Zelda Wii U delayed. Nobody was shocked

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

So we aren't even seeing it at E3? When are we actually going to see this game again then? Does anyone actually think they'd launch this before holiday 2016? makes me sad :(

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#102 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@nini200 said:

Woohoo now we can focus on some other forgotten Nintendo franchise because Zelda has gotten farrr too much love lately :D No showing at E3 either? Even better :D This does 2 things, it says that Nintendo is planning to attend E3 AND it says that there will be NO ZELDA at E3 meaning other games can be announced and be the main focus! WOOHOOOO This news made my day brighter :D

lol all Nintendo needs to do is announce SMTxFE and you will be on cloud nine. :P

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@superbuuman said:

@nini200 said:

Woohoo now we can focus on some other forgotten Nintendo franchise because Zelda has gotten farrr too much love lately :D No showing at E3 either? Even better :D This does 2 things, it says that Nintendo is planning to attend E3 AND it says that there will be NO ZELDA at E3 meaning other games can be announced and be the main focus! WOOHOOOO This news made my day brighter :D

lol all Nintendo needs to do is announce SMTxFE and you will be on cloud nine. :P

You darn right lol

CrashNeoSigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104 CrashNeoSigma
Member since 2014 • 50 Posts

Well I guess ps4 and Wii U owners will be reading all the halo 5 news this year

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Wow, wasn't expecting this. Figured Nintendo was going to dump all their resources into the game to get the big hitters out sooner rather than later. Because of the low sales of the wiiu and gamepad intergration, I'm thinking this won't be a wiiu plus successor console release like Twilight Princess.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#106 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Well it was bound to happen. Especially since Not even Star Fox WiiU has been seen yet and that's supposed to be out BEFORE Zelda WiiU.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I have no issue with this. 10 years from now, no one will remember the release date. What people will remember, however, is how great the game is.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#108 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Cant say Im surprised. Would rather a game be delayed and spit polished to a shine, then released half finished. I have plenty to play in the meantime anyways.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#109 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

WiiU is doomed....lololol

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

No E3 showing is a bummer, but I'd rather play a delayed game than a rushed one. This year is stacked enough as is.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#111 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@MirkoS77:

they most likely do it in order to avoid offending someone with some stupid shit that would later on become a full blown controversy.

Yea but you can't revolve your business and style around being PC and worrying about every little thing.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#112 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Aww. Can't say I didn't expect it.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

@AtariKidX: just like the vita.... Lolol

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

so do we think starfox is coming this year? I honestly thought starfox would be delayed as they rushed to ensure Zelda would make 2015. But if zeldas delayed, what are they actually gonna release this year?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#115 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I dont even own a WiiU so zero f**ks were given :P

it still has splatoon i think

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

@arkephonic said:

I have no issue with this. 10 years from now, no one will remember the release date. What people will remember, however, is how great the game is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@locopatho said:

so do we think starfox is coming this year? I honestly thought starfox would be delayed as they rushed to ensure Zelda would make 2015. But if zeldas delayed, what are they actually gonna release this year?

It has got to be for legitimate reasons. It is a very respectable move by Nintendo and further distances them from the other two. Did I want and actually expect it this year? Yes, and especially so considering partnerships forced their hand at stating a new console was on the horizon.

I think part of it and why Nintendo sees it acceptable is because of Xenoblade. They aren't the same of course but they are both lengthy games which some consumer can view as similar experiences. You bring up Starfox and I think they will push that along with Mario Maker. Those are 3 solid titles.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

So, what's left for the WiiU this year? The droughts are nuts with this thing.

Good question. Has anything worthwhile been released for late '15 and early '16?

If Nintendo has confirmed this delay, well, I am content in saying it's time to stick a fork in it. It's done.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Calling it. Wii U/NX multiplat. Just like Twilight Princess.

Not sure if bad or good move if that becomes a reality. In a way it's great because it's a BIG title right at the (assumingly) launch of a new platform/service. On the other hand, WiiU owners will get the (assumingly) worst version of something that was originally meant for their own platform only.

Ah well. Time will tell I guess. And with Ninty it's kinda hard to make predictions on how their software will work or how the crowd will react to it :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Desmonic:

Am I the only one not forgetting the gamepad? The gamepad is apparently integral to the control. As I said earlier, because of wiiu sales I don't think the next console will have anything to do with the gamepad.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Desmonic  Moderator

@Heirren: Okay. How is that, in any way or shape, relevant to my reply to Chaz?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Desmonic said:

@Heirren: Okay. How is that, in any way or shape, relevant to my reply to Chaz?

Perhaps you were insinuating it as well. What I mean to say is that Nintendo sees the gamepad as something that didn't cross over into consumer as they had hoped. They do not sell them outside the wiiu system, they cost more than they ought to, to produce, and zelda utilizes the pad. As of now I see it as almost impossible for the next Zelda to arrive on the next hardware.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator

@Heirren:

Soo.... how did the WiiU Gamepad stop AC3, Watch Dogs, ME3, Batman Arkham City (and others I'm likely forgetting) from happening on the WiiU or other consoles?

The problem with the Gamepad so far isn't that it has been so integral to the gameplay on the console that it's exclusives can only be done there; that the experiences brought by the use of it are entirely unique and essential to the software in question. In fact it's been quite the opposite. You can count by fingers in your hand the number of games that make integral use of the gamepad and can't be played with alternative controllers like the Pro Controller or WiiMote.

I can see the port to the future hardware/service (NX) happening quite easily. I merely mentioned (some of ) the positive and negative sides of such a move.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Desmonic said:

@Heirren:

Soo.... how did the WiiU Gamepad stop AC3, Watch Dogs, ME3, Batman Arkham City (and others I'm likely forgetting) from happening on the WiiU or other consoles?

The problem with the Gamepad so far isn't that it has been so integral to the gameplay on the console that it's exclusives can only be done there; that the experiences brought by the use of it are entirely unique and essential to the software in question. In fact it's been quite the opposite. You can count by fingers in your hand the number of games that make integral use of the gamepad and can't be played with alternative controllers like the Pro Controller or WiiMote.

I can see the port to the future hardware/service (NX) happening quite easily. I merely mentioned (some of ) the positive and negative sides of such

It just crossed my mind that perhaps this delay is to actually transfer over gamepad specific mechanics to a more traditional style of play.

And I agree with you about gamepad integration, but everything stressed about Zelda seemed to actually benefit the design--from the constant map use, horse riding to aiming combat, plotting points, etc. It really looked like the first core style game to benefit from it. Not just clearing up screen clutter, but instituting more depth to action and not to mention what could be done with a dungeon and puzzles with the gamepad..............................if this was the case I really would like to see it come to fruition.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

So, what's left for the WiiU this year? The droughts are nuts with this thing.

Starfox?

@deadline-zero0 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

lol at people thinking 2015's a shit year because Uncharted 4 and Zelda got delayed

We still have for sure:

• The Witcher 3
  • Arkham Knight
  • Metal Gear Solid V
  • Persona 5
  • Xenoblade X
  • Halo 5
  • Fire Emblem If

And tentatively, FFXV and Star Fox

This is still the best year for major releases since 2011, you goofs

Atleast 2 of the bolded won't make it.

Fire Emblem sure has **** ain't

Why would Persona not make it?Persona isn';t really a franchise with huge production values and I doubt there are team cuts that would make it hard to release it on time. Same with Starfox which will probably be slapped together. FFXV isn't going to come out this year, why does anyone think that, Square even said 2016 is a good bet.

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#126 B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

@charizard1605:

I was just about to say that. Not only will Nintendo announce the NX in 2016 but I think it will release in the holiday 2016 season and Zelda a launch title.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#127 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

Not sure if bad or good move if that becomes a reality. In a way it's great because it's a BIG title right at the (assumingly) launch of a new platform/service. On the other hand, WiiU owners will get the (assumingly) worst version of something that was originally meant for their own platform only.

Ah well. Time will tell I guess. And with Ninty it's kinda hard to make predictions on how their software will work or how the crowd will react to it :P

Worse version? Sir, I must point out to you, Twilight Princess was better on Gamecube than Wii.

@b_rich84 said:

@charizard1605:

I was just about to say that. Not only will Nintendo announce the NX in 2016 but I think it will release in the holiday 2016 season and Zelda a launch title.

A 2016 release date for NX, assuming it is a console successor to Wii U, would be them treading some mighty thin ice there, however, don't you think?

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#128 B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

Worse version? Sir, I must point out to you, Twilight Princess was better on Gamecube than Wii.

@b_rich84 said:

@charizard1605:

A 2016 release date for NX, assuming it is a console successor to Wii U, would be them treading some mighty thin ice there, however, don't you think?

I do think that, but I have the feeling when Nintendo consolidated their departments two years ago they started development on this. We know the NX is a platform but we don't know what type.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

No E3 showing is a bummer, but I'd rather play a delayed game than a rushed one. This year is stacked enough as is.

Isn't it also confirmed that Uncharted 4 won't be at E3 either? I thought I read that somewhere. If it's true why isn't anyone batting an eye at that?

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

Oh well still lots to looks forward in this year: Splatoon, Devil's Third, Yoshi, Xenoblade, Mario Maker, (probably some stuff I missed) and whatever come out at E3.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Let it bake until it's ready.

Don't do a 343i.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I knew it would be delayed,but no new footage. I mean come on :(

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#133 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Yeah Nintendo bit off more than it could chew announcing both Zelda and Star Fox for 2015. Oh well, at least my backlog won't pile up as badly this year.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Isn't it also confirmed that Uncharted 4 won't be at E3 either? I thought I read that somewhere. If it's true why isn't anyone batting an eye at that?

Really? I never heard that.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@locopatho said:

@PonchoTaco:

"A console with no games is a pile of fucking shit, a useless waste of space" - me

I agree.

That is why I call the PS4, PoS4 and fail to even acknowledge the XBone's existance.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Desmonic  Moderator

@charizard1605: "And with Ninty it's kinda hard to make predictions on how their software will work or how the crowd will react to it :P"

Case in point, basically XD

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 locopatho

@Maroxad said:

@locopatho said:

@PonchoTaco:

"A console with no games is a pile of fucking shit, a useless waste of space" - me

I agree.

That is why I call the PS4, PoS4 and fail to even acknowledge the XBone's existance.

Lol. Just got a 9/10 GOTY contender in Bloodbourne. Will continue getting awesome games all year.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By locopatho

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Don't do a 343i.

Or an Evolution Studios.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

Remember when Twilight Princess was delayed on GC then announced for Wii and the GC owners felt like they got the shaft after waiting all that time?

I think something similar could happen if they make it an NX launch title. NX will get the superiror version of course.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

im shocked!!!!

...no im not. i would have been surprised if they managed to meet 2015. last time the game was shown it looked nowhere near ready.

im guessing its going to be a late 2016 release.

i suspect starfox will be shown at this years E3 and will be released around march 2016.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#142 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I can understand the delay, but I just don't understand why it won't be shown at E3.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#143  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@pikachudude860 said:

@superbuuman said:

@pikachudude860 said:

@superbuuman said:

Getting this game for a NX release too?. :P

Would you buy it for the NX? (Assuming it's a console)

I caved and bought Twilight Princess for the Gamecube. If Zelda U is on the NX, I not sure which I'd buy it on. (Again, assuming the NX is a console I'd like to buy it on.) =P

I bought the Wii version of TP...right now I'd say "No" ..but that's what I am saying right now...hehehe. :P

Ahh. I see. Honestly, I didn't care for the Wii version of TP. I liked the GC version much better.

Still need to see what the whole NX thing is before I can say for sure. lol.

GC version of TP was the correct one..hehehe, Zelda SS was the proper Wii version Zelda...IF NX is a new console, I'd hope Nintendo notice & release a better hardware system than XB1 & PS4 - seeing that these 2 struggles to get 1080p, (if NX is a game console that can do 1080p at 60fps at high quality settings on all games that would be freaking awesome) & a normal primary controller..IF its some weird controller or really expensive one then that's already a put off. :P

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#144 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@Gue1: You can't be serious...

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#145 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@SonySoldier-_- said:

Remember when Twilight Princess was delayed on GC then announced for Wii and the GC owners felt like they got the shaft after waiting all that time?

I think something similar could happen if they make it an NX launch title. NX will get the superiror version of course.

Whatever their next console is there is a very good chance it won't release until 2017.Zelda will release most likely only on the WiiU.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@locopatho said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Don't do a 343i.

Or an Evolution Studios.

True for MP, but at least the SP worked.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@locopatho said:

@Maroxad said:

@locopatho said:

@PonchoTaco:

I agree.

Lol. Just got a 9/10 GOTY contender in Bloodbourne. Will continue getting awesome games all year.

One excellent game does not justify, the rest of its miserable existance. We don't know if those games will be good yet.

As for now. The PoS4 has only one thing going for it. Otherwise it is a waste of engineering.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

...and there Nintendo lost "game of the year"...easy year for Ps4 to win then

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 locopatho

@Maroxad said:

@locopatho said:

@Maroxad said:

@locopatho said:

@PonchoTaco:

I agree.

One excellent game does not justify, the rest of its miserable existance. We don't know if those games will be good yet.

As for now. The PoS4 has only one thing going for it. Otherwise it is a waste of engineering.

Nah, it has dozens of awesome games you lunatic, no one cares if you or me are playing on PC, 20 million gamers are playing them on PS4, the best console out at the moment.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 locopatho

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@locopatho said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Don't do a 343i.

Or an Evolution Studios.

True for MP, but at least the SP worked.

So did Halo's though. It was unacceptable to release either of those games in that state.