Xbox One vs Playstation 4, the Ultimate Comparison Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] Charizard has been brainwahsed by the No game SW logic. That 3 years ago was completely different.]Jakandsigz

are you still crying about fanboy logic?

Seems like I hit a nerve because for some reason to you I am "crying" for some reason.

idk, you just keep complaining about "no games" and "SW logic"

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

rofl ps3 and xbox had the same power, while ps3 had better cpu it was difficult to program for, but 360 had better gpu, this gen they have the almost identical architechture so the difference will be based solely on power. Have fun playing games at 20 fps on your underpowered console.

ManatuBeard

unless the design it for the lowest common denominator and cap it at 30 fps and then simply port it to the PS4, also capped

I dont mind 30fps, and if the PS4 is capped at 30fps i will have less framedrops than the X1 version and can have a better AA solution or better visual effects.

or so you hope

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#53 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

they will, just look this gen and compare exclusives and games. Ps3 had a lot more exclusives and better scores.

RR360DD

Yep, in the long run the PS3 was undoubtedly the better machine to own. I want to see if Microsoft will do what they always do, support the system very well for the first three years and then ditch it and leave it to third parties, or if they will actually try and be competitive with Sony and Nintendo for the full haul.

:lol: Implying nintendo is a competitior

Yes they are :lol:
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Yep, still showing PS4 as stronger and cheaper. With less launch games though. Still a better buy.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Which is funny because cows have downplayed the differences all gen

'bu bu its just an extra few pixels :cry:'

or

'bu bu who cares if it has extra grass :cry:'

LOL

I think I'll pick the console that will have superior multiplats due to Kinect, Cloud and Smartglass innovations, not to mention that perfect controller.

lostrib

rofl ps3 and xbox had the same power, while ps3 had better cpu it was difficult to program for, but 360 had better gpu, this gen they have the almost identical architechture so the difference will be based solely on power. Have fun playing games at 20 fps on your underpowered console.

unless the design it for the lowest common denominator and cap it at 30 fps and then simply port it to the PS4, also capped

it will still run better, with the limitations of consoles the lowest common denominator will suffer fps drops, loading times and texture pop ups.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

Nobody buys a console for exclusives only at launch, so the PS4 is the way to go, some good exclusive games, and the best console for multiplats (because of the extra power).

Krelian-co

or

LOL

I think I'll pick the console that will have superior multiplats due to Kinect, Cloud and Smartglass innovations, not to mention that perfect controller.

hate to burst your bubble, but publishers will keep games the same across consoles :( Any difference will be negligible

Also LOLno, I don't think any decent dev will release a game at sub-30fps

Come on, you can do better than that! Try harder, you gotta justify dat PS4 purchase :lol:

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
X1 wins.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

Nobody buys a console for exclusives only at launch, so the PS4 is the way to go, some good exclusive games, and the best console for multiplats (because of the extra power).

faizan_faizan

We don't know this. The PS3 was more powerful than the Xbox 360, but the 360 almost always had the better multiplats.

The power difference wasn't a substantial one, unlike the PS4-One difference, on second thought, the X360 had advantages of it's own; the Unified Shader Architecture, Unified RAM etc, in contrast, it seems that the One has no hardware advantages over PS4.

talk to any sheen and the power difference between the ps3 and 360 was grand canyon sized the only reason to sheens that the ps3 got worse multplats was lazy devs.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

it will still run better, with the limitations of consoles the lowest common denominator will suffer fps drops, loading times and texture pop ups.

seems to be what sony fanboys are hoping for

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
One's games look much more appealing.
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

or

LOL

RR360DD

hate to burst your bubble, but publishers will keep games the same across consoles :( Any difference will be negligible

Come on, you can do better than that! Try harder, you gotta justify dat PS4 purchase :lol:

100$ less, no mandatory kinect, replaceable HDD and better hardware is more than enough to justify it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
PS4 is better.SaltyMeatballs
Indeed.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

Hardware wise its a no brainer. PS4. Ram, GPU, PRICE.

Online features seem VERY much the same = TIE.

launch exclusives = Xbox one.

The thing is that we aren't buying the systems for their launch titles lol. We all know how 360 turned out with it lack of support later down the stretch. So im assuming PS4 will be like PS3.

