The HCU is Offering a $50 Prize to Anyone Who Wins it GS's Border Design Contest

Sentinelrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Sentinelrv
Member since 2002 • 23386 Posts

Hey everybody, I'm leader of The HeadCrab Union. Just a note, if this thread is against the rules here, I'm sorry and you can just lock it. Hopefully it's not and everybody here can take advantage of my offer.

First of all, I searched through three pages of image design unions and this is the ONLY ONE that is still active. Even the top level unions are dead, so congratulations! I'd actually like to know here if you could tell me what exactly you're doing to keep the union so active. I was very surprised to see this, especially since most unions on GameSpot are now dead.

Anyway, the point of my post here is to tell you about The HeadCrab Union's offer. GameSpot is holding an image design contest and The HeadCrab Union, which has recently reactivated after a three year hiatus, would like to win it. Winning this contest would help to jumpstart our union again after our long hiatus, because we'd be advertised in GameSpot's Community Blog. So to help with this, I'm offering a $50 prize to anyone who wins this contest on the HCU's behalf. All the contest details are located here. You must put your submissions in that thread also. If there are any questions, please let me know, thanks!

And again, what exactly are you doing to keep your union's activity so high where everyone else fails?

Flamesingh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Flamesingh1
Member since 2007 • 5362 Posts
Normally this type of topic would irk me, but judging that you seem sincere enough and the amount of reputation that comes from the HCU is quite something. As far as participation from the union, everything just kind of works here. We are all friendly enough to provide constructive critiscism here so anyone who is interested in getting into designing just kind of gravitates towards this place.
Sentinelrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sentinelrv
Do you do a lot of contests here? I know that usually gets people active.
Flamesingh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Flamesingh1
Do you do a lot of contests here? I know that usually gets people active.Sentinelrv
Not really, if anything contests are kind of looked down upon a bit here. Like i said there is a bit of a feel of a community here so people stick around to see eachother get beter in designing in such rather than to feel that they are superior.
Mr_Jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr_Jenkins
Member since 2009 • 14116 Posts
We have SoTW and we've had tournaments in the past and we have the battle thread, so there is quite a bit of competition.
anihimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 anihimz
Member since 2010 • 14242 Posts
We have SoTW and we've had tournaments in the past and we have the battle thread, so there is quite a bit of competition.Mr_Jenkins
True that
Flamesingh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flamesingh1
We have SoTW and we've had tournaments in the past and we have the battle thread, so there is quite a bit of competition.Mr_Jenkins
And there are 2 submissions per week in the SOTW, the battle thread has had about 4 battles, and we had 1 tournament in a year.
dahui58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dahui58
Member since 2005 • 21566 Posts

I appreciate your turning it into a contest, and you paying someone if they win is pretty generous, but isn't that kind of stealing the thunder of our union, if someone from this union wins I'm sure they'd appreciate Mass Designers Lounge getting featured for the first time, rather than the HCU. Even if it is a legendary union.

I might try to enter this competition but I'd need to redownload PS. I'd be entering for a different union probably. That's irrelevant anyway because it's not like I'm going to win lol.

Sentinelrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sentinelrv

I appreciate your turning it into a contest, and you paying someone if they win is pretty generous, but isn't that kind of stealing the thunder of our union, if someone from this union wins I'm sure they'd appreciate Mass Designers Lounge getting featured for the first time, rather than the HCU. Even if it is a legendary union.

I might try to enter this competition but I'd need to redownload PS. I'd be entering for a different union probably. That's irrelevant anyway because it's not like I'm going to win lol.

dahui58

Sure, I can understand what you're saying there. That does make sense. You're all welcome to support your own union if you wish. I guess what I could do however is if the winning submission comes from your union, I'll stick up an article about it on our front page giving you guys props for it.

daxter223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 daxter223
Member since 2008 • 9433 Posts

Look dahui this really isn't about money or whoever kicks most butt  this is about  friendly competition this is more about what i've been trying to get the MDL in since I used to be leader , we now have opportunities open to the gamespot community and we should grab them , maybe it'll bring us some new fresh blood to train , maybe it'll put us even more on top who knows :P

dahui58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dahui58

Look dahui this really isn't about money or whoever kicks most butt  this is about  friendly competition this is more about what i've been trying to get the MDL in since I used to be leader , we now have opportunities open to the gamespot community and we should grab them , maybe it'll bring us some new fresh blood to train , maybe it'll put us even more on top who knows :P

daxter223

You must have misunderstood me if you think that I think it's about money, I specifically stated I'd choose another union over giving it away for money.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#12 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts

I'd do it for the money.

But I don't think I'd make anything worthy of winning, so meh :P 

anihimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 anihimz

I'd do it for the money.

But I don't think I'd make anything worthy of winning, so meh :P 

Dudersaper

Lol me too:P

Question: is the prize money in US Dollars

dahui58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dahui58

$50 prizeSentinelrv

Yes it is.

anihimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anihimz

[QUOTE="Sentinelrv"]$50 prizedahui58

Yes it is.

He didn't saything about currency tho
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dudersaper
There's a dollar sign there..
anihimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anihimz

There's a dollar sign there..Dudersaper
Which means either US or Canadian dollars...

Excuse my questions I just need to know lol

Flamesingh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Flamesingh1

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]There's a dollar sign there..anihimz

Which means either US or Canadian dollars...

Excuse my questions I just need to know lol

Even if you still had a point, you know money can be converted right?
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#19 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

There really isn't any friendly competition.:P  Whenever someone has to be the best, there is always that mean competition you get, and if there was friendly competition, its not a competition.:|

Yes I know this post was just as confusing as my meme post. 

Sentinelrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sentinelrv
Yes it is in US dollars. Also, there are four days left remaining in the contest and there has been only one submission in the main contest thread. The HCU has had no submissions yet, so even if you don't think you'd be able to make something worth winning, I'd throw something in anyway, just in case the turnout is low.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

There really isn't any friendly competition.:P  Whenever someone has to be the best, there is always that mean competition you get, and if there was friendly competition, its not a competition.:|

Yes I know this post was just as confusing as my meme post. 

shadowchronicle

Far from it, actually. 

Sentinelrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sentinelrv
Just to let everyone know, the deadline is tomorrow,June 30th at 12:00 PM PT. This is going to be my last post about it here. Thanks to everybody that entered!
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i was going to make one, but gave up once i noticed it was a frame and not a banner :P
dahui58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dahui58

Are the results out yet?

I wonder if sentinelrv will ever come back here? :P

daxter223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 daxter223
Member since 2008 • 9433 Posts
......lets hope he will people already think we're moody lets not give them another reason to not like us -.-
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dudersaper

We didn't give any reason to not like us. We just didn't accept doing the thing. Whatever.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#27 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

......lets hope he will people already think we're moody lets not give them another reason to not like us -.-daxter223
We're doing the requests though?:P  We're not really that moody.  

anihimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 anihimz
Just to let everyone know, the deadline is tomorrow,June 30th at 12:00 PM PT. This is going to be my last post about it here. Thanks to everybody that entered!Sentinelrv
Whoops...
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrunoBRS

......lets hope he will people already think we're moody lets not give them another reason to not like us -.-daxter223
it's not because we don't take every single request like slaves (or feel like we should be competing for ourselves rather than for third parties) that we're moody.

it's not our job, dax. it's a hobby. and we're all here to have fun, plain and simple.

Mr_Jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mr_Jenkins
Member since 2009 • 14116 Posts
Actually me and PD both provided an entry.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BrunoBRS
Actually me and PD both provided an entry.Mr_Jenkins
which makes the "let's not piss people off" thing make even less sense.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dudersaper
It would make no sense in any way, we're not here to please people, as long as we still have are small community we don't even need to care what other people even think of us. Dunno why Dax gets all fed up over that.
Flamesingh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Flamesingh1

Yup. I did it.