D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

User Lists: 0

#301 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
Same here except I lost my guitar controller moving.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#302 Xx_Kares_xX
Member since 2009 • 1479 Posts
That sucks x.x especially since they seem to keep going up in price.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#303 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts
This conversation is making me want to play it now.... Yeah... I am gonna play it now. But the question is... Rock Band 3 or Blitz? Hmmmmmm......
Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#304 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts
Do you guys know you can put custom songs in the pc version of Guitar Hero 3? I've been doing it for over a year now. Someone has to make the chart for the song and you have to have the song on your laptop. That's it in it's most basic form, it might take a while to learn about it if you guys don't know anything about it already. I could send you a link to a tutorial if any of you are interested.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 Xx_Kares_xX
Interesting... I've never tried that because I play all my guitar heros on pS2...I do have a ps2 to USB adapter though... hmmm
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 irishdude199210

I play my guitar heroes on ps3 :lol: I just downloaded a cracked torrent of the pc version of guitar hero 3 for my laptop, you could too :P I use my ps3 guitar hero controller too. Whammy bar doesn't work on the pc version (never tried very hard to figure out how to make it work on that version) but everything else does. You just need a program that maps the controller buttons to keyboard buttons. It's all relatively simple, it just might take a while to learn the stuff about actually adding custom songs to the game. You can go even deeper than just adding songs. You can use custom characters, stages, lighting etc. But I care about is playing the songs so I never bothered with all those cosmetics. You can make custom setlists too; I've got all my custom Metallica songs at the touch of a button. The bad thing about it is it's a pretty time consuming affair, plus some charts are kinda crap. It might take a while to properly the notes to the chart, plus you can't (rather, you shouldn't) pause during a song. If you pause (this happens me anyway, maybe it doesn't for everyone) during a song and then unpause, the notes are offbeat from the music. It's so annoying that I always restart the song if I ever have to pause. There's a certain..... lack of polish and professionalism to the charts, but hey, they're free :)

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Xx_Kares_xX
That's awesome, maybe if I get a ld hair I will try that, but for the most part I guitar hero-ed myself out a while back, and actually right now Im kinda just... gamed out.. I made need a break... or to play more No More Heroes ^^... that might get me out of my funk.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 irishdude199210
Yeah, I don't even play games all that often anymore :P I mean, I used to play them about 2-3 hours a day (4-5 hours or more during days off). Now, I play about 8 hours a week. I tend to watch alot more tv shows now and I'm more interested in doing somewhat pointless activities online too haha.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 Xx_Kares_xX
I go through phases of constant guitar playing/singing, a crap load of gaming.. and sitting through whole seasons of tv shows/anime... I would add motorcycle riding too that but I don't get to do that nearly as much @.@
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 irishdude199210
Sounds like you have a busy schedule. :P From morning to night I look at my phone, or I look at computer monitors or tvs. Constantly trying to keep up with tv shows or social things, or using websites like youtube and facebook that basically waste your day. Sometimes it'd be better to just take a break from everything like that.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Xx_Kares_xX
Yeah I usually have youtube on in the background whileI'm playing games... @.@
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 irishdude199210
Don't get me wrong, youtube is awesome. It's just... it's very easy to get distracted by sites like that. I only turn on my laptop when I need to (mainly for college work). Other than that, I'd use my phone for it. So I never have things on in the background when I play games. Anyway, I have to leave for college in about 9 hours, I'd better head to bed! haha
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 Xx_Kares_xX
oh yeah, I forgot what a huge time difference it is @.@ lol.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Balmane
Lucky I don't have college on Monday's :P
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Xx_Kares_xX
Heeey me neither ^^ lol
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 D3dr0_0
I don't go until Tuesday.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 Xx_Kares_xX
Hey guys, Small update... ish...  really just telling you guys the challenge is on hold, probably for the week while I finish up no more heroes, then I will get back to FFIX.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 D3dr0_0
How is No More Heros?
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 D3dr0_0
How is No More Heros?
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Xx_Kares_xX

It's good... but me being my critical self of course I have some bones to pick with it. I'm actually about to play the last mission right now, and I've done essentially a 100% run of the game (except for the extra trading cards you can only unlock in New Game + but they are literally just collectibles that don't do anything)

I was debating whether or not I should write a review on it... but for a slim version, basically it's a very stylized beat-em-up with a great since of humor, not much plot (though what little of it there is, is actually really interesting. I felt like they played all their cards early as there are only about 10 levels and they repeat a couple of them more than once... which when a game is this short was rather unexcusable to me. Over all I really like it, and considering it's about a $5 game now it is definitely worth picking up if you are curious about it, but know that it gets repetitive, and it's kind of a guillty pleasure, style over substance sort of deal.

Edit: Well I completed the Main story, and just to put some more insight on my critical opinion above, I still don't feel done with the game.  I.. feel like starting this game over and playing it again in New Game + mode right now and I NEVER do that with my games (a big part of that is probably the fact that most games I play are around 50 hours long as opposed to only 15, but still). Despite some control issues and the things I listed above, it's definitely worth playing. I'm struggling between 100%-ing this game with a new game plus and starting the sequel... but I know I have the challenge to get back to.. it's such a dilemna @.@... then again, I didn't plan on starting up FFIX again until monday soooooooo maybe I will work on No More Heroes a bit longer...

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Balmane

I have always wanted to play no more heroes. But I wanted the American version. The European version took out the blood!

I know it's a small minor thing but I like my random violence every now and then! There is no need to take it away! 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 Xx_Kares_xX
o.o The euroean version took out the blood? Man that sucks... I mean I'm not really a big fan of 'gore' but the way it's used in no more heroes is an artistic choice you know what I mean? I hate censorship of pretty much any form (the exception being things like... random hate speech). There are a lot of things out there I don't really.. agree with or enjoy (the portrayal of women in Duke Nukem Forever or for the love of god the Human Centipede movie) but if letting those things free the way they are means I get freedom in the things I enjoy It's a worthy trade off in my opinion.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 D3dr0_0
I don't really mind censorship but I could see why it would annoy people.
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#324 lordmew
Member since 2009 • 1315 Posts

WAIT WHAT! The European version has taken out the gore!. My god, I thought the American censoring was bad. Sounds idiotic that they would take out what would already is in the game and gives the games more charactheristc feel. Darnit I was also really mad when they censored the Zelda series for blood and Gerudo signs. Censorship is one of the inner circles of video game hell

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Xx_Kares_xX

At first I thought Lordmew was making fun of me, I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not ^^' lol. Some minor censorship doesn't bug me but a lot of the time it's just unecessary b.s. where the government is essentially dictating what we can or can not watch, regardless of our age. (for the record, when I said censorship I meant for adults, I DO Believe some things aren't appropriate for children, but that's another arguement)

The thing that gets me about no more heroes being censored is how FAKE it is. It's obviously glorified, yet artistic over the top nonsense! It's not like it's a realistic portrayal. 

Edit: Scott Pilgrim + Kill Bill = No More Heroes

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Xx_Kares_xX
No More Heroes II seems way DARKER than the first game, I mean visually it is, but the plot and music.. just the whole over all tone is way more mature and kind of depressing, I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. It still has the humor of course, but even that seems to be a bit more mature in nature (and considering the first game was already rather adult, you can imagine the difference)
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 lordmew

Yeah in No More Heroes 2 you have characthers that give a quick backstory that you easily can relate to pain. Even "Nipple-Man" has gone through a large bit of pain....

I really liked two of the assassins, the one that just wanted to get out and the one that was the lone sniper. Of course the cosmonaut got its charms too. The main plot is just stupid on the other hand, really... the side missions pizza guy... REALLY!!! 

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Balmane

WAIT WHAT! The European version has taken out the gore!. My god, I thought the American censoring was bad. Sounds idiotic that they would take out what would already is in the game and gives the games more charactheristc feel. Darnit I was also really mad when they censored the Zelda series for blood and Gerudo signs. Censorship is one of the inner circles of video game hell

lordmew

At least it's not as bad as Australia where they won't accept any 18's games or movies. Well I think they are trying to change that. 

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 lordmew
Yeah I know about that in Australia, apearantly they have got two games now, and there is a hole truckload of games going through uncensoring for people. I am happy on their behalf that they get 18+ games now
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 Xx_Kares_xX

Poor Australia... x.x

WELL I've had a very busy non-gaming weekend which means two things. One, I think I'm over my break from RPGs, so I will be moving right back to FFIX which I am once again very excited about. 

