Xbone won't lose its exclusives from now on

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#51 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@deadline-zero0 said:

@Desmonic said:

@RR360DD: Well, Ryse did sell 1 million >.>... Then again so did Knack....dat buyer awareness.

They did? I couldn't find any info on it. I did find solid info on DR3 and inFamous selling 1 million in 1 month. Shadow Fall passed 2 million (horrible), and it was stimated Forza 5 sold 1 million + aswell.

But i couldn't find concrete info on Ryse and Knack. Do yuo have a link?

Ryse sales are at 0.93 million ATM . I read about it like 2 days ago somewhere . I think it was on eurogamer but not sure .

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

You really have to wonder if the OP is trying to convince himself or us.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@freedomfreak said:

I don't think so, considering it's Microsoft.

I don't see stuff like Infamous, Little Big Planet 3, Driveclub, Killzone, Knack, and others go to other platforms, because Sony has proper in-house developers. Same with Nintendo.

Sony's 1st party is constantly shrinking as it's not profitable, out of what you listed LBP3 is made by a studio for hire, Sumo Digital. They're making 360 port of Forza Horizon 2. You just invalidated your own point. I will re-emphasize what you tried to say. You implied Sony has proper in-house developers - then you listed LBP3 as its example.

Wait, what? Media Molecule is working on another game, so what does Sumo doing LBP3 have to do with "shrinking" 1st party? It actually frees up Media Molecule to create another new IP or whatever other project they are working on - presumably because they've had enough of LBP franchise themselves.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Sony's 1st party is constantly shrinking as it's not profitable, out of what you listed LBP3 is made by a studio for hire, Sumo Digital. They're making 360 port of Forza Horizon 2. You just invalidated your own point. I will re-emphasize what you tried to say. You implied Sony has proper in-house developers - then you listed LBP3 as its example.

Congrats. You managed to snag one out of the list.

Doesn't stop Sony from having studios that put out actual exclusives though, instead of paying developers for a game that will inevitably end up on other platforms.

Yes, but Sony had done the same thing in the past. Now all those 3rd party exclusives are gone to. Did you forget about Ace Combat, Ridge Racer, Tekken, Final Fantasy, Katimara Domacy, Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Tekken, Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed, etc... All these game were either exclusive on PS or was suppose to be exclusive and now they are multiplat. So Microsoft isn't the only company have done this and then seen exclusives go to other platforms. The difference is most of M$ exclusive end up on the PC and not on the competing platform. Games like Halo 5, Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Fable Legends, Gears of War 5, Crackdown 3, etc.. won't be on any other platform.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@freedomfreak said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Who owns the Quantum Break IP? It's the only game I'm interested because it's made by Remedy.

Remedy.

Are you sure about that because Microsoft registered the trademark...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
@blackace said:

Yes, but Sony had done the same thing in the past. Now all those 3rd party exclusives are gone to. Did you forget about Ace Combat, Ridge Racer, Tekken, Final Fantasy, Katimara Domacy, Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Tekken, Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed, etc... All these game were either exclusive on PS or was suppose to be exclusive and now they are multiplat. So Microsoft isn't the only company have done this and then seen exclusives go to other platforms. The difference is most of M$ exclusive end up on the PC and not on the competing platform. Games like Halo 5, Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Fable Legends, Gears of War 5, Crackdown 3, etc.. won't be on any other platform.

There's exclusives in that list, btw. Assassin's Creed has never been exclusively on a Playstation platform. Like, the hell are you going on about?

You just enforced my point. I never denied Sony didn't do similar things. Also, I'm gonna need proof for all those listed that Sony paid for them to be on their platform, and that it wasn't just the publisher wanting it to be on the Ps2, for example.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 freedomfreak  Online
@edwardecl said:

Are you sure about that because Microsoft registered the trademark...

I got corrected earlier.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@freedomfreak said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Doesn't stop Sony from having studios that put out actual exclusives though, instead of paying developers for a game that will inevitably end up on other platforms.