I'll choose PS4. 

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] We don't know this. The PS3 was more powerful than the Xbox 360, but the 360 almost always had the better multiplats.WilliamRLBaker

The power difference wasn't a substantial one, unlike the PS4-One difference, on second thought, the X360 had advantages of it's own; the Unified Shader Architecture, Unified RAM etc, in contrast, it seems that the One has no hardware advantages over PS4.

talk to any sheen and the power difference between the ps3 and 360 was grand canyon sized the only reason to sheens that the ps3 got worse multplats was lazy devs.

Who are these "sheens" you speak of?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

ManatuBeard

100$ less, no mandatory kinect, replaceable HDD and better hardware is more than enough to justify it.

No Kinect is a negative. Inferior Online. Inferior controller. keep trying :lol:

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

You left out X1's exclusive deal of getting COD DLC first!

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

or

LOL

RR360DD

the differences will be negligible is all you can say nowdays, looks like someone is going for draw in hardware sadly reality is different :(

Enjoy your fps drops, loading times, streaming problems, and texture pop ups.

Also i dont have to justify anything i will most probably be playing them flawless on my pc while you have to beg for games to run decently in the worst system of the three.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts
Was all in PS4s favor until the last two boxes. So Xbox One for me.HadOne2Many
Have no doubt, the games will come for PS4.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

No Kinect is a negative. Inferior Online. Inferior controller. keep trying :lol:

hows the controller inferior? or inferior online? thats beyond pathetic lol. The consoles aren't even out. you're arguments are horrible .
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

X1 really doesn't have bluetooth?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Chutebox
I don't think any Xbox has ever had Bluetooth.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

the differences will be negligible is all you can say nowdays, looks like someone is going for draw in hardware sadly reality is different :(

Also i dont have to justify anything i will most probably be playing them flawless on my pc while you have to beg for games to run decently in the worst system of the three.

Hows that GTAV petition going? :lol:
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

Not everyone likes gimmicks, online is for MP only, i play mostly SP and i like both controllers (360/ps3). Since i play mostly strategy games and rpg the touchpad is heaven-sent! Scrolling inventories in game no longer will be a pain with the d-pad, and moving units in turn based strategy games will be a lot easier!

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

:lol: Kinect is a negative if you're a real gamer, but for casuals like you it's indeed a positive. It's also reported by various game journalists that PS4 controller > Xbone controller And everyody know PS+ >>> Live Keep on grasping for straws though it's hilarious ;lol;
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

Thread title: "Xbox One vs Playstation 4, the Ultimate Comparison Thread" Post: "Hows that GTAV petition going?" I don't even... :|
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

or

LOL

RR360DD

No one can know, at this time, which will be the differences on multiplat titles.

We only know about the hardware differences and the structure similarities. Going beyond that is pure guessing.

I'm still betting that the hardware of either machine won't be maxed out if production costs don't plummet or they at least find a way to increase profitability.

In a few words, I'm saying that, this time, the real bottleneck can be dev budgets, and not hardware.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Is it confirmed that Xbox One doesn't support bluetooth?

double_a73
No, but it's not confirmed that it does either.
xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

Kinect is not a negative, it's a plus that everyone will have a Kinect. Developers won't have to worry about a feature not being used in a game. Every PS4 owner won't have a Move so it segrigates the community. There won't be tons of Kinect games that will wow anyone but there will be some features in normal games that Kinect will utilize that will be great!

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

Ribnarak

hows the controller inferior? or inferior online? thats beyond pathetic lol. The consoles aren't even out. you're arguments are horrible .

Still not as ergonomic as the XOnes. Its bogged down with useless gimmicks unlike the XOne which has useful innovations like HD rumble and a low-state mode.

