Xbox one to support mods.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Ps3 also supported mods, look at UT3. Think that was the only game that supported mods on the ps3, it dosn't realy mean anything if it supports them. 

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#252 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46281 Posts

i never did modding, and i rarely downloaded mods for games, but lets say skyrim 3 allowed for mods...   how would it be implemented on Xbox One?   Lets pretend xbox one supports mods and its actually implemented like it is on PC.   Would i download the patch???    someone who knows about mods please explain to me?   and who would create them?

XBOunity

From what I understand, everyone who buys and Xbone can use it as a devkit. So anyone interested in modding games could do so, if the developers also provide mod tools. If not, you could still mod a game but it would be way harder to do.

They could implement a system like steam workshop whereby you can simply subscribe and unsubscribe to mods and the system will automatically download the files and keep them up to date.

I've never seen any developer provide mod tools on console though. I think UT3 on PS3, which is the only console game I've seen that was moddable, only had mod tools on PC and then you could simply copy those mods from PC to PS3.

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#253 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

It doesnt matter whether it does support mods or not, Xbox One is the console to own next generation!

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
You mean like PC always has?
Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
So like a Bethesda game could share mods from the pc version maybe, the third post said something about creating anime as zombies for dead rising 3? Yeah right, you can't use 3ds max with a controller moron. Jesus this place is full of rumor BS.
krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts

I thought mods were bad? Isn't that what peasants say because they have no access to them they must be bad...

Right, guys?

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

I thought mods were bad? Isn't that what peasants say because they have no access to them they must be bad...

Right, guys?

krisroe_213
We were already discussing that.
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Don't see this happening. Unless there is a fee involved in the process, I don't see how Microsoft could profit from allowing this.