Doesn't stop me from not caring about what exclusives they make. Apart from Naughty Dog, there's nothing special in there for me. And even if with Naughty Dog, there's nothing there to make me buy it.

Just wait and see for more games to materialize and then we can talk. There is new Gears of War game from Black Tusk which I'm beyond confident won't appear on PC, just like Fable Legends or Sunset Overdrive or Scalebound won't.

That has nothing to do with anything.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts
@RR360DD said:

The exclusives served their purpose. People have bought an XOne for Dead Rising and Ryse (shocking, i know).

The console will be out almost a year by the time they make PC, they're old news and no use to MS anymore with all the new exclusives on the way. I know it damages teh consoles rep in System Wars (LOL) but in the real world it doesn't matter at all.

Pretty much this. Only matters in SW.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

X1 will continue to lose exclusives. "As your guys line of thinking would suggest" They were never going to be exclusive in the first place.

Microsoft likes money. Struggling financial companies should learn from this. With the price of developing AAA games now. You have to exhaust all profits.

The suits at Microsoft don't sit on possible profits. Investing in a studio/ game is way cheaper than producing an in house IP in todays gaming market. Pretty smart if you ask me.

Money!

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@blackace said:

@freedomfreak said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Doesn't stop Sony from having studios that P1put out actual exclusives though, instead of paying developers for a game that will inevitably end up on other platforms.

PS1 and PS2 games weren't "exclusive" in the sense that Sony was doing anything contractually to make them exclusive. They were exclusive because the PS1 and PS2 franchises were the only dominant platform to put many of those games on. There are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of 'exclusive' PS1 and PS2 games - many from Japanese studios. There was no other reason for these games to be exclusive other Playstation was the natural place to put them, and there was no point in wasting even $1 to put them on anything but the dominant platform.

The economics are obviously very different now. If a game is on a single platform it stands out, and must be assumed the studio was paid to make the game either "timed exclusive" or they were contracted as 2nd party. The only way this changes, is if one platform takes a massive market share, or another platform falls into oblivion and becomes not worth supporting (which is what we are seeing with the Wii-U lack of 3rd party). So far, it seems like XB1 is still in the fight - at least to the point where it will get most multiplats. But with steam in the fold, you have to think the vast majority of multiplat games will always be on PC from here on out, so even if one console became dominant it would still probably get very few 3rd party exclusives as it would have to share with PC.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Yes, it will. Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break are almost guaranteed to go multiplat. There's also Phil Spencer promising more PC support.

After last gen this really shouldn't be surprising, lems were warned about this happening at the beginning of this gen too. If you want consoles that keep their exclusives, you go with the WII U and PS4, since almost all of their exclusives are made by 1st party studios. This is one of the main reasons I'm skipping on Xbox this gen, for the first time.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Who owns the Quantum Break IP? It's the only game I'm interested because it's made by Remedy.

Remedy.

So Quantum Break will pull an Alan Wake 100% guaranteed it. LOL Xbone.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 freedomfreak  Online
@Krelian-co said:

So Quantum Break will pull an Alan Wake 100% guaranteed it. LOL Xbone.

The IP is owned by Microsoft.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Looks like dung.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

xbox has never been known for having exclusives anyway, that's why I laugh when I see lems trying to play the game of the xbone having more exclusives right now than the PS4. Last gen the 360 had some games that weren't on PS3 because some devs didn't want to program for it but now the xbone stands no chance against the PS4. It might as well disappear and make life easier for everyone by having less fragmentation in the market.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Does anyone have a list of what if any Xbone exclusives remained exclusive and not ported to the PC at some point?

Sony and Nintendo will never port their games to the PC, but a windows game is a windows game business wise once the hype dies down on a game it would be stupid not to port to the PC for MS.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@freedomfreak said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Remedy.

