Xbox GPU speed bump.?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#951 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6965 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

You xbox fans are so desperate that you want to even use a damn sound block to claim superiority..That sad you people are..:lol:

marklarmer

lol at Tormentos calling other people desperate and sad.

Indeed.

I wonder who created this d/c thread and has 100+ posts in it?

It's a small, but welcome bump. It sure won't change the world, but any upgrade is better than no upgrade.

What else needs to be said?

[spoiler] Bu, bu, but the downgrade! LMAO [/spoiler]

chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#952 chaflifi
Member since 2011 • 140 Posts

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

Superclocked pulled them numbers out his ass like string cheese man

superclocked

You didn't have to eat the string cheese just to prove a point. I already believed that you would put anything in your mouth before you did that.. Seriously, though, the numbers were based on 100% fact.. 14CU = 896SP * 2OPS * 800MHz = 1.43 TFLOPS

why 14 CU? a developer isnt forced to only use 14 CU for graphics rendering... they can use all 18 CU's for graphics rendering if they wanted to

8 CU=512 SP *2 OPS*853 mhz= 873 gigaflops for graphics rendering for the Xbox One, compared to the 1.43 tflops for PS4 for graphics rendering...

"based" on what i read this is true 

chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#953 chaflifi

Douevenlift_bro

8 CU=512 SP*2 OPS*853 mhz= 873 gigaflops, this is "Based" on information that i read... 1.43 vses 873 gigaflops= 557 gigaflop advantage for graphics rendering this is based on "information" that i have read....

PS4 still has 4 more CU's then Xbox One for graphics rendering "based" on what i read these numbers are 100% accurate :lol: 

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#954 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

chaflifi

You didn't have to eat the string cheese just to prove a point. I already believed that you would put anything in your mouth before you did that.. Seriously, though, the numbers were based on 100% fact.. 14CU = 896SP * 2OPS * 800MHz = 1.43 TFLOPS

why 14 CU? a developer isnt forced to only use 14 CU for graphics rendering... they can use all 18 CU's for graphics rendering if they wanted to

8 CU=512 SP *2 OPS*853 mhz= 873 gigaflops for graphics rendering for the Xbox One, compared to the 1.43 tflops for PS4 for graphics rendering...

Because that's what the interview states was leaked from Sony.. 14CU for graphics and 4CU for compute. I don't know how many times I've had to ask you to actually read the article already...
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#955 superclocked
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]OWNED OMG :LOL:chaflifi
"OZMG, I'm so cool cause I make fun of people on the internet cause they can't punch me in the face!" Wow, man. I admire you so much. You're so cool...

its because you got destroyed and still havent backed up your claims, still waiting on some links for where you heard this information.... "based on the information" i read the Xbox One dedicates 4 CU's for Compute so really the Xbox One only has 8 Cu's for rendering, thus having way less then 1.18 teraflops of graphics rendering compared to the PS4. im not going to post a link but its "based on information" i read....:lol:

I posted a link to the article, someone else posted the actual quote, and yet you continue to lie and deny that I posted the article on every. single. page. of. this. thread. Seriously, stop harassing me over and over and over again...
chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#956 chaflifi
[QUOTE="chaflifi"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]You didn't have to eat the string cheese just to prove a point. I already believed that you would put anything in your mouth before you did that.. Seriously, though, the numbers were based on 100% fact.. 14CU = 896SP * 2OPS * 800MHz = 1.43 TFLOPSsuperclocked

Because that's what the interview states was leaked from Sony...

oh wow i didnt know "incentitive" was a hard cap now on how many Cu's can be used for graphics rendering.. dude you sound like a moron... there not limited to 14 CU's only for graphics rendering, the last 4 CU's have extra ALU for compute, and Mark cerny simply said that it can be a "incentitive" for developers to do compute on their, that doesnt mean they are forced to 14 CU's, they can apply CU"s as freely as they want... they want a 17/1 CU scene/part of the game? they can do that they want a 15/3 scene for another part of the game? they can do that, its not a 14 CU limit hardcap on graphics rendering for the PS4... and if Xbox One wanted to compete with ps4 in compute, itd have to use up some CU's for compute aswell thus lowering the "1.18 teraflops" of graphics rendering power for Xbox One
chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#957 chaflifi
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="chaflifi"][QUOTE="superclocked"]"OZMG, I'm so cool cause I make fun of people on the internet cause they can't punch me in the face!" Wow, man. I admire you so much. You're so cool...

