Union Poll: Convert this Board into a Public Board or Not?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerofMario1
Member since 2008 • 12972 Posts

As you may know, unions are sentenced to death in the upcoming weeks. However, because of protest, GS is offering an alternate. It is possible to convert this board into a public board. However, only the board will survive, and it may be possible that there will be no control over it for the leader and officers. Details are still scarce.

So, this poll is being started. There are a few options for you to pick. If you want this board converted into a public board, vote that. If it should be converted into a zetaboard or a similar service, vote that. If it should simply die, vote that. Vote other for other. Please vote quickly so we can make a decision! :)

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#2 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
I think it should be converted to a public board so that at least we keep all the threads here and everything.
clock0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#3 clock0
Member since 2009 • 226 Posts
Wait what do you mean by a public board?
clock0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clock0
I voted public board but what does that mean
game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts
Thinking about it, I think converting onto zetaboards is the best altertative.
clock0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clock0
Thinking about it, I think converting onto zetaboards is the best altertative.game-ster23
Whats that mean?what is a public board?
Lost_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Lost_M
Member since 2010 • 1280 Posts

This is a very tough decision to make. I believe that it might be best to move to another site, however, I do not have very much interest in moving. I'll cast my vote tomorrow after I give this more thought.

[QUOTE="game-ster23"]Thinking about it, I think converting onto zetaboards is the best altertative.clock0

A public board is pretty much every single board on the main forums, like "Legacy Platforms" and "System Wars". Zetaboards is an outside site that is similar to how unions are run on Gamespot.

clock0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clock0

This is a very tough decision to make. I believe that it might be best to move to another site, however, I do not have very much interest in moving. I'll cast my vote tomorrow after I give this more thought.

[QUOTE="clock0"][QUOTE="game-ster23"]Thinking about it, I think converting onto zetaboards is the best altertative.Lost_M

A public board is pretty much every single board on the main forums, like "Legacy Platforms" and "System Wars". Zetaboards is an outside site that is similar to how unions are run on Gamespot.

In that case I want it to be in a public board,I really think thats best
dorthie2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 dorthie2
Member since 2009 • 13597 Posts

I prefer GOM1 to convert to Zetaboard like my union (Pokemon Regions Union)

I already made threads there. I'm trying to get my members there.

I don't believe public boards b/c there will be trolls and spammers to ruin your thread 

GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamerofMario1

I'll give this poll a couple more days. I am interested in seeing what is the result.

@dorthie: I want to leave it to my members for now, but there is still a lot of time for the tide of the poll to change. And I will vote only to break a tie. But I will see you at zetaboards!

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SloganYams
Member since 2010 • 981 Posts

Quiet everyone... I am about to speak.

I voted for "other." I say we shouldn't just make a public board like zetaboards or anything like that.  I say we should make a whole website dedicated to the Mario series where we can write reviews and articles as well as forums. Not just a public board, but a full-on semi-professional site. 

clock0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clock0
Slogan Yams good speech,but here is what I think is best for this union. Look guys,I know you might want this into a huge site,but that would probably take awhile,even if making it into just 1 huge site is easy I think it would just be easier to make this into a big public board,come on guys think about it.We could have this into 1 board and there you go,we still have the union.It would be easier to move it to a public board.Also when are the unions being taken down?
Lost_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lost_M
Member since 2010 • 1280 Posts
Okay, after thinking this over, I have decided to vote for the zetaboards/other service option. I believe that it will be best to try and live on somewhere else, since Gamespot is determined to stamp unions out.
SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SloganYams
Member since 2010 • 981 Posts

Slogan Yams good speech,but here is what I think is best for this union. Look guys,I know you might want this into a huge site,but that would probably take awhile,even if making it into just 1 huge site is easy I think it would just be easier to make this into a big public board,come on guys think about it.We could have this into 1 board and there you go,we still have the union.It would be easier to move it to a public board.Also when are the unions being taken down?clock0

Simply turning this into a forum and nothing more is hardly interesting though. Perhaps we can start a new site beginning with the forums, and then expand. I just find public forums to be boring on their lonesone. 

GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GamerofMario1

Quiet everyone... I am about to speak.

I voted for "other." I say we shouldn't just make a public board like zetaboards or anything like that.  I say we should make a whole website dedicated to the Mario series where we can write reviews and articles as well as forums. Not just a public board, but a full-on semi-professional site. 

SloganYams

That's interesting. It is certainly an option for me to consider.

JBL_Fan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JBL_Fan7
Member since 2011 • 477 Posts
I say zetaboards!
clock0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clock0

[QUOTE="clock0"]Slogan Yams good speech,but here is what I think is best for this union. Look guys,I know you might want this into a huge site,but that would probably take awhile,even if making it into just 1 huge site is easy I think it would just be easier to make this into a big public board,come on guys think about it.We could have this into 1 board and there you go,we still have the union.It would be easier to move it to a public board.Also when are the unions being taken down?SloganYams

Simply turning this into a forum and nothing more is hardly interesting though. Perhaps we can start a new site beginning with the forums, and then expand. I just find public forums to be boring on their lonesone. 

Look slogan yams,its now tied,now lets see what the tie breaker will be.But look if this union originated on this site,I think it should stay on this site.But thats my opinion,and the public board won't be that boring.To whoever must break the tie breaker,pick what you think is best for the union.I want the public board,but I really just want the union to still be around.
clock0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clock0
[QUOTE="SloganYams"]

[QUOTE="clock0"]Slogan Yams good speech,but here is what I think is best for this union. Look guys,I know you might want this into a huge site,but that would probably take awhile,even if making it into just 1 huge site is easy I think it would just be easier to make this into a big public board,come on guys think about it.We could have this into 1 board and there you go,we still have the union.It would be easier to move it to a public board.Also when are the unions being taken down?clock0

Look slogan yams,its now tied,now lets see what the tie breaker will be.But look if this union originated on this site,I think it should stay on this site.But thats my opinion,and the public board won't be that boring.To whoever must break the tie breaker,pick what you think is best for the union.I want the public board,but I really just want the union to still be around.

Wait its not a tie anymore
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GamerofMario1
I'm reserving my vote for the tiebreaker, if necessary. It looks like a public board is going to win, but I am keeping this up for a few days.
game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 game-ster23
When are the unions going to be deleted?
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GamerofMario1

When are the unions going to be deleted?game-ster23

There is no specified date yet, but it will be in the "upcoming weeks".

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 game-ster23

[QUOTE="game-ster23"]When are the unions going to be deleted?GamerofMario1

Good. I have some plans for the last weeks of the union.
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GamerofMario1
[QUOTE="GamerofMario1"]

[QUOTE="game-ster23"]When are the unions going to be deleted?game-ster23

Good. I have some plans for the last weeks of the union.

Ooh, interesting. ;) Although we should assume that unions will be gone by late September/early October.

clock0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clock0
I'm reserving my vote for the tiebreaker, if necessary. It looks like a public board is going to win, but I am keeping this up for a few days.GamerofMario1
I really think the public board is best,but thats my opinion,whatever option wins,is whatever one it will be
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#26 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I hope this union will be around when i get my Wii U
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GamerofMario1

I hope this union will be around when i get my Wii UThe_Last_Ride

Judging by voting, we'll probably move to a public board, but we might do zetaboards, too.

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 game-ster23

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I hope this union will be around when i get my Wii UGamerofMario1

Judging by voting, we'll probably move to a public board, but we might do zetaboards, too.

I feel that's best, though I won't be as active as before.
clock0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clock0
[QUOTE="GamerofMario1"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I hope this union will be around when i get my Wii Ugame-ster23

I feel that's best, though I won't be as active as before.

I hate to say it but I might not be as active too :(
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GamerofMario1
On zetaboards, or as a public board? I can understand not being as active, since a zetaboard is completely seperate from this site. But I am willing to give it a shot.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#31 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I hope this union will be around when i get my Wii UGamerofMario1

Yeah, you may as well try both.
clock0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clock0
On zetaboards, or as a public board? I can understand not being as active, since a zetaboard is completely seperate from this site. But I am willing to give it a shot.GamerofMario1
I don't even know what ZetaBoard is,maybe slogan yams was right about moving this union to its own site.
game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 game-ster23
On zetaboards, or as a public board? I can understand not being as active, since a zetaboard is completely seperate from this site. But I am willing to give it a shot.GamerofMario1
On zetaboards, being busy and all.
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GamerofMario1
I am going to close this thread up now, and I am going to show it to JuniorPower.