Union Enhancements *Awesome, right?*

#201 Posted by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -
ok, thanks!!!
#202 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
[QUOTE="papermariofan57"]

I will make them tomorrow or saturday, i have lot of stuff and projects to make

Lotus-Edge
Today I will make thm,but later:Ppapermariofan57
Ahhhh, stupi projects, they take me lot of time to make. Today I will make them!!!papermariofan57
I'm noticing a pattern form.:P

Me too. :lol:
#203 Posted by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -

I decided to not make them, because if I do them they will be like the ones we currently have. I will wait until a I learn how to make animated tags, and then I will make them

lol

#204 Posted by tmaclabi (17108 posts) -

I decided to not make them, because if I do them they will be like the ones we currently have. I will wait until a I learn how to make animated tags, and then I will make them

lol

papermariofan57

Wow! even me wants to learn about animations, may you teach it to me once you learn them already?

Anyway, i cant wait for your cool tags! 

#205 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -

Me too. :lol:julian_jr

Good; I'm not seeing things then.:P

lol

papermariofan57

Stills would be better.

#206 Posted by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -

I know hwo to make animations in avy, but not in tags

yeah sure

are u sure?

#207 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
Yeah, I don't care much for animations, right now I care more about just having some tags.
#208 Posted by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -
ok well, then I will make them tomorrow. And I iwll make sigs too
#209 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -

are u sure?

papermariofan57

I'm sure.

Yeah, I don't care much for animations, right now I care more about just having some tags.julian_jr

Same here.

#210 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
Hopefully the fourth time said is the charm. :P
#211 Posted by tmaclabi (17108 posts) -
I cant wait for the tags.
#212 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
Hey I was wondering, we haven't had any contests in a loooooong time (and we've never had a successful one either:P). Do you think we should attempt having one and if so what could it be about?
#213 Posted by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -
could be about...no idea:P
#214 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
If a contest is created, I don't want it being something that takes too much work. Most people don't seem to do contests if they take too much time.
#215 Posted by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -
let see....iF I have some ideas I will tell u later. Nothing cames to my mind..
#216 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -

Hey I was wondering, we haven't had any contests in a loooooong time (and we've never had a successful one either:P). Do you think we should attempt having one and if so what could it be about?julian_jr

We should, but as for ideas I've got none 8)

#217 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
I also don't have any ideas at the moment.
#218 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -

I also don't have any ideas at the moment.julian_jr

*waits for Racers help*

#219 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
Just make an archetype contest like Funniest video.
#220 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -

My idea is as followed:

So what I think we should do is give every user who posts here a little paragraph to say in the Union Directory. The user can say whatever he or she wants, just ot give a little shoutout to everyone here. We can have a vote, like once a week, to see who gets to make their saying next. It could be like a Union Hall of Fame 8)

#221 Posted by Racer_XLR (21663 posts) -

My idea is as followed:

So what I think we should do is give every user who posts here a little paragraph to say in the Union Directory. The user can say whatever he or she wants, just ot give a little shoutout to everyone here. We can have a vote, like once a week, to see who gets to make their saying next. It could be like a Union Hall of Fame 8)

NFS102

I would be the numba 1 person in teh Hall of Fame. 8)

#222 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -
[QUOTE="NFS102"]

My idea is as followed:

Racer_XLR

I would be the numba 1 person in teh Hall of Fame. 8)

:lol: Sure. So do you like my idea? :D
#223 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
I like the idea, although I don't think it should be each week, perhaps a feature that would be monthly or every two weeks.
#224 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -
I like the idea, although I don't think it should be each week, perhaps a feature that would be monthly or every two weeks.julian_jr
Yeah, we don't want to run out of users to fast liek with the hotseat, and it should be special. We should do it once a month 8) Julian can start and then we vote from there!
#225 Posted by Racer_XLR (21663 posts) -

:lol: Sure. So do you like my idea? :DNFS102

Yeah, but voting once a week... I mean theres a bunch of lazy folk running this union. Better make it once every two weeks.

