Zephyr: Lemming ownage, or PS3 death knell?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jRocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 jRocka
Member since 2002 • 5125 Posts
i already have a premium 360, and i would not mind buying this new version (if it is actually real that is). i am not being forced to buy it, and all the games will work across all three packages (DVD 9). Even if they discontinue the core version, the games will still work on it, and gamers who bought the Core package can still upgrade with a harddrive and HD wires. MS is giving options. if you dont want HDMI and HDDVD or a HDD or even HD Cables, you dont have to buy them. Yes, the Zephyr was a "late" package, but it's still an option to those who love all the multimedia features, it has no impact on gams.
freakout247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 freakout247
Member since 2004 • 843 Posts
How is it lemming ownage if: 1. Both consoles can still play the same games as they always have, we are not forced to buy it. Hell, I don't even WANT it and 2. It will be one step closer to the power of the PS3??
iTyVi36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 iTyVi36
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts
they are charging more for it the least they could do is build in wi fisolidgamer
YOU'RE GETTING A 120 GB HDD AND HDMI!!
nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"]What say you? One, or the other, or both? Because seriously, if the Zephyr IS real, then it pretty much puts the PS3 to shame in every way except WiFi and BluRay, and it's STILL cheaper. It probably won't sell as well as the Premium, but it can at least prevent people from buying the PS3 by presenting a very attractive alternative.

you make it sound like blu ray and wifi is nothing. Thats like adding a blu ray player and wifi for an extra 20 bucks more than the new 360...id say thats a darn good deal my friend.
i_own_atrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 i_own_atrc
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"]What say you? One, or the other, or both? Because seriously, if the Zephyr IS real, then it pretty much puts the PS3 to shame in every way except WiFi and BluRay, and it's STILL cheaper. It probably won't sell as well as the Premium, but it can at least prevent people from buying the PS3 by presenting a very attractive alternative.

lol people buy it for the game. america likes shooters that why here so many xboxs in america. japan likes rpg that why the ps2 and ds are owning in japan. the 360 does not have many and its bombed in japan. so the zephyr will not make a big deal.
i_own_atrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 i_own_atrc
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
[QUOTE="nolson"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"]What say you? One, or the other, or both? Because seriously, if the Zephyr IS real, then it pretty much puts the PS3 to shame in every way except WiFi and BluRay, and it's STILL cheaper. It probably won't sell as well as the Premium, but it can at least prevent people from buying the PS3 by presenting a very attractive alternative.

you make it sound like blu ray and wifi is nothing. Thats like adding a blu ray player and wifi for an extra 20 bucks more than the new 360...id say thats a darn good deal my friend.

microsoft charges $100 for wifi and $200 for hd dvd which is loseing right now.
nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts
exactly...im not sure if you understood but i was in favor of ps3.
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
I don't know the zephyr looks kind of pointless to me......why would I buy a whole new console for some blackness, a bigger harddrive, and an HDMi connection?Aren't those called PS3s?
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
Zephyr is absoloutly pointless, there is no use for a 120 gb hd, I will barely get over 20 gb of space.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
they are charging more for it the least they could do is build in wi fisolidgamer
They better put in built in wi-fi.
beyondgamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 beyondgamez
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts

lol..are you serious? so i guess it make the old 360 even more worthless..lol....i guess 9 million or more 360 owner is screwed since the new one is better..which is true..i guess microsoft really owned  a lot of people...the ps3 will still be better when the zephyr comes out..the  people who wants 120gb hdd separate will have to cough up another 200 dollars..lol..so basically you payin 600 dollars for that add on..all the lemming should of jus went with the ps3 better deal..microsoft always find a way to get money..lmao..
Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts
This could push any ps2 fans who were thinking of getting a 360 just because the ps3 is too expensive to just getting a ps3. I think overall it will work against MS, as it will anger the early adopters and make the ps3 seem like a feasible choice for the later adopters.
godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 godhandiscen
Member since 2003 • 3454 Posts

[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]If anything it is a 360 death knell. If M$ launches Zephyr they will most likely kill the $399 because I seriously doubt they will sell 3 different model systems to retailers. PS3 will easily outsell 360 if that happens.Hammerofjustice
Why would they kill the $399 version?

they are killing the 299 version and keeping the 399 version. MS is still loosing money on the 360 you know.

They started making money ages ago. Keep up with the times.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20061120132150.html

XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 XTy
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts

What say you? One, or the other, or both? Because seriously, if the Zephyr IS real, then it pretty much puts the PS3 to shame in every way except WiFi and BluRay, and it's STILL cheaper. It probably won't sell as well as the Premium, but it can at least prevent people from buying the PS3 by presenting a very attractive alternative.mjarantilla

It hurts far more than it helps.

M$ image would suffer.