Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20249 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@mesome713: You keep saying that, yet you still haven't played it. Keep dreaming because Xenoblade X still has issue of it's own as well

I keep saying that cause its a fact. Half fact.

So in other words, you still haven't played it! Game has been fixed, I enjoyed it despite the bugs and in the end all games have bugs, including Nintendo games

Loading Video...

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 FireEmblem_Man

@mesome713: Also, just to own you even further! You complain about The Witcher 3 getting patched all the time? How about the slow process of Nintendo to release patches, especially for Xenoblade Chronicles X

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

There are two things I love about XCX:

1. Exploration: This game gives an amazing sense of exploration. Seeing what exotic areas and high level creatures lie ahead is truly a great feeling.
  2. Combat: I just find the arts system to be the best kind of combat in an RPG. Figuring out optimal combos and synergy with your team mates is rewarding.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Content?

It's pretty much kill X,gather Y and get some points and cash. Nothing creative here

Ironically The Witcher 3 also had those...in fact that was the MAJORITY of The Witcher 3 which every RPG from JRPG's, WRPGs, ARPG's and MMO's. Honestly I don't think I've played a RPG the last 15 years that didn't have a single quest that was "go here, kill this mob" or "kill -insert number of mobs- to get item".

I love both games (TW3 and XCX) but awesome WRPG's are dime a dozen compared to awesome JRPG's, which is why XCX is the better game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@mesome713 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@mesome713: You keep saying that, yet you still haven't played it. Keep dreaming because Xenoblade X still has issue of it's own as well

So in other words, you still haven't played it! Game has been fixed, I enjoyed it despite the bugs and in the end all games have bugs, including Nintendo games

Loading Video...

Nintendo games are never that bad, not even close. Nintendo also never releases Definitive Edition since they had to fix so much. The Witcher 3 Definitive Edition coming soon, just like always, after they finish patching it of course, i hear they still have a while trying to fix everything. Hopefully they fix it all this year though.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17826 Posts

i would still give the nod to the witcher 3 but its really close.

X certainly does exploration better but the world feels very static. still wonderful though. i think they tried to breathe some life into mira with the behaviour of some enemies and it was a great idea...they just didnt go far enough with it. the world in witcher 3 is full of life and culture and history. mira has a story to tell itself but i dont think the devs will really explore it (still plenty of affinity missions to do so you never know :P).

they are both very good at encouraging players to explore but X would be better. when you are first exploring, learning to get around enemies and finding all these new places is fantastic.

mechancially X is a better game but witcher 3 has better writing, story and characters.

both wonderful games that everyone should play though. we wont see the likes again until cyberpunk 2077 and monolithsofts NX game (im sure its already in the works).

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

I put a total of 10 hours into and dont plan on going back

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@mesome713 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@mesome713 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Loading Video...

Nintendo games are never that bad, not even close. Nintendo also never releases Definitive Edition since they had to fix so much. The Witcher 3 Definitive Edition coming soon, just like always, after they finish patching it of course, i hear they still have a while trying to fix everything. Hopefully they fix it all this year though.

Well, I just proved you wrong then! You can't admit it! No sh!t they will release an Enhanced Edition, who knows it might come to the NX!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@FireEmblem_Man: Lol, i would buy that beast. I already have plans to buy The Witcher 3 though on PC, i just have to make it past April alive.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

XCX is an amazing game, near perfect in my eyes. I still prefer TW3 though, but only just. I also love Tatsu, I love how Lin keeps giving him crap, the jokes you make to his mother. My biggest gripe with XCX is the music, I only like a few songs, the rest I hate, the first game hit 10/10 for every song.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Best RPG of the gen goes to Pillars of Eternity... Without a doubt

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#62  Edited By khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

Nope, nope, nope. It's definitely among the best, but a) it's nowhere close to being as flat out excellent as Witcher 3 and b) considering the amount of great RPGs coming out, I expect it will continue to be outdone.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I'd agree with it. I put in over 300 hours on it and its been a blast! I doubt there will be another game as good as it in a long time.

freezamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By freezamite
Member since 2014 • 62 Posts
@aigis said:
@freezamite said:
@aigis said:
@freezamite said:

@Aigis said: I dont know what you find to be essential then (especially in a RPG)... And those are the aspects XCX really tanked in

I don't think you can say XCX tanked in those departments (it has some really interesting sidequests and in terms of the main plot I think it's better than the simple "looking for Ciri" story in TW3), but what defines a game is the gameplay first and foremost, regardless of the genre.

