Xbox 360 couldn't handle Killzone 2...LoL

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AKuMA_G0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AKuMA_G0
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7031&Itemid=2

...and yet lemms still praying that MGS4 would go to the 360.....pffffffffffffffffffff.

ps: check out the comments at the bottom of the page from the haters...

cortz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cortz
Member since 2004 • 237 Posts
Owwww, I really wanted to play killzone aswell.
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

Factor 5 said the same thing about Lair :lol: Guess how much we want that game :lol:

jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts

Sorry to tell you but "lemms" are not worried about KZ2 and MGS4.I always see them talking about the positives in their forum like Halo 3, Mass Effect, COD4, AC, GTA IV, and so on.The 360 hasn't had many flops yet and the PS3 has already had Motorstorm, Lair, and by the looks of other reviews so far Heavenly Sword.

jrpgliker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jrpgliker
Member since 2006 • 663 Posts

every sony first party said so, sth new?:D

yeah I know how desperate sony wonna promot their tech cell and blueray.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Old
AKuMA_G0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AKuMA_G0

They did mention about going multiflat but...

"If you're developing a game on multiple platforms there are restrictions you always have to take into consideration."

the first stage already took them 2Gb so just think how all the stages would fit on a DVD?

Hideo K. even mentioned that MGS4 wouldn't fit on a blue-ray itself so how is it going to fit and play on the 360?

even if these games are compressed, it still won't fit on aDVD.

that's just my opinion.

VACASCULIADAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VACASCULIADAS
Member since 2007 • 1001 Posts
:lol: because guerilla a sony devs saids that :lol: ?? lol poor cows..
sazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 sazreal
Member since 2003 • 108 Posts
I read the article, and I don't quite get why you are so adamant about why it proves anything. They state they simply wouldn't want to build it on another system, not that it's physically impossible(though they appear to be hinting at it, probably to push the PS3 a little), they don't know, they haven't tried. When people say that something can only be built on a PS3, XBox 360, PC, I just don't get why they say that. They are all PC's in their most generic form. From the article, it doesn't sound like they are even talking about the cell or graphics card, but rather the media and the controller. If they can't fit the game data that I've seen onto DVD('s)(PC in the most part uses DVD yet - and yet will most likely be the best looking games around texture wise), then I would say they are lazy in trying to compress the data. The PS3 can't push any more textures than the 360 due to the memory, they both have the same amount for the most part(I'll not even discuss the OS hogging some of it), so if they are storing super highres textures uncompressedon Blu-Ray, then to me that just means they are wasting even more Blue-Ray space for textures and game data that they wouldn't need to compress on the DVD format. This need to not to compress the data only would provide marginal increases in graphics, you'ld lose the artifacts that arise from decompressing data. And come on man, just how often has the sixaxis even proven to be a fundamental part of a PS3 game yet? So far most people say it'sjust there to break up a part of the game, but doesn't add to the game.
VACASCULIADAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VACASCULIADAS
This mediocre developers don't even have 360 dev Kits.
AKuMA_G0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AKuMA_G0

Yeah... poor cows, they'll be getting the best games for the next few years, oh well...

wish i could post more but it's time for more WARHAWK and T5DR:Online.

VACASCULIADAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VACASCULIADAS

Yeah... poor cows, they'll be getting the best games for the next few years, oh well...

AKuMA_G0

best games ps3 library is full of flops.u forgot about lair :lol: ?
CrazyCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CrazyCarter
Member since 2007 • 522 Posts

factor 5: "it can only be done on the ps3"

lair - 4.5 :lol:

and now more 1st party devs are saying the same thing. do you cows lack logic, intelligence, ability to learn, or just plain common sense. didn't you learn anything from that flop?

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

AKuMA_G0

Is it actually possible to play Warhawk online- from what ive been hearing due to Sony online being so amazing u cant lol

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

its just more sony lies..im afraid.

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

Factor 5 said the same thing about Lair :lol: Guess how much we want that game :lol:

SgtWhiskeyjack

Once again another irrelavent post. What the hell does the game being crap have to do with the fact that it is technically impressive. It plays like crap but it looks great. So maybe factor 5 was right, the game cant be done on the X360 from a technical standpoint, even if the game sucked. And what does you wanting or not wanting it have to do with the game not being possible on the X360? people are so random these days...

VACASCULIADAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VACASCULIADAS
[QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

Viviath

Once again another irrelavent post. What the hell does the game being crap have to do with the fact that it is technically impressive. It plays like crap but it looks great. So maybe factor 5 was right, the game cant be done on the X360 from a technical standpoint, even if the game sucked. And what does you wanting or not wanting it have to do with the game not being possible on the X360? people are so random these days...

the game has frame problems is not perfect.
zaid55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 zaid55
Member since 2005 • 1132 Posts
cant run on PC and 360? LMAO
CrazyCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CrazyCarter
Member since 2007 • 522 Posts
[QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

and now more 1st party devs are saying the same thing. do you cows lack logic, intelligence, ability to learn, or just plain common sense. didn't you learn anything from that flop?

VACASCULIADAS

The dev from guerilla even went more far.. He said that PC can't also handle Flopzone 2 :lol:, my PC runs in circles around the crappy PS3 :lol: just look at my specs..

wow. thats sad. i bet this is what the devs of sony are thinking "s***, other ps3 games are flopping so what will happen to ours. oh i know. lets make ridiclous claims about the ps3 and our game and cows will be stupid enough to believe us." :lol: looks like sony and their 1st party devs are becoming desperate and make the gaming industry look bad.

VACASCULIADAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VACASCULIADAS
[QUOTE="VACASCULIADAS"][QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

CrazyCarter

The dev from guerilla even went more far.. He said that PC can't also handle Flopzone 2 :lol:, my PC runs in circles around the crappy PS3 :lol: just look at my specs..

wow. thats sad. i bet this is what the devs of sony are thinking "s***, other ps3 games are flopping so what will happen to ours. oh i know. lets make ridiclous claims about the ps3 and our game and cows will be stupid enough to believe us." :lol: looks like sony and their 1st party devs are becoming desperate and make the gaming industry look bad.

I agree and they even go more low editing halo 3 wiki page :lol:
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Viviath
[QUOTE="Viviath"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

VACASCULIADAS

maybe so but im not arguing about whether Factor 5's statements are correct or not. The fact that Lair as frame problems doesnt mean it could be done on X360. If Crysis had framerate problems, it wouldnt mean its possible on X360/PS3. All I'm trying to say is that respond to what the TC is saying, not what you THINK he is saying. Its like those threads where people say "Can't wait for Crysis Demo! Its gonna be so hot!" then fanboys jump in and say "Well, Halo3 is gonna outsell it 5 to 1" like thats even a relavent comment.

VACASCULIADAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VACASCULIADAS
[QUOTE="VACASCULIADAS"][QUOTE="Viviath"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

Viviath

maybe so but im not arguing about whether Factor 5's statements are correct or not. The fact that Lair as frame problems doesnt mean it could be done on X360. If Crysis had framerate problems, it wouldnt mean its possible on X360/PS3. All I'm trying to say is that respond to what the TC is saying, not what you THINK he is saying. Its like those threads where people say "Can't wait for Crysis Demo! Its gonna be so hot!" then fanboys jump in and say "Well, Halo3 is gonna outsell it 5 to 1" like thats even a relavent comment.

All this X game not possible on this X is pure BS, and we all know this.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

...and yet lemms still praying that MGS4 would go to the 360.....pffffffffffffffffffff.

AKuMA_G0

And Epic said Ps3 can't handle Gears and as of right now, I'm seeing games on the Ps3 that already look better than Gears. :| I hate it when developers say "console X is better than console Y". :(

sazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sazreal
Member since 2003 • 108 Posts
[QUOTE="AKuMA_G0"]

leviathan91

And Epic said Ps3 can't handle Gears and as of right now, I'm seeing games on the Ps3 that already look better than Gears. :| I hate it when developers say "console X is better than console Y". :(

Most likely they said this is because of the memory. If they are utilizing clost to 100% of the 360's memory, then it wouldn't be able to run on the PS3 in its current form. So code/textures would have to be optimized and changed to work on it. Having said that, it's probably possible on the PS3 if they went back and recoded, in it's current form, it's very likely it can't run on the PS3 if they are maxing out the memory. Just like any PS3 game that was strictly built for it, it's a false claim as far as I'm concerned, they are just trying to push people away from wanting them to port it as far as I'm concerned.

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Viviath
[QUOTE="Viviath"][QUOTE="VACASCULIADAS"][QUOTE="Viviath"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

VACASCULIADAS

All this X game not possible on this X is pure BS, and we all know this.

I agree with u 100% but im just saying people shouldnt make comments that have no bearing on what the TC is trying to say.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="AKuMA_G0"]

CwlHeddwyn

Is it actually possible to play Warhawk online- from what ive been hearing due to Sony online being so amazing u cant lol

That depends, I suppose.  If you want a ranked game, good luck.  Unranked games, OTOH, are a dime a dozen.
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
The funniest part of all this is how quickly the COWS believe this BS :lol:
mindz2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mindz2004
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

how many 360 games have they developed again??

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts
[QUOTE="VACASCULIADAS"][QUOTE="Viviath"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

Viviath

Killzones devs and Factor 5 develope soley for Sony. What I'm saying is that they are making comments just like Factor 5 did believing that it would back up Sony's claims that the PS3 has double the power of the 360. Everyone on GS now knows that that isn't the case, but the uninformed will believe what they read even though such a statement is as if Sony had said it themselves.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

AKuMA_G0

This is the same "Cell" processor that on paper.....can stop world hunger? :shock:

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
[QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

VACASCULIADAS

Lol, so killzone will look better than crysis :o

Shows how much they know...

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts

Roflol, when will the lies stop...

Looking at Killzone 2 textures, I'm preeeetty sure it won't take so much space. unless it's a new type of uncompressed-high-res -low-res-textures that I'm unaware of...

VACASCULIADAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VACASCULIADAS

Roflol, when will the lies stop...

Looking at Killzone 2 textures, I'm preeeetty sure it won't take so much space. unless it's a new type of uncompressed-high-res -low-res-textures that I'm unaware of...

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

High-res low-res textures doesnt exist if its high's high,killzone 2 textures are low res the end.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
And Epic said that about Gears of War and guess what? PS3 isn't getting Gears of War. So basically they are right.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#36 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
Sony owns Guerilla
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

Man i wish i was like you guys. I just dont know how you can stand yourself making idiotic comments on purpose or not.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LosDaddie
[QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

VACASCULIADAS

No...no...no

Haven't you learned yet? According to cows, only when a PC has TEH CELL, TEH RSX, and TEH BLU-RAY will it be capable of running PS3 games.

Cows said it, so it must be true

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
[QUOTE="VACASCULIADAS"][QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

LosDaddie

No...no...no

Haven't you learned yet? According to cows, only when a PC has TEH CELL, TEH RSX, and TEH BLU-RAY will it be capable of running PS3 games.

Cows said it, so it must be true

Yes, it is true. TEH CELL nothing on planet earth can compete with it. Even the military wants it!! :shock:

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LosDaddie

Yes, it is true. TEH CELL nothing on planet earth can compete with it. Even the military wants it!! :shock:

Magical_Zebra

Makes sense.

Folding @ Home has already proved the PS3 can cure cancer.

DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts

So the Cell is more powerful than the latest Core 2 Duo Quads??? ......

And the RSX can beat an 8800GTX Ultra???......

and the PS3s 256mb (dont know what speed ps3 ram is..)of ram can beat 2GB of DDR2 PC-800mhz???...

DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DGM09
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts

and the PS3s 256mb (dont know what speed ps3 ram is..)of ram can beat 2GB of DDR2 PC-800mhz???...

DAZZER7

I thought that much was obvious. Even if you overclock them.

cozmcrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cozmcrae
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
motorstorm is actualy a brilliant game and you are the first person i have heard saying that its a flop. i have heard a lot of people saying that halo3 beta was a flop and they are not looking forward to the game now. this is not biased as i am not a fanboy and own both systems (prefer 360 at the moment)
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LosDaddie

DAZZER7

According to cows, no PC can touch the PS3's performance.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

Wow...exclusive developers are saying that there game is not possible on another system.

This has happened about 20 times so far this gen.

What a joke.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts

SgtWhiskeyjack

What do Lairs controls have to do with console power? Ignorant statment.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts
we know this already. The 360 has small disk space. That doesn't mean it can't handle the game. It means that you would need like 4 disks. They never said nothing about processing power, RAM, or any other thing that actually determines graphical quality. Thread fails.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

DAZZER7

The Cow said so, so it must be true :o

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts

Remeber guys when Killflop 2 bomb's it CAN ONLY BE DONE ON THE PS3

Just like that Fantastic AAA game Lair :wink:

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

DAZZER7

as for RAM subtract 256 to 500 to run your OS. another 256 to 500 to run whatever is going on in your back ground and its really like 500 - 1.5GBs which is still greater than whats on the PS3.:p