Sadly , that's not true . Microsoft owns the IP and that's only console game that interests me as well .

http://trademarks.justia.com/859/56/quantum-85956954.html

Damn, that's bad news. Chances of it appearing on PC are pretty slim that means.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

Sunset Overdrive Sigma will happen a year later, I'm sure. They're not going to miss out on what will be a vastly bigger audience.

Yup! And quantum theory will be heading to the PC. M$ doesn't have GREAT 1st party studios outside of 383..

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Meh. The only worth playing games on xboner are better on pc....no point in buying it atm.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#73 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@freedomfreak: I don't see stuff like Infamous, Little Big Planet 3, Driveclub, Killzone, Knack, and others go to other platforms, because Sony has proper in-house developers. Same with Nintendo.

I definitely see that stuff going to psnow at some point and therefore losing its exclusivity.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 freedomfreak  Online
@cainetao11 said:

I definitely see that stuff going to psnow at some point and therefore losing its exclusivity.

But how are they losing exclusivity?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

I think you're right that the Xbone won't lose it's exclusives, it just won't be getting them in the first place. A few of the recent games gambled on the X1 taking off more than it did, it's simply too tough to pass up on the PS4 with so many more consoles out there. I can't see devs of games like Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive partnering with MS like they have in the future.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cainetao11

@Cloud_imperium: As @ghostwarrior786 said , Fable is owned by M$ but it also appears on PC . So , QB may appear on PC after some time . So far , they haven't said "NO" to PC version of the game . Things may become a bit more clear in interviews after gamescom demo .

Yes the first Fable is on PC. The first two halo's as well. I'm not waiting to play 3/4/ legends or halo 3/4/5 on PC. I'll play them when released. As for Quantum, I didn't wait with Alan Wake, shit sure not waiting on QB.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Cloud_imperium: As @ghostwarrior786 said , Fable is owned by M$ but it also appears on PC . So , QB may appear on PC after some time . So far , they haven't said "NO" to PC version of the game . Things may become a bit more clear in interviews after gamescom demo .

Yes the first Fable is on PC. The first two halo's as well. I'm not waiting to play 3/4/ legends or halo 3/4/5 on PC. I'll play them when released. As for Quantum, I didn't wait with Alan Wake, shit sure not waiting on QB.

fable 3 is on pc and yes im buying a x1 to play halo anyway but it would be nice if they were released on pc. alan wake is pretty shit but hopefully qb is better

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Its cause they keep shuttering or sabotaging all their studios.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Yeah,you can bet that Sunset Overdrive and especially Quantum Break will be appearing on the PC at a later date.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

It's not as if Ryse was a system seller.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#81  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

It's pretty much always been this way with Microsoft games. They'll go to PC but people will know the games better for being on the console. You don't see many people talking about how they're gonna get Halo on the PC like you will with BF4 or CoD.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@freedomfreak said:

I don't see stuff like Infamous, Little Big Planet 3, Driveclub, Killzone, Knack, and others go to other platforms, because Sony has proper in-house developers. Same with Nintendo.

Sony owns the Little Big Planet IP and Media Molecule, the studio that created the IP.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 cainetao11

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

fable 3 is on pc and yes im buying a x1 to play halo anyway but it would be nice if they were released on pc. alan wake is pretty shit but hopefully qb is better

Yeah that's right. I have no desire to wait to play games, so if I can, I don't. Might as well wait for PSNow to come to PC then in order to play TLOU in 4K

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By cainetao11

@freedomfreak said:
@cainetao11 said:

But how are they losing exclusivity?

Well TLOU isn't exclusive as its on PS3 and PS4. Look at the list of PS3 games now playable on PS4 through the PSNow beta. None are exclusive to the PS3 anymore. And when PSNow goes to Sony TVs, tablets and PCs as it was announced it would down the road, then when PS4 titles get to it, they will no longer be exclusive to PS4. That's how it works here at SW

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Yeah sure it won't... :P

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle