XBOX ONE does degrade your TV's picture!!!

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts

I did not see any difference. I am pretty sure it is passthrough hdmi. Maybe you have faulty cables.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Like I said all along,just use your TVs picture in picture for the exact same feature.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

Do we have any comparison pictures/video to show this?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Just wait.....For the patch.

This gen's console slogan.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#55 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Mr_Ditters said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@Mr_Ditters said:

@IFBB-PRO said:

@AM-Gamer: because lot of my friends own Xbox One. Plus I'm not one of those people that care if game on one system looks slightly better. If you need to pause and find the difference then it's not a issues for me.

The trick is to convert them. Little by little. Lead them to the PS4 and get them out of the microsoft fanboy religion. Then after you break that fixation, you gradually lead them over to PC and introduce them to Steam. They will thank you for changing their life.

You just sound like a really messed up cult that believes liking X1 means you are a member of the "MS Religion". You can't convert someone out of a personal preference.

If it really was just a matter of personal preference then everything would be fine, but fanboyism goes far beyond that. It involves a deeply personal investment in a product--a toy--that somehow links your feelings of self-worth with a gaming device. The feelings are so powerful that it leads to a denial of reality. You can see plenty of fanboys posting here that are incomplete denial of things that are in front of their face in the broad daylight because for some screwup up reason, their ego can't handle the truth.

Its really is a weird psychological phenomenon--just weird. People are like that about iphones too.

agree completely. But that means converting people to PC makes the converter emotionally attached to PC needing others to join and validate his preference. You could just live and let live, and play where they want without putting down the difference.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

@silversix_ said:

great post and i don't see many of these since this fucking alt acc spam

@kuu2 said:

loving mine and it is revolutionary.

dat 720p revolution in 2013 though

LOL that cows think that 1080p is any better. Lets all argue about outdated tech! PC's have been outputting a higher res for a while now, with 4k coming in its sad to think no console games will ever even use it.

4k wont be standard for a little while, 1080p is

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

IF you use a HDMI switcher (like the Xbone is), you have to use a higher grade (gauge) HDMI cables. Instead of using the 28gauge cables on Monoprice that sell for $2.50, buy the 24gauge one for $5.50. Problem solved.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

It also degrades your sound.

I set up my little brother's One 2 days ago. He has a surround sound SoundBar that I bought him last Christmas which has a left, center and right channel speaker array. When I set his HDMI passthrough to go DirecTV --> One --> TV, we immediately noticed the volume wasn't as loud when watching TV but couldn't figure out why. Then I remembered the One's HDMI passthrough doesn't support surround sound yet. Only stereo. I put my ear to the Bar and sure enough: no sound coming from the center channel (the loudest of the 3 channels by far). I then opened Netflix on the One and started playback of a movie just for testing purposes...I found that the center channel was there in full volume as expected. So for watching media that originates on the One (Netflix, other native apps, games) surround sound works as you'd expect.

But TV or anything else you pass through the HDMI in, it's a big audio downgrade for anyone that's using a receiver to offer anything better than stereo (2-channel) sound from their cable box or direcTV or whatever. In fact, its passthrough solution as of right now not even a viable option if you enjoy watching TV shows, movies (like HBO), and/or sports in traditional 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. Which sucks because using voice commands to control your TV watching is very cool when it works.

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#59 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Mr_Ditters said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@Mr_Ditters said:

@IFBB-PRO said:

@AM-Gamer: because lot of my friends own Xbox One. Plus I'm not one of those people that care if game on one system looks slightly better. If you need to pause and find the difference then it's not a issues for me.

The trick is to convert them. Little by little. Lead them to the PS4 and get them out of the microsoft fanboy religion. Then after you break that fixation, you gradually lead them over to PC and introduce them to Steam. They will thank you for changing their life.

You just sound like a really messed up cult that believes liking X1 means you are a member of the "MS Religion". You can't convert someone out of a personal preference.

