Zero Punctuation (Yahtzee) reviews Halo 4

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

....*laughs* wow people are actually trying to poffer yahtzee as a factual review and not satire/comedy. there is a reason he's only covered under escapist magazine.

then you get folks like kuiraman whom whorship metacritic and hes not even counted on metacritic...

svenus97
Yes, he makes comedy, but it doesn't change the fact that he always brings up good points.

and a 5 years old spouting random stuff during certain situations where the words out of the mouth of babes applies mean they often make good points this doesn't change the fact that they are 5 year olds. his stuff is meant as comedy escapist magazine is predominately a comedy website based around gamer culture... We are talking about a site that now hosts TheJimquisition...
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#102 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

He liked Resistance 3 more, lol. Yahtzee, you my bro.

Master_ShakeXXX
I liked Resistance 3 more.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#103 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Yahtzee is one of the best reviewers out there.kuraimen
You call him a reviewer? Lol.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

jg4xchamp

I liked Resistance 3's (and only Resistance 3's) campaign more.

Fixed so no one thinks you praised Resistance's trash multiplayer or Resistance: FoM or Resistance 2.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#105 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Yahtzee is one of the best reviewers out there.mitu123

Given how he "reviews" games...yeah he's more so a parody on reviews rather than an actual serious reviewer.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Yahtzee is one of the best reviewers out there.mitu123

Technically it's what he does. System Wars believes in this theory that he's an act, and that's true to an extent. But it's become pretty clear that means a lot of sh1t he says about games, just with a more comedic tone, and some hyperbole and b1tching about little sh1t. But he's essentially doing video review of games that are in line with youtube posters doing videos. Just you know actually entertaining, and kind of right on some things half the time.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

DarkLink77

I liked Resistance 3's (and only Resistance 3's) campaign more.

Fixed so no one thinks you praised Resistance's trash multiplayer or Resistance: FoM or Resistance 2.

I'm pretty sure the last part wasn't an issue given that I did write Resistance 3. But yeah sure, thanks.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] I liked Resistance 3's (and only Resistance 3's) campaign more. jg4xchamp

I'm pretty sure the last part wasn't an issue given that I did write Resistance 3. But yeah sure, thanks.

True. But you know how Shake is. You praise one Resistance game, and you like them all. Especially considering that you have to agree with him now.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 jg4xchamp
But I totally do love the soul searching journey of Nathan Hale. But yeah next time we're forcing me to agree with someone who would have some fun with this. Shake is a choke artist. He's Matt Ryan. You can give him everything in the f*cking world, and he'll still find a way to f*ck it up.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Yahtzee is one of the best reviewers out there.jg4xchamp

Technically it's what he does. System Wars believes in this theory that he's an act, and that's true to an extent. But it's become pretty clear that means a lot of sh1t he says about games, just with a more comedic tone, and some hyperbole and b1tching about little sh1t. But he's essentially doing video review of games that are in line with youtube posters doing videos. Just you know actually entertaining, and kind of right on some things half the time.

I don't think he ever does multiplayer in games that are heavy on it, so while listening to him when it comes to judging the game's single player is mainly a good thing, it feels odd for not also mentioning the other game's strength/weakness. For example no one buys Battlefield for single player, so for him to only review the single player aspect is like not even playing a fraction of the game.

And when it comes to Crysis, Crysis and Crysis Warhead have worth playing campaigns(Crysis Warhead more so) but garbage multiplayer in all Crysis games(even Crysis 2), so since he doesn't review multiplayer, some poor lad will play that crap without knowing it's crap.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="mitu123"]You call him a reviewer? Lol.

mitu123

I don't think he ever does multiplayer in games that are heavy on it, so while listening to him when it comes to judging the game's single player is mainly a good thing, it feels odd for not also mentioning the other game's strength/weakness. For example no one buys Battlefield for single player, so for him to only review the single player aspect is like not even playing a fraction of the game.

And when it comes to Crysis, Crysis and Crysis Warhead have worth playing campaigns(Crysis Warhead more so) but garbage multiplayer in all Crysis games(even Crysis 2), so since he doesn't review multiplayer, some poor lad will play that crap without knowing it's crap.

That's the lads fault.

And the solo only stuff is ...honestly whatever. There are plenty of people(on this board no less) that might as well be "yo I only want to knwo if the SP is good" and in that regard he'll rip poor games a new one. People can spin it anyway they want, but the battlefield campaigns are sh1t. They aren't good. People love b1tching about "yo i have to pay for tacked on BS multiplayer"...how about we start calling Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield out for having campaigns nowhere near worth the price of admission.

The way I see it's fair game.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Technically it's what he does. System Wars believes in this theory that he's an act, and that's true to an extent. But it's become pretty clear that means a lot of sh1t he says about games, just with a more comedic tone, and some hyperbole and b1tching about little sh1t. But he's essentially doing video review of games that are in line with youtube posters doing videos. Just you know actually entertaining, and kind of right on some things half the time. jg4xchamp

That's the lads fault.

And the solo only stuff is ...honestly whatever. There are plenty of people(on this board no less) that might as well be "yo I only want to knwo if the SP is good" and in that regard he'll rip poor games a new one. People can spin it anyway they want, but the battlefield campaigns are sh1t. They aren't good. People love b1tching about "yo i have to pay for tacked on BS multiplayer"...how about we start calling Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield out for having campaigns nowhere near worth the price of admission.