its because you got destroyed and still havent backed up your claims, still waiting on some links for where you heard this information.... "based on the information" i read the Xbox One dedicates 4 CU's for Compute so really the Xbox One only has 8 Cu's for rendering, thus having way less then 1.18 teraflops of graphics rendering compared to the PS4. im not going to post a link but its "based on information" i read....:lol:

I posted a link to the article, someone else posted the actual quote, and yet you continue to lie and deny that I posted the article on every. single. page. of. this. thread. Seriously, stop harassing me over and over and over again...

Bullshit you tryed to deflate PS4 numbers and inflate Xbox One numbers implying xbox one will never do compute on its GPU while PS4 would only, IF XBOX one does compute, it wont have 1.18 teraflops for graphics rendering, it will have less then that... stop bullshitting
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#958 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

Havent the 14+4 changed since the alpha dev kits?

Im sure i heard Cerny saying in an interview that the ALU usage is up to devs now, if they want to use 11+7 they can or whatever combination suits them best.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#959 superclocked

Im sure i heard Cerny saying in an interview that the ALU usage is up to devs now, if they want to use 11+7 they can or whatever combination suits them best.

ManatuBeard
Yeah, that's definitely the case. Developers can use the resources as they see fit...
chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#960 chaflifi

[QUOTE="chaflifi"][QUOTE="superclocked"]"OZMG, I'm so cool cause I make fun of people on the internet cause they can't punch me in the face!" Wow, man. I admire you so much. You're so cool...superclocked

Digital Foundry:Going back to GPU compute for a moment, I wouldn't call it a rumour - it was more than that. There was a recommendation - a suggestion? - for 14 cores [GPU compute units] allocated to visuals and four to GPU compute...

Mark Cerny: That comes from a leak and is not any form of formal evangelisation. The point is the hardware is intentionally not 100 per cent round. It has a little bit more ALU in it than it would if you were thinking strictly about graphics. As a result of that you have an opportunity, you could say an incentivisation, to use that ALU for GPGPU.

lol dude you just got shitted on, Cerny said it simply came from a leak and isnt any form of truth, and he simply says its a incentitive to use the extra ALU in the 4 CU's, he isnt recommending it, he isnt saying that its concrete and that there is a hard cap on how much CU's you can use for graphics rendering.... your a dam fraud and i just proved you wrong countless times in this thread for everyone to see... you have been completely embarrassed man and still pulling bogus claims out your ass without any proper cititation/information 

chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#961 chaflifi
[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

superclocked
Yeah, that's definitely the case. Developers can use the resources as they see fit...

yep exactly, they can do 17/1 for one scene/part of the game, 15/3 for another part of the game, 11/7 if they wanted to, they can apply CU's freely, there is no hard cap like Superclocked is imposing by saying that 14 CU's can be used for graphics rendnering only, no, they can use all 18 CU's if they wanted to for graphics rendering....not every game needs serious Compute power
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#962 superclocked

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

You xbox fans are so desperate that you want to even use a damn sound block to claim superiority..That sad you people are..:lol:

SUD123456

Indeed.

It's a small, but welcome bump. It sure won't change the world, but any upgrade is better than no upgrade.

Yeah, I'm really glad that the system is getting the overclock, even if the difference won't very be noticeable.. But, can you imagine if the GPU really was downclocked? That's all that we would have heard the cows here talking about for months, maybe even years...
chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#963 chaflifi
in order for the Xbox One to compete with PS4 in compute, its going to have to use some of its CU's for compute aswell, so it wont have 1.18 teraflops of power for graphics alone, it will have less then that when the Xbox One does compute
Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#964 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

superclocked

Indeed.

Yeah, I'm really glad that the system is getting the overclock, even if the difference won't very be noticeable.. But, can you imagine if the GPU really was downclocked? That's all that we would have heard the cows here talking about for months, maybe even years...

Think about it for a moment, son. The GPU was already weak. To have it downclocked would have been lulzworthy.

A slight upclock is just "meh, the PS4 is still stronger".

It's psychology.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#965 superclocked
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

chaflifi

yep exactly, they can do 17/1 for one scene/part of the game, 15/3 for another part of the game, 11/7 if they wanted to, they can apply CU's freely, there is no hard cap like Superclocked is imposing by saying that 14 CU's can be used for graphics rendnering only, no, they can use all 18 CU's if they wanted to for graphics rendering....not every game needs serious Compute power

lol, 15+ pages later, and you STILL won't leave me alone. You know, they say that kids are mean to the people that they have a crush on ;P
Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#966 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

in order for the Xbox One to compete with PS4 in compute, its going to have to use some of its CU's for compute aswell, so it wont have 1.18 teraflops of power for graphics alone, it will have less then that when the Xbox One does compute chaflifi

Oh wow... Someone finally said the obvious.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#967 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="SUD123456"]

Indeed.

CallOfDutyRulez

Think about it for a moment, son. The GPU was already weak. To have it downclocked would have been lulzworthy.

A slight upclock is just "meh, the PS4 is still stronger".

lol, yeah, that's exactly my point. Cows already rub it into Lemmings faces more than enough as it is..
chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#968 chaflifi

[QUOTE="chaflifi"]in order for the Xbox One to compete with PS4 in compute, its going to have to use some of its CU's for compute aswell, so it wont have 1.18 teraflops of power for graphics alone, it will have less then that when the Xbox One does compute CallOfDutyRulez

yep, and in Superclocked's post he applies the compute usage of the GPU to the PS4 GPU, while applying no compute usage to the Xbox One GPU...what a idiot and this is why im simply calling him out on his ridicolous claims/bluffs that he still hasnt provided a link on, I JUST quoted Mark Cerny himself saying that that "leak" isnt true and that the extra ALU's in the 4 CU's in the PS4 is a incentitive for developers to maybe use more compute in their games

so he says that the Ps4 will have 1.4 teraflops of power for graphics rendering while also saying that the xbox one gpu will have all 1.18 teraflops of graphics rendering for graphics, and none of that torwards compute, he is a dam huge Microsoft fanboy trying to "close" the gap between the two with bullshit ass numbers 

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#969 superclocked
[QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

[QUOTE="chaflifi"]in order for the Xbox One to compete with PS4 in compute, its going to have to use some of its CU's for compute aswell, so it wont have 1.18 teraflops of power for graphics alone, it will have less then that when the Xbox One does compute chaflifi

yep, and in Superclocked's post he applies the compute usage of the GPU to the PS4 GPU, while applying no compute usage to the Xbox One GPU...what a idiot and this is why im simply calling him out on his ridicolous claims/bluffs that he still hasnt provided a link on, I JUST quoted Mark Cerny himself saying that that "leak" isnt true and that the extra ALU's in the 4 CU's in the PS4 is a incentitive for developers to maybe use more compute in their games

Working on making it 20 pages of obsessing about me, I see... <3
chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#970 chaflifi

[QUOTE="chaflifi"][QUOTE="superclocked"]Yeah, that's definitely the case. Developers can use the resources as they see fit...superclocked

lol, 15+ pages later, and you STILL won't leave me alone. You know, they say that kids are mean to the people that they have a crush on ;P

for real man, stop spreading lies, you have been completely embarrassed

tumblr_majym31Zyw1rxevt4o1_500.jpg

chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#971 chaflifi
[QUOTE="chaflifi"][QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

superclocked

Working on making it 20 pages of obsessing about me, I see... <3

your a weirdo kid, no body is obsessing over you, this is a forums, your here to debate, show up or dont say shit, provide a solid foundation on your claims and provide some citation/information on some of the claims your making
chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#972 chaflifi