If it really was just a matter of personal preference then everything would be fine, but fanboyism goes far beyond that. It involves a deeply personal investment in a product--a toy--that somehow links your feelings of self-worth with a gaming device. The feelings are so powerful that it leads to a denial of reality. You can see plenty of fanboys posting here that are incomplete denial of things that are in front of their face in the broad daylight because for some screwup up reason, their ego can't handle the truth.

Its really is a weird psychological phenomenon--just weird. People are like that about iphones too.

agree completely. But that means converting people to PC makes the converter emotionally attached to PC needing others to join and validate his preference. You could just live and let live, and play where they want without putting down the difference.

That's not necessarily the case. For example, a friend who thanked me for introducing him to PC gaming and helping him build a rig, just bought a PS4 (just like me). I'm not talking about turning people into zealots, just introducing them to reality and clearing up misconceptions by inviting them over and letting them play a few games and see that there is a whole world outside of Xbox, Xbox, Xbox, Halo, Halo, Halo. Ignorance is not bliss.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#60 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Mr_Ditters: I can understand that. I guess its the people you know. I have known more zealots in the Sony cause than any other in gaming. Its really funny to see the defensiveness when a few of us mention we own and play games on Xbox or Nintendo products as well.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12067 Posts

TC doesn't know how to control his devices and blames it on The One. Have DirecTV and mine works fine.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@kuu2 said:

You should return it.

I am loving mine and it is revolutionary.

720P is new?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

At this point, the PS3, 360 and Wii are a better purchase than either the Boner or the Waitstation.

noodlevixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 noodlevixen
Member since 2010 • 480 Posts

So does the Xbone come with an HDMI cable or do you need to buy one?

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@noodlevixen said:

So does the Xbone come with an HDMI cable or do you need to buy one?

Apparently it comes with one HDMI cable.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Why not just use the X1 to play games and use the Direct T.V box to watch T.V? all you have to do is change the channel, and i can imagine the T.V remove would be close to you anyways.

whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

@shawn30 said:

The install times are longer than expected, especially for COD and BF4. That will improve greatly so no worries. As for the Voice Commands, Im not getting how it only worked for you 60% of the time. Me and three of my pals were talking last night on Skype and we're around 90% of the time. As for Tow of my buds with Comcast say the TV portion looks the same. But if there is a degradation on your set you might want to research and see if there's a fix/option before you declaring it a bust, lol. I'm loving my Xbox One and it is next gen. Saw PS4 at my brother in laws house, I have no interest in anything he was playing and told him it was a ps3.5. Even he agreed, although he expects the system to pick up when more games arrived.

looks at posters avatar... I trust you :roll:

AdjacentLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AdjacentLives
Member since 2009 • 1173 Posts

@PSdual_wielder said:

60% of the time, it works every time. 8)

I'm curious to see if it really does degrade tv quality as you mentioned, maybe ign will put up a video of this in a few days.

I just find the whole concept of being the centerpiece of the living room a bit flawed. Last generation there was the same rage as well coming from all three consoles, which people may or may not remember this. But it was the rise of the mobile gaming and mobile computing markets which nobody saw coming that put a complete stomp onto this trend. Game consoles in the end will be a game console, no need to turn it into something it's not.

IGN's a joke, wait for Digital Foundry to do something about it.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

My Xbox One is connected using Direct TV and I see no difference at all between it being directly connected or pass through the Xbox. Actually the pass through looks a lot better then what it was when I was using my Logitech Google TV.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

i disagree, actually few channels made it look better

I have few hd channels but mostly reg channels. The hd channels i seen NO difference. On the regular channels, it looked better on few channels. and some cases it even removed the black part from the top and bottom!!!

dj1nnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72 dj1nnn
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I also have a degraded picture. First pic is sat box > pioneer avr > tv, second is sat box > xbox > pioneer avr > tv

http://i.imgur.com/nuDv5x1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UVO4soC.jpg

