Xbox Boss: We Weren't Fully Committed to PC Gaming, But....

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Nice knowing you X1 but it's game over man, game over. :P

Anyway, gonna be a great E3 for MS me thinks, they've got a lot to talk about between X1 & PC, can't wait.

What ya think?

The Story.

---

Xbox Boss: We Weren't Fully Committed to PC Gaming, But That's Changing Now

"Our team has never committed more resources to making Windows better for game developers and gamers."

by Eddie Makuch on June 4, 2015

Ahead of Microsoft's appearance at the PC Gaming Show at E3 later this month, Xbox executive Phil Spencer has pledged to gamers that the mistakes of Games for Windows Live won't be repeated with Windows 10. Speaking with PC Gamer, which is hosting the event with Microsoft as a co-sponsor, Spencer started off by recalling the struggles of Microsoft's PC gaming past.

"We weren't fully committed as a company, and I've said that before. We made commitments to developers and consumers that I don't feel we lived up to," he said when asked about Games for Windows Live. "The key difference now is that the Xbox team is driving the Windows and console gaming efforts as one connected ecosystem."

If gaming on Windows 10 falls short, it won't be for lack of effort or resources.

"I can tell you definitively that our team has never committed more resources to making Windows better for game developers and gamers, and that means any gamer on Windows 10, regardless of storefront or device," Spencer explained.

"Windows is the most popular platform for games in the world and we are committed to doing more," he added. "Xbox needs to deliver meaningful, measurable improvements for games and gamers--both for existing games and services and new titles."

Asked if Microsoft's internal development teams, as part of the company's overall renewed focus on PC gaming, would develop PC-exclusive games, Spencer promised support for the platform, but didn't make any promises.

"The charter of Microsoft Studios is to develop games that showcase the best of every Windows device," he said. "You can absolutely count on us to invest in games for the PC. While we want to break down the walls between platforms, we also know that certain games are optimized for certain devices."

Of course a question about new Halo games coming to PC also came up in the interview. Spencer reminded fans that Halo has a history of supporting PC with games like Halo: Combat Evolved for the original Xbox and Windows 98; Halo 2 for PC; and Halo: Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike for Windows 8.

"There's definitely a legacy there," Spencer said. "So no, we wouldn't rule out more Halo coming to the PC."

Read the full PC Gamer interview here.

The first-ever PC Gaming Show at E3 will be held Tuesday, June 16, starting at 5 PM PDT. GameSpot will have all the news from the show as it's announced.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I am still curious to see how this whole Windows 10 ecosystem ties together. More games and support the better, I guess.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Saying something is one thing, doing is another.

Will they probably make more of a push to be a viable platform for PC gaming with their own store front? Yeah I'd imagine they plan on making something that competes with Steam and Gog and the like, but out right making exclusive stuff that is significant? I'm not holding my breath.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice

@jg4xchamp: @FoxbatAlpha:

It's very interesting and quite curious especially lets say if they announce that Halo 5 & QB will be X1/PC. They must have a plan on how this all works for them so I'm all ears at this years E3.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jg4xchamp

@SecretPolice said:

It's very interesting and quite curious especially lets say if they announce that Halo 5 & QB will be X1/PC. They must have a plan on how this all works for them so I'm all ears at this years E3.

If they went that route, their gameplan would be the usual round of time exclusivity. Figuring a year's worth of delay mitigates the loss of sale.

Now I'd be totally cool if Scalebound was on PC. Platinum Games deserved to be played at a real 60 faps, not console 60 faps.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Was hoping this would mean they are reopening Ensemble.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Looking into the future a bit, I wonder if there will be a time in which pc and XB1 won't basically be tied together. At least as far as Win10 goes anyway. Multiplayer games basically being shared across the two like fable will. The XB1 could have a few exclusives, but basically become a cheaper and simpler pc basically, but the online portion would be intertwined between the two.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Was hoping this would mean they are reopening Ensemble.

Also had my hopes up for this.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

So it's time for Microsoft's annual commitment to PC gaming

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

June 16th needs to get here already!!!!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

But that's changing now? How? MS's E3 2015 presentation will talk about DX12, Windows 10, what it means to gaming. Sounds like we've heard that before, just the latest version of it...

Loading Video...

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

If that means I get an Xbox App on Windows 10 that make buys universal across hardware, I say bring it on. The Xbox One has functionality out of the box that my PCs and tablets (Windows) don't, enhancing my TVs capabilities, so I'm fine with the platform expansion. Anyone that sees this as a bad thing is fooling themselves.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@lostrib said:

I really hope linux and SteamOS take off I mean seriously some games get Mac ports but not linux ones especially high end games no freaking mac has the hardware to run them at barely above minimum requirements.

Microsoft only gives a crap now because hardware vendors and third parties could potentially take away their monopoly.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#14 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Call me when they announce Freelancer 2 exclusively for PC then I'll believe them. Announcing bunch of gimmicks for Windows to promote Xbox brand =/= PC gaming.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Call me when they announce Freelancer 2 exclusively for PC then I'll believe them. Announcing bunch of gimmicks for Windows to promote Xbox brand =/= PC gaming.

Freelancer 2 would be amazing. I almost want to reinstall the original.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Because PC automatically runs every game in 60fps regardless of hardware, right?

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

I guess time will tell. Windows 10 being free was something I did not expect to happen, so we shall see

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Same thing they've been saying since the X1 launched.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I am still curious to see how this whole Windows 10 ecosystem ties together. More games and support the better, I guess.

Windows 10 AKA the final nail for Xbone. (well..actually it's already dead...but it's what they say :p )

Thank you M$ for doing a full seppuku with the Xbone. LOL

mirautaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mirautaj
Member since 2006 • 365 Posts

@lostrib said:

• 2005 - We care about PC gaming, Longhorn (Vista) to usher in modern PC gaming with "Tray and Play"
    Vista launches with none of the stuff MS promised, Vista itself sucks the ass of a thousand camels.
  • 2006 - MS: Don't Count PC Games Out
    MS announces GFWL and how utterly amazing it will be, suckers everywhere rejoice in the eventual ass reaming they don't know is coming yet.
  • 2007 - MS continues PC push
    MS launches GFWL...and it has a $50 a year fee, and they announce a whole slew of games to include Shadowrun with cross platform play and Gears of War 1! What are you paying for you ask? Jank ass software that crashes and has the most unintuitive updating system known to man. Load a game, game says you need update. Signs you out, downloads update, you jump back in...oh GFWL client has a update too! signs you out, downloads up date and you log back in...
    MS will shortly thereafter disband Ensemble because MS feels that they're (MS) moving in a different direction! But don't worry we tots <3 you PC gamers.
  • 2008 - MS: PC gaming is A-okay
    Yea we've looked at some money pie charts and can see that PC gaming brings in billions in revenue. Here is our open letter to how awesome PC gaming is and our promise to support it! We finally put some new titles up on GFWL! Oh and we got rid of the $50 a year fee for GFWL, see we're serious about PC gaming! If that's not a sign of commitment, I don't know what is!
  • 2008 - MS: PC gaming is not dead!
    Look at this event we're throwing for PC gaming, you think we'd throw this if we didn't truly care about it?! Look at these games that will be on GFWL. We <3 PC gaming. You want fixes for GFWL issues? We'll look into that.
  • 2008 - MS bolsters PC gaming with all new Games for Windows Live!
    Hey gaiz remember those GFWL client issues you were having...well we didn't fix those per say but....here is the same shit in a slightly newer skin! PROGRESS
  • 2009 - MS: PC gaming still a priority for us!
    Okay gaiz look, this time we're serious about our upcoming push in PC gaming. It's so vital to us at MS that we give the PC our love and support!
  • 2010 - MS: "We're doubling down on PC gaming
    By doubling down we mean we're keeping this shittastic GFWL client around because! We might even throw an update at it to fix the problem of game saves being randomly deleted or rendered worthless...maybe.
  • 2010 - MS Launches Games for Windows Marketplace
    Hey gaiz, we're making GFWL even better because it's now called Games for Windows Marketplace. Everything is brand new and easy to use, anonymous journalists have even said it's better than Steam. We had 3 interns and a janitor work on this, so you know we're committed!
  • 2010 - MS: Windows 8 is going to relaunch gaming!
    Hey gaiz, MS again. With Windows 8 we're totally going to put our full weight behind PC gaming just like we promised back in 2006! Pls be excite.
  • 2012 - MS: We won't ditch GFWL!
    We're committed to PC gaming and we absolutely think GFWL is the best play to get PC games and play with others. Our client is awesome....ly bloated and deletes shit randomly, but that's really one of the charms of PC gaming that we captured! It's a balanced experience! Hope you rike!
  • 2013 - MS to discontinue GFWL
    Hey gaiz new manager here, so like a bunch of your games might stop working come 2014...but that's okay! We expect there to be transitions as we build out new investments, but we remain committed to bringing first party gaming services and games to Windows for years to come. We will share more details in the future!
  • 2013 - MS promises core first party games coming to PC
    We're so committed we swear!
  • 2014 – Phil Spencer: a ‘renewed focus’ on Windows PC gaming from Microsoft is coming | http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/21/5534188/microsoft-renewed-focus-on-windows-pc-gaming-phil-spencer
Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@mirautaj said:
@lostrib said:

• 2005 - We care about PC gaming, Longhorn (Vista) to usher in modern PC gaming with "Tray and Play"
    Vista launches with none of the stuff MS promised, Vista itself sucks the ass of a thousand camels.
    MS announces GFWL and how utterly amazing it will be, suckers everywhere rejoice in the eventual ass reaming they don't know is coming yet.
    MS launches GFWL...and it has a $50 a year fee, and they announce a whole slew of games to include Shadowrun with cross platform play and Gears of War 1! What are you paying for you ask? Jank ass software that crashes and has the most unintuitive updating system known to man. Load a game, game says you need update. Signs you out, downloads update, you jump back in...oh GFWL client has a update too! signs you out, downloads up date and you log back in...
    MS will shortly thereafter disband Ensemble because MS feels that they're (MS) moving in a different direction! But don't worry we tots <3 you PC gamers.
    Yea we've looked at some money pie charts and can see that PC gaming brings in billions in revenue. Here is our open letter to how awesome PC gaming is and our promise to support it! We finally put some new titles up on GFWL! Oh and we got rid of the $50 a year fee for GFWL, see we're serious about PC gaming! If that's not a sign of commitment, I don't know what is!
    Look at this event we're throwing for PC gaming, you think we'd throw this if we didn't truly care about it?! Look at these games that will be on GFWL. We <3 PC gaming. You want fixes for GFWL issues? We'll look into that.
    Hey gaiz remember those GFWL client issues you were having...well we didn't fix those per say but....here is the same shit in a slightly newer skin! PROGRESS
    Okay gaiz look, this time we're serious about our upcoming push in PC gaming. It's so vital to us at MS that we give the PC our love and support!
    By doubling down we mean we're keeping this shittastic GFWL client around because! We might even throw an update at it to fix the problem of game saves being randomly deleted or rendered worthless...maybe.
    Hey gaiz, we're making GFWL even better because it's now called Games for Windows Marketplace. Everything is brand new and easy to use, anonymous journalists have even said it's better than Steam. We had 3 interns and a janitor work on this, so you know we're committed!
    Hey gaiz, MS again. With Windows 8 we're totally going to put our full weight behind PC gaming just like we promised back in 2006! Pls be excite.
    We're committed to PC gaming and we absolutely think GFWL is the best play to get PC games and play with others. Our client is awesome....ly bloated and deletes shit randomly, but that's really one of the charms of PC gaming that we captured! It's a balanced experience! Hope you rike!
    Hey gaiz new manager here, so like a bunch of your games might stop working come 2014...but that's okay! We expect there to be transitions as we build out new investments, but we remain committed to bringing first party gaming services and games to Windows for years to come. We will share more details in the future!
  • 2014 – Phil Spencer: a ‘renewed focus’ on Windows PC gaming from Microsoft is coming | http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/21/5534188/microsoft-renewed-focus-on-windows-pc-gaming-phil-spencer