Sure I can and there are people that agree with me. To look over the areas the Xenoblade failed and chalking them up to non-essential aspects is absurd. Story and characters are a large part of rpgs (and jrpgs specifically) seeing as the world is only as cool to explore as you are invested in it.

Well, I didn't need any good story to want to explore Mario 64's stages. If a world is well designed I don't think that the story or the character's are a comparable factor. In other words, if we were speaking of books instead of games I wouldn't compare the book structure (if it's linear or if it isn't) to the core quality of the writing.

A game can be fine without a good story, but it cant be "the best of the generation"

Of course it can. That's like saying "a book can be fine without a good cover, but it can't be 'the best of the generation".

Xenoblade X has its problems (for example, some features lack a bit of polish, like the way you pick your party partners from the map) but it's still a much better designed game than its competition (at this moment, Witcher 3 and Fallout 4).

@KratosYOLOSwag said: It doesn't have the best gameplay in a world where Bloodborne exists.

Since they're so different when it comes to gameplay you can't compare them directly, but I would say that both games are pretty good. None of them is "broken" in the sense that the gameplay can be exploded in your favor, and both of them are pretty good at what they try to achieve.

@khoofia_pika said: Nope, nope, nope. It's definitely among the best, but a) it's nowhere close to being as flat out excellent as Witcher 3

As flat out excellent as a game with a broken gameplay design? The Witcher 3 is good (playable enough, well designed enough) but there are dozens of better games (unless you put the "narrative" aspects of a game at the same level than the playability, but that's like putting a book's cover at the same level than its contents) out there.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#65  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@freezamite said:
@aigis said:
@freezamite said:
@aigis said:

Sure I can and there are people that agree with me. To look over the areas the Xenoblade failed and chalking them up to non-essential aspects is absurd. Story and characters are a large part of rpgs (and jrpgs specifically) seeing as the world is only as cool to explore as you are invested in it.

Well, I didn't need any good story to want to explore Mario 64's stages. If a world is well designed I don't think that the story or the character's are a comparable factor. In other words, if we were speaking of books instead of games I wouldn't compare the book structure (if it's linear or if it isn't) to the core quality of the writing.

A game can be fine without a good story, but it cant be "the best of the generation"

Of course it can. That's like saying "a book can be fine without a good cover, but it can't be 'the best of the generation".

No its saying a book without a good plot or characters, but it has pretty font is the best book of the generation

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 aigis

@mesome713 said:

Nintendo just doesnt bother fixing it... You cant really compare a Nintendo game to The Witcher though, Nintendo games usually arent as ambitious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@aigis: Thats what Xenoblade Chronicles X is for, its bout flawless.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#68  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'm getting close to the end of the main story. The world is lovingly crafted and packed with all sorts of interesting creatures. This quality and attention to detail doesn't seem to have carried over into the story, which has been really generic and disappointing so far. I hate how affinity missions are shoehorned into the requirements for story missions, especially when the mission has nothing to do with your quest to find the Life Hold. One mission involved finding a guy's cat. I shit you not. There are a ton of annoying characters and rambling dialog. The Manon sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks with annoying speech habits. Tatsu makes me appreciate the hell out of Riki, who was my least favorite character in the first game. I could go on.

I'm hoping for some twist. I DO like the game. Despite my negativity, I do like it. I was hyped as hell for Xenoblade X. It improves on the original in some ways, and disappoints in others. In short, I disagree. XCX isn't the best RPG of this gen so far. I believe that goes to The Witcher 3.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By aigis

@mesome713 said:

Is that why it didnt even land in the top 10 of gamespot's best of 2015 list and called "a long RPG with a thin story and repetitive, lifeless characters."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@aigis: I wouldnt expect it to be. Gamespot can be hit or miss with their opinions.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 aigis

@mesome713: They sure hit a bullseye with this one though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@aigis: If you say so. I say still underrated.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 aigis

@mesome713: I think its overrated because its a wii u exclusive tbh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@aigis: Yeah, i feel you, thats how i feel with The Witcher, like, what else they gonna play? Fallout 4?

