MiniPratesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 MiniPratesi
Member since 2004 • 112 Posts

So my dad doesn't like video games, but lets me buy handheld systems. So got the DS did I.

I was playing A Link to the Past on the GBA slot in the DS and realized, they could easily remake Ocarina of Time for the DS like they remade Super Mario 64 for the DS. You know, they could put maps or the other subscreens on the touch menu, use the X and Y buttons in place of the C buttons from the N64, and use the L button in place of the Z button. And it'd be great, because I always would play Ocarina on the N64 when I was at friends' houses and never really got to play the game even though I really wanted to.

So I was wondering if anybody had any information whether or not that was going to happen without my knowing about it, or if anybody wanted to make a petition or something to get Nintendo to remake The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo DS.

Just a thought, and Hello to everybody.

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
Hello, and welcome to our union =)

Last we know, there is a Zelda game in development for the DS. We are not exactly sure exactly what kind of game it will be though. Personally, I think it will be the old 2D style with multiplayer elements such as Four Swords GC.

A port of OoT is not something I really see in the future. I have heard there are some control issues with SM64 DS, though I have not tried that game. I too own a DS, and think a new Zelda (3D) will be sweet. If OoT would come out though, I probably would not buy it since I have the GameCube version.

musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
let's hope not. you can get it twice on GameCube, once on 64, and then again when the Revolution hits. tell your dad to lighten up and let you get consoles.
woodmeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 woodmeist
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts
For some reason I prefer to play all games on their original console, I'm not really a fan of ports but OOT and MM were a real nice freebie with TWW.
ZeldaFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ZeldaFalcon
Member since 2005 • 585 Posts
I dont think the DS would do the Ocarina of Time graphics justice......just my personal opinion, but I believe that visually appealing games should be played on the biggest tv screen in the house. :D
LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 LordJinChaos
Member since 2004 • 17713 Posts
Couldn't of said it better myself.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts
NO! I already have three copies of the game, the control wuld be bad(SM64DS had serious control problems), and the graphic capability isn't high enough on the DS. I would buy it(hey, it's a zelda game) but, still I would want an original 2D game for the DS. Maybe when Game Boy Evolution comes out(which I think will have analog, better graphics then the PSP, and worse battery then the DS) they will be able to do it but, even then I would prefer a brand new 3D adventure for the handheld(that would be awesome).
LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LordJinChaos
Sure would.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
DS has better graphics than N64
hermanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 hermanson
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts
I think it would be cool for a 3D version for the DS but not a port of OOT. Some new Zelda game for the DS.
A-Low

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 A-Low
Member since 2004 • 5380 Posts
They need to make a zelda game for the ds that has similar graphical style for the n64.
Rcsaints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Rcsaints
Member since 2005 • 575 Posts

Has a Gameboy Evolution even been confirmed? I mean, Nintendo just released the DS and has the GBA Micro coming up soon. Maybe the thing everybody thought would be the GE was actually the Micro? Just a thought. ..

LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LordJinChaos
Don't know, don't care.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 natiko

Has a Gameboy Evolution even been confirmed? I mean, Nintendo just released the DS and has the GBA Micro coming up soon. Maybe the thing everybody thought would be the GE was actually the Micro? Just a thought. ..

Rcsaints
No, the Micro isn't the same thing as GE. It might not be called GE(but, most people think it will be called that) and it hasn't been officialy confirmed but, it's going to come(you think Nintendo is done in the handheld buisness? Not likely) because, DS is not a new GB it's a different product. Some were expecting them to announce the GE instead of the Micro but, my guess is it will come(the GE that is) next year a few monthes before the Revolution(also Evolution seems to go along with Revolution and I like the name) just like the GBA came a few monthes before the GC.
LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LordJinChaos
Thanks for the info.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 natiko
No problem.
imbigger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 imbigger99
Member since 2005 • 338 Posts
they already ported Ocarina to GCN, so i highly doubt the would port it to the DS
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BurningDragoon
Member since 2004 • 5134 Posts
Hello, and welcome to our union =)

Last we know, there is a Zelda game in development for the DS. We are not exactly sure exactly what kind of game it will be though. Personally, I think it will be the old 2D style with multiplayer elements such as Four Swords GC.

A port of OoT is not something I really see in the future. I have heard there are some control issues with SM64 DS, though I have not tried that game. I too own a DS, and think a new Zelda (3D) will be sweet. If OoT would come out though, I probably would not buy it since I have the GameCube version.

nuck44

Wasnt there a thread here, that explained that DS Zelda wouldnt be like FourSwords???
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BurningDragoon
[QUOTE="Rcsaints"]

natiko
No, the Micro isn't the same thing as GE. It might not be called GE(but, most people think it will be called that) and it hasn't been officialy confirmed but, it's going to come(you think Nintendo is done in the handheld buisness? Not likely) because, DS is not a new GB it's a different product. Some were expecting them to announce the GE instead of the Micro but, my guess is it will come(the GE that is) next year a few monthes before the Revolution(also Evolution seems to go along with Revolution and I like the name) just like the GBA came a few monthes before the GC.

i agree with u.

