ZOMG!!! XBOX 360 on Watchdog!!

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts

For those of you that do not know this is one of the top shows on UK standard TV which reveals the biggest scandals and chats about em.

If you can, put it on BBC1 right now, they talking about the freezing problems. Im glad this is getting exposure my first 360 went bust in 2 weeks and am sick and tired of fanboys accusing me of lying and claiming that this rarely happens and every fanboy claims to have 20 friends who each have a 360 and none had any problems. LIE! It happens to so many people.

EDIT: And my gamertag is conantheleader, I have 4500 gamerscore. Dont accuse me of being a fanboy cause a fanboy would not play a console they dislike for so much.

neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 neogeo419
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts

For those of you that do not know this is one of the top shows on UK standard TV which reveals the biggest scandals and chats about em.

If you can, put it on BBC1 right now, they talking about the freezing problems. Im glad this is getting exposure my first 360 went bust in 2 weeks and am sick and tired of fanboys accusing me of lying and claiming that this rarely happens and every fanboy claims to have 20 friends who each have a 360 and none had any problems. LIE! It happens to so many people.

PelekotansDream
wow, great, woohoo. A scandal huh, or maybe a....CONSPIRACY!!!
TheBigDrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TheBigDrat
Member since 2006 • 744 Posts
i don't really know how widespread the freezing problem is, but my first 360 froze after about 6 months. i got a new one for free and it has worked perfectly.

also i have 7 friends who also own xbox 360's and not one of them have had a problem.

i guess "some folks are lucky and some ain't"
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts
This doesn't surprise me.
Xeonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xeonz
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts
My friend got a 360 for Christmas and he told me last week his froze up on him with the 3 red lights.
beyondgamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 beyondgamez
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts

EDIT: And my gamertag is conantheleader, I have 4500 gamerscore. Dont accuse me of being a fanboy cause a fanboy would not play a console they dislike for so much.

PelekotansDream

Props to you for complaining..its look like most of the lemmings worship microsoft with all their heart..and dont see what microsoft is doin is wrong..can you called it brainwash?..People need to stand up and say this is  a big problem..and microsoft need to fixed all the freaken bugs already..Even now people is still having problems with it..Lemming dont stand up for themself and microsoft will continue to put out crap system..all they talk about is how the customer service was so good...lol..When sony ps3 have problems with bc they were quick with update to fix it..
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
Sadly, it IS widespread. It's something Microsoft need to admit. Mine has broken down twice. I know four people who also own one, and three of those four have had to send it off for repair - the other hasn't had any problems, one of the three who did has had the red lights three times now. Never in my life have i had to return a console for repair, or known anybody who has. To have a console now which has been repaired TWICE, and know so many others who've had the same issue... that's a problem, and microsoft dont want to admit it. It's sad, because the 360 IS the best console on the market right now. But the build quality is the biggest factor in people's reluctance to get one, which is such a u-turn for microsoft.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ninja-Vox
[QUOTE="PelekotansDream"]

beyondgamez

Props to you for complaining..its look like most of the lemmings worship microsoft with all their heart..and dont see what microsoft is doin is wrong..can you called it brainwash?..People need to stand up and say this is a a big problem..and microsoft need to fixed all the freaken bugs already..Even now people is still having problems with it..Lemming dont stand up for themself and microsoft will continue to put out crap system..all they talk about is how the customer service was so good...lol..When sony ps3 have problems with bc they were quick with update to fix it..

To be fair; 360s purchased now are more or less bug-free. The problem is, there are around 5 million out there bought in the first six months which really need to be recalled.
mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mikasa
Member since 2003 • 4060 Posts
Are they still using china to build the thing? If so, that could be the problem right there. Cheap labor == cheap product.
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 neogeo419
[QUOTE="beyondgamez"][QUOTE="PelekotansDream"]

Ninja-Vox

Props to you for complaining..its look like most of the lemmings worship microsoft with all their heart..and dont see what microsoft is doin is wrong..can you called it brainwash?..People need to stand up and say this is a a big problem..and microsoft need to fixed all the freaken bugs already..Even now people is still having problems with it..Lemming dont stand up for themself and microsoft will continue to put out crap system..all they talk about is how the customer service was so good...lol..When sony ps3 have problems with bc they were quick with update to fix it..

To be fair; 360s purchased now are more or less bug-free. The problem is, there are around 5 million out there bought in the first six months which really need to be recalled.