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By aigis

@mesome713: I think if something is an exclusive (any console, but wii u especially) it gets a bump in hype. Games like Witcher that are multi-platform kinda have to earn their praise a little more. There were other game they could be playing

freezamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By freezamite
Member since 2014 • 62 Posts

@aigis said:
@freezamite said:
@aigis said:
@freezamite said:
@aigis said:

No its saying a book without a good plot or characters, but it has pretty font is the best book of the generation

So you're saying that the GAMEPLAY of a GAME is like the font of a book XD

Look man, a book is meant to be read, a game is meant to be PLAYED. What's important in a book is the story it explains, in a game what's important is how well designed its gameplay is. Were videogames designed with the aim to explain stories? Only someone whose first console was a Playstation would answer "yes" to that question.

@aigis said: I think its overrated because its a wii u exclusive tbh

Of course, at the end you think that the gameplay is as important as the font used for the text. That's the only way someone could put a broken game like The Witcher above Xenoblade X.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@aigis said:
@mesome713 said:

Is that why it didnt even land in the top 10 of gamespot's best of 2015 list and called "a long RPG with a thin story and repetitive, lifeless characters."

Who gives a darn what gamespot thinks? Nobody is here for gs reviews or opinions.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I don't own a Wii U but I was hyped for this game. It could have pushed me over the edge to buy one. It's a shame that it got such a lukewarm reception. The comments about the irritating characters make me want to steer clear. I know how bad that can get in these kind of games and I don't think I want any part of it. This game, Bayonetta2 and Mario Maker tempt me to buy a WiiU but it's still going to take a lot more. Everything else it offers does nothing for me. Come on Nintendo! Give me a reason! Time is running out!

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FireEmblem_Man

@Bigboi500 said:
@aigis said:
@mesome713 said:

Who gives a darn what gamespot thinks? Nobody is here for gs reviews or opinions.

I give a darn!

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By aigis

@freezamite said:
@aigis said:
@freezamite said:
@aigis said:

So you're saying that the GAMEPLAY of a GAME is like the font of a book XD

Look man, a book is meant to be read, a game is meant to be PLAYED. What's important in a book is the story it explains, in a game what's important is how well designed its gameplay is. Were videogames designed with the aim to explain stories? Only someone whose first console was a Playstation would answer "yes" to that question.

My first console was a Nintendo... Anybody who doesnt see that the video game medium has expanded past mindlessness into being able to craft games that can rival novels and film in terms of artistic vision are really just ignorant. A game can be perfectly fine without a great story or characters, but praising a game as the greatest or flawless is really just promoting oversight. If you want to keep video games in the dark ages be my guest

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 aigis

@Bigboi500 said:
@aigis said:
@mesome713 said:

Kinda odd...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@aigis: All games are lacking in something. Some of the greatest masterpieces of all time, lack in story. But they are still to this day, some of the greatest games ever made. If you could imagine an almost perfect game, that game would be Xenoblade Chronicles X. I dont think ive ever seen a game do so much.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#83 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

@aigis said:
@mesome713 said:

@aigis: I wouldnt say that, many reviewers praised Xenoblade X Story, just some didnt like how they told it. Xenoblade X has a very rich story for those who want it.

XCX's strengths where more in the open world and the mech combat, but the story was serviceable at best and the characters... ugghhhhh

Not that Teddie is much better.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mark1974

@Lionheart08 said:

Teddie is the worst! Ruined an otherwise pleasant game. Screw that guy!

Did we really need his commentary during battles too?

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mark1974

I would like to start a petition against all "comic relief" characters. The Japanese do it worse than Jar Jar Binks!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Bigboi500

@aigis said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@aigis said:
@mesome713 said:

Kinda odd...

Not really because gs hasn't had but one or two good reviewers for a long time now, and have outsourced reviews and flat out ignored certain games. Also for a while now they've produced bait-click articles out of desperation, ignored the community, changed the forums against wishes of regulars and other shady things.

The only thing the few remaining posters care about now are other familiars and the entertainment factor of SW.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 aigis

@Lionheart08 said:
@aigis said:
@mesome713 said:

@aigis: I wouldnt say that, many reviewers praised Xenoblade X Story, just some didnt like how they told it. Xenoblade X has a very rich story for those who want it.

XCX's strengths where more in the open world and the mech combat, but the story was serviceable at best and the characters... ugghhhhh

Teddie actually has a character arc, conflict, a voice that doesnt make me mute the tv, and actual humor though

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

The first Xenoblade is better than the new one. The new one is pretty good, but Witcher 3, persona 4 golden beat it. Hell I even like Fallout 4 more than it.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 aigis

@mesome713 said:

@aigis: If you could imagine an almost perfect game, that game would be Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I can imagine near perfect games and XCX doesnt even come close to being perfect. Its an slightly above average game

@mesome713 said:

I dont think ive ever seen a game do so much.

You should try some other games then

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@aigis said:
@mesome713 said:

@aigis: If you could imagine an almost perfect game, that game would be Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I can imagine near perfect games and XCX doesnt even come close to being perfect. Its an slightly above average game

@mesome713 said:

Like what? What comes close to Xenoblade Chronicles X? WoW is the closest thing i know of to it. Above average? Now youve done gone cray cray.

Also, Xenobklade Chronicles X is hardcore, none of that easy jrpg baby stuff.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I really enjoyed the exploration and combat in XCX, but everything else in the game is average or terrible. A lot of its design for questing feels ancient for a game in 2015. Having the "go here kill 7 monsters" is simply unexciting. The story telling is some hot garbage with its overly long and poorly animated cutscenes. Besides Linn and Tatsu, most of the characters are just boring. Even your own created character is lame, he/she barely participates in the story. The game also pulls an Order 1886 and ends the game on what feels like Act 2 of a three Act story. The game doesn't resolve the questions you actually care about, it's all shoehorned in for a sequel or DLC or whatever.

It's not a bad game, but seriously, people need to go play some more video games. You would have to be completely blind or in fanboy world to not see the huge amounts of problems in its design.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#92 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

The Witcher 3 is the gold standard. 10/10 GOTY

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By aigis

@mesome713 said:
@aigis said:
@mesome713 said:

@mesome713 said:

Like what? What comes close to Xenoblade Chronicles X? WoW is the closest thing i know of to it. Above average? Now youve done gone cray cray.

Also, Xenobklade Chronicles X is hardcore, none of that easy jrpg baby stuff.

Its above average in scale, story and character are major parts of any rpg and it fails in that regard. Its not a bad game, but it isnt close to perfection like you claim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@JangoWuzHere said:

I really enjoyed the exploration and combat in XCX, but everything else in the game is average or terrible. A lot of its design for questing feels ancient for a game in 2015. Having the "go here kill 7 monsters" is simply unexciting. The story telling is some hot garbage with its overly long and poorly animated cutscenes. Besides Linn and Tatsu, most of the characters are just boring. Even your own created character is lame, he/she barely participates in the story. The game also pulls an Order 1886 and ends the game on what feels like Act 2 of a three Act story. The game doesn't resolve the questions you actually care about, it's all shoehorned in for a sequel or DLC or whatever.

It's not a bad game, but seriously, people need to go play some more video games. You would have to be completely blind or in fanboy world to not see the huge amounts of problems in its design.

Funny you enjoyed Lin and Tatsu, the majority of people who complain about the characters complain about those two. Also funny you think its questing design feels ancient considering majority have praised the game for its ability to quickly navigate between questing using the on the fly transportation system via the Gamepad.

@aigis: Its scale is unmatched.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Here's what i think of this game, it came out on the wrong platform. The only thing this game showcases is the limitations of the WiiU. This game should've been a launch title of the NX. Also, why wasn't this an mmo? If its THIS big and has THIS MUCH grind, doesn't it suits the mmo formula? I think it does. Personally, i think that the only reason why this isn't an mmo is because the WiiU had shit online infrastructure and isn't powerful enough to render more than 3 other players on screen... Flawed gem is a good way of describing this game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Bigboi500

@silversix_ said:

Here's what i think of this game, it came out on the wrong platform. The only thing this game showcases is the limitations of the WiiU. This game should've been a launch title of the NX. Also, why wasn't this an mmo? If its THIS big and has THIS MUCH grind, doesn't it suits the mmo formula? I think it does. Personally, i think that the only reason why this isn't an mmo is because the WiiU had shit online infrastructure and isn't powerful enough to render more than 3 other players on screen... Flawed gem is a good way of describing this game.

As usual, you're way off base when discussing a Nintendo game. Either a) get Nintendo systems so you're educated about them or b) stop making yourself look ridiculous by not talking about Nintendo games in the future. There's also option c) continue being the village idiot by not changing.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#97 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@aigis: I wouldnt expect it to be. Gamespot can be hit or miss with their opinions.

We can all say that about anyone we agree/disagree with though.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#98 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@aigis: You might have better luck debating with a Reaper husk.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By aigis

@mesome713 said:

@aigis: Its scale is unmatched.

Just Cause 2? FFXV?

aigis