No more heroes 2 will be put on the backburner for the next time I get bored with the challenge. I think the first game made for a nice, short break. Anyway,  that's where things are now (oh, and working on that FFVIII write up still... I'm sorry about the wait on that for those of you that cared about it).

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Xx_Kares_xX
Well for those that didn't see the post in the other thread, I finally finished the FFVIII write up... and I'm done with Disc 1 of Final Fantasy IX so.. Yay for accomplishing things! Next I have to decide if I'm going to restructure my the play-order of my challenge or not. I guess we'll have to see when I'm not so tired. Time for some hot coacoa, Theatrythm, and sleeeeep
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 Balmane
In March I have decided I am not playing any online games so I can finish a few games. FFIX is one gamme I wanna finish next month.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 Xx_Kares_xX
As you should, FFIX is a very well crafted game. Besides online games are overrated SCREW INTERACTIVITY! lol
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 D3dr0_0
I just finished IX a few months back. Got to say I can see why people consider it their favorite FF.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Xx_Kares_xX
Really? I very rarely hear people say FFIX is their favorite and I always wondered why. But then I looked up info on it, and itwas released less than a year before FFX came out, and the PS2 was already launched, so it was just really poor timing I guess. It is Hironobu Sakaguchi's favorite game in the series though, and I always thought that was cool.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 D3dr0_0
Really? I very rarely hear people say FFIX is their favorite and I always wondered why. But then I looked up info on it, and itwas released less than a year before FFX came out, and the PS2 was already launched, so it was just really poor timing I guess. It is Hironobu Sakaguchi's favorite game in the series though, and I always thought that was cool.Xx_Kares_xX
You don't? I've seen it a lot when I first joined the other FF board.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Xx_Kares_xX
Nope I don't, normally it's VII, VI or X with a minority stating IV.  It's very rare I find members saying FFIX is their favorite.. I feel a little better now. It's hard for me to pick a favorite because the games vary enough to fit my mood at different times if that makes sense... but FFIX is definitely up there.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Xx_Kares_xX
Another Challenge Update! With the confirmation of the localization of KH1.5 HD, the Kingdom Hearts portion of my challenge will now change. I will be doing a complete run through of KH 1 and RE: Chain of Memories from that collection instead of their original PS2 releases. I've also decided I am going to stagger the Crystal Chronicle and Ivalice Alliance games after all, so that's where I see things going for now. That's really it for now, I'm making good progress on FFIX, I'm about halfway through the game,
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 irishdude199210
I've heard IX is the most overlooked of all FFs. If you look it up on Metacritic, it's actually still the highest scoring FF game ever.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Balmane

As you should, FFIX is a very well crafted game. Besides online games are overrated SCREW INTERACTIVITY! lolXx_Kares_xX

I have already finished it, I just wanna play it again. I had Vivi as my avatar lighting up a fire for like 2 years. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 Xx_Kares_xX

That's really interesting, I'm glad Metacritic at least gives it the praise it deserves.

Oh good <<...>> then play it again! GIVE INTO TEMPTATION!!!! lol

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 Balmane

I have started it again and I am glad I did. I love the humour in the beginning. It's a very bright game until you leave Alexandria and you are in the Evil Forest where I am right now.

I am gonna play some more later. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Xx_Kares_xX
It actually stays pretty bright after that too... it doesn't REALLY get dark until the end of Disc 2 and into disc 3... but I think that is one of the games greatest strengths is knowing how to balance emotions.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Xx_Kares_xX

Hey guys, got another challenge update for you! I just got done with my playthrough of Final Fantasy IX! This means a write up will be coming soon, (I promise not to put it off as long as I did the FFVIII write up.. and I'm not going to put it up partially complete like I did the last on). Final Fantasy IX Has good and bad points just like the rest of the games in the series, but I've got to say, it is easily the best Final Fantasy game on the Playstation when you look at it as a complete product. Sure FFVII does some things better than FFIX did, but as a complete Product FFIX stands as one of the best games the series has to offer, if it's not in the top three Final Fantasy games than it is most definitely in the top five. I haven't decided my overall preference as far as a best to worst final fantasy list, but it will happen once I finish this thing. I really think I need to go back and do write ups for at least Final Fantasy IV - VI to make this series a bit more complete and so you guys can understand better when I make comparisons to past games, especially when it comes to FFIX which is basically a compilation of everything that made Final Fantasy good up to this point. Anyway, I will save this for the review.

