You know you're too old for gaming when......

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#51 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
My friend's Uncle tried to play Halo once. It was a disaster. While playing, his Uncle shouts "How do I hit with my gun?" My friend says "Press the B button!" 'Which one is the B button?' 'The red one!' Which one is the red one?" Yeah, it didn't go well. I guess you are too old for video games when you don't know your colors. But I think you are too old for anything at that point. No offense to the veterans on this site.
Lemmywinks_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Lemmywinks_360
Member since 2007 • 1996 Posts

You're never too old for gaming, but I imagine I'll stop playing FPSs online when I'm 50yrs old or so.

The twitch reflexes just won't be there anymore :P

LosDaddie

lol have you ever seen an old person. They shake like crazy, if anything that should make them better at fps games. I know ill still be gaming when I'm old.:P

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
My friend's Uncle tried to play Halo once. It was a disaster. While playing, his Uncle shouts "How do I hit with my gun?" My friend says "Press the B button!" 'Which one is the B button?' 'The red one!' Which one is the red one?" Yeah, it didn't go well. I guess you are too old for video games when you don't know your colors. But I think you are too old for anything at that point. No offense to the veterans on this site.tylergamereview
so its his fault the button placement and names on the xbox controller are not intuitive?
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
The thing that matters here is if you have the time to continue playing like a pro. I think I will never be too old for gaming, but I'll be a teacher soon so in the future I'll be lucky if I can play one hour per day. :)
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

Nope. Just you. ;-)

I am 37 and a GAMING GOD!

I will never be defeated in any game I really like.

:-)

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
...when you're deadst1ka
What? No gaming in the afterlife? :P
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

ur never to old to play, i'm 21 still playing just look at these people playing wii they look like they are having fun:

they look like they are having fun playing wii. me and my dad use to play golden eye together.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Just the other day my son snatched my m/kb from me when he sat and watched me die 4 times in the same place on Dead Space. With a little too much ease and just one try he past the point i kept failing on.

He is 11. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. A few years ago i had to lower my skill level on most games to give him a chance when we play vs. Now he shouts my 14 yr old daughter as she is more of a challenge than me. My wife finds it very funny, i on the other hand do not lol.

Just wondered if any other older gamers have had similar experiences? I'm 31 btw and my 5 yr old regularly beats me on wii games lol.

Frozzik
i'm 35, fortunately for me my 10 year old son can't beat me yet, but i know the day will come very soon, i don't think we are too old for gaming, i just think we should just forget about being competative and just enjoy games for ourselves, regardless of how many times w get pwnd by our own children.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#59 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
I'm hoping I wont grow out of video games. Because I have no other hobbies. I'll have to start, like, talking to people. Eew.