Inferior online? Come on, its a no brainer lmao Sony bragging about FINALLY having party chat on a console just shows how behind they are :lol: YAY PS4 can do with the 360 has been for years

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lostrib

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

Suppaman100

:lol: Kinect is a negative if you're a real gamer, but for casuals like you it's indeed a positive. It's also reported by various game journalists that PS4 controller > Xbone controller And everyody know PS+ >>> Live Keep on grasping for straws though it's hilarious ;lol;

lol "real gamer"

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

Xbone, USB port king

blue_hazy_basic

TCHBO!

correction

TCHBFR

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

charizard1605

I know 360 didn't, but I thought X1 would for sure.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

don't know, not too worried about it, but dont worry for me, i will play it anyway in either system so nice argument. Too bad i will not be able to play with with all the goodies a game like that deserves, just like gta iv in pc. Any other dumb reply you want to come up with?

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Chutebox

This automatically makes the WiiU more of a next gen console than the XBO :lol:

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
I thought you can have unlimited friend now on XBL?
double_a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 double_a73
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

charizard1605

That is true, but come on its 2013; bluetooth is pratically old tech these days. That and the friggin rechargable batteries for controllers.  Why they felt the need to leave those two features out I will ever understand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
I thought you can have unlimited friend now on XBL?rjdofu
I mean, to be fair, 1000 is practically unlimited. PS4 is just twice as unlimited :P
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
I thought you can have unlimited friend now on XBL?rjdofu
360 xbl not xb1 xbox live
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

SambaLele

No one can know, at this time, which will be the differences on multiplat titles.

We only know about the hardware differences and the structure similarities. Going beyond that is pure guessing.

I'm still betting that the hardware of either machine won't be maxed out if production costs don't plummet or they at least find a way to increase profitability.

In a few words, I'm saying that, this time, the real bottleneck can be dev budgets, and not hardware.

I imagine it'll be the exclusives that show off the systems power, so no doubt Playstations will be better looking again (from naughty god, santa monica) but for everything else it'll just be down to preference. So XOne for the better online and controller, plus possible Kinect and Cloud features :cool:

Just a pity Sony are so hell bent on letting indies carry the PS4. They'll never be a match for AAA games when it comes to graphics and presentation.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 rjdofu

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

lostrib

lol "real gamer"

ikr? Those who use the "real gamer" card are full of shit.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
I'm already buying both, dammit
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 rjdofu
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]I thought you can have unlimited friend now on XBL?charizard1605
I mean, to be fair, 1000 is practically unlimited. PS4 is just twice as unlimited :P

lol yeah, not like I will ever have that much, it'd be a chore to manage all those "friends"
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"] :lol: Kinect is a negative if you're a real gamer, but for casuals like you it's indeed a positive. It's also reported by various game journalists that PS4 controller > Xbone controller And everyody know PS+ >>> Live Keep on grasping for straws though it's hilarious ;lol;rjdofu

lol "real gamer"

ikr? Those who use the "real gamer" card are full of shit.

i bet they're "hardcore" too

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 RR360DD

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Cheleman

Why becaue Sony is sticking with last gen bluetooth?lmao

wifi direct >>>> bluetooth

http://www.pcworld.com/article/208778/Wi_Fi_Direct_vs_Bluetooth_4_0_A_Battle_for_Supremacy.html

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#96 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

PS4 still looks better simply cause of the price.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
Chaz, which one are you getting?
ayoox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ayoox1
Member since 2010 • 197 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

RR360DD

Why becaue Sony is sticking with last gen bluetooth?lmao

wifi direct >>>> bluetooth

http://www.pcworld.com/article/208778/Wi_Fi_Direct_vs_Bluetooth_4_0_A_Battle_for_Supremacy.html

wow i thought xbox one had bluetooth? that quite ridicolous that it dont have it.. i really thought xbox one had bluetooth..? i still love microsoft but theyre "500 dollar value all in one, all you can get, great value" quote starting to not be true anymore if they miss out on something simple like bluetooth.. i mean i guess i cope without bluetooth but i have bluetooth headset that quite good and now i cant use it on xbox one?

it okay because Microsoft and Xbox one much better then sony playcrapstation 4 :lol: 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Chaz, which one are you getting?TheDidact
PS4. Much cheaper, assured support in the long run, more Japanese support than Xbox One, and I like Sony's first party more than Microsoft's. I might get Wii U before any of them though, if Sonic and Donkey Kong and Wonderful 101 turn out to be any good :P
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#100 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

The X1 chart is missing LocoCycle as a launch exclusive