin27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JETTin27
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts

http://www.nbcsports.com/portal/site/nbcsports/menuitem.6f806e473b4cb158fb00ec22493c2d04/?vgnextoid=702a73e52fb47110VgnVCM10000075c1d240RCRD&vgnextchannel=f4fed1378b5b6110VgnVCM10000075c1d240RCRD&vgnextfmt=default

i have heard that he has narrowed it down to ohio state and Michigan but i think he will go to Michigan because mallet is leaving and he has no competition

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sith_acolyte15
Dammit Pryor, pick Michigan already! *sigh*
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Espurs117
I have heard him say numerous times he isn't picking till signing day, so don't get all excited till then.
sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sith_acolyte15
Not so much "excited" as it is "anxious", with a little bit of "concerned".
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 detroitpistons0

Not so much "excited" as it is "anxious", with a little bit of "concerned".sith_acolyte15

You'll jynx it one day... Just like I jynxed the App State game a little.

JETTin27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JETTin27
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts

I have heard him say numerous times he isn't picking till signing day, so don't get all excited till then.Espurs117

i want him to go to OSU boeckman sucks! he is to jittery and doesnt get rid of the ball!

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
Link to Rivals.com experts predicting where the top recruits will go. 3 have Pryor going to Ohio St. the other to Michigan. They all have Julio Jones going to Alabama (bastards). And I really hope Jerrell Harris comes to AU, he'll be here for an official visit this weekend.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Espurs117
Damnit Scott! Charles left! The spot is wide open!
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CommanderShiro
Omar Hunter go to Florida damn you. Go to Florida. Screw those damn puppies!
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 detroitpistons0

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]I have heard him say numerous times he isn't picking till signing day, so don't get all excited till then.JETTin27

i want him to go to OSU boeckman sucks! he is to jittery and doesnt get rid of the ball!

How about you give him a break, man? He's only a sophomore playing his first season. Did you expect another Troy Smith/Kirk Herbstreit or something?

LSUTIGERMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LSUTIGERMAN
Member since 2004 • 659 Posts
Dammit Pryor, pick Michigan already! *sigh*sith_acolyte15
Haha I'm hoping LSU picks him up, seeing as he's expressed intrest as well as Julio Jones...though this could just be some of the games these kids play so they can say they got recruited by the top schools but choose this over that.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Espurs117
No chance Pryor goes to LSU. I'd give Michigan 90 percent chance of landing him. I mean seriously. Who is he gonan compete with? This is as obvious as Clausen to ND last year. Not to mention he plays the spread offense...hello Rodriguez.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#38 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

Omar Hunter go to Florida damn you. Go to Florida. Screw those damn puppies!CommanderShiro

He committed to Florida. I don't think Georgia was ever on his mind. He graduated from the same school as Darius Walker, so it really looked like he was going to Notre Dame. In fact, I think he made a soft verbal to play for ND. edit: well, I just saw that another LB from Hunter's HS already commited to Florida, so that probably influenced his decision more than Darius Walker.

And we didn't need him. With DeAngelo Tyson already committing, and pretty much everyone of the D coming back, receivers are what Richt is gunning for. :)

romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 romocop33
ahead of signing day, lynn katoa has enrolled early at colorado, is taking classes, and will be participating in spring practice.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 romocop33
word on the street is that one Terrelle Pryor was on campus in Boulder this last week taking an unofficial visit. there is a reason colorado ran the spread offense (poorly) in their bowl game. i'm not saying CU has a good chance at landing Pryor, i'm just saying...
B0Knows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 B0Knows
Member since 2007 • 1094 Posts

Hawkeyes Outlook for 2008

I wrote a fairly biased opinion piece on my forum. it has all our recruits on it to; thought you guys might like it, even though im one of the only hawk fans here.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Espurs117

word on the street is that one Terrelle Pryor was on campus in Boulder this last week taking an unofficial visit. there is a reason colorado ran the spread offense (poorly) in their bowl game. i'm not saying CU has a good chance at landing Pryor, i'm just saying...romocop33

Looks like Darell Scott is gonna pick between UT and CU, should be interesting. As long as he didn't go to the Aggies/Sooners or Huskers or make the mistake of sitting on the bench at USC.

romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 romocop33

[QUOTE="romocop33"]word on the street is that one Terrelle Pryor was on campus in Boulder this last week taking an unofficial visit. there is a reason colorado ran the spread offense (poorly) in their bowl game. i'm not saying CU has a good chance at landing Pryor, i'm just saying...Espurs117

Looks like Darell Scott is gonna pick between UT and CU, should be interesting. As long as he didn't go to the Aggies/Sooners or Huskers or make the mistake of sitting on the bench at USC.

seems like it. but to be honest, i'm getting a little sick of this kid and the way he is jerking around the coaches and fans from both schools by saying he's made up his mind but won't tell anyone until NSD because of his agreement with CSTV. he better live up to the hype, where ever he ends up going.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 geaux321
I hear that Scott might be taking an official visit to LSU this weekend, but it probably won't amount to anything.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 geaux321

By the way, Wednesday is Signing Day, here's a link to when the top remaining recruits will announce.

Oh, and Florida took the lead at Rivals with William Green announcing he'll sign with the Gators.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts
Come to FSU Julio!!
soccerman28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 soccerman28
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
It would be great if Julio Jones came to Texas Tech. Jones along side with Michael Crabtree we would be set for some big numbers. Also I'm glad that we have signed two four star defensive ends with Mckinner Dixon and Brandon Sesay. I hope Ruffin McNeill can help us on the defensive side, the one area we were weak in.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 geaux321
Sadly, Julio is probably going to go to Alabama, I'd love it if he went to FSU or TT, anywhere but UA.
Terps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Terps
MD picked up 4 star WR kenny Tate(MD). thats 3 4-star WR's, now we need a QB...
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 geaux321

MD picked up 4 star WR kenny Tate(MD). thats 3 4-star WR's, now we need a QB...Terps

Did Maryland become a passing school all of a sudden?