pfft hahaha

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@mirautaj said:
@lostrib said:

agreed , think everyone already knows that Microsoft don't give a flying **** about PC-gaming ... they just want to promote their crappy console by using PC name to pave the way for them . that's a bitch move

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Now that X1 isnt doing what they thought it would ... time for PC unlike last generation ... MS shitheads giving the middle finger to your console fanbase ! At least 2015 looks promising

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

They are just following the money, the sells for the PC platform has literally exploded.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jg4xchamp

@Guy_Brohski said:

@jg4xchamp: Because PC automatically runs every game in 60fps regardless of hardware, right?

Most things yes, and that's the beauty of a platform where I can adjust the settings to make sure I get 60 frames, real 60 frames, locked 60 frames. Not it's 60 when the game is standing still, but when you're in action it's more like 45-55 frames per second.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Or at the very least announce some Xbox One exclusives coming to PC like Sunset: Overdrive, Halo MCC, Quantum Break, Forza and not the other way around with money hating SMITE, Gigantic, Elite: Dangerous, and other PC games or potentially any PC game shown at this conference. Microsoft sure has no problem "uniting" the xbox brand when it comes to taking PC games and developers and putting them on Xbox but when its the other way its they'll hesitate to put even their smallest games on PC.

Since a PC Gamer Mag staffed replied to a comment stating that Microsoft would show off some games at the conference there is a little spec of hope but I get the feeling they'll just show off some indie crap that was made exclusive to the Xbox One but would of been put on PC and other platforms anyway.

My excitement for the show is lowered with an XBOX LOGO NOT A WINDOWS LOGO being on a PC gaming conference. With microsofts screen time most likely being a disappointment it will make me mad that the time and spot could of been used by more PC developers and Publishers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

But I made this thread yesterday. :(

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

Okay.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@babyjoker1221 said:

Looking into the future a bit, I wonder if there will be a time in which pc and XB1 won't basically be tied together. At least as far as Win10 goes anyway. Multiplayer games basically being shared across the two like fable will. The XB1 could have a few exclusives, but basically become a cheaper and simpler pc basically, but the online portion would be intertwined between the two.

I expect multiplay games that are on PC and XB1 will be cross play starting next year. I also expect many PC games that use Win10/DX12 will end up on the XB1 as well. There still will be exclusive games that are only on PC and only on XB1 though. I don't expect any of the exclusive XB1 Halo games to go to PC unless they are streaming from the XB1. I think Microsoft knows that for them to compete again Sony and the PS4, they will still need a lot of exclusive XB1 games that are only on XB1 and not any other platform.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

so....same time next year MS? see you then so :P.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I'l believe it when I see it.

you've made me happy enough with Windows 10 and Direct X12 Microsoft .... anything else is icing on the cake.

I believe... Microsoft is getting to that point of maturity with "The New Windows" that should dominate the market... if people had any sense... but judging by the mac fanboys... I wouldn't be suprised if I'm wrong.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

What is going on, will the next war be Windows/Xbox vs Steam/Nintendo/GoG?

