siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
Our newest union interview is with Organization KH and its leader, the-silent-hero. This union also happens to be the Union of the week for this week! For more information on Union Leader Interviews and how we handle them, please visit this topic. If you want to make a suggestion about who you think we should interview, please post it in this thread.

With this interview, union interviews will now, hopefully, be posted every Friday.

Why did you create your union? What was your inspiration?
I created the OKH union, because I thought it would be a cool little hang out spot for users to talk about Kingdom hearts, and related games, such as Final fantasy. I would have to say that one of my good friends, Cloud_765 would have to be my inspirations. Cloud runs a thriving, fun union called the 'All-Out Nintendo' union, which I joined back in June of 09'. Posting there, I had asked myself, "If unions can be as great as this one, why not make my own"? I loved KH, and I had knew a few Avid KH fans at the time, so it was a great Idea.

Can you give us a brief history of how your union came to be?
Back in 09' I considered making a KH union. I had met Mudkipmaster, nintendo-naut, Gamester23, Balmane, no1gamefan, and Joemcmark. All of them being fans of Kingdom hearts, I decided to have them as charters for the union. That's were it all started.

Did you expect the union to be a success?
In the beginning I wanted it to be a huge union, with 1000 members. I realized my goal to reach 1000 members was a bit...farfetched. I'm happy with what it has become, and I hope to continue on the path that we're going.

What is unique about your union?
The wide range of personalities in the union. Once we get a good conversation going in the OT thread, the whole board usually becomes active. People often point out the number of posts they've come back to after they've went to sleep.(Which in most cases, can be a lot. ) We also try to keep some of our threads, and polls original.

Do you do anything special to attract new members? Or do they just come naturally?
A lot of us just invite the people on our friends list. Some members though, do come naturally looking for an active KH union to post in.

Have you considered moving your union off-site? If you have, how did that go?
I have never considered doing that, though an Officer, XDwarrior has made a site for us to post in, in case of emergencies.

Have there been any times where you just wanted to give up?
The was a time when I felt I wasn't fit to be a leader anymore. The Officers and the other members convinced me otherwise.... and I thank them for that.

Do you have any members with whom you owe part of the success to?
Of course! I'd like to thank two officers who have been with me since the creation of this union, Mudkipmaster30, and nintendo-naut. Mudkipmaster has been running the character thread since it was established. I'd also like to thank also the current officer team, and past, and present members for helping with the activity.

What was the hardest choice you had to make about your union?
It had to be ending an argument that took place. I had to think it through, and had to try to make the right decision.

Have you ever made a mistake that you regret?
As far as I can remember, not at this point. I have made a bunch of mistakes, though none of them serious.

When you think about the union system, how do you feel about it?
I think it's a fun, great system for users to hang out and talk about there interests. When done with the right members, officers, and a leader, It can be a wonderful experience.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
Never been to the union, but I like the interview, helpfully informative.
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
Good interview :) He seems to be a good leader too
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

Silent deserved the interview, I knew him before he was a union leader, and he's become a damn good one.