Xbox one or PS4 for online gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarthAndroide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarthAndroide
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi there,

At the moment, wich platform has the best online gaming experience?

I'm not concerned about the gaming resolution, only on the online experience.

So far, some ppl that I know say that PSN is a bit laggy while others say it's not that bad. For a long time, Microsoft dominated the Online experience (i.e. xbox 360 vs ps3) but how about now?

Does the XBOX One has better online experience than the PS4?

Thank you for your help and time.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I'd say the xbox online infrastructure is better then Sony's though Sony has caught up a bit over last generation. I'd still hand it to the xbox one for online functions and they offer dedicated servers companies publishing titles on their box. Kicker is though they have to pay rent or a fee on them. So games like Call of duty even with all their billions still don't use dedicated servers but rather someones xbox as the host.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

Go back to Dec 2014 and read the forums.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

Xbox One without question. I've got both and would play on XBL over PSN any day of the week.

DarthAndroide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarthAndroide

@spitfire-six: how rude...It's a simple question. If you don't want to help just don't say anything. If you do, post a link about it.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

psn is down almost every week

supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Xbox One without question. I've got both and would play on XBL over PSN any day of the week.

This.

The morons that don't have both and like to think they know cant honestly and informatively comment.

You need both to do that obviously.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@darthandroide: It is better to teach you how to research common topics on message boards than to give you a simple opinion. By reading and collecting information and accounts you will be able to make an informed decision. This is internet forum 101, if you are indeed searching for the true answer going back to a time where there was a high volume of use and seeing what the gamers had to say will give you some indication of the abilities of each structure. If you are however after a simple flame ware topic there are better choices. Furthermore, you need 500 post to make a thread in system wars so with that ....ib4l.

DarthAndroide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarthAndroide

@ribstaylor1and @SuddenlyTragic Thank you for both your feedbacks. I'll keep this in mind.

@mems_1224 That's true, but sadly the problems weren't entirely PS fault. Those DDOS attacks really messed up both systems. Thanks tough :)

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@darthandroide said:

@ribstaylor1and @SuddenlyTragic Thank you for both your feedbacks. I'll keep this in mind.

@mems_1224 That's true, but sadly the problems weren't entirely PS fault. Those DDOS attacks really messed up both systems. Thanks tough :)

i mean, xbl got hit too and it was up within 24 hours. it took psn almost 2 weeks

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@spitfire-six: nobody got time for that

explains the redundancy here

DarthAndroide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarthAndroide

@spitfire-six: Not trying to flame anything, just want a simple opinion and if this goes too far I'll just close it. Not here for an argue, only for opinions from the comunity.

I didn't find any topics related to this, sorry but I didn't...that's why I decided to post something and ask for help.

I don't spend my time on forums and I don't follow any.

I just need some opinions and that's all :) Feel free to give me yours if you want, I'd be most apreciated. PM me if you don't want to post it around here.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

XBL for sure, and its not even close.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Lol, XBL easily

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darkangel115

@mems_1224 said:

@darthandroide said:

i mean, xbl got hit too and it was up within 24 hours. it took psn almost 2 weeks

it was more like a week, not 2 weeks, but yeah

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I guess you like playing and communicating online when gaming so let's focus with what's in the box. The PS4 comes with this flimsy mono ear piece, I think you will need a better one to get better chat quality. The Xbox One comes a real headset which is more clear and have better control options. So that's one factor that makes one online experience better than the other.

DarthAndroide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DarthAndroide

@gago-gago: You got that right, I really like playing online. My focus here is not on the "external" gear but on the system itself. I have my own headsets from turtlebeach :) I wouldn't be needing those. What I'm trying to figure out is, wich one is better to play. Less lag problems, stable connection and so on :)

Anyway I appreciate your answer and if I didn't have my own headsets that would be a plus.

Seeing the threads above, people really think XB is the best choice...

I'll try to collect a few more answers to make up my mind.

Thank you for all your answers.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I have both, XBL without question.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

lolpsn

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

PC.

@darthandroide said:

Hi there,

So far, some ppl that I know say that PSN is a bit laggy while others say it's not that bad. For a long time, Microsoft dominated the Online experience (i.e. xbox 360 vs ps3) but how about now?

If we just ignore PC well I'll tell you what I have experienced. Many games like COD and Battlefield are exactly the same. Other online games like Killzone, Doki Doki, Titanfall, Injustice, and Killer Instinct are about the same to me. Halo Master Chief was terrible, but I blame the game and not Xbox Live.

With regards to lag? My experience is they are the same. No difference. Not even Xbox or Playstation advertise they are lag free or have better online than the others.

I have owned them all since launch and nary a hiccup other than when the services go down for maintainance/hacker kids. I would say that Xbox has a slight edge in getting back up faster in that regard, but it's nothing to brag about. A year is 365 days and I experience happiness 363 days a year it seems.

BTW: This is the worst place to ask. If you are a Playstation fanboy, you say PS, if you are an Xbox fanboy you say Xbox. All you are really asking with this thread is what system do you like better? That's what every thread means in SW.

Here's my collection of systems in case you wonder where I stand:

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#21 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

PC. It's free and you get dedicated servers. Worship the glorious PC master race!

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Xbox Live for online gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Definitely XBOX Live. It's more stable.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkangel115

@SolidTy said:

PC.

@darthandroide said:

Hi there,

If we just ignore PC well I'll tell you what I have experienced. Many games like COD and Battlefield are exactly the same. Other online games like Killzone, Doki Doki, Titanfall, Injustice, and Killer Instinct are about the same to me. Halo Master Chief was terrible, but I blame the game and not Xbox Live.

With regards to lag? My experience is they are the same. No difference. Not even Xbox or Playstation advertise they are lag free or have better online than the others.

I have owned them all since launch and nary a hiccup other than when the services go down for maintainance/hacker kids. I would say that Xbox has a slight edge in getting back up faster in that regard, but it's nothing to brag about. A year is 365 days and I experience happiness 363 days a year it seems.

BTW: This is the worst place to ask. If you are a Playstation fanboy, you say PS, if you are an Xbox fanboy you say Xbox. All you are really asking with this thread is what system do you like better? That's what every thread means in SW.

Well I have both, as you already know.

As far as the lag goes. games like CoD, BF4 etc will be the same. but games like titanfall, sunset overdrive, forza, even the halo 5 beta are leaps and bounds above anything PS4 has to offer online. all the MS exclusives use dedicated servers, none of the sony ones do except driveclub, but they are as bad as EA servers, that's why we don't have a plus version yet. There is also downtime which XBL has less of. Mainly the party system for the PS4 is garbage. I mean flat out garbage. its worse then the 360. and every time there is an issue you get notification spam which on some games (TLOU) covers up the mini-map. its a weird place for notifications. The XBL party system since last month's update has been flawless. no issues at all. the PSN party system is just a hassle, not to mention the poor quality of it and game chat on PSN. IDK how you can say titanfall has about the same lag as CoD, BF4, KZ etc. it runs like a dream compared to the other games.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Xbox Live by far.

Sony's online service has improved since last gen, but Xbox Live is still unquestionably the best online service.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SolidTy

@darkangel115 said:

@SolidTy said:

PC.

@darthandroide said:

Hi there,

As far as the lag goes. games like CoD, BF4 etc will be the same. but games like titanfall, sunset overdrive, forza, even the halo 5 beta are leaps and bounds above anything PS4 has to offer online. all the MS exclusives use dedicated servers, none of the sony ones do except driveclub, but they are as bad as EA servers, that's why we don't have a plus version yet. There is also downtime which XBL has less of. Mainly the party system for the PS4 is garbage. I mean flat out garbage. its worse then the 360. and every time there is an issue you get notification spam which on some games (TLOU) covers up the mini-map. its a weird place for notifications. The XBL party system since last month's update has been flawless. no issues at all. the PSN party system is just a hassle, not to mention the poor quality of it and game chat on PSN. IDK how you can say titanfall has about the same lag as CoD, BF4, KZ etc. it runs like a dream compared to the other games.

Anecdotes and well, we beg to differ?

BTW, I don't know you have both, but I assume you do. I thought you said you don't have PS+?

Either way...I said my piece and you said yours?

In the end, a thread like this is really:

Which system do you like better? Fanboys answer. I said the same. I could have said PSN or XBL, but In my experiences they are fairly equal. TF did run good, but so did TLOU or Killzone. Meh.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

the problem with PSN is not lag, I mean, you play the multiplat games on the same fucking servers as the Xbone for god's sake. The problem with PSN is that it goes down very often.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

cant say I've played an multiplayer game on PS4. Just Infamous SS and rented KZ for the campaign. So I cant grade it really. X1 I played Titanfall a bit and it was really fun and no problems whatsoever. MCC had issues at first but by about 10 or so days after release I was able to get in matches with little trouble. I played it 2 weekends back and it works fine. Forza Horizon2 worked excellent racing friends from the Army.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

500 post bru

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SolidTy:

Great pic, but come on bro. We all know owning everything doesn't erase favoritism.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@darthandroide said:

Yeah, and in all honesty, PSN still feels like its free. Every console generation I've owned both systems - PS2 and Xbox, PS3 and 360, and Now PS4 and XB1. PSN has always been so far behind XBL and I really don't see that big of a change this gen. It might be a little more stable now but it still seems so bare-bones in comparison to Xbox Live and the functionality just isn't there. I really have no idea why it costs as much as Xbox Live when Live is so much better. But seriously man, if you're debating which console to get due to online play, look no further than the Xbox One. Not only that, the Xbox's controller is better for online shooters (just an "opinion," but an extremely popular one at that) and there are better online shooters - Titanfall, Halo, soon to be Gears, and whatever else may come out. All the PS4 has is Killzone and that was garbage from the start - I highly doubt anyone is still even playing it. And I see no upcoming exclusive Playstation shooters on the horizon so yeah, Xbox.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SolidTy
@SolidTy said:

PC.

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy:

Great pic, but come on bro. We all know owning everything doesn't erase favoritism.

No, it doesn't, nor was that the intent...but what a picture does do for the new TC is separate the sad fanboys that ride their plastic gaming sybian nightly and scream their answers as fact with the rest of us multiconsole owners.

Thanks for the shoutout of the pic. :P

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darkangel115

@SolidTy said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SolidTy said:

PC.

@darthandroide said:

Hi there,

BTW, I don't know you have both, but I assume you do. I thought you said you don't have PS+?

Which system do you like better? Fanboys answer. I said the same. I could have said PSN or XBL, but In my experiences they are fairly equal. TF did run good, but so did TLOU or Killzone. Meh.

I do have PSN+, I got it some time ago. I didn't have it launch year right away because nothing to play online, but I got it late last year when i picked up TLOUR. I posted proof of both already.

I agree with the "fanboys will say their system of choice" statement. I just don't see how you can say they both are the same when the PS4 party system is terrible, it has more downtime, and some games (like titanfall or sunset overdrive) run on dedicated servers which do make a big difference. If all you play is CoD with random players and not using party chat, then yeah they are pretty much the same. TLOUR runs like trash lag central, bad hit detection, teleporting enemies, just overall runs like trash. Compare TLOUR to Titanfall and its really no contest which runs better, and its not even opinion.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidTy

@darkangel115 said:

@SolidTy said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SolidTy said:

PC.

@darthandroide said:

Hi there,

I do have PSN+, I got it some time ago. I didn't have it launch year right away because nothing to play online, but I got it late last year when i picked up TLOUR. I posted proof of both already.

I agree with the "fanboys will say their system of choice" statement. I just don't see how you can say they both are the same when the PS4 party system is terrible, it has more downtime, and some games (like titanfall or sunset overdrive) run on dedicated servers which do make a big difference. If all you play is CoD with random players and not using party chat, then yeah they are pretty much the same. TLOUR runs like trash lag central, bad hit detection, teleporting enemies, just overall runs like trash. Compare TLOUR to Titanfall and its really no contest which runs better, and its not even opinion.

That's what I'm saying. I've been in parties and I haven't had problems with the Party system on PSN. Actually, I had major problems with XBL Xbone party chat from launch until recently when talking party chat. However, to each their own.

Like I said, it's a thread where you can post your experiences. I posted mine, feel free to post yours, but no sense in arguing experiences. We both experienced what we experienced, although granted I have been on PS+ longer.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I don't have a PS4 yet, but I like Xbox One's online just fine. Between the Xbox 360 and PS3 the Xbox 360 won hands down for a number of reasons, but most importantly though the Xbox 360 experience was superior in large part to the function of the party chat. Getting into friends' games is significantly easier due to party chat in large part is because there's never a severed line in communication between party members. Without it the only way to communicate is in the game lobby, and team chat, or through tedious text messaging. This is problematic though for any number of reasons, such as friends ending up on opposite teams, or the game not loading for a particular member, and then needing to go into lengthy sessions of sending text messages mid-online match to remedy the issue. Now that the PS4 has party chat though, I think the differences between MS and Sony's services have largely narrowed.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Every one will have difference experiences but one thing for sure is the fact that Xbox Live have been around longer than PSN. Xbox Live is almost a half a decade ahead in advancement and experience over PSN. PSN isn't even a decade old yet but kudos to them for trying to catch up to Xbox Live which is the standard for online gaming and services on consoles. Both offer free trials for their subscriptions but be aware that you could only use a PS+ trial once while you could use unlimited free trials for Gold. You already stated that people you know said PSN is laggy but even without using their experiences, the fact Microsoft have a dedicated team with more experience with online gaming with Xbox Live gives them the edge.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@darthandroide: Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, you need at least 500 posts before creating a topic in System Wars. Also, this question has been routinely asked and debated and I would encourage you to use the search function to research this topic and its replies further. Thank you.