What would happen if Windows/Xbox team up and exile Sony?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

1 less reason to buy XB1. Thanks Phil!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cloud_imperium

@NoodleFighter said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Or at the very least announce some Xbox One exclusives coming to PC like Sunset: Overdrive, Halo MCC, Quantum Break, Forza and not the other way around with money hating SMITE, Gigantic, Elite: Dangerous, and other PC games or potentially any PC game shown at this conference. Microsoft sure has no problem "uniting" the xbox brand when it comes to taking PC games and developers and putting them on Xbox but when its the other way its they'll hesitate to put even their smallest games on PC.

Since a PC Gamer Mag staffed replied to a comment stating that Microsoft would show off some games at the conference there is a little spec of hope but I get the feeling they'll just show off some indie crap that was made exclusive to the Xbox One but would of been put on PC and other platforms anyway.

My excitement for the show is lowered with an XBOX LOGO NOT A WINDOWS LOGO being on a PC gaming conference. With microsofts screen time most likely being a disappointment it will make me mad that the time and spot could of been used by more PC developers and Publishers.

Totally agree man. Hopefully they'll announce something that had lower chances of being on PC and not some third party game that was always supposed to be on PC at some point like new Tomb Raider.

@Heil68 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Agree there buddy. That atmosphere and dark soundtrack still give me chills every time when I think about that game. Easily one of the best games ever made. Too bad, it was misunderstood and vastly overlooked. In fact Freelancer is one of the biggest reasons why I'm looking forward to Squadron 42/Star Citizen.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cloud_imperium
@mirautaj said:
@lostrib said:

Best comment ever.

Moral: Who needs enemies when you have friends like Microsoft.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Saying something is one thing, doing is another.

Will they probably make more of a push to be a viable platform for PC gaming with their own store front? Yeah I'd imagine they plan on making something that competes with Steam and Gog and the like, but out right making exclusive stuff that is significant? I'm not holding my breath.

No way would any sane game developer make their game exclusive to some windows store. Microsoft would have to buy them out one at a time. I guess they are in no shortage of money, but it seems like a waste to me.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Ya besides the long over due dx12 release, I doubt they truly are making it all that much better. I know for a fact if I go to windows 10 and need some fucking xbox live account I'll be pissed the **** off, I have far too many accounts with different game providers as it is.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#39 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

No dude. That's only true for PS3, PS4, PSvita or WiiU and 3DS LOL

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#40 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

The day Halo gets released same day on PC as Xbox is the end of the Xbox brand imo. And if that's what they want, cool. I had fun with it.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

MS at E3 will be mostly about Xbox exclusives, they will talk a lot about Win10/DX12.

Gamescom will be all about the new Xbox exclusives also launching on PC

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Nice knowing you X1 but it's game over man, game over. :P

Anyway, gonna be a great E3 for MS me thinks, they've got a lot to talk about between X1 & PC, can't wait.

What ya think?

The Story.

---

Xbox Boss: We Weren't Fully Committed to PC Gaming, But That's Changing Now

"Our team has never committed more resources to making Windows better for game developers and gamers."

by Eddie Makuch on June 4, 2015

Ahead of Microsoft's appearance at the PC Gaming Show at E3 later this month, Xbox executive Phil Spencer has pledged to gamers that the mistakes of Games for Windows Live won't be repeated with Windows 10. Speaking with PC Gamer, which is hosting the event with Microsoft as a co-sponsor, Spencer started off by recalling the struggles of Microsoft's PC gaming past.

"We weren't fully committed as a company, and I've said that before. We made commitments to developers and consumers that I don't feel we lived up to," he said when asked about Games for Windows Live. "The key difference now is that the Xbox team is driving the Windows and console gaming efforts as one connected ecosystem."

If gaming on Windows 10 falls short, it won't be for lack of effort or resources.

"I can tell you definitively that our team has never committed more resources to making Windows better for game developers and gamers, and that means any gamer on Windows 10, regardless of storefront or device," Spencer explained.

"Windows is the most popular platform for games in the world and we are committed to doing more," he added. "Xbox needs to deliver meaningful, measurable improvements for games and gamers--both for existing games and services and new titles."

Asked if Microsoft's internal development teams, as part of the company's overall renewed focus on PC gaming, would develop PC-exclusive games, Spencer promised support for the platform, but didn't make any promises.

"The charter of Microsoft Studios is to develop games that showcase the best of every Windows device," he said. "You can absolutely count on us to invest in games for the PC. While we want to break down the walls between platforms, we also know that certain games are optimized for certain devices."

Of course a question about new Halo games coming to PC also came up in the interview. Spencer reminded fans that Halo has a history of supporting PC with games like Halo: Combat Evolved for the original Xbox and Windows 98; Halo 2 for PC; and Halo: Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike for Windows 8.

"There's definitely a legacy there," Spencer said. "So no, we wouldn't rule out more Halo coming to the PC."

Read the full PC Gamer interview here.

The first-ever PC Gaming Show at E3 will be held Tuesday, June 16, starting at 5 PM PDT. GameSpot will have all the news from the show as it's announced.

even if X1 fails miserably (it wont), microsoft still has a lot of money to spend. im telling you, they wont give up on the console business.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@lostrib said:

Don't download Windows 10 with DX12, we don't want you to get the impression Microsoft does anything for gaming.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Well I won't lie here, should MS start releasing on PC titles such as new GEOW & Forza titles I'd be a extremely happy !!

Most probably it won't since MS ain't stupid and they want to push the Xbox brand so exclusivity on some franchises is essential to make their console(s) stand out...

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

"even if X1 fails miserably (it wont), microsoft still has a lot of money to spend. im telling you, they wont give up on the console business."

The investors might though.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SecretPolice

@cainetao11 said:
@SecretPolice said:

The day Halo gets released same day on PC as Xbox is the end of the Xbox brand imo. And if that's what they want, cool. I had fun with it.

Yup, the writing's on the wall if they announce Halo/Forza/Gears will launch on PC the same time as X1 but I don't really see that happening, at least not in the next few years. If MS decides to go all in on PC and leave the console biz then i'll follow my fav devs & IP's and will do the same, damn, be weird to be called a herm again. :P

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

Windows 10 being free likely has less to do with MS' generosity and more to do with a certain U.S. security agency providing a bit of a payoff for backdoor access and increased adoption rates, but I may just be paranoid.

I'll still install it for DirectX 12, but I refuse to believe that the company that introduced things like GFWL is doing this simply for PR and because they can afford it.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Windows 10 AKA the final nail for Xbone. (well..actually it's already dead...but it's what they say :p )

Thank you M$ for doing a full seppuku with the Xbone. LOL

total BS from start to finish, the Xbone isn't dead at all you muppet, it's doing as well as most console did at this point in there lifespan, it's sold More than the 360 did in the same time frame, you talk so much shit mate.

Not selling as well as the PS4 does not equate to it being a dead console, Dreamcast was a dead console at this point the Xbone is far from it.

'It’s exceedingly rare that a new video game console would immediately start printing money from its hardware alone this soon after launch. Sony may be having better luck with the PS4, but they’re the exception, not the rule in this case, and a typical console launch looks more like what Microsoft is experiencing now (not to mention there are still larger problems with Sony itself that drag down the accomplishments of their video game division).'

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/11/why-its-perfectly-fine-if-microsoft-has-lost-400m-on-xbox-one/

the Ps4 is the EXCEPTION not the RULE.

I think forbes know a little bit more about it than you do sunshine

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Like Phil Spencer, he seems genuine. Wonder if MS will try to compete more with Steam?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It's disgusting that you ever uninstalled the original, it's not like it takes up alot of space??, i mean seriously how dare you!.

Seriously though, Freelancer is one of the best games MS ever published and a sequel would be amazing, actually, even a remaster would be amazing, with an updated engine and some proper mod tools.