#226 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
I'm still a little unsure on how to pick someone though. I'm unsure whether it should be the officers and I decide on an outstanding recruit, or it be a vote (although with no poll to prevent cheating).
#227 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -
I'm still a little unsure on how to pick someone though. I'm unsure whether it should be the officers and I decide on an outstanding recruit, or it be a vote (although with no poll to prevent cheating).julian_jr
How about this, the Leader and Officers start out doing it (since they will be in first anyways), and then once you get voted in you get to be able to vote 8) We could do it through pm's.
#228 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
That could work, although I don't think current officers should be able to be in this list, since they automatically get their own spot already (and afterwards a place for when they resign). Also, I like the idea that those in the list can vote if they want. Only problem I see possibly happening is not many people end up voting.
#229 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -
That could work, although I don't think current officers should be able to be in this list, since they automatically get their own spot already (and afterwards a place for when they resign). Also, I like the idea that those in the list can vote if they want. Only problem I see possibly happening is not many people end up voting.julian_jr
Well, that would be the biggest problem. But, if you have like 2 votes from all the people in the hall of fame already, you can always just amke a quick thread ;). Eitehr way, you should experiment with it :D
#230 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
I'm wondering what the hall of famers would get, aside from getting to put their own small shout-out in the directory. If only there was a way to give certain member extra privaleges without making them officers. :x
#231 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -
I'm wondering what the hall of famers would get, aside from getting to put their own small shout-out in the directory. If only there was a way to give certain member extra privaleges without making them officers. :xjulian_jr
Well, there is nothing really except for the recognition of being there and the ability to vote in the next Hall of Fame elections.
#232 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
[QUOTE="julian_jr"]I'm wondering what the hall of famers would get, aside from getting to put their own small shout-out in the directory. If only there was a way to give certain member extra privaleges without making them officers. :xNFS102
Well, there is nothing really except for the recognition of being there and the ability to vote in the next Hall of Fame elections.

We could try inserting some kind of rank system, but it wouldn't mean much. :x
#233 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -
[QUOTE="NFS102"][QUOTE="julian_jr"]I'm wondering what the hall of famers would get, aside from getting to put their own small shout-out in the directory. If only there was a way to give certain member extra privaleges without making them officers. :xjulian_jr

We could try inserting some kind of rank system, but it wouldn't mean much. :x

Check this out: Link I do this down at my Union. It's just a thought, but I think it is very cool. Fastest came up with it if I'm correct 8)
#234 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
I've seen systems like that before, although most times it takes lots of work to keep them up to date and then it doesn't really count for much. We could do something simpler, like hall of fame people get more recognition.
#235 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -
I've seen systems like that before, although most times it takes lots of work to keep them up to date and then it doesn't really count for much. We could do something simpler, like hall of fame people get more recognition.julian_jr
Yeah, it should just be really hard to get into the Hall of Fame. Like posting here a whole lot or helping out in some awesome way 8) It should be voted on monthly, and if you run out of people you shouldn't HAVE to vote someon in :D
#236 Posted by tmaclabi (17108 posts) -

Hey I was wondering, we haven't had any contests in a loooooong time (and we've never had a successful one either:P). Do you think we should attempt having one and if so what could it be about?julian_jr

How bout a sig contest and the theme is cofee or anything related to this Union? 

#237 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -

[QUOTE="julian_jr"]Hey I was wondering, we haven't had any contests in a loooooong time (and we've never had a successful one either:P). Do you think we should attempt having one and if so what could it be about?tmaclabi

How bout a sig contest and the theme is cofee or anything related to this Union? 

We tried something like that once, and got no entries. :( We don't have enough designers in this union to have a contest like that.:( That's one thing we really need, since contests like that would really be helpful.
#238 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
What about doing the Weekly Poll thing again? a new topic each week or we could keep the same one and just update it
#239 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
What about doing the Weekly Poll thing again? a new topic each week or we could keep the same one and just update it fastesttruck
Perhaps, if someone keeps creating a new one each week. What racer said about a lot of lazy people running this place is too true. :lol:
#240 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
Fine then I'll start with one right now ok?
#241 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
Fine then I'll start with one right now ok? fastesttruck
Sounds good with me. It could just be a new thread each week instead of updating it all the time.
#242 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
Lets see how it goes. I do think tho that a new topic would be a better for such a thing
#243 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
Lets see how it goes. I do think tho that a new topic would be a better for such a thing fastesttruck
The way I see it, is that with the new topic, more people would check on it, than if it constantly got updated. Perhaps we should try both to see which works better.
#244 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
That is may way of thinking as well. I'll make a new topic each week to add to the pages of topics here :P
#245 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -
The weekly poll idea sounds good, what about the Hall of Fame thing? :D
#246 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
The weekly poll idea sounds good, what about the Hall of Fame thing? :DNFS102
I'm still thinking on it, I like the idea, but I'd like to think of a way where the winners would get something else.
#247 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -
[QUOTE="NFS102"]The weekly poll idea sounds good, what about the Hall of Fame thing? :Djulian_jr
I'm still thinking on it, I like the idea, but I'd like to think of a way where the winners would get something else.

Special sigs? Hmm, maybe. I'll go make some sigs with GIMP in a bit, so I'll have to slow down on posting and get my homework done ;)
#248 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
If I knew how to make sigs, I'd make custom sigs and we could have more constant contests. I'd like to give custom sigs to hall of famers, but we don't have enough designers here.:(
#249 Posted by Racer_XLR (21663 posts) -

I made some sigs in GIMP earlier today, but I'm to ashamed to show them.

I used some tuts at the GIMP union.

#250 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -

I made some sigs in GIMP earlier today, but I'm to ashamed to show them.

I used some tuts at the GIMP union.

Racer_XLR
You shouldn't be ashamed to show them, I bet they beat my half-life sig. :P