I'm actually working on a few different games in the challenge right now. I have now clocked in over 60 hours on Theatrythm Final Fantasy... I've maxed out my Rythmia points and am not just kind of playing it when I have a few spare minutes here and there, trying to level up all the bonus characters to lvl 100. I'm also working on my coop playthrough of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates on the DS. So far it is a VERY sold cooperative action RPG... my girlfriend and I are having a lot of fun with it, it is a far better game than the gamecube original  (with the exception of graphics of course) and it's actually making me excited to play through the single player campaign as well.  The last game I'm working on is going to be Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales on the DS... I don't know much about this game... but it seems... cute at the least. I am assuming it own't be a very long game, and after I get through that I'm onto another Fan Favorite: Final Fantasy X!

That's it for now guys, thank you so much for your continued support, you guys really make this a lot more fun and interesting for me... even when I'm pissing people off with my sour opinions ^^' 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Xx_Kares_xX
Well that was my fastest write up ever! Not even 24 hours after completing FFIX and the write up is UP!. Now I'm gonna go relax with some anime...  or maybe the next game in the challenge <<...>> We shall see how I feel.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 D3dr0_0
Finished reading it.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Xx_Kares_xX
that was also fast ^^' thanks for putting the time in.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 D3dr0_0
Just one of those days I'm updating the 360 which takes a long time with my limited connection.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Xx_Kares_xX
Oh Fun x.x that sucks.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 Xx_Kares_xX

Hey guys, I thought I'd give a small update on the challenge. Right now I am playing a couple of Side Games in the series that I have both surpassed my admittedly low expectations and I have been really enjoying them. The games are Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates for the NDS, and Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales, also for the NDS.

Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates definitely puts it's WORST foot forward at the beginning  of the game with a lame and 'childish' story, TERRIBLE voice acting and annoying dialogue, followed by a very simple tutorial dungeon. If you are into hack and slash Rpgs I IMPLORE you to push past the first three dungeons and you will get hooked. The dungeons are well designed giving a good mix of puzzles and action, the story (while not revolutionary so far) is at least interesting enough to keep you going and the dialogue.. okay that stays annoying but this game is for the gamplay more than anything else. The game also has a great multiplayer mode that let's you play through all of the main dungeons from the solo game but without the story, so if the story annoys you, you can enter multiplayer mode (alone even) and just enjoy the awesome dungeon crawling. Considering this game only costs about $8 dollars now, if you are at ALL curious about it you should pick it up. I'm not done yet, I'm at about the halfway point but I'm having trouble putting it down.

As for Chocobo Tales... this game also starts off rather childish in nature, but the cute style isn't annoying at all, especially when compared to the dialogue of the last game I mentioned. The game is rather unique and has a very simple story. Really the game comes down to, two forms of gameplay, a mix of multiple interesting mini games that use the gimmicks of the DS (all based on classic nursery rhymes/fables but with final fantasy twists such as the Ugly Duckling (Ugly Chocoling) Tortoise and the Hare (Adamantoise and the Cactuar) and  Jack and the Beanstalk (chocobo and the beanstalk).The other half of the games gameplay is a strange card battle system that mixes rock paper scissors with a form of pokemon trading card game. I know it doesn't sound all that interesting but the gameplay is actually really solid. Doing better on mini games (and completing different challenges there in) gives you more trading cards to use in the duels. I'm am about 1/3 of the way through this game so far but it'spretty good.

Anyway, the REAL reason for this update is to say that the challenge WILL be slowing down a bit for a while... I have some really pressing issues going on like the job hunt (I have an increasing dead line that has me really stressed out) and band practice  I'm going to be pretty busy. Luckily the two games I'm playing now are on handhelds so I can play them without constant access to a tv... but I may push FFX back a little bit and instead focus on the much shorter and less draining Crystal Chronicles games or other spin-offs... just for a while until I get  things back on track.