Please, elaborate further. If you mean what I think you mean, then you're very misinformed. The XBox One has far more custom hardware than the PS4. The PS4 has a few enhancements over traditional architecture, too, but Microsoft took it to the extreme.. The XBox One has some very innovative memory enhancements. Besides the additional large L4 cache for the GPU, it also has uses move engines to move data around the system, which feature custom compression hardware and texture tiling hardware. DDR3 ram is faster than GDDR5, but it doesn't move as much data. The XBox One's move engines make it so that the XBox One won't use nearly as much memory bandwidth, thus not needing GGDR5 type memory that moves more data. It allows the use of snappier DDR3 RAM that CPU's favor. And the texture tiling hardware in the move engines will allow the use of insanely detailed textures the likes of which have never before seen in video games, while the PS4 must use additional GPU processing power for this technique. The Xbox One also has a very advanced voice decoder chip, which can completely separate a person's voice from nearly any amount of ambient noise, it uses Smartglass technology that allows you to use a tablet PC as an extension and controller for your XBox One, and, of course, it has the Kinect 2.0, which is used for advanced motion controls, as a very high quality 1080p video camera that sees perfectly in the dark, and it can even create a digital version of you for your videogames by scanning your head and making perfectly accurate, insanely detailed 3D models of your face and head. The Playstation 4 has a custom cache label that improves cache performance during simultaneous GPU compute and shader processing, it has a separate bus that connects the GPU and CPU without having to address the cache first, there is a small touchscreen built into the PS4 controller, similar to a laptop mouse, and the PS Vita can be used as a tablet controller and screen for the PS4. The XBox One GPU's total floating point performance is 1.31 TFLOPS, while 10% is reserved for OS type functions. The PS4 GPU's total floating point performance is 1.84 TFLOPS, while 22.222% of that is reserved for GPU compute, and it is not known how much power is reserved for the OS. If we assume the same 10% OS reserve for both consoles, and with only 14 compute units available for graphics in the PS4, the final floating point comparison numbers are.. 1.29 TFLOPS (PS4) vs1.18 TFLOPS (XB1)<.b>available for game graphics. That makes the final numbers roughly 1.3 vs 1.2, which is nearly identical...superclocked

why didnt you apply any potential compute being done on the Xbox One here? why say that the PS4 will do compute, but no compute on the Xbox One? if the xbox one ever did compute, it wouldnt have 1.18 teraflops for graphics rendering...LOL :lol: i love shutting up little teenage boys spouting nonsense, 

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#973 superclocked

LOL :lol: i love shutting up little teenage boys spouting nonsense, 

chaflifi
Still throwing insults at me every chance that you get, while calling me the "little teenage boy." Give it a rest. I told you like 10 pages ago that you're insults don't bother me, and yet you're STILL trying to piss me off...
chaflifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#974 chaflifi

[QUOTE="chaflifi"]

LOL :lol: i love shutting up little teenage boys spouting nonsense, 

superclocked

Still throwing insults at me every chance that you get, while calling me the "little teenage boy." Give it a rest. I told you like 10 pages ago that you're insults don't bother me, but you're STILL trying to piss me off. lol...

just tell me how you got the 1.18 teraflops for graphics rendering, i already proved you wrong about the "leak from sony" , cerny himself said that its not any form of truth about the 14+4 CU... why are you implying that the xbox one will never do compute? as it stands right now, the ps4 can use all 18 CU's for graphics rendering,

its all 1.84 teraflops for graphics rendering can be used IF a developer chooses so, while the Xbox one only has 1.18 teraflops of maximum graphics rendering power.

1.84 >>>>>>1.18 teraflops=660 gigaflop advantage for the PS4 in potential graphics rendering 

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#975 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

This is 2006 all over again. A bunch of people quoting various articles from different people giving their opinion about hardware they haven't had much time to use. None of you are getting anywhere and it's frankly sad to see you guys arguing over hardware theoretical (which is all it is right now).

My suggestion? Wait until the damn things come out. Back last gen in 2006 I frequently argued the theoreticals of unproven hardware by devs with very limited experience with unfinished development kits and brand new software only for the next few years for all of their claims to be proven wrong in one way or another. 

You guys need to take a chill pill and get some perspective.