The way I see it's fair game.

So damn true, I would never pay full price for any of those for just the campaign, it's like throwing away money, might as well rent them.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DarkLink77
But I totally do love the soul searching journey of Nathan Hale. But yeah next time we're forcing me to agree with someone who would have some fun with this. Shake is a choke artist. He's Matt Ryan. You can give him everything in the f*cking world, and he'll still find a way to f*ck it up. jg4xchamp
Yeah, he hasn't been doing anything with it at all. Seriously, Shake, dafuq?
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#114 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]But I totally do love the soul searching journey of Nathan Hale. But yeah next time we're forcing me to agree with someone who would have some fun with this. Shake is a choke artist. He's Matt Ryan. You can give him everything in the f*cking world, and he'll still find a way to f*ck it up. DarkLink77

wtf have you been expecting. Ive; never demonstrated skills in this sh*t.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]not satire/comedy.

WilliamRLBaker

What, exactly, is he satirizing?

overly critical reviews online

Uh, no. That's what he is. Just because he uses humor in it doesn't mean it's satire. Unless you can find evidence that he doesn't actually believe the points he makes about the games he reviews, then... it isn't satire.

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts
[QUOTE="svenus97"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

....*laughs* wow people are actually trying to poffer yahtzee as a factual review and not satire/comedy. there is a reason he's only covered under escapist magazine.

then you get folks like kuiraman whom whorship metacritic and hes not even counted on metacritic...

WilliamRLBaker
Yes, he makes comedy, but it doesn't change the fact that he always brings up good points.

and a 5 years old spouting random stuff during certain situations where the words out of the mouth of babes applies mean they often make good points this doesn't change the fact that they are 5 year olds. his stuff is meant as comedy escapist magazine is predominately a comedy website based around gamer culture... We are talking about a site that now hosts TheJimquisition...

What?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]But I totally do love the soul searching journey of Nathan Hale. But yeah next time we're forcing me to agree with someone who would have some fun with this. Shake is a choke artist. He's Matt Ryan. You can give him everything in the f*cking world, and he'll still find a way to f*ck it up. Master_ShakeXXX

wtf have you been expecting. Ive; never demonstrated skills in this sh*t.

All you have to do is what you normally do: say ridiculous sh!t. And he has to agree with it. But you've been downplaying it. So, again, dafuq, Shake?
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

jg4xchamp

Get outta town :P

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Ly_the_Fairy

Get outta town :P

Resistance 3 had the best shooter SP campaign of 2011

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#120 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
i don't get why you guys say he didn't say anything good about the game. He acknowledged that he liked the open design of the stages rather than the checkpoint-to-checkpoint linear slog that gaming is moving towards.
BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

good review, showcases how terrible modern fps fans are.

there was a time back in the day when fps games were about shooting, and the enjoyment was derived from the shooting mechanics... and how fun the gameplay was.

People will praise wolfenstein, quake, doom and unreal to high hell... but nobody ever criticizes their non existent stories or meaningless objectives. They were arena shooters where the enjoyment was derrived from the gameplay.

halo is the last living arena shooter with good fps gameplay, and with arguably the best enemy AI and some of the best sandbox environments... it easily has the best gameplay of any shooter on the market.

but nowadays everyone wants a call of duty michael bay esque on rails shooter thats 90% QTEs and auto aim. If halo dies, and the modern arena shooter along with it... im blaming the counter strike kids... that made online gaming go from, nailing a pinpoint railgun shot while flying across the screen at 50 mph... to camping behind a box so you can get a surprise kill with a random machine gun spray to the legs.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
i don't get why you guys say he didn't say anything good about the game. He acknowledged that he liked the open design of the stages rather than the checkpoint-to-checkpoint linear slog that gaming is moving towards.GunSmith1_basic
That's essentially what Halo 4 is though. A checkpoint to checkpoint slog. Although the player is not as tightly controlled, it's still go press this button to move onto the next arena where you will engage in combat with waves of covenant. I think people are really exaggerating the size of these "sandboxes". Sure some of the stages are a bit larger than what you'd find in your typical shooting game, but there isn't much variety in approach outside of maybe getting into a vehicle or choosing which button you'd like the press first. The outcome doesn't change drastically, and the encounter design is very samey throughout the campaign.
greenskittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#123 greenskittles
Member since 2011 • 661 Posts

I've personally never gotten Halo single-player. They feel almost identical, and I have tried my hands at Halo, Halo 3, Halo Reach and Halo 4. Of course they are Halo games so it only makes sense that some structure is there and consistent throughout but after starting all of them and getting into the first few stages I just don't find it fun and they litterally all seem interchangeable. I don't like using the words 'boring' because it's a little too simple-minded an answer but he echoes pretty much what I think of Halo games in general.

I've never completed any of them but I have tried most of them and they never grab me. Maybe they all just start bad ... I don't know, MGS and Mass Effect games all generally do in my opinion too but for some reason I've worked up enough of an interest to get through them all and they are some of my favorite franchises.

I actually wanna get it. Don't know what it takes though.