Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Xx_Kares_xX
Member since 2009 • 1479 Posts

Current Game Progress:

1) Final Fantasy XIII (PS3): Oh god the dreaded hallway... on the plus side it means I'm very close to the end of the challenge

2) Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP): Why wasn't this game released in english!? WHY GOD WHY!? This game is GREAT.

Completed Games:

1. Final Fantasy (PSP) Maxed out my characters and completed all bonus dungeons.

2. Final Fantasy Legend (GB) It's pretty straightforward, no real secrets in the game. This game is really not a Final Fantasy game but the first game in the 'SaGa' series renamed to sell better in America.

3. Final Fantasy II (PSP) Completed Arcane Labyrinth.

4. The Last Story (Wii) - Not technically a Final Fantasy but more than worthy of the name. Created by Hironobu Sakaguchi and composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

5. Final Fantasy Legend II (GB) Finally Completed.. once again not much to say. This game is actually SaGa II.

6. Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy (PSP) - Yeah... I expected this game to be an on-going thing, but what can I say, It was far too addicting. After about 300 hours of gametime I finally have a complete run through with all characters maxed out, and I still feel like going back for more, but I'm trying to resist so I don't burn myself out on it forever .

7. Final Fantasy III (PSP) - Well I finally got through it and did a 100% run through. I really enjoy this game, especially the difficulty which is rare in this series, but whenever I'm playing it I feel like somethings missing that I can't put my finger on... Oh well ^^
  8. Final Fantasy Legend III (GB) Well this one hold up better than the other two in the trilogy, but it's still not all that interesting.
  9. Final Fantasy IV (PSP) - A classic in every sense and still one of my favorites in the series, I had a great time playing through this one, and even though this was probably about my fifth playthrough, I couldn't put it down.
  10. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (PSP) - It's far from a perfect game, but I think it did justice to the original. I loved to see all the characters 10 years later, and this game has one of the coolest and longest last dungeons I've ever played through. Highly reccomended if you're a fan of FFIV.
  11. Final Fantasy V (GBA): What started as a highly entertaining and well paced game turned into a almost unbearable slog as I entered the finale and then the bonus dungeon.. I need to cleanse my pallete and relax before 'reviewing' this one or it will be highly negative (that bonus dungeon ruined me...)
  12. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES): Not particularly good but not nearly as bad as everyone says it is either. It has an awesome soundtrack as well.
  13. Final Fantasy VI (GBA): We all know this is a classic in every sense of the word. I've got nothing to say that you haven't head before.
  14. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP): A decent game with an amazingly moving story, though I do not reccomend playing through many bonus missions unless you want to make the rest of the game too easy for yourself.
  15. Final Fantasy VII (PSX): A great and enjoyable game, even to this day, but further analysis of the plot has really taken away a lot of what I thought I loved about the game.
  16. Ehergeiz: God Bless the Ring (PSX): a fighting game with bad controls that's novelty lies soley in the fact that you can play as multiple characters from Final Fantasy VII.

17. Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2): Well I completed this games main story TWICE in a row.. and then my data got curropted to.. to put it nicely... screw the bonus missions, I doubt they would have changed my opinion of this subpar shooter anyway (and this is coming from someone who isn't even a big shooter fan)
  18. Chocobo Racing (PSX): Honestly, I had a lot of fun with it for the... hour and a half or so that the story mode lasted, but I don't think there is enough substance to warrant a purchase unless you are a collecter. Do yourself a favor and stick with Mario Kart.
  19. Final Fantasy Adventure (GB): A zelda like game that actually holds up really well. Best gameboy 'Final Fantasy' game. I would suggest the remake on the GBA titled Sword of Mana though (yes, the prequel to Secret of Mana)
  20. Final Fantasy VIII (PSX): Did a complete run through... this game.. is VERY flawed... very.. VERY flawed, especially when it comes to it's story... and gameplay.. great soundtrack though!
  21. Chocobo Dungeon 2 (PSX): The game is... okay. I'm glad I played it though and I will probably never play it again.
  22. Final Fantasy IX (PSX): A game that truly shows what made Final Fantasy such a wonderful and magical series. Despite liking some of the games that came out  after this one, I kind of wish that this had been the series' Swan song.
  23. Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (DS): A surprisingly good game that is a mix of creative touch screen mini games and card battles. I'd reccomend it to anyone looking for something different.
  24. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC): A repetitive, kind of boringhack and slash. Only play with friends.
  25. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as King (Wii): A game that I somehow enjoyed but can not reccomend.
  26. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS): A VERY good dungeon crawler with VERY annoying characters.
  27. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii): I've heard this game has boring gameplay but a good story, I guess I'll see for myself soon enough. (Edit: I'd heard right... good story VERY boring gameplay)
  28. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord (Wii):A rather enjoyable and challenging tower defense game.
  29. Final Fantasy Dimensions: (IOS/AND): Doesn't reach the level of magic the SNES games that it's trying to recreate, but it's probably the closest we are ever going to get again. Definitly worth a play.
  30. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle: Echoes of Time (DS): A decent Action RPG with an entertaining story, worth playing especially if you can find it cheap.
  31. Final Fantasy X (PS2): A Game with Very good combat but lacks very heavily in exploration. It's a very love it or hate it type of game, and chances are the story will be what keeps you going.
  32. Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2): No where near being a great title, but it's also not nearly as bad as people say it is.
  33. Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (DS): I found this game extremely disapointing, it had so much potential and fell flat at almost every turn except for the absolutely stunning presentation.
  34. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA): Probably the best example of a beginner's tactics game, though the story really irritated me.Even so I have a LOT of Nostalgia for this game.
  35. Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon (Wii):The last spin-off game in my challenge. Surprisingly enjoyable rogue-like with a great soundtrack
  36. Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire the Rift (DS): A fairly enjoyable tactics game with an almosst completely non-existant story.
  37. Crystal Defenders (PSP): A defense game that is very trial and error oriented. Not really my thing.
  38. Final Fantasy XII (PS2): I've finally completed Final Fantasy XII as well as the most infamous superboss in the entire series: Yiazmat! I really enjoyed this game, even more than I initially remembered.
  39. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS): I actually thought it would be a bit harder than it was to get 100% completion.. but thank god it wasn't considering how long it already took me to complete FFXII. An enjoyable game over all.
  40. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP): Easily the best Tactics games in the FF series, if not one of the best GAMES in the series.

41. Vagrant Story (PSOne): A Brilliantly made game but... I just did not enjoy it.

Challenge List Remaining Games:

1. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3): Oh this game... I know that I will barely be able to push myself just to play this game again let alone get 100%. I'm going to play through the game the best I can and ATTEMPT to do the series of hunt-like things.. but If I just can't handle it anymore I'm stopping there and then.

2. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3): I purchased all game related dlc for this game (effectively quadrupling the price I initially paid for it x.x thanks square) and have this game fully ready to play for when the time comes. I will be trying to get 100% run with all colloseum beaten and all story arcs complete.

3. Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP): Square... this is a huge kick in the balls to EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR FANS. This is the first genuninely GOOD game you have released in at least five years and you won't bring it over seas. I would much rather play this game in English, but even if it's never released here eventually I will be importing it. Please fan translators, I love your work as it is, but if one of you would work on this amazing game I would forever be in your debt.   Edit: I actually HAVE imported the game now so it can officially be part of the challenge! Hurray!

Games I May Add Later:

1. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3): I've got to be honest... I was hoping I'd be done with the challenge before this game comes out.. but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.. so I get to shell out another $60 (plus the cost of f*cking dlc...) so that I can suffer through a THIRD game in the trilogy...
  2. Final Fantasy XV (PS4): I doubt this game will be added even if it is released because I don't plan on buying a PS4 ANY time soon...

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8474 Posts

Wow this is an amazing challenge and something I would have loved to share with you :(. sadly despite owning all the games to join you, I wouldnt be able to find enough time to play them :cry: Even so, Im pretty sure every FF fan has dreamed with this and even if they cant join you in this quest, there is no doubt their best wishes and dreams will be with you! ...:D

I was just wondering, are you setting and estimated time to finish all this games? like a month or two for example? Why are you including Vangran Story and no Crono Trigger/Cross or even Last Story? 

I think you pretty much got every FF game... perhaps I could add Theathrythm Final Fantasy, Dissidia Duodecim and the two Crystal Cronicles remaining spin offs: My Life as a King and My Life as a Darklord .. maybe Before Crisis too, althought Ive never heard of anybody having that game around here :(

raven325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 raven325
Member since 2005 • 2939 Posts

Wow that sounds like it will take a long time!! I wish you the best of luck though! I would love to play through all of them, but I don't have over half of those games, and I just don't have the time :(

Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts
Heres a bigger challenge, get all ultimate weapons and beat all superbosses in each game :P I'd hate this challenge, I don't like rushing things.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts

This is cool. But of course I don't plan on doing this :P 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xx_Kares_xX

Heres a bigger challenge, get all ultimate weapons and beat all superbosses in each game :P I'd hate this challenge, I don't like rushing things.irishdude199210

Actually I don't really plan on 'rushing' it. I did a similar challenge where I only played the Main 13 games, and it took me about a year. I wasn't fully commited at the time however, and played a lot of other games in between to keep myself sane (which may still be a possibility x.x we will have to see). I hope to do better than that this time as I am more commited, but you never know what life will throw at you right? I highly considered doing the Challenge as you suggested by getting all the ultimate weapons and fighting the superbosses, and I definitely  plan too in the Early games (FFI through FFIX) but after that it just becomes insane. I refuse to do the calm lands Arena thing in FFX because it takes 100s of extra hours to restructure your entire sphere grid and fight all the monsters just to give yourself a chance. I will get all the ultimate weapons for that game and do all the main sidequests, but I refuse to do the Arena. In FFX-2 you have that dumb 90 level dungeon or whatever that I've heard you need to be at insane levels to complete, however I've never tried that dungeon so I may do it anyway. For FFXII I actually really want to do all the Hunts, but I hunts, but I have a feeling I won't last long enough to beat the one with However many millions of HP. andin FFXIII... well... I juust doubt the game will hold my interest long enough for it to matter. So that's where I stand on those parts for NOW.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xx_Kares_xX

Wow this is an amazing challenge and something I would have loved to share with you :(. sadly despite owning all the games to join you, I wouldnt be able to find enough time to play them :cry: Even so, Im pretty sure every FF fan has dreamed with this and even if they cant join you in this quest, there is no doubt their best wishes and dreams will be with you! ...:D

I was just wondering, are you setting and estimated time to finish all this games? like a month or two for example? Why are you including Vangran Story and no Crono Trigger/Cross or even Last Story?

I think you pretty muchgot every FF game... perhaps I could add Theathrythm Final Fantasy, Dissidia Duodecim and the two Crystal Cronicles remaining spin offs: My Life as a King and My Life as a Darklord .. maybe Before Crisis too, althought Ive never heard of anybody having that game around here :(

angelbless

I don't want to set a time constraint because I feel that kind of ruins the point (and I don't want to put even MORE pressure on this daunting task x.x). As I play each game I will be giving them a critical review that is unbiased as possible to show how each game holds up TODAY. That's why I decided to play the newest versions of each game that I could find. If I rush through I know I will be burned out (I will probably get burned out anyway, but I have completed other such challenges I have set for myself and feel I now have the discipline to continue anyway).If I would HAVE to give an estimated time, I would say anywhere from a year to...? The reason for this amount of time Is I really do want to put a lot of work into the review process, maybe even making video reviews for each game as I go, plus I want to try and experience the games (again) as if I hadn't played them before, so I won't just be rushing through the main story, I will be taking on a lot, if not all, of the sidequests in each game, effectively doubling the length in a lot of cases.

As far as the games you mentioned that I may be excluding, I actually wrote about that on my profile and feel I have good reasons for most of them. The reason I would add Vagrant Story and not Chrono Trigger is because Chrono Trigger has NOTHING to do with Final Fantasy Besides the developer, while Vagrant Story actually takes place in Ivalice. I am not completely ruling out the chrono games... but I will to be really bored to include them. And if I do include them I will NOT be getting every ending x.x just the ones it takes the most effort to get in one playthrough. As for Last Story, I actually have that game on preorder and can't wait to play it, I hadn't thought of adding it since it isn't a Final Fantasy game and isn't even made by Square, but considering the people involved, maybe I will tack it onto the end of the challenge in hopes that it will le ave me with the same nostalgic feelings of the early FF games.Well after that creepy little segment I'll get back to excluded games. The wii i will be using for this challenge is actually borrowed from a friend of mine, and he doesn't want me downloading games onto his system, so that kind of rules out the two Crystal Chronicles spinoffs you mentioned (for now at least). As for Theathrythm... that's a game I have been drooling over since I knew of it's existence. I have a huge fan of Uematsu, Final Fantasy, and Rythmn games.... so this is a must buy... sadly I don't have a 3DS and I can't afford one right now... so for now it's being left out of the challenge. I won't be doing before crisis because I am only playing the games released in English Territories, and I actually AM including Dissidia 012. In fact, for each main game in the series I will be leveling the characters from that game to level 100 in dissidia. If Final fantasy XIII-3, Type-0, or FF Versus XIII comout during this challenge, and I have the means of playing them, I will gladly add them in. And though you didn't mention it, I will not be including Kingdom Hearts in this challenge, because even though it started as a spin-off, it has more than take on a life of it's own.

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 lordmew
Member since 2009 • 1315 Posts

Heres a bigger challenge, get all ultimate weapons and beat all superbosses in each game :P I'd hate this challenge, I don't like rushing things.irishdude199210

Wow suddenly you managed to make this challenge even harder, hmm lets see that would mean we make an addition to your challenge. You would need to defeat 

FF1 : Shinryu and Omega in Lifespring Grotto + Death Gaze in the Whisperwind Cove + Chronodia

FF2 : Ultima Weapon and Phrekyos (Beat every Arcane Labyrinth and dont beat Deumion?!?

FF3 : Iron Giant at the bottom of the ??? Dungeon

FF4 : Zeromus EG, Brachioraidos, Geyron and Proto-Babil (You need some research to find em all)

FF4 After Years : Omega, Shinryu and Ultima Weapon

FF5 : Omega Mk.II and Neo Shinryu

FF6 : Kaiser Dragon/Czar Dragon and Omega Weapon (as in the true superboss)

FF7 : Emerald and Ruby weapons

Chrisis Core : Minerva

Dirge of Cerebus : Dont have any (The game must be for wuzz-elves) 

FF8 :  Omega and Ultima Weapon (Those two are obviously pretty strong)

FF9 : Ozma

FF10 : Nemesis and Penance

FF10-2 :  Angra Mainyu (dont ask me....)

FFCC My life as king? (confirmation needed) : Wyrm and (DADADADAAAA) Omega

FF CC Echoes of Time : Great Galdes

FF12 : Hell Wyrm, Omega Mk.XII, Ultima, Zodiark and finaly the great Yiazmat (40 million hp, have fun)

FF12 RW : Yiazmat (after finishing everything, everything on the floor will be lvl 99 if this is the last mission and that is hard...)

Vagrant Story : Asura

FF13 : Vercingetorix and Long Gui

FF13-2 : (if you actually download the optional content) Omega, Gilgamesh and Valfodr

FFTactics : Corrupt Judges

FFTactics A2 : Magick Weapon

And that was all from the reasearchin moogle.

Sadly I cant join you, I dont have all the games right now and I certanly dont have the time to play them all in one sitting without changing to a different game sometimes. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xx_Kares_xX

Thanks Lordmew... I actually planning on MOST of that already ^^, I think I will go back to the top and say what I will and won't be completing as far as extra content.

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lordmew

Thanks Lordmew... I actually planning on MOST of that already ^^, I think I will go back to the top and say what I will and won't be completing as far as extra content.

Xx_Kares_xX

At least do the bosses in FFXII, I have done them once and I think I did it a pretty ineffective way. Are you going to stream it or something, maybe record it?

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xx_Kares_xX
[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]

lordmew

At least do the bosses in FFXII, I have done them once and I think I did it a pretty ineffective way. Are you going to stream it or something, maybe record it?

I would love to be able to do that but don't have the money or technology. I plan on making video reviews for each game though. The more complete my runthrough of each game the more I have to talk about. (My game time on FFI is at 1:30 so far, and I already have a page and a half of notes for things to talk about during the review). I really am considering all the hunts in XII...but REALLY don't want to do the arena in FFX... anyway I updated the list above if you want to check out which of your suggestions I'm definitely using. 

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lordmew
I havent finished FFX yet (Its just beside the PS2, above RE4 right now) and it is one of those games I will finish when I get the time to do it. So I have no idea about this arena, but if it is as boring as most sideline stuff is, I can belive you. Maybe you could get a challenge and do the impossible in FFX, make a Blitzteam with the best players from each team in your team (Graav and the Al`Bhed Goalkeeper), that would be so boooooooring to do.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xx_Kares_xX

I havent finished FFX yet (Its just beside the PS2, above RE4 right now) and it is one of those games I will finish when I get the time to do it. So I have no idea about this arena, but if it is as boring as most sideline stuff is, I can belive you. Maybe you could get a challenge and do the impossible in FFX, make a Blitzteam with the best players from each team in your team (Graav and the Al`Bhed Goalkeeper), that would be so boooooooring to do.lordmew

I've actually already done that. I'm not sure why, but I actually love Blitzball... I guess it's just a guilty pleasure of mine, but since I will be getting Wakka's Ultimate Overdrive and Weapon  anyway, I might as well make an ultimate blitzball team in the process.

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 irishdude199210
I love blitzball! At the end, I was scoring every 15-20 seconds. As far as I remember, my biggest win was 27-0.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xx_Kares_xX
I love blitzball! At the end, I was scoring every 15-20 seconds. As far as I remember, my biggest win was 27-0.irishdude199210
Me too, I found it highly entertaining, though it did fall short of it's potential. I almost think they should make a spin off blitzball game that plays more like the opening cutscene. Anyway I may actually add that to my FFX challenge: Make ultimate blitzball team! lol
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 irishdude199210
[QUOTE="irishdude199210"] I love blitzball! At the end, I was scoring every 15-20 seconds. As far as I remember, my biggest win was 27-0.Xx_Kares_xX
Me too, I found it highly entertaining, though it did fall short of it's potential. I almost think they should make a spin off blitzball game that plays more like the opening cutscene. Anyway I may actually add that to my FFX challenge: Make ultimate blitzball team! lol

I also suggested a spinoff game in another thread :P They could release it as a pretty cheap downloadable game, that way its not risky. Square-Enix would probably make a nice amount of profit and could make more blitzball games! Unlikely to ever happen though :(
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xx_Kares_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"] I love blitzball! At the end, I was scoring every 15-20 seconds. As far as I remember, my biggest win was 27-0.irishdude199210

I also suggested a spinoff game in another thread :P They could release it as a pretty cheap downloadable game, that way its not risky. Square-Enix would probably make a nice amount of profit and could make more blitzball games! Unlikely to ever happen though :(

Yeah well, perhaps it's for the best, after all they ruined Blitzball in FFX-2 by changing it from a stat driven rpg 'sport' and making it a Coaching simulator.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 irishdude199210
Yeah, well, I started to enjoy that mode too after a while. And I was awesome at sphere break :P But FFX's blitzball was far superior.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xx_Kares_xX
Yeah, well, I started to enjoy that mode too after a while. And I was awesome at sphere break :P But FFX's blitzball was far superior.irishdude199210
I never played the game mode in FFX-2 more than once, but I did like sphere break...
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 angelbless

[QUOTE="irishdude199210"]Heres a bigger challenge, get all ultimate weapons and beat all superbosses in each game :P I'd hate this challenge, I don't like rushing things.lordmew

Wow suddenly you managed to make this challenge even harder, hmm lets see that would mean we make an addition to your challenge. You would need to defeat 

FF1 : Shinryu and Omega in Lifespring Grotto + Death Gaze in the Whisperwind Cove + Chronodia

FF2 : Ultima Weapon and Phrekyos (Beat every Arcane Labyrinth and dont beat Deumion?!?

FF3 : Iron Giant at the bottom of the ??? Dungeon

FF4 : Zeromus EG, Brachioraidos, Geyron and Proto-Babil (You need some research to find em all)

FF4 After Years : Omega, Shinryu and Ultima Weapon

FF5 : Omega Mk.II and Neo Shinryu

FF6 : Kaiser Dragon/Czar Dragon and Omega Weapon (as in the true superboss)

FF7 : Emerald and Ruby weapons

Chrisis Core : Minerva

Dirge of Cerebus : Dont have any (The game must be for wuzz-elves) 

FF8 :  Omega and Ultima Weapon (Those two are obviously pretty strong)

FF9 : Ozma

FF10 : Nemesis and Penance

FF10-2 :  Angra Mainyu (dont ask me....)

FFCC My life as king? (confirmation needed) : Wyrm and (DADADADAAAA) Omega

FF CC Echoes of Time : Great Galdes

FF12 : Hell Wyrm, Omega Mk.XII, Ultima, Zodiark and finaly the great Yiazmat (40 million hp, have fun)

FF12 RW : Yiazmat (after finishing everything, everything on the floor will be lvl 99 if this is the last mission and that is hard...)

Vagrant Story : Asura

FF13 : Vercingetorix and Long Gui

FF13-2 : (if you actually download the optional content) Omega, Gilgamesh and Valfodr

FFTactics : Corrupt Judges

FFTactics A2 : Magick Weapon

And that was all from the reasearchin moogle.

Sadly I cant join you, I dont have all the games right now and I certanly dont have the time to play them all in one sitting without changing to a different game sometimes. 

That list is insane if I may have a word on it :P

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xx_Kares_xX
Yeeep and I've already made changes to my main list to reflect almost all of those suggestions. Thanks for the input everyone. If there are any other request, suggestions, or anything like that I'd love to hear them. And instead of doing the whole challenge with me, I decided I'd keep you guys updated on where I am in the challenge, so if you have the urge to play just a certain game on the list, we could discuss it while I'm there. Really I'd just love to discuss the games in more depth with people while it's all fresh in my mind ^^'. By the way, I'm more than Halfway through my complete run of the First FF game now.
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lordmew

Yeeep and I've already made changes to my main list to reflect almost all of those suggestions. Thanks for the input everyone. If there are any other request, suggestions, or anything like that I'd love to hear them. And instead of doing the whole challenge with me, I decided I'd keep you guys updated on where I am in the challenge, so if you have the urge to play just a certain game on the list, we could discuss it while I'm there. Really I'd just love to discuss the games in more depth with people while it's all fresh in my mind ^^'. By the way, I'm more than Halfway through my complete run of the First FF game now.Xx_Kares_xX

I always seem to have a hard time against the final dungeon, always forgetting the layout.