Agreed. Oh and beyondgamez, Sony has a suck arse track record too. Alot of DRE like my system could not be fixed by a pen and turning the gear.
fanboy999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 fanboy999
Member since 2003 • 1444 Posts
I love my Xbox 360 also. But I have had to return it twice to Microsoft for "repairs". Sure it didn't cost me anything but it is an incovenience. I also have 2 friends that play 360 and they have both had their systems breakdown as well. To be fair to MS they were all manufactured in 2005 so they are "launch" consoles. But those are out of MS warranty now so it could end up costing $140 for repairs and that is bogus.
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
I must be lucky...
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts
i just missed them talk about it. my 360 has broke 2 times, and the 2nd one i have phone 7 times to try and get it fixed, i have been trying for almost 4 months now...... my first 360 broke in febuary and was fixed within 10 days.....
boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts

someone text in and claimed to be on their 9th 360! now come on that is user problems not the 360 you cant have 8 consoles in a row go wrong.

Im not a fanboy but I do know a lot of people that have had no problems. the problem had reached its peak a few months ago now funny how they choose to bring this story up a month before the ps3 is released, ooohhh maybe it is a conspiracy LOL!

flipknoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 flipknoc
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts
MS admitted that their system was faulty, that's why they changed their warranty from 3 to 12 months.  what sucks is that more than a year later, people are still experiencing problems.  now that's ridiculous!
beyondgamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 beyondgamez
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts
someone text in and claimed to be on their 9th 360! now come on that is user problems not the 360 you cant have 8 consoles in a row go wrongboyinfridge

Is people like you is way microsoft think they can get away with it..so far people gone through at least 4 360's..If you lemming dont want it be fixed then its on you guys..dont complain since your actually motivating microsoft to think their is nothin wrong with their 360..when clearly there is a big problem with it..
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
It's a CONSPIRACY wrapped in an ENIGMA smothered in SECRET SAUCE!!!  Quick, someone call Mulder & Sculley!!! :lol:
UrlacherMLB54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 UrlacherMLB54
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts
That why all come with a year warranty so even if it breaks in 2 weeks you can get another.
boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 boyinfridge

[QUOTE="boyinfridge"]someone text in and claimed to be on their 9th 360! now come on that is user problems not the 360 you cant have 8 consoles in a row go wrongbeyondgamez

Is people like you is way microsoft think they can get away with it..so far people gone through at least 4 360's..If you lemming dont want it be fixed then its on you guys..dont complain since your actually motivating microsoft to think their is nothin wrong with their 360..when clearly there is a big problem with it..

I just dont see how 8 consoles in a row could all be faulty thats even if that person even has one it was just a text to a tv show could have been some stupid kid.

boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 boyinfridge

It's a CONSPIRACY wrapped in an ENIGMA smothered in SECRET SAUCE!!!  Quick, someone call Mulder & Sculley!!! :lol:ColoradoKindBud

exactly!!!!! LMFAO

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="boyinfridge"]someone text in and claimed to be on their 9th 360! now come on that is user problems not the 360 you cant have 8 consoles in a row go wrongbeyondgamez

I hope you're not saying the average person has gone through 4 360's...

JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts
My 360 has frozen twice on me & had the Red lights 3 times... and you know what... i am still playing that same console today, never onced sent it to MS. I turned it off & back on & wahla! look at that... it works
tempest91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 tempest91
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
It sucks that your 360 had problems.  My launch system is still humming along along with my humble gamerscore.  Perhaps I am blessed by the MS Gods.  Who knows?
OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts
i dont care what the british brodcast chanel has to say about anything.and the fact that i really do have a launch 360 thats never even frozen, makes me care even less about what they have to say.
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts
Yup, the 360 has a lot of problems. Luckily me nor any of my friends have had them.

But I've told everyone who does have one to keep the thing under warranty!
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
A lot of 360 owners were unhappy with the defect rate of the 360. Its not a fanboy statement to say something about it.
flipknoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 flipknoc
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts

PelekotansDream

you forgot to mention that microsoft refused to make an appearance on the show. i don't blame them :)
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
I think we should start a Worst Timeline continue for Xbox360. 2007 has 2 flops, and now this?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

I think we should start a Worst Timeline continue for Xbox360. 2007 has 2 flops, and now this?shungokustasu

Two flops? :?

Crackdown was one... and I hope you're not referring to Lost Planet, because that was hyped AA.

tempest91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 tempest91
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
I think we should start a Worst Timeline continue for Xbox360. 2007 has 2 flops, and now this?shungokustasu

You could do this, but it would spark another PS3 one and then we'd just be right back where we are:  nowhere.
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
My 360 used to freeze up on me all the time when I was playing Gears o lot.Thank god that game had a autosave feature. Dont play my 360 that much anymore but I'm still getting the occasianal freeze up when I play demo's and arcade games. Might just trade it in towards a PS3 in March and get a new one when Halo3 comes out.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

Yeah, there's something you can do to keep yourself busy while you wait for the PS3 to get it's first AAA title.

Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts
I must be lucky...mmogoon
Me 2. I understand that these things happen. Soz about that.
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 neogeo419

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I think we should start a Worst Timeline continue for Xbox360. 2007 has 2 flops, and now this?ColoradoKindBud

Yeah, there's something you can do to keep yourself busy while you wait for the PS3 to get it's first AAA title.

Lol:D
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 neogeo419
My 360 used to freeze up on me all the time when I was playing Gears o lot.Thank god that game had a autosave feature. Dont play my 360 that much anymore but I'm still getting the occasianal freeze up when I play demo's and arcade games. Might just trade it in towards a PS3 in March and get a new one when Halo3 comes out.gsx1100
:question:
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I think we should start a Worst Timeline continue for Xbox360. 2007 has 2 flops, and now this?neogeo419

Lol:D

I chuckled.
GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
Is there like an internet article on this?

And is AAA 9+ if So resistance is AAA.
jimbob9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jimbob9999
Member since 2003 • 1120 Posts

PelekotansDream

Oh god, I never watch Watchdog.
Half the time it's just old woman talking about how they got scammed by some builder, this just seems like a viewer grabbing story to me, tell me how it concludes considering MS has fantastic customer service I don't see the problem.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
For starters its not a top tv show and to be honest sony where on it twice with the ps2 and it done them no harm.
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts
... But what about all the people who've had a 360 since launch like me.... who have had ZERO problems. I know you mentioned "blah blah + your 20 friends who don't have problems" but actually like 12 of my friends have 360s and none of them had issues either...
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ninja-Vox
i dont care what the british brodcast chanel has to say about anything.and the fact that i really do have a launch 360 thats never even frozen, makes me care even less about what they have to say.OpticalCanine
It's not the BBC. It's real people who phone in and complain. If they get a certain number of complaints, they investigate the problem. I cant wait to see your view u-turn when your 360 breaks; because it's only a matter of time.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ninja-Vox
Er, hardly. They were both flops by tiny margins; a FLOP of thread-worthy scale is Brute Force, or Killzone. And problems with 360s aren't an issue any more. It's only the launch systems and a few shipments which followed. Dont exaggerate things.
ilovesnowboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ilovesnowboard
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
I love my 360, but it froxe very often...so i sent it in, and the new one works great!
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
Are they still using china to build the thing? If so, that could be the problem right there. Cheap labor == cheap product.mikasa
Everheard of ISO certified? No guess not. Thanks for your opinion though.
Kuniva1181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kuniva1181
Member since 2004 • 521 Posts
[QUOTE="beyondgamez"][QUOTE="PelekotansDream"]

Ninja-Vox

November 06 is pretty new yet my first 360 3 red lighted me December 26 of the same year, 1 day after I got it. My new 360 which is not a refurb DRE's me every few hours or so without fail. From personal experience I would say the bugs have not been fixed. Also make note that my 360 is out in the open with PLENTY of breathing room.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"][QUOTE="beyondgamez"][QUOTE="PelekotansDream"]

Kuniva1181

November 06 is pretty new yet my first 360 3 red lighted me December 26 of the same year, 1 day after I got it. My new 360 which is not a refurb DRE's me every few hours or so without fail. From personal experience I would say the bugs have not been fixed. Also make note that my 360 is out in the open with PLENTY of breathing room.

I've also heard of a couple of folks whose christmas contained three too many blinking red lights. And I'm fairly sure my replacement unit is gonna crap out on me eventually. Has frozen on me a couple of times in various games. Which is the same way my old 360 began its short life. Don't know if it's a refurb though. How can you tell anyway? Got it in September, manufactured two months earlier. Had those plastic stickers on it.
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
[QUOTE="gsx1100"]My 360 used to freeze up on me all the time when I was playing Gears o lot.Thank god that game had a autosave feature. Dont play my 360 that much anymore but I'm still getting the occasianal freeze up when I play demo's and arcade games. Might just trade it in towards a PS3 in March and get a new one when Halo3 comes out.neogeo419
:question:

??????????
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
I remember Rob off Youtube telling us about this in one of his latest videos. For anyone who is confused, Rob is this middle aged londoner who has had 5 360s or sumthing and all of them have broken on him.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I must be the luckiest person in the whole world. I am still on my first 360... Not 1 issue. I should start playing the lottery.

3%-5% remember that. Not 50%-80%. :lol: