Xbox 360 === Poor man's PS3

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

objectivegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 objectivegamer
Member since 2005 • 249 Posts

With the unvieling of PS Home, Xbox Live pales in comparsion.

And when MS releases the ***BLACK*** Xeyphr Xbox 360 then you'll truly know that the Xbox 360 is just a poor man's PS3. Its for people who don't mind settling for mediocrity.
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

And when MS releases the ***BLACK*** Xeyphr Xbox 360 then you'll truly know that the Xbox 360 is just a poor man's PS3.  Its for people who don't mind settling for mediocrity.
objectivegamer
It's easy to settle when you have the games. Just ask all the PS2 owners last gen.
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts

Really? I coulda sworn it was for people who like to play good games.

You have fun sitting in your couch playing in a virtual word where you.... virtually sit on your couch

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
Yet, its the 360 owners that actually have games worth playing out of the two.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

the 360 is the gamers PS3

cuz it has games to play unlike PS3

jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
When you have enough decent games than you can count on one hand, come back with your smack talk. Until then, enjoy your $600 door-stop.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
agreed. Xbox was, is, and will always be second when compared to PlayStation.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
Was that supposed to be an arrow in your title? Cos it still looks like a 'greater than' symbol.
nybritboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nybritboy
Member since 2005 • 774 Posts
wow, one day of slightly interesting news from sony camp, and the cows are all jumping. I would worry about the lack of games not access to some glorified second life.
peterrobau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 peterrobau
Member since 2004 • 1319 Posts
Whatever... I guess the rich people just wont play Gears, Halo, Mass Effect, Forza, and will have the worst versions of multiplats.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
360 is a poor man's PS3 cuz they're poor for spending all their money on great games. PS3 owner's dont' have that problem.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
When you have enough decent games than you can count on one hand, come back with your smack talk. Until then, enjoy your $600 door-stop.jacksheets
Question: Was the Xbox360 game library more impressive during the 1st 4 months? Answer: No.
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts

CoD2

Yes

edit- at 2largeadults right above

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dsmccracken
[QUOTE="jacksheets"]When you have enough decent games than you can count on one hand, come back with your smack talk. Until then, enjoy your $600 door-stop.2largeadults
Question: Was the Xbox360 game library more impressive during the 1st 4 months? Answer: No.

Question: For $700, shouldn't you set the bar a bit higher? Answer: Yes.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 magus-21
Member since 2006 • 2868 Posts
[QUOTE="jacksheets"]When you have enough decent games than you can count on one hand, come back with your smack talk. Until then, enjoy your $600 door-stop.2largeadults

Answer: Yes. Condemned, Kameo, PDZ, DOA4 beats out, what, Resistance?
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 osusfaith

There were a significantly higher amount of AA games in the first 4 months of the 360 though.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
[QUOTE="2largeadults"][QUOTE="jacksheets"]When you have enough decent games than you can count on one hand, come back with your smack talk. Until then, enjoy your $600 door-stop.magus-21

hell no, resistance, motorstorm, virtua fighter 5 and tekken 5dr > 360 entire library, yes even gears.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 osusfaith
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="2largeadults"][QUOTE="jacksheets"]When you have enough decent games than you can count on one hand, come back with your smack talk. Until then, enjoy your $600 door-stop.xxThyLordxx

hell no, resistance, motorstorm, virtua fighter 5 and tekken 5dr > 360 entire library, yes even gears.

All I heard was some "moo-ing" there, please repeat
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 2largeadults
I guess it would depend on what a user considered decent then. AA probably doesn't cut the decent line for most.
objectivegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 objectivegamer
[QUOTE="2largeadults"][QUOTE="jacksheets"]When you have enough decent games than you can count on one hand, come back with your smack talk. Until then, enjoy your $600 door-stop.magus-21

PDZ, s*cked. Over rated. DOA4, VF4 whips it (true coming out on X360 but months later). Condemned, if its so great how come I never heard of it. Kameo, mediocre game from a fading developer (Rare).
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
funny cus i'm playing my poor-man's ps3 more than my regular ps3...
Vasichko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vasichko
Member since 2004 • 2565 Posts

And when MS releases the ***BLACK*** Xeyphr Xbox 360 then you'll truly know that the Xbox 360 is just a poor man's PS3. Its for people who don't mind settling for mediocrity.
objectivegamer
Really, I am about to get rid of my PS3 and keep my 360. I guess I am a poor man with a 65" Panny plasma in the living room and a 50" Panny plasma in the bedroom. Not to mention a 2006 Mazda RX8 and 2005 Audi A6 in the garage. Sorry, guess Im just poor white trash here....
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dsmccracken
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="2largeadults"][QUOTE="jacksheets"]When you have enough decent games than you can count on one hand, come back with your smack talk. Until then, enjoy your $600 door-stop.xxThyLordxx

That is some bold, unapologetic fanboying there, kudos.
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 neogeo419
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts

You have smoked yourself retarded.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 2largeadults
[QUOTE="objectivegamer"]

Vasichko
Really, I am about to get rid of my PS3 and keep my 360. I guess I am a poor man with a 65" Panny plasma in the living room and a 50" Panny plasma in the bedroom. Not to mention a 2006 Mazda RX8 and 2005 Audi A6 in the garage. Sorry, guess Im just poor white trash here....

Online boasting...ahhh...does it get any better?
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kook18
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="2largeadults"][QUOTE="jacksheets"]When you have enough decent games than you can count on one hand, come back with your smack talk. Until then, enjoy your $600 door-stop.neogeo419

lol love that half-baked movie.
DS_fan_atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DS_fan_atic
Member since 2005 • 4078 Posts
I would RATHER have a 360 over a PS3...
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 neogeo419
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts
[QUOTE="neogeo419"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="2largeadults"][QUOTE="jacksheets"]When you have enough decent games than you can count on one hand, come back with your smack talk. Until then, enjoy your $600 door-stop.Kook18

lol love that half-baked movie.

LOL:lol:
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dsmccracken
[QUOTE="2largeadults"]I guess it would depend on what a user considered decent then. AA probably doesn't cut the decent line for most.

You think that most people don't consider AA decent? Are you that dentist who is the 1 out 5 who doesn't believe in using toothpaste?
carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 carsales
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts
I have both and I like the 360 better. I'm not broke neither.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kook18

LMAO....look at all the insecure Xbot's....they come to this thread likes flies on sh*t.....
objectivegamer
how can i be an xbot if i own a ps3 as well? logic ftw :)
Vasichko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Vasichko
[QUOTE="Vasichko"][QUOTE="objectivegamer"]

2largeadults

For what it is I can snap some pics when I get off of work. Sorry, it was an ignorant post and I will be just as ignorant. The only photo I wont be able to get is the RX8 as it is in the shop getting the motor re-worked for a turbo setup. Now Im just hoping when its done I can hit 500 rwhp out of a 1.3 liter motor.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 2largeadults

LMAO....look at all the insecure Xbot's....they come to this thread likes flies on sh*t.....
objectivegamer
Well, it's been a rough couple of days for them ;)
objectivegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 objectivegamer
[QUOTE="objectivegamer"]
Kook18
how can i be an xbot if i own a ps3 as well? logic ftw :)

Well, not every one in this thread are xbots. Didn't mean u.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I haven't seen any reason to buy a PS3 over an xbox 360 yet. Until now xbox 360 still has the best games after all (let's just settle for people who review games for a living and no fanboyish comments ok?) and... well... yes it's always about the games, so now it's about the games again. I don't expect the situation to change in the next year too.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts

First off, picking on the poor is wrong.

Second, 360 has games.

third, you fail, like this thread.

Vasichko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vasichko

objectivegamer
Sorry, I have both and probably make more than you annually so you have nothing on me. Come talk when you have achieved any amount of success in your life.
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dsmccracken

objectivegamer
They flock to topics like this, not (completely) because they are fanboys, but because the topic is retarded. If someone on some chat board posts a ridiculous racist rant, people would certainly flock to that too to chastise the bigot. Would that make them equality fanboys?
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 2largeadults

objectivegamer
i think you hit a nerve :D
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
you would be right if not for the fact that the 360 actually has several AAA games while the ps3 has none. looks like the title should read. ps3 === the non gamer's 360.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
[QUOTE="objectivegamer"]
2largeadults
i think you hit a nerve :D

Not really. Flamebaits usually get most replies for some back up. When you've got an excellent point the thread usually dies down. Still, this is in between those two.
Rev2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rev2221
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts

i bought a 360 for the games... it's as simple as that. xbl is a nice extra and it was indeed a factor in me buying the console but now that i've played games online like GOW and GRAW2 (demo) i think they suck (purely my opinion because my connection sucks and i suck which = no fun for me). but after playing the single player games that i have it was definately worth the investment. the exclusives like dead rising and GOW and Kameo in addition to the BC games like halo, halo 2, ninja gaiden black, and crimson skies make it all worth it for me. maybe some day an online game will come out that caters to my tastes. even if i had known that i wouldn't like live that much i still would have bought the system.

PS3's "home" sounds awesome but it's not a game... it's a community. i'll get a PS3 when there are more decent games out for it and when i recover from spending 300$ on my 360.

2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 2largeadults

i bought a 360 for the games... it's as simple as that. xbl is a nice extra and it was indeed a factor in me buying the console but now that i've played games online like GOW and GRAW2 (demo) i think they suck (purely my opinion because my connection sucks and i suck which = no fun for me). but after playing the single player games that i have it was definately worth the investment. the exclusives like dead rising and GOW and Kameo in addition to the BC games like halo, halo 2, ninja gaiden black, and crimson skies make it all worth it for me. maybe some day an online game will come out that caters to my tastes. even if i had known that i wouldn't like live that much i still would have bought the system.

PS3's "home" sounds awesome but it's not a game... it's a community. i'll get a PS3 when there are more decent games out for it and when i recover from spending 300$ on my 360.

Rev2221
I'm unaccustomed to reading such quality writing with sound reasoning. Nicely done!
carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 carsales
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts
[QUOTE="2largeadults"][QUOTE="Vasichko"][QUOTE="objectivegamer"]

Vasichko

For what it is I can snap some pics when I get off of work. Sorry, it was an ignorant post and I will be just as ignorant. The only photo I wont be able to get is the RX8 as it is in the shop getting the motor re-worked for a turbo setup. Now Im just hoping when its done I can hit 500 rwhp out of a 1.3 liter motor.

those 1.3l motors shure use alot of gas. Also it's not a 2 stroke engine. good luck on your rx8,
Franco-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Franco-J
Member since 2003 • 1435 Posts
Sony sheeple, keep your garbage posts up outta here. Theres nothing that you can do to convince 360 owners that the Flopstation is the best! Now get back to the herd so you can keep pretending with the other Sony sheeple that your console lived up to the hype! Im a proud 360 owner, and dont need any other consoles this gen.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
PS3= = stupid man's 360
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts
The PS1 and PS2=The poor people's N64/Xbox. I guess they suck, right? They WERE less powerfull and costed LESS.