And Nintendo cant let Sony take the cake with the PSP.
483paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#20 483paul
Member since 2005 • 525 Posts
all i got to say is your freakin 17! buy a damn console!
LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LordJinChaos
Exactly.
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BurningDragoon
all i got to say is your freakin 17! buy a damn console!483paul

hahaha, yeah.
LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LordJinChaos
I hate mobile systems anyway.
AuronCloud7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 AuronCloud7
Member since 2004 • 7286 Posts
I'd buy a DS.
KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 KenTa_613
Member since 2004 • 11702 Posts

let's hope not. you can get it twice on GameCube, once on 64, and then again when the Revolution hits. tell your dad to lighten up and let you get consoles.musicXpirate

yup. itd be a waste to port it on DS.

woodmeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 woodmeist
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

[QUOTE="musicXpirate"]let's hope not. you can get it twice on GameCube, once on 64, and then again when the Revolution hits. tell your dad to lighten up and let you get consoles.KenTa_613

yup. itd be a waste to port it on DS.

I don't think it would be a waste, many people would buy it just to play the greatest game of all time, anywhere. But there is no real reason, as it has been ported twice already.

natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 natiko
[QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="Rcsaints"]

BurningDragoon

i agree with u.

Of course Nintendo can't. I just hope that GBE will be more powreful than PSP.
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BurningDragoon
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="Rcsaints"]

natiko

i agree with u.

it has to be, or else PSP will win this generation of handhelds.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 natiko
[QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="Rcsaints"]

BurningDragoon

i agree with u.

it has to be, or else PSP will win this generation of handhelds.

It should be because, it will be coming out later than PSP and it will have more time to make it better.
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BurningDragoon
i wonder how will the GBE be???

Back on topic. I just hope the new DS Zelda is similar to LA, THEN it would be the Best handheld Zelda game after 2 generations.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 natiko
i wonder how will the GBE be???

Back on topic. I just hope the new DS Zelda is similar to LA, THEN it would be the Best handheld Zelda game after 2 generations.
BurningDragoon
I doubt will ever see a better 2D Zelda better than LA. Wouldn't it be kinda cool if they remade it for DS or GBE with really good graphics?
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BurningDragoon
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"]i wonder how will the GBE be???

natiko
I doubt will ever see a better 2D Zelda better than LA. Wouldn't it be kinda cool if they remade it for DS or GBE with really good graphics?

Yes a remake would be cool.

but hey i dont complain for a game similar to LA.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 natiko
[QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"]i wonder how will the GBE be???

BurningDragoon

Neither do I but, I just don't think it's very likely.
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BurningDragoon
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"]i wonder how will the GBE be???

natiko

We can just hope.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 natiko
[QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"]i wonder how will the GBE be???

BurningDragoon

We can just hope.

Plus, the chances are growing smaller because there probably won't be a huge number of 2D ones in the next few years.
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BurningDragoon
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"]i wonder how will the GBE be???

natiko

We can just hope.

Plus, the chances are growing smaller because there probably won't be a huge number of 2D ones in the next few years.

Indeed.
But to tell you the truth, i have more fun with 2D Zeldas, i dont know why. I just enjoy them more.

A 3D Zelda is great too.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 natiko
[QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"]i wonder how will the GBE be???

BurningDragoon

We can just hope.

Indeed.
But to tell you the truth, i have more fun with 2D Zeldas, i dont know why. I just enjoy them more.

A 3D Zelda is great too.

LA is my second favorite Zelda ever. Just behind OoT. Though that might change with TP.
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BurningDragoon
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"]i wonder how will the GBE be???

natiko

We can just hope.

Indeed.

A 3D Zelda is great too.

LA is my second favorite Zelda ever. Just behind OoT. Though that might change with TP.

indeed it will change.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 natiko
[QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"]i wonder how will the GBE be???

BurningDragoon

We can just hope.

Indeed.

A 3D Zelda is great too.

indeed it will change.

Hopefully...we don't know that yet...
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BurningDragoon

Hopefully...we don't know that yet...natiko

yes hopefully.
KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KenTa_613
[QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"]i wonder how will the GBE be???

BurningDragoon

We can just hope.

Indeed.

A 3D Zelda is great too.

yah i enjoy em a lil more too.
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts

I actually read that some Zelda fans were remaking OoT for GBA with ALttP graphics. So it was a 2d itteration of OoT.

It looked really cool.

KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KenTa_613

I actually read that some Zelda fans were remaking OoT for GBA with ALttP graphics. So it was a 2d itteration of OoT.

It looked really cool.

IkeXC07
oh ive seen that. yah it looks great. i also seen that project where there doing metroid prime 2D.
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts
[QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

It looked really cool.

KenTa_613

oh ive seen that. yah it looks great. i also seen that project where there doing metroid prime 2D.

:shock: I haven't seen that.

Can you hook me up with a link?

KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KenTa_613
[QUOTE="KenTa_613"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

It looked really cool.

IkeXC07

um i think its on that website samus.co.uk then u should see metroid orime 2D as one of the buttons.

natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 natiko
[QUOTE="IkeXC07"][QUOTE="KenTa_613"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

It looked really cool.

KenTa_613

um i think its on that website samus.co.uk then u should see metroid orime 2D as one of the buttons.

I heard about all these things and a few more things in Electronic Gaming Monthly a while back.
MiniPratesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MiniPratesi
Well, I managed to get my own N64 and have been playing OoT like a complete addict, which I deff am. Oh well. Methinks I;m just going to say shiggity Shiggity Shway to get mine level up on this website...Later
MiniPratesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MiniPratesi

Shiggity Shiggity Shway

MiniPratesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points