Nirgali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Nirgali
Member since 2012 • 95 Posts
I think you should consider something. It sounds like there are people interested in doing more than sit back and wait for gamespot to do something. A leader should reevaluate his or her station when he or she begins saying things like "I'd be willing to do something if it is worth my effort." This union should be actively helping other unions live again or support the most active unions by brainstorming ideas. Union leaders should at the very least do like what I did with GSFolders and link an active forums topic to a union so that when unions become the focus of GS dev, members will be one step away. I went a step further and made the most active forum users officers of the union. Other leaders may not know to try things like that. This union has a purpose and it isn't serving that purpose sitting around crying over why it is inactive or theorizing gamespot's "lack of concern". The truth of the matter is, unions didn't just suddenly become useless after the novelty wore off. They still provide more features to communities than the forums, but many forum users aren't aware of that without active recruitment and marketting.
siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#52 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
All good ideas and I'll consider them. Just remember that, with this union, it isn't as simple as that if we want to push our influence on other unions. Without the support of GameSpot actually showing that they care by not burying unions way at the back of the site and introducing new features, unions will continue their downward spiral. The Council has the potential to be great, but working with an outdated system that is hidden way in the back of this site doesn't allow our voice to spread very far. Even when we were working with Synthia, we didn't see much activity. And them abandoning the union awards certainly didn't make them look very supportive.

We're not "sitting around crying over why it is inactive", the Council does not open up very many conversation opportunities due to its limited appeal.