Xbox multiplatform details coming [Update: Business update is coming Feb 15th on the Official Xbox Podcast]

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2562 Posts

Microsoft plans Starfield launch for PlayStation 5

According to sources, we understand that currently Microsoft are planning a launch for Starfield on PlayStation 5 post the release of the already announced “Shattered Space” expansion for Xbox and PC, which is on target to arrive at some point later this year. We’ve also been informed that Microsoft have made additionalinvestment into PlayStation 5 dev kits to support ongoing development efforts – adding further fuel to the fire.

As the already existing rumours have suggested, the idea of bringing 1st party titles to competing console platforms marks a massive change in strategy for Microsoft and from what I understand, it’s not been without fierce internal debate on this new direction. Releasing Starfield on PlayStation 5 contradicts the original statement around exclusivity made by President of Xbox Sarah Bond, during the Xbox and Bethesda Games Studios summer showcase of 2021.

Story

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#102 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69932 Posts

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 GhostOfGolden

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9823 Posts

Is this post still up? The source has already been debunked and idlesloth deleted his post.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#105  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

Despite all the dialog about MS going third party, I feel each title hinted at here would go multiplatform for different reasons.

Sea of Thieves going multiplatform I think is more about it becoming too big to just keep on Xbox. And it's a milestone of sorts. The MS owned IPs they have through acquisitions, the games are too big to just make exclusive, like Minecraft or COD. But Sea of Thieves would be an IP they built themselves that reached this considerable point. It's also smart to keep the community active by adding more players. I'd be curious what kind of cross-system support it has, and whether MS is using this as an exercise to develop cross-console and PC platform support. I can see this being made available across both PS and Switch to maximize the pool of players.

As for HiFi Rush, I'm more of the opinion this is being done simply to quell the precarious situation of Tango Gameworks. I can't imagine Japanese devs want to work making games on hardware that has practically no footprint in Japan. I'm more of the opinion such a move would need only limit releasing it on the Nintendo Switch. I don't think MS is threatened by the idea of releasing HiFi Rush on Nintendo's platform. It might also go to PS consoles too, but again, this is about keeping Tango Gameworks from falling apart. Honestly I'm surprised it didn't when Shinji Mikami left, and glad it didn't.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Pedro

@sealionact said:

Is this post still up? The source has already been debunked and idlesloth deleted his post.

All Xbox games are being ported to the PS5 and Switch.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 GhostOfGolden

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1316 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

Yip,that's been celebrated by saps who said nothing when ps first party went multiplat.....but here yous are all vocal and shit because xbox are gonna give you games and make money from you.

So is it about the games? Or profit and sales....I can't remember where the goalposts got moved too 😂🤣

Good job Xbox has more games,bigger franchise and makes more money 💰

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45293 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

According to sources, we understand that currently Microsoft are planning a launch for Starfield on PlayStation 5 post the release of the already announced “Shattered Space” expansion for Xbox and PC, which is on target to arrive at some point later this year. We’ve also been informed that Microsoft have made additionalinvestment into PlayStation 5 dev kits to support ongoing development efforts – adding further fuel to the fire.

As the already existing rumours have suggested, the idea of bringing 1st party titles to competing console platforms marks a massive change in strategy for Microsoft and from what I understand, it’s not been without fierce internal debate on this new direction. Releasing Starfield on PlayStation 5 contradicts the original statement around exclusivity made by President of Xbox Sarah Bond, during the Xbox and Bethesda Games Studios summer showcase of 2021.

Story

🤣 didn't Lems say Microsoft wouldn't spend all this money to make Bethesda games multiplat 🤣🤣

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1316 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Didn't cows say ps first party wouldn't go multiplat 🤣😂

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#111 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20142 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

Story

Pete Hines gets pissed that Activision gets to stay on PS5 but Starfield and Redfall didn't. Then Pete Hines leaves. Now they're planning on putting Starfield on PS5. I tell you MS just doesn't know what they're doing. Like at all...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Zero_epyon
@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Story

🤣 didn't Lems say Microsoft wouldn't spend all this money to make Bethesda games multiplat 🤣🤣

A lot of the things I told lems would happen are starting to happen. This is one of them. It wasn't that hard either because their CFO at the time of the acquisition said as much.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 SolidGame_basic

@saint-george said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Didn't cows say ps first party wouldn't go multiplat 🤣😂

PlayStation isn't putting their games on Xbox silly 🙃

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GhostOfGolden

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1045 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: this is devastating. Xbox might want to hold that conversation now and not wait till spring because this is just gonna get worse for them. It went from Hi Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves to Starfield and Indiana Jones…what’s next? I’m just gonna plug my PS5 back in if this is the case.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Zero_epyon

@ghostofgolden said:

Same with Blade. It's far out enough out that their strategy shift will be in full swing.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1154 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@loudheadphones said:

Actually it won't be case by case as hinted by Schreier that axe are gonna fall soon. Pretty much MS going all in 3rd party. Case by case games won't bring +80$ bil. back.

I think the axe was something about his book. I'm not sure if MS is gonna be all in yet. They're gonna still try to float the dead horse that is Game Pass. Stuff is gonna trickle to rival platforms though. The market is cornering them to do it

They can't float dead horse that is Gamepass. Xbox hardware sales are.....basically non existent in Europe and Asia, only US keep Xbox hardware. But that isn't enough in any way. Gamepass is very tied to Xbox hardware sales. Also, just like it was with Xbone, now with XSeries is the same. Xbox hardware had huge firesales/discounts during holidays....and what happened? Same as with Xbone. Sales goes downhill since January till next October because Xbox is now a holiday console. Everyone will wait for next firesales. I mean, XSX for 349$ and then go back to 499$.

Oct-Dec 2023 vs. 2022, so holidays, XBS is down in units

• US : ~ -6%
  • EU : Oct -52%, Nov -26%, Dec -19%
  • UK : ~ flat

For this very reason, MS is going all in 3rd party. They need to bring back that +80$ bil. somehow. which they've spent in last 2 and a half years.

It is happening

@thatforumuser said:

Every thing now is all Xbox - the Xbox PC Xbox Play Station - every player will thank Uncle Phil and bring money for Xbox games. Game Pass and Xbox Every Where. What plastic you buy and phyisical is the old way to think - the platform is the Xbox it is the future!!

Xbox's future is on other platforms, yes. Its own hardware won't cut it. Therefore, Xbox will became the biggest 3rd party publisher

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 GhostOfGolden

@SolidGame_basic said:

Microsoft also didn’t spend $80 billion for 40% growth over 2022’s numbers. Folks didn’t want to believe me when I said the math was gonna have to start making sense. The day of reckoning is here.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#119 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

Lems thinking Zenimax and Activision acquisition is expanding xbox exclusive line up but it turns out Xbox is expanding, on PlayStation lmaooooo 🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1154 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Microsoft also didn’t spend $80 billion for 40% growth over 2022’s numbers. Folks didn’t want to believe me when I said the math was gonna have to start making sense. The day of reckoning is here.

@sakaixx said:

Lems thinking Zenimax and Activision acquisition is expanding xbox exclusive line up but it turns out Xbox is expanding, on PlayStation lmaooooo 🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Open the floodgate

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 GhostOfGolden

Somebody is leaking this shit to the press. Somebody that doesn’t want to wait until “Spring” to get the ball rolling.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@Pedro said:

@daredevils2k: You have been acknowledged.🙄

thanks amigo !

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8874 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: If Xbox games go to PS5 and PS games stay off Xbox, I'm done with MS.

Sony can have the gaming industry. I got my motorcycle, archery, and fishing.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 GhostOfGolden

@dabear said:

@BenjaminBanklin: If Xbox games go to PS5 and PS games stay off Xbox, I'm done with MS.

Sony can have the gaming industry. I got my motorcycle, archery, and fishing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39292 Posts

If Indiana Jones comes out on the ps5 just a couple of months later, this confirmes exactly what i was saying from the very beginning - Starfield did EXTREMELY poorly, and Microsft now knows that they can't develop games for a platform nobody buys video games for. Their competition is NEEDED for them to survive, since their own fans don't support them even a tiny bit.

Really is disgusting to think that their own fans don't care about their favorite company.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear: You're done, then. Sell your X before the resale value drops to $50.

It just shows how disrespectful Microsoft is toward their fans. There is ZERO chance of Sony exclusives ever being available on an Xbox because Sony isn't desperate. If Microsoft offers their service to all systems, what difference is there between the Xbox and a prostitute? Ask yourself that simple question, dabear, and don't forget that we, cows, we would gladly see you join us on the Blue side, and no questions asked either. You have a couple of months to decide, but the quicker you jump over, the better you will feel.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 hardwenzen  Online
@sealionact said:

You're gonna mald so hard when its official, that i expect you to completely disappear from SW out of shame, just like the majority of Sheep when the WiiU came out. Extremely difficult times are approaching, and my best guess is that most of you aren't ready.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11179 Posts

@loudheadphones said:

They can't float dead horse that is Gamepass. Xbox hardware sales are.....basically non existent in Europe and Asia, only US keep Xbox hardware. But that isn't enough in any way. Gamepass is very tied to Xbox hardware sales. Also, just like it was with Xbone, now with XSeries is the same. Xbox hardware had huge firesales/discounts during holidays....and what happened? Same as with Xbone. Sales goes downhill since January till next October because Xbox is now a holiday console. Everyone will wait for next firesales. I mean, XSX for 349$ and then go back to 499$.

Oct-Dec 2023 vs. 2022, so holidays, XBS is down in units

• US : ~ -6%
  • EU : Oct -52%, Nov -26%, Dec -19%
  • UK : ~ flat

For this very reason, MS is going all in 3rd party. They need to bring back that +80$ bil. somehow. which they've spent in last 2 and a half years.

It is happening

@thatforumuser said:

Every thing now is all Xbox - the Xbox PC Xbox Play Station - every player will thank Uncle Phil and bring money for Xbox games. Game Pass and Xbox Every Where. What plastic you buy and phyisical is the old way to think - the platform is the Xbox it is the future!!