What is your team currently, what classes 

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 irishdude199210
I haven't played almost half the series so I'd better stay away... You might want to mark this topic *spoilers* if you're gonna talk about what part you're at in a game.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Xx_Kares_xX

I haven't played almost half the series so I'd better stay away... You might want to mark this topic *spoilers* if you're gonna talk about what part you're at in a game.irishdude199210

Good point, I am very sorry for any spoilers I may have given, I did not plan on talking about story elements, but I suppose in some games, just the locations could be considered Spoilers. I plan on redoing the whole first post to make it more appealing and easy to read soon anyway. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xx_Kares_xX
I haven't played almost half the series so I'd better stay away... You might want to mark this topic *spoilers* if you're gonna talk about what part you're at in a game.irishdude199210

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]Yeeep and I've already made changes to my main list to reflect almost all of those suggestions. Thanks for the input everyone. If there are any other request, suggestions, or anything like that I'd love to hear them. And instead of doing the whole challenge with me, I decided I'd keep you guys updated on where I am in the challenge, so if you have the urge to play just a certain game on the list, we could discuss it while I'm there. Really I'd just love to discuss the games in more depth with people while it's all fresh in my mind ^^'. By the way, I'm more than Halfway through my complete run of the First FF game now.lordmew

I always seem to have a hard time against the final dungeon, always forgetting the layout.

What is your team currently, what classes 

Yeah... I can remember the layout of almost the entire game, including the four main bonus shrines, but I always seem to forget the last dungeon. Then Again, i've spent a lot of time going through those dungeons repeatedly to get the 'ultimate' equipment for my characters. My current party is my favorite in the game, and a pretty common one I believe. Warrior, White Mage, Red Mage, and Black Mage. I've actually looked up the stat growth, and in the remakes of these games the Thief is weaker than the redmage in every respect but speed, and since I'm not doing a low level game I don't plan on running from many fights, making the thief useless. Ever since my first playthrough I have avoided using the Monk because I find him completely broken. He has pathetic defense sure, but by the end of the game he does easily three times the damage of the warrior, making every boss in the game patherically easy to defeat. Sorry I rambled on a bit.

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lordmew
I found the Monk/Master to be a very good asset the first runthrough of the game, then I realized he sucked. The red mage on the other hand is immesly broken, strong physical and magical and is able to heal better than the Paladin. The thief is bad anyways. The team you have now is probably the team I would have gone for too
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xx_Kares_xX

I found the Monk/Master to be a very good asset the first runthrough of the game, then I realized he sucked. The red mage on the other hand is immesly broken, strong physical and magical and is able to heal better than the Paladin. The thief is bad anyways. The team you have now is probably the team I would have gone for toolordmew

I never really found the redmage to be broken, Boss battles hardly ever last long enough for me to buff up his attack. and his intelligence stat is too low for his magic to do any real damage. For the most part I use him solely in a supporting role to cast buffs. I never heal with the Knight as he is my main fighter, I just bought him magic to be more complete.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Xx_Kares_xX

For those who are interested, here's a summary of where I am in the Challenge so far:

Dissidia 012 Progress: FFI WofL LVL 100, Garland LVL 100, FFII, Firion LVL 100, The Emperor LVL 65

Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition: Completed  main quest and every bonus dungeon, as well as defeating Chronodia (# 203).

Final Fantasy Legend: Currently Playing

Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition: Currently Playing, Though at the moment most of my focus is on Crystal Chronicles and FFLegend.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Currently Playing Coop... I've never played this game, and I've got to say I find it VERY fun... so fun in fact that my girlfriend and I plan on having a Crystal Chronicles 'party' where four of us spend a weekend just trying to get as far through the game as possible.

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lordmew

Nice to know that you are already done with the first of the games. Can I ask you two things

What is your favorite characther in Dissida?, and how the F*ck do you even play FF2 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xx_Kares_xX

Nice to know that you are already done with the first of the games. Can I ask you two things

What is your favorite characther in Dissida?, and how the F*ck do you even play FF2 

lordmew

That's a tough question for dissidia, as I love to play fighting games (even though I'm not very good at them) and I love to learn to use ALL the characters. i can say my two LEAST favorite are easily the Emperor and freakin' Exdeath! god I hate using Exdeath. Well, my original favorite was Tidus I guess, he was the first I got to level 100 (on the first game) but I'd say I'm probably BEST with Onion Knight.

As for FFII, I assume you are asking how I can stand to play it and not how it's actually played ^^' correct me if I'm wrong lol. Well it's easily one of my least favorite in the series, though it's tough for me to say if I found FFXIII to be worse or not. (At least you actually PLAY FFII... FFXIII plays itself for you). On the other hand, after doing some research, apparently I have never played FFII CORRECTLY. I had no idea in my previous playthroughs that leveling certain stats could lower others, which explains why my power leveling and making every character high levels on every weapon and magic, didn't work very effectively. This time I will specialize my characters (as was intended by the designers) to see if it holds up any better than it did in my last playthroughs, after all, a major focus of this challenge is to try and give every game as fair of a shot as possible.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 angelbless
[QUOTE="lordmew"]

Xx_Kares_xX

That's a tough question for dissidia, as I love to play fighting games (even though I'm not very good at them) and I love to learn to use ALL the characters. i can say my two LEAST favorite are easily the Emperor and freakin' Exdeath! god I hate using Exdeath. Well, my original favorite was Tidus I guess, he was the first I got to level 100 (on the first game) but I'd say I'm probably BEST with Onion Knight.

As for FFII, I assume you are asking how I can stand to play it and not how it's actually played ^^' correct me if I'm wrong lol. Well it's easily one of my least favorite in the series, though it's tough for me to say if I found FFXIII to be worse or not. (At least you actually PLAY FFII... FFXIII plays itself for you). On the other hand, after doing some research, apparently I have never played FFII CORRECTLY. I had no idea in my previous playthroughs that leveling certain stats could lower others, which explains why my power leveling and making every character high levels on every weapon and magic, didn't work very effectively. This time I will specialize my characters (as was intended by the designers) to see if it holds up any better than it did in my last playthroughs, after all, a major focus of this challenge is to try and give every game as fair of a shot as possible.

I didnt know that :shock:

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xx_Kares_xX

I didnt know that :shock:

angelbless

I don't think many people do, which may be one of the reasons that a lot of people don't like the game. I will admit it was a highly interesting idea, especially for the time, and in more recent games we HAVE seen it done correctly (I've heard Vagrant story has a similar system? I'm sorry I'm blanking on good examples right now, but it's almost one in the morning and I haven't been sleeping well lately... that's my excuse and I'm sticking too it). Anyway... after I get through FF Legend I will fully focus on FFII, and I will tell you if I feel playing the game the way it was meant to be played makes it any better.

Speaking of FFLegend... has anyone played this game? I've only played for about an hour and a half and it seems like I'm already 1/4 of the way through it?

Edit: Secret of Mana and other mana games use a somewhat similar leveling system too ^^ I just remembered and had to add it, sorry ^^'.

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lordmew
[QUOTE="lordmew"]

Xx_Kares_xX

Nice to know that there were others that had complete failruns on FF2. I got pretty far but for some kind of reason I was always to weak to get far. Red Soul or something was the last thing I ever fought in FF2. Did you abuse that priest in the start?, I learned of it later that you can abuse the priest to become überpowerful in the beginning. (Priest got Teleport/warp/something) 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xx_Kares_xX

Nice to know that there were others that had complete failruns on FF2. I got pretty far but for some kind of reason I was always to weak to get far. Red Soul or something was the last thing I ever fought in FF2. Did you abuse that priest in the start?, I learned of it later that you can abuse the priest to become überpowerful in the beginning. (Priest got Teleport/warp/something) 

lordmew

I actually did not know about tha exploit, I should look it up and see if it will be useful. Usually my playthroughs of FFII start with literally about five hours of straight grinding, getting my characters hp up, leveling every characters weapon attribute up as high as the game would let me on every type of weapon, and leveling Cure, Fire, Thunder, and Blizzard on every character up to.. I can't remember, I want to say Level 6... but that seems a bit high. Anyway, basically I would grind until I was strong enough to barely survive fighting the black knights at Fynn, then I would just go back and forth between Fynn and the starting town (who's name I forget) because the black knights have VERY good drops, like spells and the Flame bow, which is Immensly powerful for that time in the game. Then, once I'd finally got all the drops I wanted, I'd go on with the game, and this left me overpowered for about the first 1/3.... the second third of the game I'd be at about the right strength, and for the last section I'd be struggling once again and have to do a crap load more grinding. Like I said, this was one of my least favorites, so I'm not nearly as informed about it as the others ^^' sorry.

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lordmew
Yeah thats the thing, those black knights can easily be defeated by using that Priest, that way you can get tons of money too. You shouldnt grind stuff until you got that priestyguy
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xx_Kares_xX

Yeah thats the thing, those black knights can easily be defeated by using that Priest, that way you can get tons of money too. You shouldnt grind stuff until you got that priestyguylordmew

Aww okay, that makes sense... yeah I never thought to use the priest, but I guess I did find the exploit, I probably will still do that then since it really does seem to be the most effective way to get through the game, on the other hand, I may try to do it the way it was intended.

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Balmane
Ive hated FFII for such a long time now. I enjoyed FFXIII more than this game. I know they were trying out new things at that time but damn it was so annoying and frustrating.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xx_Kares_xX

Ive hated FFII for such a long time now. I enjoyed FFXIII more than this game. I know they were trying out new things at that time but damn it was so annoying and frustrating.Balmane

That's my exact feelings about FFXIII summed up in a sentence, they are both black sheep in the series. It's really a tossup between which I find better, I'll have to wait until I play FFXIII again. As my opinion stands now they are both pretty bad, and FFII has the advantage because at least it's short x.x. Instead of being bored for 50 hours I will only be bored for about 20.

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lordmew

[QUOTE="Balmane"]Ive hated FFII for such a long time now. I enjoyed FFXIII more than this game. I know they were trying out new things at that time but damn it was so annoying and frustrating.Xx_Kares_xX

That's my exact feelings about FFXIII summed up in a sentence, they are both black sheep in the series. It's really a tossup between which I find better, I'll have to wait until I play FFXIII again. As my opinion stands now they are both pretty bad, and FFII has the advantage because at least it's short x.x. Instead of being bored for 50 hours I will only be bored for about 20.

That sums it up quit well xD

Unfortunatly, FFXIII had all that hype around it, so when new players tried they just started hatin on FF 

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Balmane

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]

[QUOTE="Balmane"]Ive hated FFII for such a long time now. I enjoyed FFXIII more than this game. I know they were trying out new things at that time but damn it was so annoying and frustrating.lordmew

Unfortunatly, FFXIII had all that hype around it, so when new players tried they just started hatin on FF 

I wasn't bored in FFXIII, just underwhelmed. But I agree they are probably the worst in the series.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Xx_Kares_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]

[QUOTE="Balmane"]Ive hated FFII for such a long time now. I enjoyed FFXIII more than this game. I know they were trying out new things at that time but damn it was so annoying and frustrating.lordmew

The funny thing is, with my experience it's new FF fans that LIKE FFXIII... and because of that I'm afraid another evolution is going to happen again like with FFVII. FFVII brought in a bunch of new fans, and from there the series changed completely into a new kind of style. Old fans are split on XIII... from my experience most people who have experience with RPGs hated it (I'm not trying to call people out or insult anyone, just stating my observations, sorry if I offended anyone). The problem is, there IS a huge audience that really like the game, and because of that we may never see a traditional Final Fantasy again. That's my biggest fear as a fan of the series.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Xx_Kares_xX
[QUOTE="lordmew"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]

[QUOTE="Balmane"]Ive hated FFII for such a long time now. I enjoyed FFXIII more than this game. I know they were trying out new things at that time but damn it was so annoying and frustrating.Balmane

I wasn't bored in FFXIII, just underwhelmed. But I agree they are probably the worst in the series.

I have such mixed feelings about FFXIII... I  must admit I had moments of genuine enjoyment during a few of the battles, but aside from that... eh. It was beautiful... but that's about all it was. I would actually suggest it more to fans of Visual Novels than rpgs... but on the other hand, it's too long winded and full of fluff to even meet that criteria, that and every visual novel I've played has had a FAR better story. So really.. I don't know what to think about FFXIII, except for the fact that whether you enjoy it or not, it's a terrible representation of the Final Fantasy name.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Xx_Kares_xX
Just an update for anyone who cares, I powered all the way through the original Crystal Chronicles game, (coop with my girlfriend) this past weekend and I have to say I really liked it. It was far better than I expected and easily one of the best Multiplayer RPGs to ever grace a console. On the other hand, I doubt it holds up nearly as well single player, but I will find that out once I get to that part of the challenge. Anyway, because of how much I loved this game, I really want to try the other spinoffs Square has made in the Crystal Chronicles series... so if I can get the money (A total of $96 dollars for the two games and dlc... ouch x.x) I will be adding My Life as King and My life as a Darklord to my challenge. I also realized with further research that the chronology of the crystal chronicles games is not what I had originally though, so I updated my original list to reflect it. Anyway, now that I've completed Crystal Chronicles coop run I will REALLY buckle down and focus on FFLegend and then Final Fantasy II (I already finished the Dissidia 012 leveling part of the FFII challenge, so I really will have nothing left to distract myself with... no more stalling, I will have to force my way through FFII. I expect to be done with FFLegend within about 2 days at the most, and then alll my game time will be FFII... so that's where the challenge stands now. Thank you everyone for showing your support and making this an even more fun challenge to complete.
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 angelbless
I always wnated to play FF Crystal Chronicles.....I need to find someone to play with :cry:
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xx_Kares_xX

I always wnated to play FF Crystal Chronicles.....I need to find someone to play with :cry:angelbless

I know! This was my first experience with it which is funny, because I remember watching the trailers for it when I was a kid and wanting a gamecube just for that game (though I never got it). The great thing is the game only costs about $10 on amazon now, and the GBA to Gamecube cable are only about $8 a piece (with shipping included) so I found it to be worth the cost. So much so I'm actually going to buy two more cords so me and three friends can power through it in a weekend. Rushing straight through the game is about 18 to 20 hours long, but there is an infinite number of 'years' so you can keep it going for a long time. Just don't expect much of a story, this one is all about the coop gameplay.