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50677 Posts

@dj1nnn said:

I also have a degraded picture. First pic is sat box > pioneer avr > tv, second is sat box > xbox > pioneer avr > tv

Oh wow, that's horrible

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

xbone degraded from 720p to 600p? Dat balance bro.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

I set up my little brother's One 2 days ago. He has a surround sound SoundBar that I bought him last Christmas which has a left, center and right channel speaker array. When I set his HDMI passthrough to go DirecTV --> One --> TV, we immediately noticed the volume wasn't as loud when watching TV but couldn't figure out why. Then I remembered the One's HDMI passthrough doesn't support surround sound yet. Only stereo. I put my ear to the Bar and sure enough: no sound coming from the center channel (the loudest of the 3 channels by far). I then opened Netflix on the One and started playback of a movie just for testing purposes...I found that the center channel was there in full volume as expected. So for watching media that originates on the One (Netflix, other native apps, games) surround sound works as you'd expect.

But TV or anything else you pass through the HDMI in, it's a big audio downgrade for anyone that's using a receiver to offer anything better than stereo (2-channel) sound from their cable box or direcTV or whatever. In fact, its passthrough solution as of right now not even a viable option if you enjoy watching TV shows, movies (like HBO), and/or sports in traditional 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. Which sucks because using voice commands to control your TV watching is very cool when it works.

There's a setting for DD 5.1 that you have to check in settings. It's in Beta because it doesn't work for every receiver/soundbar. It might be worth a look...it worked on my Panasonic receiver.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Misinformation.....Quality is the same on my TV....maybe you have a faulty X1 or something but I don't think this should be portrayed as the norm.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@kuu2 said:

TC doesn't know how to control his devices and blames it on The One. Have DirecTV and mine works fine.

Same here

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@IFBB-PRO:

It resets your TV presets if you have it recognize your TV. I have a 60" Sharp Aquos Quatron, and only saw that before I reset my TV setting to how I wanted them.

XBL GamerTag: stormierdabear.

EDIT: I have Comcast cable

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

I have Direct TV. I'm going to test it out tonight after I get out of the gym. Personally I don't think it's true but I'll find out for myself tonight.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

I won't be using it for cable pass-through, whether this is accurate or not. I largely use my HTPC.

EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 EnviousEyezOnMe

I have FioS and see no difference. And believe me, I'm a stickler for things like this. My new 60" Panasonic Plasma is pro calibrated..I would see the difference. If I forget to switch from Game Mode when viewing TV then yes, I see things are off. But once I go to my custom settings, all is fine. I even got 5.1 surround to work this afternoon. Panello, said this might not work for everyone, which is why it's in beta but I'm glad it works on my set up and I'm glad they added it because stereo was killing me!

I think people have sh**ty settings or they're forgetting to switch from Game Mode when viewing TV...This will make your picture look bad. It could also be that some cable boxes are all not equal.

IFBB-PRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 IFBB-PRO
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

I have pioneer 1021k receiver as well with 7.1 set up. Sound did degrade big time. I hope Microsoft fixes that sooner then later. TV entertainment part was one of the biggest selling points of Xbox one!

As I said before. When xbox 360 first came out lot of people started to report that they are getting red rings of death. There were a lot of people saying "my works fine, you must of done something for it to get red rings of death". At first people were blaming over heated 360s on users when in reality it was MS who screwed up and admitted the problem later on. Just because everything works fine for you does not mean problem does not exist!!! Fact of the matter is a lot of people do notice picture degradation and along with sound degradation (TheVerge review pointed that out as well). My friend and co workers have the same problem!

If I wanted just to play games i would of just got ps4. I paid extra 100 dollars for xbox one for entertainment purpose. I expect it to work just like MS advertised it would. Sound & picture degradation is a huge deal!

MS had to know that a lot of people have AV receivers with surround sound. I am shocked that surround sound does not work when watching tv. Some things need to work perfect right away if MS expects people to recommend it to others. Even when im playing nba 2k14 (which looks amazing) back speakers sound like crap compared to when I play ps4 games.

It's like buying a phone that drops calls every 2nd or 3rd time and has static sound when you finally are able to call someone. No one would recommend that phone to friends or family!

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

@IFBB-PRO said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

I have pioneer 1021k receiver as well with 7.1 set up. Sound did degrade big time. I hope Microsoft fixes that sooner then later. TV entertainment part was one of the biggest selling points of Xbox one!

As I said before. When xbox 360 first came out lot of people started to report that they are getting red rings of death. There were a lot of people saying "my works fine, you must of done something for it to get red rings of death". At first people were blaming over heated 360s on users when in reality it was MS who screwed up and admitted the problem later on. Just because everything works fine for you does not mean problem does not exist!!! Fact of the matter is a lot of people do notice picture degradation and along with sound degradation (TheVerge review pointed that out as well). My friend and co workers have the same problem!

If I wanted just to play games i would of just got ps4. I paid extra 100 dollars for xbox one for entertainment purpose. I expect it to work just like MS advertised it would. Sound & picture degradation is a huge deal!

MS had to know that a lot of people have AV receivers with surround sound. I am shocked that surround sound does not work when watching tv. Some things need to work perfect right away if MS expects people to recommend it to others. Even when im playing nba 2k14 (which looks amazing) back speakers sound like crap compared to when I play ps4 games.

It's like buying a phone that drops calls every 2nd or 3rd time and has static sound when you finally are able to call someone. No one would recommend that phone to friends or family!

They are working on upgrading the software for the passhtrough to support surround sound. To what degree of surround sound, I have no idea. Just 5.1? up to 7.1 Master DTS? Only time will tell.

But for now, the whole experience is a Jack of all trades and master of none.

IFBB-PRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 IFBB-PRO
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

@Dreams-Visions: I hope they fix it the way AV receivers and speakers were meant to be used. I did not pay a lot of money for good receiver and speakers just for it to be handicapped by xbox one. If that will be the case then xbox one will never be center entertainment system of people's living room.

Just like i would never buy my receiver if it could not keep up with my speakers or my high end tv.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Tragedy. How do they manage to mess up the sound, too?

EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 EnviousEyezOnMe

You surround people...Did you try the beta for DD 5.1 in settings? It worked on my receiver.

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 strawhatlupi
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

LOL... so Xbone is the next generation downgrade

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@strawhatlupi: Actually dumbass, it doesn't degrade TV signal.

I hooked up my Direct TV to my Xbox last night. No signal degradation what so ever. I tested the picture with and without the Xbox and no difference at all. Maybe the HDMI cables are causing problems for those with signal degradation.

I have 2 gripes with the Xbox so far

1. The Kinect voice commands don't always work

2. The controller feels slightly cheaper. It's still a nice controller and every bit as comfortable as the 360. It doesn't have the same quality feel as I felt with the 360 one though.

Everything else has been perfect. I probably just need more time with the controller since I didn't have much last night.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

People do realise how HDMI works right?

HDMI is much like a network, digital information is sent over a cable that has a bunch of copper twisted pairs. As it is sending digital information there can't be any degradation to the digital information. The cable will either work or not work or intermittently work. I would have thought in the digital stream there would be error correction so any errors would either be corrected or dropped.

So the only place there would be an alteration of the video stream would be in the Xbox One software itself. I have no idea why they would alter the video stream unless it's applying filters on the output like it does with the games (sharpen, saturation)...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@edwardecl said:

People do realise how HDMI works right?

HDMI is much like a network, digital information is sent over a cable that has a bunch of copper twisted pairs. As it is sending digital information there can't be any degradation to the digital information. The cable will either work or not work or intermittently work. I would have thought in the digital stream there would be error correction so any errors would either be corrected or dropped.

So the only place there would be an alteration of the video stream would be in the Xbox One software itself. I have no idea why they would alter the video stream unless it's applying filters on the output like it does with the games (sharpen, saturation)...

Could just be passing down a lower quality signal after processing the original image + Xbox UI. It's far from far-fetched. We're not talking about noise or analog-type quality degradation.

bayboydray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 bayboydray
Member since 2013 • 113 Posts

@shawn30 said:

The install times are longer than expected, especially for COD and BF4. That will improve greatly so no worries. As for the Voice Commands, Im not getting how it only worked for you 60% of the time. Me and three of my pals were talking last night on Skype and we're around 90% of the time. As for Tow of my buds with Comcast say the TV portion looks the same. But if there is a degradation on your set you might want to research and see if there's a fix/option before you declaring it a bust, lol. I'm loving my Xbox One and it is next gen. Saw PS4 at my brother in laws house, I have no interest in anything he was playing and told him it was a ps3.5. Even he agreed, although he expects the system to pick up when more games arrived.

Everybody complaining about the Xbox one probably havent played xbox one and I bet the guy who started this thread is in Sonys pocket...I have both Ps4 and Xbox one and I agree...ps4 is ps3 with a few minor upgrades...its doesnt seem next gen or futuristic like xbox..people need to understand that xbox one has so much shit to work and its only gonna get better...

bodde1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 bodde1972
Member since 2013 • 117 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-25-xbox-one-tv-integration-suffers-noticeable-judder-in-uk

Website HDTVTest.co.uk first flagged up the problem, which occurs when you run a live TV feed from your set-top box, such as a Freeview HD, Sky or Virgin Media box, into Microsoft's console using the HDMI-in port.

The UK and Europe use a 50Hz broadcasting system. The Xbox One outputs at 60Hz, so if you feed it a 50Hz HDMI source, one out of every six frames will be a duplicate, causing judder.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

@IFBB-PRO said:

@PSdual_wielder: Here is TheVerge website talking about the same issue. Scroll to the middle where they talk about picture degradation as well.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/20/5117320/microsoft-xbox-one-review

A lot of this stuff isn't permanent. Remember both consoles were rushed out for the holiday season. It'll take a bit of time for MS to get the voice thing working well, it's complicated with so many accents. They'll likely sort out the video issues the same way.

Mine is using my full download speed. But i'm not sure that Xbox Live is fully up and running yet, it doesn't look like it.

There is a quite a list of features for both consoles that they said wouldn't be available at launch.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

I miss Bill Gates.

The vision MS had at E3 360 announcement made it sound like the best console to have, and it did live up to that promise... until now. It's a headache like W8. Consoles are supposed to be simple imo.

honestly since gates stepped down to try other non-MS projects they really have slid downhill fast

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

So wait a minute! The XBone degrades your TV image and NO site is talking about it?!

Better get to work, you've been slacking with your fanboy crusade lately.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@IFBB-PRO said:

All in all. I will keep xbox one for the up coming games but as for connecting it to my tv absolutely not!!!!

Then how are you going to play those X1 games if you never hook it to your TV again?

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

Shit is fucked up. Sounds like something that might need a hardware change or something. They'll figure it out.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-21-xbox-one-dolby-digital-headset-support-coming-post-launch

dolby digital output via optical is coming probably early 2014 ,i think it's because rushed software and license issue with dolby

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@dj1nnn said:

Oh wow, that's horrible

what kind of cables are you using? As in what guage? Adding another component to the chain will always cause some degree of degradation. Your picture would be better if you ran the cable box straight to the TV (but then you'd not be using your receiver). You can limit that amount by using heavy gauge quality cables.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Jamex1987 said:

I did not see any difference. I am pretty sure it is passthrough hdmi. Maybe you have faulty cables.

Same here, my Comcast Infinity is crystal clear on TV through the One.