Xbox's future is on other platforms, yes. Its own hardware won't cut it. Therefore, Xbox will became the biggest 3rd party publisher

Holy shit. I can't believe it. I though MS would try to hold out forever. I truly believe that Starfield was the straw the broke the camel's back. You can't do Game Pass and try to sell huge titles at the same time. But, yeah. Looks like Xbox is in the 3rd party publishing business.

I actually think Game Pass was a hail mary to try and pull the market for itself... and it just didn't work. There's no way it could have. If what's happening is truly happening, then they're overturning Phil Spencer's decisions too. This is absolutely WILD!

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 UItravioIence  Online
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Rip Xbox.. it's over.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#131 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12333 Posts

Xbox needs to come out and clear the air on this mess; it has the potential to dramatically hurt its brand. Be clear and honest about the future of Xbox no matter what it is.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts

MS knows that the money is in software sales. These companies aren't living on hardware sales whether it's PS, SX, Switch.

Xbox already been day 1 PC with all its 1st party, it's a natural first step.

Cows won't think it's funny when the most played games on Playstation are made by MS.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16572 Posts

@uitravioience: Sarah is a beautiful woman, uncle Phil had good taste in his hiring.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

But to be honest, we do need a competitive 1st party console publisher so that Sony doesn't get greedy. Nintendo is not trying to dominate the living room anymore but they now facing competition from Steamdeck + major PC builders like Lenovo and Asus doing handhelds as well. Leaving Sony alone may have disastrous consequences.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SolidGame_basic

Damn, didn’t know Jim Ryan was so jacked

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 blaznwiipspman1

@BenjaminBanklin: how many alt accounts do you have mr butthurt? You probably have way more posts than Pedro, when you count all your raging alts.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 SargentD

Would Sony allow Gamepass on Playstation?

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 blaznwiipspman1

I love MS and uncle Phil's strategy. We're Trojan horsing the shit out of the cows, and soo their turd console will be called Microsoft Xbox Playstation.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Zero_epyon

@sargentd said:

Would Sony allow Gamepass on Playstation?

No. And there would be no need.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 BenjaminBanklin

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: how many alt accounts do you have mr butthurt? You probably have way more posts than Pedro, when you count all your raging alts.

You're not taking this well, I see. Why do I need alt accounts when I've always owned every lem on this one? I mean. I won! 🤣🤣🤣

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

I can't wait for the day the war is over. The Playstation fanbase lived to see the unconditional surrender of those who review bombed PS games for decades, only to see their own stuff on Playstation and the death of their platform's identity.

Playstation and Nintendo keep their identity and xbox, well. It never stuck.

What kind of name is "XBOX" anyway, it always sounded dumb to me.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 BenjaminBanklin

@sakaixx said:

But to be honest, we do need a competitive 1st party console publisher so that Sony doesn't get greedy. Nintendo is not trying to dominate the living room anymore but they now facing competition from Steamdeck + major PC builders like Lenovo and Asus doing handhelds as well. Leaving Sony alone may have disastrous consequences.

I mean, that can always still happen. Any of the major tech firms, groups of publishers or computer hardware makers can throw their hat in the game if things get out of control with Sony. I mean, it's not like anyone can't be challenged, you just have to offer the right product.

The problem with Xbox is they didn't try to do it organically. Their method was to powerspend through gaming to hopefully get their rivals to submit, and that cost was way too high apparently. But, really though. It's hard to say what the market would even look like by that time anyway.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Pedro

@sakaixx said:

No! We don't need competition. Sony is will continue to compete with itself. This is great for console gaming.😏

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1045 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness: Xbox says they’ll address it in the spring but honestly it’s boiled over now. It can’t wait. They should take a couple days to build a script and address it. No more hiding, what’s the plan?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro: your meltdown is glorious 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Pedro: your meltdown is glorious 😎

😏
😏

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#147 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44333 Posts

@Pedro: Exactly. Now that Sony will have less competition they won’t have to try as hard. Surely they will pass these savings on to the consumer. 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Pedro
@Archangel3371 said:

@Pedro: Exactly. Now that Sony will have less competition they won’t have to try as hard. Surely they will pass these savings on to the consumer. 😎

I can't wait. By the end of the week we will be rich with all the savings and free rent.😏

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 GhostOfGolden

Laying off all the Community Managers may not have been the best move right now lmao

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By SargentD
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I love MS and uncle Phil's strategy. We're Trojan horsing the shit out of the cows, and soo their turd console will be called Microsoft Xbox Playstation.

Pretty much how I see it. MS sees the writing on the wall clear as day, put your software on max amount of hardware = more profit. It's not complicated. Cows scoffed at MS day one on PC on 1st party, now Sony is porting thier games to PC but don't have as good of integration. None of these company make thier money off hardware. If MS is selling shit tons of software on PS PC SX and Switch.. there really isn't a downside. They don't need to be #1 in hardware sales to be successful and they will continue to make hardware because they are good at it. Playstation and Switch going to make Xbox MONEY. Just like PC ports making both Sony and MS MONEY